A Writing Challenge.

Started by RegularRaskolnikov, July 01, 2010, 10:01:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrystal

*giggles* Awww, but I wanna create a universe full of naked cat-girls! *pretends to sulk* :P

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Ironwolf85

well let me know when it starts I wrote my peice for now
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

EmptyEternity

So, real quickly, how many of us are truly adamant in partaking in this strange exploration of divinity? I'd like to compile a little list before I post a starting thread and also to put a population cap on our little 'pantheon'.

ChaoticSky

are you RR? no, you are EE. thus you are not making the thread -__-

Ironwolf85

I am... Probably going to play someone in line with the post I made
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.

Chrystal

*Giggles*. Darkling, Darling. I am equating you with the Greek Hera. Wife of Zeus. Is that the role you see for yourself? Or perhaps you are our goddess of Justice? Or maybe the goddess of the underworld? Persephone? The one we all fear to cross and who keeps the rest of us in line? Or maybe you are a simple anthropomorphic manifestation of a primal force, (As Terry Pratchet puts it). Or in other words, Death!

Either way, I think the role suits you. Would you care to pick one of those roles?

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

EmptyEternity

Quote from: Darkling on July 06, 2010, 03:03:39 PM
are you RR? no, you are EE. thus you are not making the thread -__-

RR intended this to be an RP that didn't need much GM moderation. I'm just taking some steps towards making it happen.

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Chrystal on July 06, 2010, 03:50:28 PM
*Giggles*. Darkling, Darling. I am equating you with the Greek Hera. Wife of Zeus. Is that the role you see for yourself? Or perhaps you are our goddess of Justice? Or maybe the goddess of the underworld? Persephone? The one we all fear to cross and who keeps the rest of us in line? Or maybe you are a simple anthropomorphic manifestation of a primal force, (As Terry Pratchet puts it). Or in other words, Death!

Either way, I think the role suits you. Would you care to pick one of those roles?
gods i hope not! Hera was a twit. id far rather be a manifestation of pure justice.... and by that i mean more like the nordic Tyr than the greek Justice.

i just feel that this RP is RR's brainchild, even if he wants the game to function just fine without him... its only fair that we wait until he makes the OP, this gives him a chance to lay the ground work, perhaps set the tone, maybe he has something he wants to throw out there at the very beginning. Point is, we dont know, and it isnt right to jack someone elses idea without their consent. i know if someone tried to do what EE is doing in a group RP i made, i would absolutely blow my top.

its impatient and underhanded, and I Have FURY!

(*whistles innocently* at leased, thats how i see it. if you want to start it yourself, atleased get permission!)

Chrystal

You are a Fury! Yay!

And EE, D is QR that TT WS by RR. GM or no GM, it is GF to WFH to OU the ICT.

(Sorry, it was the preponderance of abbreviations in Emtpy's thread that made me do that!)

Translation: " And EmptyEternity, Darkling is Quite Right that this thread was started by RegularRaskolnikov. Game master or no game master, it is good form to wait for him to open up the In Character thread".

Ironwolf85

I was thinking of trying an anthropmorphic force of nature...
I wanted to do a caring Law-type deity.
what would be interisting is if the deity of death was a good guy....

Ironwolf85

tons of ideas... deity that creates time, might also be forced to be it's keeper... and the keeper of things that were...

so many ideas... can't wait *hopping with excitement*

Chrystal

Hmmm.... Good point Ironwolf. Yes, the deity who creates time must logically be the lord of time. I think the appropriate title for such a one is Doctor? *snigger*

No, seriously, I agree. And yes, the idea of a benevolent death is something that appeals. Have you read Terry Pratchet's Discworld novels?

*manifests herself a large glass of catnip and sips slowly* Mmmm. Drink anyone? Just while we're waiting...

Ironwolf85

thanks... I'm gonna do it that way...
I occasionally play furries of all kinds. somehow the idea of "dark horse" kinda character poped in there.
ahh well...

Insight

No offense to anyone, but does anyone else feel this game is becoming quickly overcrowded?

IC thread or not, a player cap may be in order as well.
"I doubt, therefore I think, therefore I am"

My Desires: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=159468.0

On and Off Thread

ChaoticSky

Quote from: bradten on July 06, 2010, 08:09:30 PM
No offense to anyone, but does anyone else feel this game is becoming quickly overcrowded?

IC thread or not, a player cap may be in order as well.
not really, just a comfortable buffer. a third of the people in this thread wont even make it to the IC, and another third wont last more than a week or two.

Ramael

Either way...it's getting on a bit.

Ironwolf85

I'm in for the long haul myself...
but heck, if some of these people wanna split into their own sub stories... they could

Chrystal

OOOHKAY.... How long has it been since RR last posted here? Has he forgotten us? Because I think someone ought to give him a nudge... Or maybe a thunderbolt up the arse. Do we have a god or goddess of thunder yet?

Hmm.....
Quote from: Ironwolf85 on July 06, 2010, 05:05:01 PM
tons of ideas... deity that creates time, might also be forced to be it's keeper... and the keeper of things that were...

so many ideas... can't wait *hopping with excitement*

So the goddess who creates alcohol becomes goddess of alcohol? *swirls the catnip around in her glass and changes it to brandy* Cooool!

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Chrystal on July 07, 2010, 04:24:26 PM
OOOHKAY.... How long has it been since RR last posted here? Has he forgotten us? Because I think someone ought to give him a nudge... Or maybe a thunderbolt up the arse. Do we have a god or goddess of thunder yet?

Hmm.....
So the goddess who creates alcohol becomes goddess of alcohol? *swirls the catnip around in her glass and changes it to brandy* Cooool!
its only been two days. Patience. :P

and i think that might be alittle too limiting. we are all equal... ill imagine that we will all eventually settle into 'things' that we are naturally inclined towards... and will probably be worshipped as the face of, but theres nothing to stop me from screwing causality at a whim, goddess of Time or not. Our aspects are more of a 'preference' than a 'domain'.

as for Time, your welcome to it, too much of a headache as far as im concerned, as long as you maintain that the future is divergent and not linear, ill have no issue. the concept of 'destiny' does not sit well with me.

Chrystal

Oh, I don't want time.... And I agree totally. The future is divergent. Each and every decision by a mortal with free will creates a new possible future. Most are minor divergences that run parallel. Some are nexuses that create whole new dimensions. And every so often there is an EarthBreaker - one that will, if the wrong choice is made, have consequences so serious that it must be prevented at all costs!

And, although outside it, we can perceive time's passage from the future, through the present and into the past, as the collapsing of these many vergences into a single time-line called NOW!

And this is how we, as deities, shape the future, by messing with the vergences.

EmptyEternity

Domains? We're picking domains already? In that case.

Learning, Knowledge, Art, Change.

There. Dibs.

ChaoticSky

Quote from: EmptyEternity on July 07, 2010, 06:33:12 PM
Domains? We're picking domains already? In that case.

Learning, Knowledge, Art, Change.

There. Dibs.
you read nothing we just said, did you? >_>

EmptyEternity

Quote from: Darkling on July 07, 2010, 07:07:16 PM
you read nothing we just said, did you? >_>
hu·mor –noun
1. a comic, absurd, or incongruous quality causing amusement: the humor of a situation.
2. the  faculty  of  expressing  the  amusing  or  comical:  The  author's  humor  came  across  better  in  the  book  than  in  the  movie. 

Lighten up, being this ridged is just going to alienate people. Although in a sense, I was being a tad serious. I would assume that even gods/creator beings would have a good sense of self BEFORE they set out to create. It just doesn't seem likely that a God would come into existence and immediately set to work on things like space, time, matter, and energy.

Insight

Excuse me everyone, I feel like we may be going in the wrong direction.

A God(dess) of time? Of Anything? I will control whatever aspect of reality suits me, and if a Deity chooses to argue, we can decide whose followers are mightier. My goal is to show the world of mortal who the most powerful God is, and which God is most worthy of their affection. I will, accordingly be God of whatever suits me, Lord of whatever turns me on, and Benefactor of whomsoever is nice to me.

What happened to the Goddess of Chaos?
"I doubt, therefore I think, therefore I am"

My Desires: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=159468.0

On and Off Thread

EmptyEternity

Quote from: bradten on July 07, 2010, 08:45:30 PM
Excuse me everyone, I feel like we may be going in the wrong direction.

A God(dess) of time? Of Anything? I will control whatever aspect of reality suits me, and if a Deity chooses to argue, we can decide whose followers are mightier. My goal is to show the world of mortal who the most powerful God is, and which God is most worthy of their affection. I will, accordingly be God of whatever suits me, Lord of whatever turns me on, and Benefactor of whomsoever is nice to me.

What happened to the Goddess of Chaos?
The problem here, I think, is we're too quick to pick domains. Remember this is is the VERY beginning to time, we are just forming our individual consciousness and there is literally nothing around us. I think we should be starting at that point instead. A being discovering that, it exists, and holds great power over that existence.