My First Year At Beacon Academy - [RWBY Game, Interest Check]

Started by MissFire, November 02, 2015, 01:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kokaine

While I really want to play in a RWBY game eventually, I think I am going to have to pass on this opportunity. Best of luck with the game though :)
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Tackyhillbilly

So, we have our White Speedster, our Blue... something, hard to categorize, and a Green Tank. Will we be going when we hit four, or waiting for 8?

Zeta

Name: Aurelie Arturo (lit. "Golden Bear")
Sex: Female
Orientation: Straight...ish? 
Height: 5'5"
Weight: Average

Personality: Aurelie is the one who will push the red button, adorned with DO NOT TOUCH signs, just to see what it will do.  Curious to a fault, she takes in information as if it were air.  As such, she often gets into trouble when she tries something or asks something that might be otherwise considered a no-no.  Seemingly aloof, she occasionally forgets that others exist, particularly if she's hyper-focused on toying with something, though she means well.  She enjoys being helpful, especially if it means trying something new.

Background: Born in the kingdom of Vale to a history professor and a bookshop owner, Aurelie would never have guessed that she would have any interest in becoming a Huntress.  Grimm were always hardly more than a fairy tale to her - until she wandered into the woods one day and chanced upon three very hungry Ursa.  Aurelie, hardly more than 10-years at the time, would have torn to shreds had she not been rescued by a band of Hunters.  From that day forward, the girl became obsessed, focusing all her attention on studying the Grimm, weapon-smithing, and the history of Remnant itself.  Despite a few rough patches, broken bones, and minor explosions, Aurelie made it through Signal with flying colors, handily passing the exam into Beacon, where the real fun was about to begin.

Combat Style:  Aurelie's preferred weapon of choice is a set of folding fans with a partly razor frame and mounted with a durable lightweight polymer, used just as well for offense as they are for defense.  When collapsed, each fan becomes either a baton for close range attacks or a long-barrel pistol that utilizes Dust for elemental attacks.  Fully expanded and locked together, the fans can be used as a shield, or in a final attack, they can be lobbed at an enemy like a razor-tipped discus.  Coupled with Aurelie's martial style, a mixture of Tai Chi and Southern Mantis, her deceptive innocence and vulnerability lure enemies into close-range combat, where she is most comfortable.

Semblance: Molecular Acceleration - by focusing on an object, Aurelie can increase the kinetic molecular energy of an object and cause it to combust.  So far, it appears to be limited to inorganic objects only (metals, plastics - no flora or fauna).  The object must be within a 15 meter radius.  Additionally, she has never succeeded in manipulating anything larger than a microwave (it's a long story), though with practice it could possibly improve.  Unsurprisingly, the damage of the blast is proportional, not to the size or mass or the object, necessarily, but the density.  The more tightly packed, the greater the relative blast. 
O/O1x1 | A&A

Sessha

I think I'll throw my hat in for this one yes. I have a few character ideas I can toss out.
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

MissFire

Quote from: Tackyhillbilly on November 05, 2015, 01:50:21 AM
So, we have our White Speedster, our Blue... something, hard to categorize, and a Green Tank. Will we be going when we hit four, or waiting for 8?

I'm going to start at four, but if we can get eight that would be pretty awesome.
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

MissFire

Quote from: Zeta on November 05, 2015, 08:30:53 AM
Name: Aurelie Arturo (lit. "Golden Bear")
Orientation: Straight...ish? 
Height: 5'5"
Weight: Average

Personality: Aurelie is the one who will push the red button, adorned with DO NOT TOUCH signs, just to see what it will do.  Curious to a fault, she takes in information as if it were air.  As such, she often gets into trouble when she tries something or asks something that might be otherwise considered a no-no.  Seemingly aloof, she occasionally forgets that others exist, particularly if she's hyper-focused on toying with something, though she means well.  She enjoys being helpful, especially if it means trying something new.

Background: Born in the kingdom of Vale to a history professor and a bookshop owner, Aurelie would never have guessed that she would have any interest in becoming a Huntress.  Grimm were always hardly more than a fairy tale to her - until she wandered into the woods one day and chanced upon three very hungry Ursa.  Aurelie, hardly more than 10-years at the time, would have torn to shreds had she not been rescued by a band of Hunters.  From that day forward, the girl became obsessed, focusing all her attention on studying the Grimm, weapon-smithing, and the history of Remnant itself.  Despite a few rough patches, broken bones, and minor explosions, Aurelie made it through Signal with flying colors, handily passing the exam into Beacon, where the real fun was about to begin.

Combat Style:  Aurelie's preferred weapon of choice is a set of folding fans with a partly razor frame and mounted with a durable lightweight polymer, used just as well for offense as they are for defense.  When collapsed, each fan becomes either a baton for close range attacks or a long-barrel pistol that utilizes Dust for elemental attacks.  Fully expanded and locked together, the fans can be used as a shield, or in a final attack, they can be lobbed at an enemy like a razor-tipped discus.  Coupled with Aurelie's martial style, a mixture of Tai Chi and Southern Mantis, her deceptive innocence and vulnerability lure enemies into close-range combat, where she is most comfortable.

Semblance: Molecular Acceleration - by focusing on an object, Aurelie can increase the kinetic molecular energy of an object and cause it to combust.  So far, it appears to be limited to inorganic objects only (metals, plastics - no flora or fauna).  The object must be within a 15 meter radius.  Additionally, she has never succeeded in manipulating anything larger than a microwave (it's a long story), though with practice it could possibly improve.  Unsurprisingly, the damage of the blast is proportional, not to the size or mass or the object, necessarily, but the density.  The more tightly packed, the greater the relative blast.

Also, totally approved.
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Zeta

Woooooo!!!

Although, I just realized that we'd probably be team COAL...  :-\
O/O1x1 | A&A

Tackyhillbilly

Is team COAL a go, mighty and wise GM? Also, are we starting with the Initiation? So should we divide ourselves further into pairs?

Winds Of Lust

Oh dear lord I am all in on this. Just need to decided which of my characters I'd like to roll up for this one..

EDIT
GAH SO MANY LADIES ALREADY! Most of my go-to ready-to-play OCs for rwby are ladies  TT_TT

But we defiantly need additional dong in the game as of the moment. I'll see if I can easily gender-bend one of my girls or come up with a new one.

Niki315

I am interested in a RWBY game as well. Hopefully there's still room for another lady student.

MissFire

If you want to play female, go for it. We're not shooting for any kind of male-to-female ratio or anything.

And yes, team COAL is a go! I will put the topics up tomorrow. We'll be starting with Initiation. Recruitment isn't closed, though! If we can form a second team that would be even better!
    - Sima Yi

Tackyhillbilly

So, Miss, Zeta, Wolfy? Which of you wants to get stuck with the lone male on the team as their partner.

MissFire

Probably more a case of who's going to have to put up with Lark!
    - Sima Yi

Zeta

Luck of the draw, isn't it?  Or I guess, the fall through the forest. 

Though, if I recall correctly, Wolfy kinda called dibs on Lark, no?

Quote from: Wolfy on November 03, 2015, 07:20:42 PM
So I must know when we get Team Assignments. ;3

Combo attack Dragon Punch! (Celeste x Lark)

xD

Looks like it's you and me, Tacky  ;D
O/O1x1 | A&A

Tackyhillbilly

Well, yes it is luck of the draw. But it kind of makes sense to just decide before hand. And I have no objections to being Aurelia's partner. Though I have to say, our color palette is a bit gross. Red and White/Yellow and Black are both stylish. Green and Yellow not so much. Blue and White is nice though. Anyways, so the Fan Lady with Gambit powers, and Halberd and Shield with Wolverine's Healing Factor. That should be an interesting combo.

Winds Of Lust

Quote from: MissFire on November 05, 2015, 02:26:16 PM
If you want to play female, go for it. We're not shooting for any kind of male-to-female ratio or anything.

I figured but still, there is a troublesome lack of male options for those interested in having them in the line up as is. Not that is truly a issue given the amount of bi-types we have running around but It bothers me on a level of;well what if someone else wants dong there is only one to go around!

Hmmmm, How about instead of full on gender-bending one of my characters I make them a spotted-hyena Faunis that in addition to having ears or tail or both, they have the other trait that makes the female of the spotted hyena so interesting. A impressive faux-phallus. That way I don't have to make major alterations to my characters, and we have an extra member to be available to those who are interested?

MissFire

It's not my thing, personally, but if the others are go for it then sure.
    - Sima Yi

Angie

I'm going to be pulling out of this game. Best of luck to all involved.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Wolfy

Celeste and Lark if you like for initiation.

Though if it's team Coal....does that mean that the leader is Celeste? xD

Zeta

Quote from: Tackyhillbilly on November 05, 2015, 03:01:24 PM
Well, yes it is luck of the draw. But it kind of makes sense to just decide before hand. And I have no objections to being Aurelia's partner. Though I have to say, our color palette is a bit gross. Red and White/Yellow and Black are both stylish. Green and Yellow not so much. Blue and White is nice though. Anyways, so the Fan Lady with Gambit powers, and Halberd and Shield with Wolverine's Healing Factor. That should be an interesting combo.

Hey,  man.  Green and gold.  We are going to be tres magnifique.

And,  I mean,  of course - the Tank and the Rogue.  Nothing could possibly go wrong.
O/O1x1 | A&A

Winds Of Lust

Name: Suleta Blueskys ('to fly around' Blueskys)
Orientation: Pan
Height: 5'4''
Weight: A mix of thin and athletic. Sort of dancer-esq in build

Personality: Miss Blueskys has a very...aggressive personality. On the one side she has a great deal of energy and passion. She cares deeply for the things and people she find important even if she doesn't always express this in a delicate manner. She rarely approaches any task with anything less than her best possible effort. On the other she has a bit of a chip on her shoulder and a short temper. If pushed the right way she is quick to fight, verbally or physically. She is unlikely to back down until her flash of temper passes and the blood leaves her head and lets her look at a situation objectively. No one would ever accuse her of being a pushovers, that's for sure. But At the end of the day she means well and if you get on her good side you'll have trouble finding a more fiercely loyal friend. A surprising type of personality in one who tends to prefer to dress in up overly frilly outfits, but perhaps she is simply trying to compensate for her less lady like personality.

Background: Suleta grew up on the Vacuo side of the Vacuo/Vale. Life there is a intense one. It is frontier country, very under developed compared to the large cities of central lands of kingdoms. Harsh living conditions, and full of bandits and grim. Living there is dangerous but its necessary for the development of such lands and some rare resources are also only available in such areas. Here hunters and huntresses are necessary for the survival of the populous, protecting the civilians brave enough to live in this dangerous area. They are probably seen as heroes here more than anywhere else. Her mother, a Spotted-hyena faunus like herself, was a worker and a native to the Vacuo. her father was a Hunter from Vale who took up work in the area. She grew up seeing the important work her mother and father did and was inspired to do something meaningful with her life as well. Especially after her father died in a vicious battle with grim, stalling the beasts long enough for a civilian supply caravan escape danger. It was then she decided she'd walk in his footsteps, so far as to even go to battle school in Vale.  She is in regular written correspondence with her mother, who still works in the bad-lands.

Combat Style: Suleta lives in the mid to close range combat, and thrives when she can move in and out of that range freely. She is swift, brutal, and accurate. She likes to control the pace of a fight if possible, engaging foes on her terms as much as she can using extremely swift, agile movements to stay out of danger and keep her foes on their toes.  Her semblance allows her to further capitalize on this by letting her move to and attack from unpredictable angles and places.

Her weapons are a twin pair of tomahawks, good close range weapons that allow her to maximize her mobility and excellent for hacking, striking and hooking. They can transform into a pair of .50 caliber magnum revolvers, hand guns of seemingly ludicrous size and power for the girl, but she wields them with excellent skill at mid range, her quick draw is exceptionally impressive. They are named Huginn and Muninn respectively.

Semblance: 'Pull' Suleta has the ability to selectively effect the direction and intensity of her personal gravity. She can use this ability to adjust her while in the air momentum/direction and stick to various surfaces in defiance of traditional gravity.

Other: Unlike the given picture of my character, her ears would more rounded, golden in color with black spots. Her tail would be more slender and straight with the same sort of coloration as her ears.

As a spotted hyena faunus she has some of the traits unique to a female spotted Hyena. Specifically very high levels of testosterone for girl...like WAY high. It is likely the source of her naturally aggressive nature as well as the source of her focus on wearing girly outfits to compensate for it.

As she approaches total mastery of her semblance she will be able to manipulate the relative gravity of objects she touches. Allowing her to make heavy loads temporally lighter or an opponents weapon unbearably heavy. 

Theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGE1GYBnQ9w

Winds Of Lust

If no one is interested in Suleta having extra equipment, I can edit that bit out of her profile.

Zeta

Futa (or I guess, pseudo-futa) aren't really my jam, but feel free to leave it if that's what you're into.

Also, is her nickname Tuuwa/Tu?
O/O1x1 | A&A

Tackyhillbilly

I'm with Missfire and Zeta. It doesn't bother me, but it isn't my jam either.

Winds Of Lust

Quote from: Zeta on November 05, 2015, 04:50:11 PM
Futa (or I guess, pseudo-futa) aren't really my jam, but feel free to leave it if that's what you're into.

Also, is her nickname Tuuwa/Tu?

Derp :P No that was me missing a change. This is a slightly altered version of one of my other OCs who is called Tuuwa/Tu Blueskys. Thanks for pointing that out to me, I thought I had caught them all <.<;;