Roaring 20ies/Speakeasy/Gangster & Crime Stories [Open to all]

Started by Nico, April 29, 2015, 09:31:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Caehlim on April 30, 2015, 02:54:41 AM
Wow, things are developing quickly. I've got an idea in mind for a man to launder some of the criminal money floating around in this scenario.

He's a supposedly legitimate businessman who runs an investment firm, however after hitting hard times and almost going broke he's continued running his company by turning it into a Ponzi Scheme. He helps keep the whole thing running by using it hide the illegal profits of criminal organizations, allowing them to claim that they made the money investing it in his company.

Now he's desperately trying to stay on top of a shaky set of finances and baked books, but on paper he looks like one of the wealthiest businessmen in the city. He's able to pay off his old investors with his new ones, giving them fantastic rewards and so everyone wants to invest in his company... for now. Secretly he's just planning for the right moment to run off to some nice foreign country with no extradition treaties, he just needs to make a little bit more money first.

Caeh, darling! *pouncecuddles* I'm excited you're joining. :D
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Rel Mayer

Bloodied Porcelain

I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

Crash

Quote from: SlipperySue on April 30, 2015, 06:58:58 AM
Not sure if Crash's image is that of Louise Brooks but if not I claim her for my character.  A dancer by the name of Roxy O'Rourke, less flattering known as Roxy the Doxy because of her occasional bouts of prostitution.  A gal's got a pay her bills.

Nope Louise was born way before the model I picked. ;)

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on April 30, 2015, 08:24:00 AM
*tacklelove*

* Rel Mayer beams!!

Yep! I'm totally in! I want to throw in a faceclaim on Patrica Fieldwalker. In particular these images (unless someone has already claimed them).

Nico

Quote from: Rel Mayer on April 30, 2015, 09:54:34 AM
* Rel Mayer beams!!

Yep! I'm totally in! I want to throw in a faceclaim on Patrica Fieldwalker. In particular these images (unless someone has already claimed them).

~thumbs up~ Very beautiful! And nope, she's not been claimed before. :-)

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

wander

Madame Professor

The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

CurvyKitten

MaverickKane

Quote from: CurvyKitten on April 30, 2015, 12:05:15 PM
Tossing in a possible maybe pending a solid concept. :)

Hello Curykitten. Of course you welcome. We are working on things as we speak.

la dame en noir

Ugh! Everyone is having an easy time finding photos except for me! D: lol
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

CurvyKitten

Quote from: MaverickKane on April 30, 2015, 12:19:16 PM
Hello Curykitten. Of course you welcome. We are working on things as we speak.

Smiles and hugs~ Thanks hun, can't help it with all the interesting concepts you both come up with hehe.

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: la dame en noir on April 30, 2015, 12:23:35 PM
Ugh! Everyone is having an easy time finding photos except for me! D: lol

Is there anything specific you're looking for, hun? I'd be happy to help. :)

Nico

Announcement

I've edited the first post of this thread. Yep - we actually have a name for the Group now. Thank you, Kane, for the awesome Banner!  :-*

We have decided on New York City (mostly because the Nic knows a lot more about New York than he knows about Chicago and I am not up for a geography lesson. ~laughs~)

Links will be added to the first post as we get to it/finish it.

Stay tuned!

Juggtacular

Nico

Madame Professor

Quote from: Juggtacular on April 30, 2015, 12:46:03 PM
In front of our radios and 3 channel, black and white, 14' tv's?

-giggles-

Also, yay! Jugg, it makes me so happy the dancing Gir is back!
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Juggtacular

Crash

Madame Professor

Quote from: Juggtacular on April 30, 2015, 12:53:18 PM
I WANT TACO'S!!!  :P

I can't find my mouth! ;D

Quote from: Crash on April 30, 2015, 01:11:44 PM
Ooooo more Madame!

Yay Crash!

I'm loving this idea, but trying to settle on one character idea is haaaaaaaaaard! T_T

Crash

Yeah I was originally thinking torch song singer but I am leaning towards rich decadent dilettante.

Madame Professor

Ooo, that will fun!

I'm thinking of maybe a Poker Hustler... and maybe a tad of a cheat.  ::)

bubby

O_O

WHAT IS THIIIISSSSS??!!!

*Shakes fist at Nic*

Damn you man!! Has anyone faceclaimed Dita Von Teese yet??