The Great Evil ~{{Slots Still Open}}~

Started by Narianna, January 26, 2011, 07:57:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloodrose

I'd be interested, with a character that is a worshipper of Persephone.

How's this?

Basic Attributes

* Given Name: Phaedra

* Appearance:

- Height: 5ft 9inches
- Weight: 130lbs
- Hair Color/Style: long hair a rich golden brown, which falls down her back in rich waves.  She usually wears it tied back, and is constantly tucking unruly tendrils back behind her ears
- Eye Color:  a deep hazel that in certain lights looks gold, and other times verges upon green
- Makeup: (If applicable)wears very little makeup, just a little mascara to enhance her naturally long lashes, and a slick of rose coloured lipstick.
- Clothing: she wears whatever is comfortable, and as she is usually tending plants, often is just in simple pants and loose fitting shirts.
- Jewelry: (If applicable)She often has flowers threaded into her hair, which is the best jewelry to her but always has a silver filigree pendant on a leather thong around her neck 

* Race: human with a quarter dryad 

* Race Description: Dryads are tree nymphs

* Physical Abilities/Limitations: Phaedre is quite fit as she spends most of her time outdoors in the garden tending plants, as she has what is known as a ‘green thumb’ Plants thrive under her care, even ones that look half dead will revive if she cares for them, and her skills are much sought after by all who live in the area.  She is not a fighter, has no skills with weapons, and abhors bloodshed, preferring to make peace through discourse. She thrives in spring and summer, but  finds life difficult in autumn and especially winter.

Background

Phaedre has no idea that her grandmother was a dryad, all she knows is that her mother was found in the woods as a baby, as if she had been abandoned.  Both she and her mother have an affinity with the woods, her mother in particular, whereas Phaedre’s affinity is broader, encompassing all plants.
She has lived in the English countryside all her life, growing and nurturing all things green. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Socioeconomic Class/Standing

* Class: Gardener

* Religion: worshipper of Persephone

* Place of Birth: England

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inventory

* Weapons: She has no weapons, but her ability to make things grow could be enhanced by some magical means, so that she could use the plants around her to bind, or strangle, if necessary.
bloodrose's Ons and Offs

Elf

Bloodrose, I think she looks great and am quite certain that Nar will agree.

KaiiVii

I like it too bloodrose, very good way to link character to Godess :)
"Whatever you are, be a good one"- Abe Lincoln

On/Off/Plot/etc Thread :)

Narianna

Bloodrose, I love it! :)

Everyone: I got my new computer today!!! *jumps around excitedly* I'll be able to start on the OOC, IC, and Character threads tomorrow.

Vergil1989

COOOOOLNEEEEESSSSS!  Glad to hear it Nar!  Maybe now we can get this going tomorrow then lol.  Also been missing Culture Shock too!
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

KaiiVii

"Whatever you are, be a good one"- Abe Lincoln

On/Off/Plot/etc Thread :)

Elf

Quote from: Narianna on January 29, 2011, 05:38:56 PM
Bloodrose, I love it! :)

Everyone: I got my new computer today!!! *jumps around excitedly* I'll be able to start on the OOC, IC, and Character threads tomorrow.

*oogles the jumping Narianna* Congratulations, I'm very happy for you that you didn't have to wait to get your new PC.

Narianna

Narianna

Character thread is up. Link is at the beginning of the OP. Feel free to just copy and paste your char to the character thread.

Kate

im happy to join this if my character can be really perverse (ie EX themes) - if that wasn't your intention may bow out - but if others are cool with that say so :)

Narianna

Hey Kate. :-) That's fine. It's in Extreme RPs just in case anyway. Shoot me a profile.

Vergil1989

Aye, I don't mind Kate.  Go nuts I say lol.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Narianna

I'd like to remind everyone that has applied in this thread, to please post your characters in the Character thread so that I know you are still interested and wish a dream sequence. Thank you.

Drake Valentine

Hum, interest piqued. Though I have to head out to work now. I'll look over what is all available later and maybe will put up a profile. ^^

Take cares.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Narianna

Drake Valentine

Incomplete, but I have to get ready for works and leave soons. Will work on it some more later. >.>

Attributes
* Given Name:
Raziel

* Appearance:

- Height:
5’9”
- Weight:
145lbs
- Hair Color/Style:
Copper / style varies, sometimes it is parted, others tossled, and now and then it may be ruffed and spiked up.
- Eye Color:
Copper
- Makeup: (If applicable)
- Clothing:
He dresses often in tighter and lighter fitted clothing, nothing that would provide much comfort as he likes to move freely and also doesn’t like leaving his opponents capable of grappling onto much from him.
- Jewelry:

Race:
Tainted Human

* Race Description:
Divine touched, whether out of admiration, scorn, or something other. Their limitations as ordinary humans are extended, but in the end, they still are only human. The term tainted often comes from the fear or envy ordinary humans may have when perceiving such beings. Most of those whom are ‘tainted’ can usually be spotted from their abnormities.

* Physical Abilities/Limitations:
Raziel is fit, however he isn't much physically strong nor does he rely on the use of his own strength. His body is agile and quick and with his training, he often uses that of others strength against them in physical confrontation. The lack of sight(if he doesn't want to go crazy) has also lowered his endurance, so he isn't the hardiest of combatants. Not being able to see hasn't limited him, if anything it may improved his own training through the years as he no longer has a need for sight to fight. He can 'see' perfectly fine of everything going on around him relying on his remaining senses.

* Tainted Gift:
Eyes of Chaos: A blessing or a curse, this ability presents answers to absolute truths. To see through illusions, pinpoint weaknesses, one may even think of it as a ’third’ eye. The limit? Insanity, on the wielder that is. This is something Raziel can’t control either and the only way he made it this far is by concealing his own eyes and living a life mostly in darkness. A tough road, but this too is something a Monk must overcome. 

Background

Raziel hadn't always bared the Eyes of Chaos, in fact, in his younger and nonreligious years he was your average Joe human. He came from a normal upbringing, a simple child of commoners. He has no fellow siblings or well, any that he may know about. His reasons of joining an monastery were also of his own; however another side of that story is the fact he didn't want to become too much of a burden upon his family with his father growing ill and the opportunities of labor also being scarce. Strategic escape from life's hardships? Perhaps.

But out of the frying pan and into the oven, as they would say. Out of all the temples one could devote themselves to, Raziel ended up with the one towards Zanaen. Even then he was still a young youth, a teenager, but perhaps ignorance in itself couldn't be bliss. His entire life was thrown into disarray, but maybe that too should been expected. Educated in the teachings of Chaos, trained in combat to be able to defend those principals he learned, and cast into hardship that often tested the waters of insanity for those fellow religious followers. Raziel's life was a live or die one, pitted against beasts, fellow apprentices, it was all more than enough to warp his own psychology on life.

One may even wondered how such a surviving devote may even happen to fall from grace of a 'normal' human being? Again, his wasn't by choice, it was from the madness of the Temple. Poor Raziel was cast into a room, where he was suppose to meditate and pay homage to his deity. He wasn't even allowed to leave till he had, as they may say, a vision. Perhaps this too was one of the steps of becoming a full fledge monk, but with his nerves and all he went through at still a young age, he just snapped.

Oh, sweet insanity, perhaps that in itself brought a blessing to Raziel or even a curse, depending how those wish to perceive it. The young man went on a rage, destroying everything within the room, art work from the ages defaced, book of valuable information ruined. Such instants would most likely otherwise result in death in any other given temple, none would be as bold to go about wrecking everything in such a 'holy' building. For Raziel, he was rewarded(if it can be called that), maybe the Deity found humor in his antics, maybe he was angered, only Zanaen would know the answer to such; however, when the other monks finally released Raziel from his captivity within that room, they were stunned as well.

Skin holding a golden hue, slitted snake eyes, and an aura of destruction around his entire being. The taint was there, though Raziel wasn't. The poor young man was on the verge of losing all mental sanity, now riddled with the touching of a divine's power. His eyes could see it, multiple answers riddled into one, could pursue the lifespan of those monks, their intentions, their hidden motives and agendas. He wanted to rip his eyes from his skull, but they didn't allow him. He was subdued, sedated, and later trained not to use his eyes once they ran several theorize tests upon him. Though they didn't injure him, such may be considered a greater blasphemy with one who received a 'blessing.'

Over those next extended years Raziel has lived a life of darkness, again trained to fight without relying on his eyes, how to use his other senses to perceive his surroundings. In addition to his training, he was forced to leave the monastery to broaden his own knowledge and to increase his experience in the world around him.  Insane to cast a blind man out? Why of course, such teachings of Zanaen may bring applause; but even if it wasn't normal to other's perspectives, there was still a greater principal of all. Raziel's survival on his own would only prove that he was truly chosen by Zanaen, to carry a weight heavier than many may expect.

* Class:
Monk

* Religion:
Disciple of Zanaen

* Place of Birth:
Scandinavia

Inventory

* Weapons:
His entire body, other than that daggers and throwing knives and the occasional staff(walking stick).

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

Narianna

Great so far, Drake. *cracks knuckles* I get to think up a Zanaen dream! This will be fun. Can't wait to see the rest of your profile. :)

Drake Valentine

*Rolls around.*

Background probably won't be up sometime till tomorrow morning.

Narianna

No problem, Drake.

People can enter this RP at any time.

Starlequin

Well, on that welcoming note, here's my CS, finally hammered into something close to adequate (we hope, lol). Looking forward to your  critique, Narianna.

Basic Attributes

* Given Name: Zedd Witlock

* Appearance:
- Height: 5'10
- Weight: 148 lbs
- Hair Color/Style: Dark black hair with shockingly blond tips, cut and cropped short and neat
- Eye Color: Blue
- Makeup: N/A
- Clothing: Usually wears a simple, thick, dark blue vest worn open over his bare chest, and a pair of heavy, baggy knee-length shorts with a pair of ankle-cuffed leather boots and (occasionally) a pair of snug, cuffed leather gloves
- Jewelry: (If applicable) Wears a plain silver band with an image of a wolf etched into its surface on his right ring finger, and a single earring consisting of a small piece of cut-smooth amethyst on a short chain in his left ear.

* Race: Human

* Race Description: Dangerously clever, moderately evolved primates

* Physical Abilities/Limitations: Reasonably physically fit, Zedd has the average speed and strength of a normal human male with no outstanding or remarkable physical abilities, but he is surprisingly deft with magic, particularly shadows, earth, and wind. He doesn't often seek out violence or conflict more serious than an old fashioned, down-and-dirty bar fight, but he is more than willing to stand up to someone he feels is threatening or bullying someone innocent or weaker than themselves. Zedd possesses little in the way of martial arts training, but is a formidable brawler and a capable knife-fighter, and years of practice has made him an excellent marksman with his primary weapon, a slingshot.

Background

Zedd was born in Vancouver, Canada, the only son of a wealthy merchant and his wife. From a young age, Zedd felt an intense discomfort at seeing his parents' callous disregard for those less fortunate, and chafed at the many rules and protocols that seemed to have no purpose other than to keep him shackled under his parents' thumbs. His childhood was largely spent under the care of various nannies and governesses, and when he was old enough, tutors. His parents ensured their little heir was thoroughly educated in as many subjects as could be fit into a day, including history, the sciences, and magic. As Zedd would later bitterly recall, it was one of the few decent things his parents ever did for him.

During his sixteenth year, he snuck out of his family's home and hitched his way south across America down to Mexico. His parents made token efforts to recover him, but were more concerned with silencing any hint of scandal than reuniting with their son; a few months after his disappearance, they held a quiet funeral with an empty casket and returned to their aristocratic routine.

After reaching Mexico, Zedd bounced around from town to town, usually finding simple work with local construction crews or merchant caravans. For Zedd, the sheer freedom of going where he wished whenever he pleased was tantamount to paradise. The next six years were largely uneventful, the monotony of brutal daily labor interrupted only by the occasional bar brawl or street fight, until Zedd came to a small town called San Lobos. It was there he met a young woman named Maria, a raven-haired beauty who ran a small orphanage dedicated to her patron goddess, Artemis, and she convinced him to become a sort of general handyman for the dilapidated old children's home. The children quickly grew to love him, and he them, and a passionate romance soon blossomed between Zedd and Maria.

Unfortunately, one stormy night, a wild lightning strike caused a fire to break out in the orphanage's attic. The blaze spread quickly, and before anyone could react, several of the older children -- as well as Maria -- were swallowed up by the inferno. Zedd and many of the townsmen worked to save as many of the children as they could, but the home was soon lost to the flames. He was forced to watch with the rest of the town as the remains of the orphanage burned to cinders.

Over the next few months, Zedd rebuilt the orphanage and became the children's teacher and guardian. It's been almost a year now since the night of the fire, and Zedd's dreams have slowly become more disturbing with every passing night...

* Class: Teacher

* Religion: Worships Artemis

* Place of Birth: Vancouver, Canada

Inventory

* Weapons: Zedd carries a small but powerful slingshot with a rather sizable supply of steel ball bearings, a simple 6" dagger, a rudimentary magnifying glass and a long length of thin, strong fishing line.
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Narianna

Wonderful profile, Star! You're approved. :) Go ahead and post it in the Character Thread and I'll try to get a dream up for you sometime tomorrow.

P.S. *looks at your avatar* Just the other day I saw online where you can get a HUGE gummy bear as big as your head! Not to mention the 5 pound bag of blue raspberry gummies. I'm tempted. Very tempted...

Starlequin

Heh, marvy. Thank you kindly, Narianna; I'll go fire it up over in the Char thread, then call it a night.

And to be honest, I've never been such a gummie fan, myself. I just thought that  little fella was adorably psychotic, and decided to bring him home with me. Although, five pounds of bue raspberry DOES sound all kindsa delish.
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Skyrider

Basic Attributes

* Given Name: Anthimus

* Appearance: Left:  Human Look/Right: Transformed Look

- Height: 6'0
- Weight: 220 lbs
- Hair Color/Style: Black/ Slightly messy, wavy at shoulder length
- Eye Color: Left eye Red/Right eye Black
- Makeup: White Face paint covering almost his entire face with simple black designs around his eyes and lips.
- Clothing: Usually seen wearing a black hooded coat that reaches down to his feet.  Black skin-tight leather pants and boots with steel plating covering it.  He wears no shirt under his coat.
- Jewelry: Golden Pendant

* Race: Broodling

* Race Description: Half Human, Half Dragon.  Crossbreed usually with the appearance of a humanoid with scales and/or other dragon like features.

* Physical Abilities:
Transmogrification: Capable of transforming any part of his body into a more Dragon like appearance at will, such as turning his hands into claws, sprouting wings, or covering most of his body in its scales.  His Wings grant him the ability to fly.  His scales (specifically the scales on his hands and arms) are as hard as steel, capable of deflecting most physical attacks and some minor attack spells.  His claws are just as hard as his scales, allowing him to easily slash through wood and stone.
As a Human, Anthimus has a greater strength, stamina, and agility of a normal human with an athletic build.  He can last twice as long than most humans while partaking in strenuous activity and hard labor. Also due to his Dragon Blood, he possesses a high tolerance to heat, being able to stick his hand into a campfire without getting burned.
While Fully Transformed: His strength, stamina, and agility is almost doubled.
Limitations/Weaknesses/Drawbacks: Anthimus can only transform his whole body when he is extremely angry.  When fully transformed though, his rage causes him to go completely berserk and attack anything and anyone within his area.  While his arms can act as his shield, Anthimus is still vulnerable to physical weapons anywhere else on his body.

Background

Born of a Human mother and a Father Dragon, Anthimus has been an outcast since his childhood in his home village.  The adults were so afraid of him, they would tell stories to their children of Anthimus being a demon child and that they shouldn't come near him.  Due to this the only friend he's ever known was his mother.  She tried her best to make a life for them, but the villagers even shunned her for being "tainted" by a Dragon.  Anthimus's father was killed before he was born, not giving him the chance to even know him.  The only thing that was left of his father was a pendant that his mother wore all the time.

When Anthimus turned 12, he managed to make a friend of a village girl who didn't see him as scary.  For a time he finally knew what it felt like to have a real friend, but the feeling wasn't going to last.  Some months later, the girl suddenly became gravely ill and passed away.  When Anthimus attempted to see her one last time, the villagers automatically blamed him for her death, thinking that he brought a plague that would eventually take all of them.  Out of shear fear and paranoia, the villagers chained and bounded him at the village center with the intent of killing him to prevent the plague.  His mother attempted to stop the villagers, but her pleas only enticed the villagers even more, this time throwing the blame, and stones at her.  The riot became so intense, the villagers ended up stoning Anthimus's mother to death, forcing him to witness the whole event.

With the sight of his mother's dead body before him, Anthimus couldn't take it any longer and snapped into a fit of pure rage.  Breaking his chains and fully transforming for the first time, he retaliated at full force and massacred the entire village, destroying all of the buildings and killing everyone in bloodlust.  When the dust finally calmed down and cleared, all that was left was an emotionless looking Anthimus covered in blood and surrounded by dozens of dead bodies.

A few days later, an Acolyte of Thanatos arrived at the village.  The first thing he noticed was a young boy kneeling down in front of dozens of graves, his eyes showing no signs of life as he gazed at one of the graves covered with flowers.  When the Acolyte spoke with Anthimus, he learned of what had transpired in the now dead village.  How his only friend passed away.  His mother was brutally killed before his eyes.  And how he slaughter everyone and buried them.  After hearing his story, the Acolyte saw how death now had a strong hold on him, and knew that Anthimus needed a place to be.  By night's fall, The Acolyte began his journey back to the Temples of Thanatos.  Anthimus, taking only his father's pendant, followed closely behind.

* Class: Acolyte/Fighter

* Religion: Disciple of Thanatos

* Place of Birth: Isle of Eire

Inventory

* Weapons: Anthimus's weapon of choice is his Dragon Claws and Scales.

Narianna

You had me at the Crow... heh

No, seriously, great profile, Skyrider. It's been approved. :) Post it in the Character thread and I'll try to get your dream up sometime later on today...

Drake Valentine

Dooooooooooooooooooone...

Finally.

v.v

But now I must be off.

Hope you enjoys~