Private Message Problems.

Started by nintendo0031, June 01, 2010, 09:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nintendo0031

For the last few days, including one or two days about two weeks ago, I've been getting some pms, but not others. I was wondering if I need to do anything, or if it just a glitch, or if it is a wide spread problem.

Vekseid

nintendo0031

Well, I've been sending a few pm's to potential roleplay partners on here, and I have two examples of it happening. I would send a pm, and to not be a burden, I would wait a few days before resending. When I would resend, they would say that they have replied to it, but I have not gotten their message. Sorry if that isn't a good enough description.

Tharic

I'm noticing something similar as well this morning. I had sent a PM to two people yesterday and one of them replied but apparently the other did not see the original message I sent. In addition, on one of the replies from one of the two, I never saw it in my inbox yet I saw a reply to the reply make it to me.

Something is wrong, just hard to explain it without somehow "showing" someone what I mean. Feel free to PM or even IM me for me info if you need it though.

nintendo0031

This is the same for me. Thanks for helping explain, Rolin.

HockeyGod

Not that this is the problem, but one idea might be the page of the PM. If you receive multiple PMs and it happened to be at the end of a page, thus causing a new page to be created, it is easy to miss the PMs residing on the page before. These messages on the previous page are marked as "read" if you visit your PM box (not if you click on a message).

I'm not saying it happened, but you might want to check to see if the PM was actually received but was inadvertently stored on a previous page that was overlooked. I know I've had that happen several times to me and I nearly miss the messages.

nintendo0031

Thanks for the idea, alxnjsh, but this has not happened in my case.

Vekseid

Who sent you the missing messages?

nintendo0031

The first incident was 'thirteenhearts' and the next was with 'yume.' It was nothing major, though.