Passion and Pain: "Ssinssrigg lueth Jiv'undus"

Started by Krayz, May 16, 2010, 09:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krayz

Travaius

I'd create a secondary char, but I barely have any idea what I'm doing :P
Don't tempt the hammer of the Waagh. The Black Riva is in our blood, spill a drop and the rest of us will drown you in it, got it?

Krayz

It's ok, Trav; I'm more hoping for some ladies anyways, lol.

Travaius

:starts to think of all the things to say in response: Too obvious...to perverted...too nonsensical...Damn it!! NEVERMIND!!! :D
Don't tempt the hammer of the Waagh. The Black Riva is in our blood, spill a drop and the rest of us will drown you in it, got it?

Krayz

iridum248

...Hmmm. I'm not too familiar with the drow- What would this game entail, and so on? I think the intrigue and doublecrosses between the various Matron Mothers would make an excellent plot...For some reason, though, when I think of a character, I can't help but have *her* in mind. I've read the R.A. Salvatore novels, and Krayz probably knows how my tastes run-

Thinking about it, though, the woman below seems to resemble a Mystic Theurge of House Fetear- Or Kyorli, if we're going for something easier. I can't help but think it'd be easier if all the players were Matron Mothers, or High Priestesses, to give the game a more sweeping aspect...If you have the entire group scattered about the social spectrum, it's hard to see how they'd work together...Or at all.

Krayz

The problem comes in that not everyone is comfortable playing female roles, iridum (me, not gonna lie, lol). But that's why I only left two Houses open initially; Karandras and Fetear, to funnel a number of players into a united situation. If necessary, it could be narrowed down to one House as well, though if it did, I'd want it to be Fetear because of my character.

As for plot, that was pretty much the idea; House machinations, both in-family politics and plotting against other Houses. Other Houses would be used by me to generate plot movement when necessary, or to respond to the plots of other PC Matron Mothers. Meanwhile, the sexual aspects of the roleplay would be mostly one of two themes: priestesses taking what they want from males, or males trying to turn the tables. Dominant males either don't want to be here, or need to be willing to play their cards right with the right females. Essentially, this is almost like a drow soap, with drow living their normal lives of plotting, scheming, killing, and hot sex.

iridum248

That does sound good to me- Though given my fondness for the orcish and goblinoid races, I wonder if it's an appropriate vice- Or a crippling one- for a Matron Mother to engage in. Ah, yeah, I see the problem~ It's a nice idea, though, and I like the picture. Hope it gets off the ground.

Krayz

Well, the drow Houses are known for having hundreds, if not thousands, of orc and goblin slaves, which was why I thought of you. And no one could stop a Matron Mother from doing what she wanted to anyone who wasn't in the service of another House. Still, thanks anyways iridum :)

Travaius

Really? Was not aware that drows would have greenskin slaves...Very good to know for when I see some friends of mine next.

Krayz

Indeed. Also kobolds and ogres, and all sorts of other dudes.

Travaius

:discreetly points to his titles and signature: Yea...good news for me.

Krayz

Wrong kinda greenskins, mate, lol.

And when I say 'slave', I mean cannon fodder....

Anathanasia

Orcs and goblins make for great slaves, both weak willed and easily intimidated! ;)

I'm interested in this game (always love an opportunity to play a drow...but I will admit I dislike Salvatore...it's all because of what he did, with that character, Drizzt, taking the focus away from the awesome bad drow ladies and putting that whiney little bitch-boy in the spotlight...*cough*sorry...), but it's unclear to me even after looking through the thread as to wether or not this game will have a dedicated moderator? IOr will the GM also have a 'PC'?

It seems to be set up for a PvP sort of deal, which I'm always skeptical of freeform, plus I'd like a little more about what degree of sexual nastiness we're shooting for here? Since domination has been mentioned along with the graduation orgies with the glabrezu demons, NC-Exotic?

All that aside, I always like playing otherwise competent and tough drow girls who get in over their heads and subsequently molested, so I'd probably not be a good choice for a Matron. Since it looks like you're mostly freeform in structure, depending on the response to my query, I think I'd like to play as a divinely powered assassin sort of type (actually, if you're familiar with 4e DnD, the Avenger is near perfect for what I'm talking about).
A Special Craving: Rookie Cop has a Bad Day

My Cravings & Desires: Six Ideas in Search of a GM, Solo System RPs

Avatar provided with permission by the artist, Vaesark!

Travaius

Oh look the drows actually have a backbone? I knew that though...it's tasty if you put just a little salt on it and roast it over a fire real slow... :P

Krayz

I don't get all the hate on Drizzt, to be honest. It's not his fault that millions of stupid people everywhere make bad imitations of him... But my interest is in the drow as a whole; in fact, a drow like Drizzt would be BAD for this kind of setting. As for the PvP, it wouldn't be the focus, but there'd be definite potential. I actually took the time to find the precise class and level I would have put my character in, tbh, lol, just in case. That might bugger up the less D&D-aware players is my only concern (and I can't afford to be too picky; as you might have noticed, finding any ladies has been like pulling teeth).

I was planning on playing my PC while moderating, and I have a preference for free-form combat. That being said, if there was a general disagreement with a call I made on a fighting situation, I'd change the decision. All-together, I'm honestly hoping for killing to be less-prevalent among the PCs; things could get messy very quickly. What'd be much preferable is PCs beating other PCs, and using that as leverage to gain a degree of control over them. Onto where to put it.... I'd have to take a look at the options, but NC-Exotic looks like it'd cover the spectrum, lol.

And now, your character. We need Matrons, to be honest, whatever the scenario you plan to lead them into. And I'm sure there'd be no complaints among the guys about a Matron finding herself in their hands. I won't make you play a Matron, but it would be much preferred, since it's the one thing that we're most definitely lacking. (As a side note, I'm unfamiliar with 4 Ed; I don't have a lot of money, so I can't afford to drop the 3.5 I have and upgrade, lol).

@Travaius: we both know orcs can't cook, so stop glorifying them :P

Vergil1989

I'm a big R.A. Salvatore fan, so hating on Drizzt is not a good idea lol.  Also, Krayz, I would be honored to help you fill the spot of a Matron Mother, but I am unsure what you need exactly is all.  Get back to me and I'll do my best to help where I can.  I've read almost all of the books that follow the Drow rogue up to the Orc King, so my knowledge is quite extensive as far as all that goes.  Illithids, Balors, Glabrezu, orcs, kobolds, and all the rest would be quite fun to control in some way or other, as well as the impudent male or two, (although I myself am male lol and would have probably been sacrificed to Lolth, knowing my luck lol.)  Anyway, I hope I can help here and get this party started.  Now where did I leave my ceremonial spider dagger?  LMAO.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Krayz

A Matron Mother is a female drow, a high priestess generally, that rules over a noble House, which includes priestesses, up to two sons, and a Weapons Master and a manwhore -er I mean Patron- of the House (the last two roles could be filled by sons, or be combined, with the lack of morals among the drow).

Vergil1989

I know what a Matron Mother is, I just wasn't sure what you required as far as a specific personality you wanted filled or otherwise.  See what I'm saying now Krayz?  Lol, sorry, should have specified more clearly, my bad my friend.  If not I'll do what I can to make my own unless you have anything in particular you were looking for.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Anathanasia

For me, I usually imagine most Matrons to be well into a level of power and strategic, political thought and maneuvering that they are unlikely to find themselves in anyones hands. Now, I'm not saying 'they are too awesome to ever lose!' or anything, I just mean that any drow smart, powerful and ruthless enough to make it to Matron would have to be considered far too dangerous to be kept alive, at least not by any other drow with half a brain.

So that's why I wouldn't want to play a Matron (best to leave them as NPCs, really, IMO).

Also, I'm never keen on the GM/Moderator having a PC. Strikes me as a conflict of interest in a game that will have the PCs come into conflict with each other; I'm always rather uncomfortable with it (a persistent NPC in a more classic tabletop GM + Party of PCs format is a different thing). I don't mean this as a criticism, run and play the kind of game you like, I'm just going to withdraw my interest and I always feel it's more polite to say why than to leave people wondering. Closure, and all of that. So, for all the reasons above, I don't think this is the right kind of game for me. Good luck to the rest of you. :-)
A Special Craving: Rookie Cop has a Bad Day

My Cravings & Desires: Six Ideas in Search of a GM, Solo System RPs

Avatar provided with permission by the artist, Vaesark!

Krayz

Krayz

For anyone still watching this, another Drow RP has started up, and seems to be better set up than this one, so I'm moving over to play there, and hopefully you can join me :D

See "Dark Fantasy Roleplay" by Sabriel.

rancorius

Krayz

Just in case people are still looking, I posted an Interest Check for a Drow RP. Post in here so we know you're still out there :D

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71759.0