Recip E!s with Despickable & Xandi

Started by Autumn52, July 15, 2010, 10:38:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

despickable

Thanks folks all looks yummy keep them comng and please anyone who tries these out give us a review of them here
An Aussie staple here the Lamington

• Ingredients

• 125g butter, softened
    • 1 cup caster sugar
    • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
    • 3 eggs
    • 1 3/4 cups self-raising flour, sifted
    • 1/2 cup milk
    • 2 cups desiccated coconut
    Icing

• 3 1/2 cups icing sugar mixture
    • 1/4 cup cocoa powder
    • 1 tablespoon butter, softened
    • 1/2 cup boiling waterMethod

•   Step 1   Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease a 3cm-deep, 20cm x 30cm (base) lamington pan. Line with baking paper, leaving a 2cm overhang on all sides. Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition (mixture may curdle). 
    •   Step 2   Sift half the flour over butter mixture. Stir to combine. Add half the milk. Stir to combine. Repeat with remaining flour and milk. Spoon into prepared pan. Smooth top. Bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in centre comes out clean. Stand in pan for 10 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack. Cover with a clean tea towel. Set aside overnight.
    Some add jam inside or cream and some just have as is either way a great staple treat at any school fete or special occassion here in Australia

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133839.0]
[/url][/url]Despickable's Ons and Offs

Amaris

Mexican Manicotti

*There are lots of different ways to make them. This is just how we've made them since I was small.

Ingredients:
1lb Ground Beef
1 packet taco seasoning
1 package of Manicotti Shells
1 can of refried beans
1 jar of salsa
1 grated cheese, whichever kind you like

Instructions are pretty simple. Heat the oven to 350 to prepare for when you bake it. Put water on to boil and begin cooking manicotti shells. Brown the beef, add in the refried beans and the taco seasoning. There can be a lot more added in here (onion, garlic, veggies) but this is the simple version. Once all mixed in and hot, you will stuff the cooked manicotti shells with your meat and bean mixture. Place them inside a baking pan or cake pan. Once they are all filled, if you still have some of the meat and beans left you can kind of spread it along the top. Take the salsa and pour it along the top and sprinkle as much cheese as you desire on the top as well. Bake until the cheese is melted!

It will end up looking something like this:

Autumn52

Quote from: Amaris on June 20, 2019, 10:44:47 AM
Mexican Manicotti

*There are lots of different ways to make them. This is just how we've made them since I was small.

Ingredients:
1lb Ground Beef
1 packet taco seasoning
1 package of Manicotti Shells
1 can of refried beans
1 jar of salsa
1 grated cheese, whichever kind you like

Instructions are pretty simple. Heat the oven to 350 to prepare for when you bake it. Put water on to boil and begin cooking manicotti shells. Brown the beef, add in the refried beans and the taco seasoning. There can be a lot more added in here (onion, garlic, veggies) but this is the simple version. Once all mixed in and hot, you will stuff the cooked manicotti shells with your meat and bean mixture. Place them inside a baking pan or cake pan. Once they are all filled, if you still have some of the meat and beans left you can kind of spread it along the top. Take the salsa and pour it along the top and sprinkle as much cheese as you desire on the top as well. Bake until the cheese is melted!

It will end up looking something like this:

Yummy! I will try this soon. Thank you for the recipe. I am trying to be low carb, but I have some zucchini that I can stuff with the mix and I think it would come out pretty good. I can't wait to try it.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Amaris

Thank you. You can add like green peppers, onion, garlic and such into the meat. Also if you like olives, tossing some on top is pretty good :)