Pathfinder; Evil Dead Recruitment

Started by Elven Sex Goddess, February 13, 2016, 01:47:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elven Sex Goddess

Pathfinder

Evil Dead Hunters

Quest for the Necronomicon

Darkness has descended up the land.  The Necronomicon has been unearth and fallen into the wrong hands.   This mysterious person is raising legions of the Evil Dead across the land.  Leaving a wake of dead that rises up to do unspeakable horrors. The Lady Ash Moonstone a witch of the White seeks able body individuals to combat this great evil growing in the lands.

It is a thousand years since the great apocalypse that brought the great nations down of the world.  Which plunged the world back in technology and civilization.   Humanity split into various races,  Elves,  Dwarfs, Gnomes,  Halflings, Orcs,  Goblins and other fantastical races.   Creatures of fantasy arose out of the great radiation fields that abound in the world after the great wars that devastated the world.   New kingdoms would arise from the ashes of the apocalypse.   As technology rescinded, magic awoken in the world.

The old world faded, the world before the great apocalypse.   It became the great ruins  of a dark past.   From where the evil dead arise from,  a dark past that looms once again to spring forth and reclaim the world in its darkness.

Pathfinder system will be used.   All characters will be level 1 in starting.  Character creation will be 25 point buy.  With two free  traits.  Along with a free +2 ability trait to use where want in addition to any racial bonus given for characters of the core races.   Other races allowed are those between the RP rating of 11 to 15,  these characters do not get the bonus ability freebie.   Starting gold will be max for class level one.   No evil alignments are allowed.  No character will be of the order the 'White'.

The order of the White Is a mysterious coven of five witches of good.

The party will be starting in the town of 'the Vale'.   What was once North America with Canada and the United States.  Has developed into a  vast no mans land to the west.   Where the Humanoid tribes roam this vast area known as the Grunge.  In the midst of this in the western side of the Grunge is the Dwarven Kingdom.   A highway known as the Dwarven highway is the only way to reach the dwarven kingdom.   The Dwarven phalanxes keep the highway secure, somewhat.   The highway connects to the only known human settlement in the Grunge, Frontier Town.   A wild hardy folk who dare to live within the Grunge.   What once was Chicago and great lakes region is now the Empire of Great Lakes.   To the north of this empire is the Elven kingdom   It is a vast woodland and not much is known within this vast northern woodland.   Where Maine and the north-northeastern part of the United States is now the Republic of York.   Along the eastern seaboard in the middle is the kingdom of Carolina.  It is here that the Vale is located.    Around the southern seaboard coast and to the gulf coast is what is known as the coalition of Free cities.   Two of which are Gnome cities as the Gnome lands are part of this coalition or part of them.    In the center of the eastern part of the continent is what is known as the free lands not align to any kingdom. In its northern part and and also part of the Great lakes,  York and Carolina is the Halfling valley.   Finally to the south is the Lizardmen kingdom where once was Florida.   

Classes allowed; Base,  Core, Hybrid, Unchained and Occult

Classes not allowed;  Gestalt builds ( redundant with hybrid), Alternative classes and NPC  (their NPC classes).

Magic is allowed at start if can afford to purchase it.  Through if can purchase only one magical item will be allowed.   The game has one major center plot in that the characters will be tracking down the Necronomicon.  From that a series of smaller quests that lead to fulfilling the major quest.  The tone of the campaign will be dark, with a comedic twist.  (In homage to the B rated genre of horror brought to a fantasy setting.)

Looking for four to six players   

Lunar Raven

Hi ESG, colour me interested - love the Evil Dead, which is quite... Groovy!

In this  instance, I'm thinking a magus or bloodrager.  I'm leaning towards Elven or Half-elf, but I'll run a check to see if Aasimars, Dhamphirs or Tieflings are acceptable, just for the sake of options.
Member of the INTP group.  What's yours?

Ons/Offs: Elliquiy; F-List
Current Status: Closed.  Only seeking a GM for a solo game.
My Tumblr Blog (NSFW; Mostly Impreg)

Lunar Raven's gallery of Desired Titillations
Idea & Request Thread

persephone325

Expressing interest!

I have a Dhampir Druid I've been trying to play in several different Pathfinder games. If it's acceptable, then I'll dig up her sheet.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Revelation

I'm interested, the thought of playing an inquisitor is kind of fun, I might be leaning to that.

persephone325

Will this be played over the forum, Miss Elf?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Chulanowa

Just a question; what in the world is a "geist" build? Nevermind, guessing you meant gestalt build

Interested, by the by :)

Revelation

Also - going with the dark/comedic/b movie twist, idea for the inquisitor is an apprentice monster hunter, maybe someone trained in the arts and sent off to further his own 'education' in doing so without the aid of his order, or perhaps seeking something important to whatever order he's from. I mean, as far as b movie ideas go, I figure monster slayer/hunter is definitely one of those that're a big archetype!

Lunar Raven

Just to check a little about the campaign itself; will characters come together working under some representative of the Order of White? (Lady Ash Moonstone for instance) and how much independence is there in coming up with background material for characters?

Would it be correct to assume the primary enemies will be Deadites/Undead or even fiendish foes?

Idea & Request Thread

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: schnookums on February 13, 2016, 07:13:24 PM
Expressing interest!

Welcome  do you have a concept yet?

Quote from: Lunar Raven on February 13, 2016, 07:33:33 PM
Hi ESG, colour me interested - love the Evil Dead, which is quite... Groovy!

In this  instance, I'm thinking a magus or bloodrager.  I'm leaning towards Elven or Half-elf, but I'll run a check to see if Aasimars, Dhamphirs or Tieflings are acceptable, just for the sake of options.

Yes, I have adjusted what is allowed,  and Aasimars,  Dhamphirs and Tieflings will be allowed.   As any race between 11 - 15 RP will be allowed.  They however will not get the bonus ability score.   

Quote from: Chulanowa on February 13, 2016, 11:38:33 PM
Just a question; what in the world is a "geist" build? Nevermind, guessing you meant gestalt build

Interested, by the by :)

Uggh,  was looking through whitewolf world of darkness books, had geist on mind.   As was debating whether or not to run Evil Dead game with world of darkness rules.  Before deciding on the pathfinder system and putting a more fantasy spin on it.   

Quote from: persephone325 on February 13, 2016, 11:30:53 PM
Will this be played over the forum, Miss Elf?

Yes over the forum.   Looking at a posting rate of twice per week.

Quote from: Changingsaint on February 13, 2016, 11:48:59 PM
Also - going with the dark/comedic/b movie twist, idea for the inquisitor is an apprentice monster hunter, maybe someone trained in the arts and sent off to further his own 'education' in doing so without the aid of his order, or perhaps seeking something important to whatever order he's from. I mean, as far as b movie ideas go, I figure monster slayer/hunter is definitely one of those that're a big archetype!

Quote from: Lunar Raven on February 14, 2016, 12:38:48 AM
Just to check a little about the campaign itself; will characters come together working under some representative of the Order of White? (Lady Ash Moonstone for instance) and how much independence is there in coming up with background material for characters?

Would it be correct to assume the primary enemies will be Deadites/Undead or even fiendish foes?

It can be a catalyst that thrusts characters into their class in life.    Other then the mysterious order of the white coven.   No one else knows are planned to defend against the rise of evil dead from the  Necronomicon.   So belonging to another order, might be a order sworn to fight the humanoid hordes in the Grunge or such type.   The primary foes will be  the evil dead i.e.  deadites and infernal creatures.   

In depth backgrounds are welcome as a lot of independence will be allowed.    An yes to speed up the coming together as a party.   The lady Ash Moonstone has contacted you all.   Which either has led you to the vale or perhaps you are from town called the vale.     

Revelation

Gotcha, so more monster hunters rather than undead/deadite/demon hunter as a possibility, then? As I can see him as having trained initially to fight the Grunge as well.

What's religion like in the setting, if its important/a major focus, still?

Muse

Oh!  Me me!  Pcik me!  :) 

And I will play... 
  "All right you primative screwheads, this... Is my boomstick!

Either a gunslinger or a holy gun paladin! 

With a primative arquebus reconstructed from studying the ruins of the more advanced--and utterly unusalbe--firearms of the anchint world. 

Hmmm.... 

What race... 

What race... 

Hee...  What would you think of a Changeling? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

freeko

I could go for this. Do we pitch character ideas off to you ESG?

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Muse on February 14, 2016, 07:22:15 AM
  Oh!  Me me!  Pcik me!  :) 

And I will play... 
  "All right you primative screwheads, this... Is my boomstick!

Either a gunslinger or a holy gun paladin! 

With a primative arquebus reconstructed from studying the ruins of the more advanced--and utterly unusalbe--firearms of the anchint world. 

Hmmm.... 

What race... 

What race... 

Hee...  What would you think of a Changeling?

At puberty, changelings receive “the call,” a hypnotic spiritual voice that beckons them to travel and discover their true origins. Changelings who ignore this call choose their own destiny; those who heed it discover their “mother” and may come into great power by transforming into hags themselves. 

A changeling is fine and may receive the bonus +2 ability score offered.    However,  if ever the character heeds the call it ceases to be a playable character and becomes a NPC as a Hag of what ever type the mother was.   

Quote from: freeko on February 14, 2016, 09:35:31 AM
I could go for this. Do we pitch character ideas off to you ESG?

Yes and welcome.

With freeko and Muse expressing interest,  the open recruitment is closed.   Any other applications will be for a waiting list.   As the current count has reached seven interested.   

Pathfinder

Character sheet (Use pathfinder)

Muse

Yay! :)  I made it in!  *dances* 

Thank you ESG. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

schnookums

Are fuzzybutt kitsunes allowed? (Yes, I know. I have an addiction. )

Lunar Raven

Quote from: schnookums on February 14, 2016, 02:02:45 PM
Are fuzzybutt kitsunes allowed? (Yes, I know. I have an addiction. )
Should be, given as Kitsune's are at about 10-12 RP.

Idea & Request Thread

persephone325

Are we posting sheets here? Or PMing them to you?
I don't know.

Lunar Raven

Going to put aside my original idea for a magus or bloodrager, and go with a elven slayer after plucking this long unused picture from my collection ;D (that, and I couldn't find suitable pictures for the previous two concepts, lol)

Idea & Request Thread

schnookums

I was thinking of Oracle or sorcerer but if allowed I'm heavily leaning towards summoner just to try it out.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: persephone325 on February 14, 2016, 02:18:36 PM
Are we posting sheets here? Or PMing them to you?

Here will be fine,   

Quote from: Lunar Raven on February 14, 2016, 03:17:08 PM
Going to put aside my original idea for a magus or bloodrager, and go with a elven slayer after plucking this long unused picture from my collection ;D (that, and I couldn't find suitable pictures for the previous two concepts, lol)

Like the picture  a lot. 

Quote from: Lunar Raven on February 14, 2016, 02:09:01 PM
Should be, given as Kitsune's are at about 10-12 RP.

Yes a kitsune falls into what is allowed.   I capped it at 15 RP  simply for the reason I am starting the campaign out at 1st level.   

Muse

Lexi

Alan Dale doesn't know who left the year old baby with the beautiful, bright, mismatched eyes outside his camp one night as he was traveling back from the lizard kingdoms, but he was instantly struck with the little foundling.  He named her Lexi and adopted her for his own. 
   Alan was an explorer and an archeologist, determined to reconstruct the mysterious technology of the ancient world.  Lexi never really had a knack for history, but she loved his stories.  She was bold, daring, and crafty, defending their camp from minor monsters by her 13th year.  With her father's guidance, she forged her own sword and her own musket.  The second is a dangerous and unpredictable weapon—still in need of a good deal of perfecting—based on rusted shards of per-cataclysm weapons. 
   On her sixteenth birthday, Lexi struck out on her own.  At first, she was following the songs in her dreams, wondering who the beautiful woman in the wetlands is, and why is she calling to Lexi? 
   The White Witch's call to her for intercession has diverted Lexi from that goal.  The songs still haunt her dreams, but surely they can wait? 
   Lexi is proud of her tight young body and displays it boldly in a mail bikini. 
   She's sometimes considered taking up pipe smoking since leaving her father.  She loves the smell from across the campfire, but doesn’t really enjoy the taste.  Still, she finds a certain intimacy in offering a gentleman a burning brand to light his pipe. 

persephone325

This is what I have so far:

Aurora DeWynter
Dhampir Druid Neutral
HP 8 / 8 Speed ft Init 2
AC 15 Fort 1 Ref 2 Will 5
CMB +1 BAB 0
Fangs +1 (1d3, x2)
Dagger +1 (1d4, 19-20/x2)
Str 12 (1) Dex 15 (2) Con 9 (-1) Wis 16 (3) Int 12 (1) Cha 17 (3)
I don't know.

Muse

I l ike her, Persoephone.  Do you have a picture? 

Do you intend to stick with her primary weapon as a dagger?  :) 

Revelation

About to start working on my sheet & character stuff now. Before I do, are there any sort of religions in the setting? I figured i'd ask since I would need to have something I can base my domains/inquisitions off of for an inquisitor, as they do need a deity/religion for their stuff. If not however, I could just make one up - a short blurb or something about his faith.

Edit: Oh and as soon as I post this I see a blurb saying with GM permission they can be followers of an idea instead of a god. Derp!

persephone325

Quote from: Muse on February 14, 2016, 04:56:15 PM
I l ike her, Persoephone.  Do you have a picture? 

Do you intend to stick with her primary weapon as a dagger?  :) 

It's on the character sheet. I've been trying to find the bigger version.
EDIT: Found it!

She's got a dagger and fangs. Not sure what other weapon(s) would suit her.
I don't know.

Elven Sex Goddess

The Order of the White

Lady Ash Moonstone

Human,  CG  Witch 13th level

Thorim Runestrike

Dwarf,  LG  Magnus 6th level,  Cleric 5th level

Tallis Moonwhisper

Elven  NG  Oracle 6th level /  Wizard 6th level

Gorzum

Aasimar (Minotaur)
CN  Barbarian 16th level

Lady Lustria

Tiefling  CG Sorceress 10th level,   Rogue 2nd level

Revelation

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=718857

Living on the edge of the free lands, safety can sometimes feel like a luxury with the vast expanse held by the denizens of the Grunge. Few take up the vigil to truly pledge their lives in the safety of others, but the Forrest family are one such clan. Having trained every male to fight for the safety of not just the family but others, Michael was no exception. of strong will and devout spirit, what he lacked in the pure fighting efficiency that a warrior had, his zealous inner faith to keep the free lands safe from the brutish tribes. Having recently finished training proper, he has been surprised by a different missive altogether - it would appear his family owes a minor debt to others far within the Kingdoms of Carolina, and it is up to Michael to repay said debt. Whatever it is, Michael stands ready, for he believes it his proper duty to see to the safety of all, and he puts his trust in faith and steel.

---

There, sheet and small history. Might change his image pic - iunno, I get picky about pictures for guys. Anyway, spells aren't done yet, but all of his other sheet stuff is! Hopefully it's alright.

persephone325

What kind of history do we need to write? I'm sorry if I missed it somewhere.
I don't know.

Revelation

I dunno if we actually need to write much if any - I just felt better writing something short and to the point was all!

freeko

Anyone opposed to me falling into my comfort zone of playing my paladin base build here?

One day I swear I will figure out that there are actual classes not named Paladin in Pathfinder.. I think I have a stong candidate for a new years resolution for next year now.. ;p

I should have the character up once I am done posting elsewhere and can put the appropriate level of concentration into making the character.

Revelation

Quote from: freeko on February 14, 2016, 09:13:46 PM
Anyone opposed to me falling into my comfort zone of playing my paladin base build here?

One day I swear I will figure out that there are actual classes not named Paladin in Pathfinder.. I think I have a stong candidate for a new years resolution for next year now.. ;p

I should have the character up once I am done posting elsewhere and can put the appropriate level of concentration into making the character.

Paladin and inquisitor sounds like good road trip buddies to me!

Muse

A paladin in the party?  Hip hip huzzah!!!! :D 

Muse

(By the way, Perspehone.  Is that Bucky fighting Iron Man in your avatar?  When did I miss that?)

Revelation

Quote from: Muse on February 14, 2016, 09:26:02 PM
(By the way, Perspehone.  Is that Bucky fighting Iron Man in your avatar?  When did I miss that?)

It's from the civil war trailer. Gimme a sec and i'll find it for you

Revelation

persephone325

I don't know.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: persephone325 on February 14, 2016, 07:39:38 PM
What kind of history do we need to write? I'm sorry if I missed it somewhere.

The history need only be a brief paragraph.    More importantly a personality.    Both of these can be placed right on the character sheet from myth-weavers.   There is a box for personality.  Just right of description.   

The big box at second to bottom  'Other notes'  can hold the background.    Also the box right below personality 'additional notes can hold sexual preferences and on and off.   

Revelation

Added history and personality to the sheet directly then, wrote up said personality for it.

persephone325

Quote from: Elven Sex Goddess on February 14, 2016, 11:04:38 PM
The history need only be a brief paragraph.    More importantly a personality.    Both of these can be placed right on the character sheet from myth-weavers.   There is a box for personality.  Just right of description.   

The big box at second to bottom  'Other notes'  can hold the background.    Also the box right below personality 'additional notes can hold sexual preferences and on and off.   

Besides those things, is the sheet OK right now?
I don't know.

Cuchulainn

Are there still places left? I was thinking of applying with something like an investigator, might take a while simply because never made a system character before. Aye there any major cities I could use in a back story?

Chulanowa

So, hey, what is the technological level of the world? Like, forearms, technology guide stuff, etc?

Lunar Raven

Galad Shadowsong is more or less stated out.  Need to get some equipment, but first I'll work on the bio and personality sections.

ESG, what do you envision the story to smut ratio will be, and are flaws permitted to be taken?  Thanks!

Guys, feel free to make comments.

Idea & Request Thread

freeko

I don't feel that my character and yours will get along so good. Just a guess though.

In other news, would a fallen paladin be permitted here? It is something that I have wanted to try for some time now.

Revelation

Fallen as in anti-paladin? As iirc those need to be CE, but there's no evil allowed in the game.

freeko

Hmm. I think a fallen paladin is somewhat different than an anti-paladin. I guess with no evil allowed that would not work for an anti-paladin.

I guess it would be a bad idea anyways. Thats what I get for trying to think at 4am lol.

Now here is the problem with me trying to think at high noon. My character gets 2 Talents regularly, and the game calls for 2 extra talents as well giving me 4 talents total to pick from for my character?

Did not want to double post.

Lunar Raven

Quote from: freeko on February 15, 2016, 02:58:50 AM
Now here is the problem with me trying to think at high noon. My character gets 2 Talents regularly, and the game calls for 2 extra talents as well giving me 4 talents total to pick from for my character?
I wouldn't consider that so, as I think ESG means that characters are entitled to 2 starting traits.  Still, that's only my interpretation and would warrant clarification from our GM.  On the other hand, if it really means we start with 4 traits, whoopie!  Shopping time! XD

Edit: Anyone wanting to use the Pathfinder Ultimate Campaign background generator can find it here, with more detailed explanations on how it works here.  It can occasionally produce strange results, but if you're like me, you might find that there's fun to be had at interpreting and explaining it ;D

Idea & Request Thread

schnookums

Im away from my computer so I'll post a character probably Tuesday

Elven Sex Goddess

Smut meter (lowest 1 to 10 highest):  3

I do not envision a lot of smut generated in terms of actual  smut being generated from the npc.   As stated in the  blurb for enticement for recruiting.   I hope to get that feel of dark comedic genre in the fantasy realm like the show Ash vs the evil dead.    So most smut will be  like a bodyless head calling on the guys to skull fuck it or I give good head.  i.e  from the show.   

Now as far as smut among the party that is all up to you.   Have as much as you like or as little as want.   So I am thinking bondage system group or perhaps  NC system group.

The Order of the White  will really not be involved other then being npc's  that will stir the group at significant intervals.   Showing up at various points to do such with Lady Ash Moonstone being the first one the group meets. 

I will be looking over characters tonight.    So will be getting back with you all on them. 

Elven Sex Goddess

Flaws can be taken and  I will cap the flaws taken at 2.   

Technology level will be basic in terms of  with firearms.    The world had digressed and just now in the past hundred years have the races again discovered gunpowder.   

Ok think I have covered everything.   

freeko

You missed my question about the 2 talents. My human paladin shenanigans starts with 2 talents and it is written in the opening post that we get +2 talents.

Does that mean I start with 4 talents to pick?

Elven Sex Goddess

Lunar Raven  on character sheet where is the ability stats.    Also  a bit confused on the skills with the +1   should be higher even if don't have a bonus in ability stat a train skill is at  4 at level 1     Also need personality and brief background.   

persephone325  sheet looks good so far.    Need personality and brief bio added.

Changingsaint   Looks good,  thou and this goes for everyone.   Put traits in trait box and flaws in flaw box if have them. 

Muse concept looks good just waiting on sheet

cuchulainn  I suggest your initial  idea of a investigator.   So  a Rogue Investigator would be beneficial to the group.   

An if anyone wants to help cuchulainn as he is new to pathfinder system in creating the character will be greatly appreciated.   

Freeko  paladin sounds good and fits nicely  looking forward to seeing sheet.    No  it is you get two free traits not talents.   To answer your question.   

Revelation

I've put my traits in the section of the sheet, I also don't mind offering some help to a new player!

freeko

Quote from: Elven Sex Goddess on February 15, 2016, 06:59:17 PM

Freeko  paladin sounds good and fits nicely  looking forward to seeing sheet.    No  it is you get two free traits not talents.   To answer your question.

Blargh! I still get 2 traits to start, I got the stupid words backward.. yay autism.. Does that mean I get 2 more for 4 total?

Lunar Raven

Quote from: Elven Sex Goddess on February 15, 2016, 06:59:17 PM
Lunar Raven  on character sheet where is the ability stats.    Also  a bit confused on the skills with the +1   should be higher even if don't have a bonus in ability stat a train skill is at  4 at level 1     Also need personality and brief background.
The ability stats (or scores?) are under the section for Character Info.  Points spent on ability scores and their modifiers are under Other Info.  The skills with the +1, under other info is just how many ranks have been placed into a particular skill; the fully modified totals are the skills under the Character Info section.  I was waiting for info about flaws (now answered) before working on his background and personality, which will now be up shortly.

Idea & Request Thread

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: freeko on February 15, 2016, 07:12:33 PM
Blargh! I still get 2 traits to start, I got the stupid words backward.. yay autism.. Does that mean I get 2 more for 4 total?

No it is just I gotten in the habit to say that one gets the two free traits.   As there have been a lot of games that DM don't use the traits.  So its only two. 

Muse

E.S.G., the word Lexi should link to my sheet.  :)

Lexi

Alan Dale doesn't know who left the year old baby with the beautiful, bright, mismatched eyes outside his camp one night as he was traveling back from the lizard kingdoms, but he was instantly struck with the little foundling.  He named her Lexi and adopted her for his own. 
   Alan was an explorer and an archeologist, determined to reconstruct the mysterious technology of the ancient world.  Lexi never really had a knack for history, but she loved his stories.  She was bold, daring, and crafty, defending their camp from minor monsters by her 13th year.  With her father's guidance, she forged her own sword and her own musket.  The second is a dangerous and unpredictable weapon—still in need of a good deal of perfecting—based on rusted shards of per-cataclysm weapons. 
   On her sixteenth birthday, Lexi struck out on her own.  At first, she was following the songs in her dreams, wondering who the beautiful woman in the wetlands is, and why is she calling to Lexi? 
   The White Witch's call to her for intercession has diverted Lexi from that goal.  The songs still haunt her dreams, but surely they can wait? 
   Lexi is proud of her tight young body and displays it boldly in a mail bikini. 
   She's sometimes considered taking up pipe smoking since leaving her father.  She loves the smell from across the campfire, but doesn’t really enjoy the taste.  Still, she finds a certain intimacy in offering a gentleman a burning brand to light his pipe.

Chulanowa

Kay, still bouncing characters around in my head, leaning towards a heavy melee or arcane / occult character  ;D

Revelation

For now it seems we have a bevy of melee characters, but a more caster oriented character seems a good slot to fill. But play what you like!

persephone325

I don't know.

Revelation

Quote from: persephone325 on February 15, 2016, 10:04:05 PM
I'm playing a caster character.

Right, but its 1 caster compared to 3some meleeish characters, is what I meant

persephone325

Quote from: Changingsaint on February 15, 2016, 10:07:55 PM
Right, but its 1 caster compared to 3some meleeish characters, is what I meant

I honestly wasn't paying attention to everyone else's characters... >.<
I don't know.

Chulanowa

Well, thus far we got...

Gunslinger
Slayer
Druid
Paladin
Inquisitor

Revelation

Quote from: Chulanowa on February 15, 2016, 10:22:32 PM
Well, thus far we got...

Gunslinger
Slayer
Druid
Paladin
Inquisitor

Right, and imma assume our pally is melee focused, I could be wrong. Either way, that's 3 probably melee oriented characters, which means a 4th person might feel either redundant or stacking the group in a specific way. Of course, I'm not trying to make anyone play anything they don't prefer to! Just observing.

Muse

THat's actualy a pleasent dirth of divine.  :)  Maybe a wizard type would be good to have?  :) 

Chulanowa

I'm eyeballing an arcane hybrid (Bloodrager or Skald) or Occult currently. I think the Wizard I've got in your game is enough for m, Muse  :-)

Lunar Raven

If I have some spare time, I might draft up an arcanist, or write up an alternate magus version of the slayer, just in case the need for one is urgent, though I usually prefer melee types,  ;D

Idea & Request Thread

Revelation

Quote from: Lunar Raven on February 15, 2016, 11:04:04 PM
If I have some spare time, I might draft up an arcanist, or write up an alternate magus version of the slayer, just in case the need for one is urgent, though I usually prefer melee types,  ;D

Magus can do both decently, right? Of course I wouldn't count on one bringing as much pure arcane power as a wizard/sorcerer/etc. Same wa I wouldn't think an inquisitor to replace an occultist/cleric.

Either way, I wanted to try something a bit different, so for me, inquisitor seemed fun. I like divine melee hybrids, soooo they're right up  my alley.

Lunar Raven

Quote from: Changingsaint on February 15, 2016, 11:07:46 PMMagus can do both decently, right? Of course I wouldn't count on one bringing as much pure arcane power as a wizard/sorcerer/etc. Same wa I wouldn't think an inquisitor to replace an occultist/cleric.
Not perfectly though.  It depends on priorities.  If you want more a pure blend of arcane and melee, you have to go with the Eldritch Knight prestige class, but at loss of some of the magus' nifty features (one plus side, you can attain as high as 8th level spells).  The magus is diluted, but allows for some interesting options in close-quarters - it's only really viable when there's at least another strong martial character around, or if the character in question has truly prodigious ability scores.

Quote from: Changingsaint on February 15, 2016, 11:07:46 PMEither way, I wanted to try something a bit different, so for me, inquisitor seemed fun. I like divine melee hybrids, soooo they're right up  my alley.
Warpriest also comes to mind for a divine/melee hybrid. ;D

Idea & Request Thread

Revelation

Quote from: Lunar Raven on February 15, 2016, 11:16:58 PM
Not perfectly though.  It depends on priorities.  If you want more a pure blend of arcane and melee, you have to go with the Eldritch Knight prestige class, but at loss of some of the magus' nifty features (one plus side, you can attain as high as 8th level spells).  The magus is diluted, but allows for some interesting options in close-quarters - it's only really viable when there's at least another strong martial character around, or if the character in question has truly prodigious ability scores.
Warpriest also comes to mind for a divine/melee hybrid. ;D

Right, I did not mean I would count them as full casters, but more they are hybrids - not quite the same as an eldritch knight, but they do bring a particular blend of stabbity magic to the game.

Warpriests are okay, but I much prefer inquisitors, as they are combat/casty with a hint of skill focus in them as well.

freeko

Quote from: Changingsaint on February 15, 2016, 10:31:43 PM
Right, and imma assume our pally is melee focused, I could be wrong. Either way, that's 3 probably melee oriented characters, which means a 4th person might feel either redundant or stacking the group in a specific way. Of course, I'm not trying to make anyone play anything they don't prefer to! Just observing.

I play more of a tank than damage dealer. Just so you dont think I am something that I am not. I do not do much damage inside of combat.

I also do not care for being "lawful stupid" as it were. Its more of a dont get in my way and i leave you alone kinda thing.

Lunar Raven

I believe Galad Shadowsong is complete, stat-wise, background and personality.  Everything on his sheet.

If anyone wants to connect backgrounds, I'm all ears  ;D

Idea & Request Thread

Chulanowa

Quote from: freeko on February 16, 2016, 02:39:08 AM
I play more of a tank than damage dealer. Just so you dont think I am something that I am not. I do not do much damage inside of combat.

Well, that cinches it; melee damage character it is, then!  ;D

Just gotta decide...

Dwarf Skald?

Tiefling Bloodrager?

Ratfolk Barbarian?

Muse

THsoe are cute, chula! 

The tiefling is especialy sexy! 

freeko

Stuff
HP: 13/13 | AC: 20 T: 13, FF: 17
Init: +4 | Speed: 20' | Melee: +2 | Ranged: +3
CMD: 15 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +2 | Will: +0
Smite Evil: 1/1

I will have the sheet up soon, just gotta port it from my creator to mythwhatevers.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=719369

Lunar Raven

Quote from: Chulanowa on February 16, 2016, 08:17:11 AM
Well, that cinches it; melee damage character it is, then!  ;D

Just gotta decide...

Dwarf Skald?

Tiefling Bloodrager?

Ratfolk Barbarian?
Seconding Muse on the Tiefling, but then... it's pretty rare to see female dwarves as well... as for the rat-folk (click-save), I just can't resist - can that tail go all the way up? ;D

Still, all of them do have advantages class-wise, so I can say I'm interested to see any one of them.

Idea & Request Thread

Muse

Chulanowa

Quote from: Lunar Raven on February 17, 2016, 01:06:38 AM
Seconding Muse on the Tiefling, but then... it's pretty rare to see female dwarves as well... as for the rat-folk (click-save), I just can't resist - can that tail go all the way up? ;D

Still, all of them do have advantages class-wise, so I can say I'm interested to see any one of them.

Well, since you asked...

Gotta love ECmajor   ;D

I'mma be flipping back and forth on the rat and the tiefling, looks like. Depends on what flavor of brütal I want to have.

freeko

Not that it matters since I doubt it is a popularity contest, I would rather see the Tiefling myself.

Lunar Raven

Okay, Galad in his Magus build is just about ready.  Personality-wise, he's still the same, but his background and appearance (no longer endowed as he was with Arnie-style maascle! ;D) gets some changes.

I'll stick both of them up as soon as they're complete and our GM can choose which she feels will better suit the campaign and needs of the group.

Idea & Request Thread

Elven Sex Goddess

Ok for those wanting me to choose, well it will not happen.   Party balance is nice to have.   But if we don't get it,  I can work around it.  I found forcing people to not play their first choice that they do not stay invested.

As far as personal choice I like the ratfolk, something unique.   The Dwarf gal be also another good choice as tieflings seem to be over done.   

Anyways go with what you want,   go with the one that you really have a feel for.   

The same for you lunar raven go for what you want to play.   either one will be fine.   So choose the one that you feel the most kinship to play.   

Also think about what the campaign is going to be.   How it fits,  sometimes choosing the wrong theme of a background and how you see the character. 

Lunar Raven

Quote from: Elven Sex Goddess on February 17, 2016, 09:37:14 PMThe same for you lunar raven go for what you want to play.   either one will be fine.   So choose the one that you feel the most kinship to play.
Noted  :-)  Both the Stalker and Magus are classes I've wanted to play, so I'll just have to make up my mind between the two of them.  I suspect the type of background I can come up with will largely be the deciding factor (in as much as what sort of RP potential it gives) as to who I choose.

Quote from: Chulanowa on February 17, 2016, 04:01:05 AM
Well, since you asked...

Gotta love ECmajor   ;D

I'mma be flipping back and forth on the rat and the tiefling, looks like. Depends on what flavor of brütal I want to have.
Now that I've seen that, I'm definitely rooting for the ratfolk, lol.  Ah, the days of Gadget and Chi-Chi-Chi-Chip and Dale: Rescue Rangers!

I don't know if the classes you've assigned are unique to the race, but I wouldn't mind seeing the Bloodrager or Skald applied to the Skaven Ratfolk character.

Idea & Request Thread

persephone325

I'll finish up what I need to some time this weekend. I've been pet-sitting for my cousin, and his dogs are...Well, they can be high-strung. And they're wearing me out. lol
I don't know.

Muse

persephone325

What kind of history do I need? Anything related to the premise of the game?
I don't know.

Lunar Raven

Made the decision to run along with the Slayer version, given as seem to be coming up dry on background ideas for the Magus.  Going to readjust the background a little to make him more Evil Dead material and he'll more or less be ready.  ETA... 4 to 6 hours.

Idea & Request Thread

freeko

Elven Sex Goddess

History does not need to be a short story.    A simple brief background of a paragraph is fine.   IF so incline can be more with perhaps a significant event one has in mind to add color and flavor to the character.    Other then that,  personality is more important of the character.

The characters so far are looking good.   I think in a week we will get the campaign started.    That should give everyone plenty of time to finish fleshing out their characters.     

Chulanowa

Quote from: Elven Sex Goddess on February 21, 2016, 12:35:14 PM
History does not need to be a short story.    A simple brief background of a paragraph is fine.   IF so incline can be more with perhaps a significant event one has in mind to add color and flavor to the character.    Other then that,  personality is more important of the character.

The characters so far are looking good.   I think in a week we will get the campaign started.    That should give everyone plenty of time to finish fleshing out their characters.   

Oh good, a week. My ideas aren't coming togetehr the way I would have liked  :-[ More time is good!

Phaia

I am intertested in this is there room ? If so what classes are already claimed or not claimed?

Phaia

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Phaia on February 22, 2016, 08:12:06 AM
I am intertested in this is there room ? If so what classes are already claimed or not claimed?

Phaia

Welcome Phaia,  really do not have a rogue type character in the group.   However, pick what you want to play.   Is what I suggest and encourage.   

Phaia

Hopefully will have my rogue done tonight!!

Phaia

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Chulanowa

Quote from: Phaia on February 24, 2016, 05:39:29 PM

Phaia

Knifeception!

Also, ugh, deciding in a character is a total PITA. They're like pokémon, I wanna play 'em all.

Lunar Raven

Quote from: Phaia on February 24, 2016, 05:39:29 PM

Phaia

She looks awesome - and a rogue can never have too many knives! ;D

Quote from: Chulanowa on February 24, 2016, 08:05:02 PM
Knifeception!

Also, ugh, deciding in a character is a total PITA. They're like pokémon, I wanna play 'em all.
Often have the same problem, lol.  So I list them out and let the dice tell me which one... and if I find myself wanting to make a re-roll, I now know to remove the result since it's not the one I really want to play.  Either way, eventually I'm left with only one ::)

Idea & Request Thread

Laughing Hyena

Hello folks. I may be late to finding this but I have interest in this AND if the room is full, if someone drops I would like to be notified as a substitution.

persephone325

I'm having a hell of a time trying to come up with a history... >.> I pretty much have everything else done.
I don't know.

freeko

Hah, I thought I was the only one. Now I almost feel better knowing that I am not the only one.

Still doesnt really help much for making my backstory.. but at least I know my misery has company, lol.

Muse

Maybe I can help you both.  Want to bounce some ideas on me?  Either here, in PMs, or over skype text? 

Elven Sex Goddess

OOC game threads are up.

Pathfinder; Evil Dead OOC Character roster

Pathfinder; Evil Dead OOC menage of banter

We can take the ooc talk to the in game ooc thread.   

Muse, Luner Raven,   freeko,   Changingsaint and    persephone325  can all place your characters in roster thread

Phia,  Chulanowa and Laughing Hyena  a deadline of Monday night is now in place as I hope to start the in character thread on Tuesday.   

Finally I know that I had considered putting the game in bondage or NC,  however with it being the Evil Dead and through not much in smut perspective from NPC generated.   The gore that can be descriptive, I decided that perhaps extreme was best.   

Phaia

Unfortunily I am not going to be able to commit to this.

Good luck and have fun

Phaia