LF partner and GM for NC or Extreme adventure (freeform or system)

Started by Jaded, November 20, 2014, 02:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ixy

I can dig that.  Jaded, Phantom, if you guys need another player or a temporary role, please let me know.  I'm not so much an EX-fan but I am trying some new things out.  It's your rodeo, so simply let me know if something comes up.

Jaded

Ixy

well cool then.  I'm working on something now... got a point buy, Phantom? 
I would like to make something to complement the story you guys are building... maybe a court liaison for the crown, a sorceress/swashbuckler type?  It's all fancy dinners and flirtation until someone uses the wrong fork at the table... then it's hello, Ms. Mayhem

PhantomPistoleer

Character Creation Rules:

• Level:  Level 6 (Gestalt/E6) + 5,000xp * (see additional rules)
    • Attributes:

The Queen of Aundair's personal service, a derivative of the Royal Eyes, is assembled of an elite cadre of female master spies.  As such, all Dark Maidens possess the following attributes:

• Dexterity:  20 (graceful, silent, and swift)
      • Charisma:  20 (beautiful, elegant, and charming)
      • Other: 18, 16, 15 (trained to be the best, distributed as you see fit)
      • Further:  These attributes are before any race, level, or magical modifiers.
    • Flaws: May start with two flaws (may be home-brewed);
    • Hit Points: Max hit points;
    • Starting Gold:  50,000gp (16,000 item cap);
    • Additional Items:

The Dark Maidens are outfitted with the following items.

• Dark Maiden's Uniform:  Studded Leather +2 (Special):  This armor has no weight and no DEX cap.  It incurs no penalties, and can be worn by wizards, monks, and other classes with armor restrictions.  Additionally, it has numerous powers.

• Glammered:  The wearer can alter the appearance of the armor with a thought. {Standard Action};
        • Water-Breathing:  The wearer can breathe underwater.  {1 hour};
        • Dark Maiden's Womb:  The wearer can store up to 30 lbs. of non-living matter within the uniform's dimensional compartment;
        • Man's Envy:  The wearer can manifest a 14" penis.  Though it appears to be inanimate, the wearer feels it as if it were a part of her.
      • The Royal Eye:  The Royal Eye is a telepathic communicator imbedded subcutaneously over the Agent's brow.  It allows long-distance communication with their handler.  The handler also has access over what the Agents see.
    • Feats & Powers:

Dark Maidens possess a number of talents.

• Charming Touch:  (Special Ability, Standard Action, Cha + 3 per Day)  A Dark Maiden, upon stroking a male's exposed penis, can cause a painful erection and a violent orgasm that causes him to be dazed for 1d4 rounds and shaken for 1d8 rounds.
      • Kundalini Training:

• Endurance:  A Dark Maiden does not roll for constitution when having sex.  Her endurance is nearly unlimited.
        • Healing:  A Dark Maiden regains 1d8+1 hit points per hour of having sex.
        • Sustenance:  A Dark Maiden is able to subsist on male ejaculate alone.
        [li]Third Ring:  A Dark Maiden may pierce an additional magic ring to her clit.
    [/list]

--0--0--0--0--0--0--0--0--0--0--0--0--0--0

The Great Triangle made these rules.  I always liked them.

E6 Rules

This game uses the E6 rule, where character have a level cap of 6, and then gain feats for each 5,000xp gained afterwards.  Characters for this game will start with 26,000 xp, meaning that they are 6th level characters with one additional feat.  [OMITTED].

Characters start each day with two action points, and gain an additional one at the end of each encounter.  The action point total resets to 0 when the character rests.  Most feats and abilities that increase the number of action points a character has give the character one additional action point per day, and an additional action point after every 4th encounter.

Material may be selected from any of the following books, but all non core material must note its source, with page number reference:

All three core rulebooks

Complete Arcane
    Complete Champion
    Complete Warrior
    Complete Divine
    Complete Scoundrel
    Complete Adventurer
    Complete Mage

Eberron Campaign Setting
    Magic of Eberron
    Faiths of Eberron
    Dragons of Eberron
    Sharn: City of Towers
    Five Nations
    Explorer's Handbook
    Secrets of Xen'drik

Spell Compendium
    Dragon Magic
    Tome of Magic
    Tome of Battle: The Book of Nine Swords

Psionics Handbook
    Complete Psionic

Book of Exalted Deeds
    Book of Vile Darkness

Frostburn
    Stormwrack
    Cityscape
    Dungeonscape

Player's Handbook 2
    Magic Item Compendium
    Savage Species
    Heroes of Battle
    Book of Aberrations

In addition to the material listed above, players may also select from the following feats:

Ability Training (General)
    Benefit: Choose one Ability; You gain a +2 bonus whenever you are making an Ability Check with that ability. This bonus does count when making a skill check using that ability, but not for any other use of that ability, such as spells per day, or hit points per level.
    Special: You can gain this feat multiple times, its effects do not stack. Each time you take this feat it applies to another ability.

Ability Advancement (General)
    Prerequisite: Ability Training in the same ability.
    Benefit: Choose one Ability. You gain a permanent +2 bonus to that ability.
    Special: You can gain this feat multiple times, its effects stack.

Capstone Training (General)
    Prerequisite: 6th level
    Benefit: Choose one class feature you would gain if your level in a given class were two higher.  You gain that class feature, and qualify as a member of that class two levels higher than your current level for the purposes of qualifying for feats.  You may take this feat to gain abilities from classes you have no levels in.
    Special: You can gain this feat multiple times, its effects do not stack. Each time you take this feat it applies to another class feature.  You may select a class feature from a prestige class, including one you have gained a class feature from via prestiege training.

Class Training (General)
    Benefit: Choose one of your class features that improves as you increase in level.  That class feature improves as if you had gained levels necessary to improve it, for example increased sneak attack damage, bonus feats, or acquiring improved evasion.  Iterative class features which increase every level are considered to improve as if you gained two levels.  This feat cannot enhance spellcasting in any way, save for spell like abilities gained as class features.
    Special: You can gain this feat multiple times, its effects do not stack. Each time you take this feat it applies to another class feature.  Class features gained through capstone training and prestiege training may be chosen for this feat.

Expanded Spell Knowledge [General]
    Benefit: You learn 1 or more new spells known, with spell levels totalling to half of your caster level (round down, and treat a new 0th-level slot as 1/2). Thus, a sixth level Sorcerer could gain one 3rd level spell known, one 1st and one 2nd level spell, three 1st level spells, or 6 0th-level spells. This feat cannot provide spells known of a level higher than you can already cast.
    Special: You may take this feat multiple times; each time you take it it provides
    more slots.

Expanded Caster Stamina [General]
    Prerequisite: Character Level 6th
    Benefit: You gain 1 or more new spell slots, with spell levels totalling to half
    of your caster level. Treat 0th level spells as 1⁄2. Thus, a sixth level Wizard could gain one 3rd level slot, one 1st and one 2nd level slot, three 1st level slots, or 6 0th-level slots. This feat cannot provide spell slots higher than you can already cast.
    Special: You may take this feat multiple times; each time you take it it provides
    more slots.

Metamagic Mastery (Metamagic)
    Prerequisite: Metamagic feats (see below), Caster Level 6
    Benefit: When you take this feat, select a metamagic feat.  You must have a number of Metamagic Mastery feats equal to one less than the level increase of your chosen metamagic, to apply this feat to a metamagic feat. For example, Empower Spell, which boosts the level of a spell by 2, has a prerequisite of 1 Metamagic Mastery feat. Split Ray, which has an increase of 1, would have no prerequisites. As a swift action once per day, you may apply this metamagic feat to a spell you cast with no adjustment to the level of the spell cast, or increase in casting time; for a spontaneous spellcaster.
    Special: This feat may be taken multiple times, its effects stack. 

Prestige Training (General)
    Benefit: Choose a prestige class you could qualify for by 9th level.  All special requirements for the class must already be met.  You gain a class feature that prestige class gets at 1st level.  For the purposes of the capstone training and the ultimate mastery feats, you are considered to be level 1 in the selected prestige class.
    Special: You can gain this feat multiple times, its effects do not stack. Each time you take this feat it applies to another class feature.  You may only take this feat if you could qualify for the prestige classes you have abilities from simultaneously.

Ritual Knowledge (General)
    Benefit: Your gain permanent knowledge of a number of levels of rituals equal to your level + your intelligence modifier.  Permanently known rituals may be cast without need for a ritual schema. 
    Special: You can gain this feat multiple times, its effects stack, though their effects do not increase retroactively if your intelligence or level increases.

Skill Savant (General)
    Prerequisite: Skill focus in selected skill
    Benefit: You gain a +2 untyped bonus to the skill you qualify for use with this feat.
    Special: You can gain this feat multiple times, its effects can be stacked a number of times equal to the ability modifier of the relevant ability for the skill.  The feat can also be taken and applied to different skills.

Ultimate Mastery [General]
    Prerequisite: Capstone Training
    Benefit: Choose one class feature you would gain if your level in a given class were up to four levels higher.  You gain that class feature.  You may select a class granted by a prestige class you have gained a feature from via prestige training.

Wondrous Rings (General)
    Prerequisites: 6th level, Craft Wondrous Item
    Benefit: You treat rings as wondrous items for the purpose of meeting item creation prerequisites. You must still meet caster level requirements for any ring you create.
    Always seeking 5E games.
    O/O

PhantomPistoleer

I'm not sure if I want the armor to be absurd or modest.  :/

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Or

Remember!  The armor is enchanted to appear as you wish it.  o_o
    Always seeking 5E games.
    O/O

Jaded

QuoteDexterity:  20 (graceful, silent, and swift)
    ◦Charisma:  20 (beautiful, elegant, and charming)
    ◦Other: 18, 16, 15 (trained to be the best, distributed as you see fit)

What was the sixth score rated?

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Jaded on November 29, 2014, 01:31:28 AM
    What was the sixth score rated?

An 18 to Con.  Dark Maidens are built for the three F's:  fighting, fleeing, and procreation.
    Always seeking 5E games.
    O/O

Vorian

Quote from: Jaded on November 28, 2014, 10:59:22 PM
    I'm fine with the concept as long as it is understood that I am not hugely familiar with Eberron.  It may make more sense to have Vorian take the lead character role?

Up to you, this will be my first actual Eberron campaign as well. I familiar with a few bits and pieces that interested me, but not the politics in any depth.

A few questions for Phantom:

Does capstone training stack with itself to determine how high of level ability you can gain from it, or is it limited to two levels higher than your actual class level?

How does Expanded Spell Knowledge interact with classes like the Beguiler?
    Ons/Offs - Updated 10/8/14 to reflect my switch to Liege and attempt a bit more clarity.
    Ideas
    Absences - Updated 3/26/15

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Vorian on November 29, 2014, 11:09:35 AM
    Up to you, this will be my first actual Eberron campaign as well. I familiar with a few bits and pieces that interested me, but not the politics in any depth.

A few questions for Phantom:

Does capstone training stack with itself to determine how high of level ability you can gain from it, or is it limited to two levels higher than your actual class level?

How does Expanded Spell Knowledge interact with classes like the Beguiler?

This is going to sound crazy, seeing as to how this is a Gestalt E6, perhaps the most complicated character creation rules EVER.  But, to be honest, I'm an uncomplicated person.

So...

Capstone Training (General)
    Benefit: Choose one class feature you would gain if your level in a given class were two higher.  You gain that class feature, and qualify as a member of that class two levels higher than your current level for the purposes of qualifying for feats.  You may take this feat to gain abilities from classes you have no levels in.
    Special: You can gain this feat multiple times, its effects do not stack. Each time you take this feat it applies to another class feature.  You may select a class feature from a prestige class, including one you have gained a class feature from via prestiege training.

It's two levels higher.  However, you can then take Ultimate Mastery, which is four levels higher.

As for your second question, I would have to look at how the Beguiler works.  I will do that later this evening, but if you have an idea of how it SHOULD work, please let me know.
    Always seeking 5E games.
    O/O

Vorian

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on November 29, 2014, 12:00:15 PM
    It's two levels higher.  However, you can then take Ultimate Mastery, which is four levels higher.

Alright. So if I go with the Warshaper I'll need to either skip the 4th level ability or work two levels in before the cap. (1st level from Prestige Training, 2nd and 3rd from Capstone Training, 5th from Ultimate Mastery) I can work with that.

As for your second question, I would have to look at how the Beguiler works.  I will do that later this evening, but if you have an idea of how it SHOULD work, please let me know.

Basically like the Warmage with different spell schools. What I'd do with it is allow them to pick from the same pool they can with advanced learning as they level up.
    Ons/Offs - Updated 10/8/14 to reflect my switch to Liege and attempt a bit more clarity.
    Ideas

Jaded

Not sure I did this right, or if the class/alignment choices even work for the campaign, but here is what I came up with for my first idea.  She is more evil than I normally play, but may be interesting I suppose.

Character
    Tiefling  /  Ranger 1
    Rogue  1  /  Ranger 2
    Rogue  2  /  Ranger 3
    Rogue  3  /  Ranger 4
    Rogue  4  /  Ranger 5
    Rogue  5  /  Mortal Hunter 1

STR: 18/22 (+4/+6) INT: 18/18 (+4/+4)
    DEX: 22/22 (+6/+6) WIS: 15/15 (+2/+2)
    CON: 18/22 (+4/+4) CHA: 19/19 (+4/+4)

30ft'
    Darkvision 60'
    Lawful Evil

HP: 74
    AC: 21
    BAB: +6
    Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +3

SKILLS
    Bluff +13
      vs Mortal: +14
      vs Human:  +18
      vs ?:      +16
    Concentration +13
    Disable Device +11
    Hide +17
    Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +12
    Knowledge (Nature) +12
    Listen +13
    Move Silently +15
      with item: +20
    Search +13
    Sense Motive +7
      vs Mortal: +8
      vs Human:  +12
      vs ?:      +10
    Spot +13
    Survival +11
      vs Mortal: +12
      vs Human:  +16
      vs ?:      +14
    Use Rope +10

Languages: Common, Infernal, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Orc

FEATS
    Track: Survival to follow tracks
    Endurance: +4 to swim to resist nonlethal, con to continue running, con to avoid nonlethal from marching,
               con to hold breath, con to resist starving/dehydration, fort against cold/hot,
               fort against suffocation, and can sleep in light/medium armour
    Two-Weapon Fighting: -4/-4 or -2/-2 to duel wield
    Mortalbane, Darkness
    Alertness: +2 to listen and spot
    Capstone Training, Rogue (Sneak Attack +4d6)

Charming Touch:  (Special Ability, Standard Action, Cha + 3 per Day)  A Dark Maiden, upon stroking a male's exposed penis,
                     can cause a painful erection and a violent orgasm that causes him to be dazed for 1d4 rounds and shaken
                     for 1d8 rounds.
    Kundalini Training:
      Endurance:  A Dark Maiden does not roll for constitution when having sex.  Her endurance is nearly unlimited.
      Healing:  A Dark Maiden regains 1d8+1 hit points per hour of having sex.
      Sustenance:  A Dark Maiden is able to subsist on male ejaculate alone.
    Third Ring:  A Dark Maiden may pierce an additional magic ring to her clit.

RACE
    Darkness 1/d
    Resistance Cold, Electricity, Fire 5

SPELLS
    Delay Poison (Ranger)
    Mortal Hunter 1st, 1/day

CLASS
    Simple/Martial Weapons
    Light Armour/Shields
    Favoured Enemy, Humanoid (Human) +4/+4 to bluff, listen, sense motive, spot, survival, and damage
    Wild Empathy: Improve attitude of animals
    Combat Style, Two-Weapon Combat
    Animal Companion
    Favoured Enemy, Humanoid (?) +2/+2 to bluff, listen, sense motive, spot, survival, and damage
    Spells Per Day (1st) 0+1

Sneak Attack +4d6: if denied dex bonus to AC or flanking, extra damage
    Trapfinding: locate traps with dc higher than 20
    Evasion: No damage instead of half from reflex
    Trap Sense +1: +1 reflex and AC against traps
    Uncanny Dodge: Retains dex when flat-footed,

Mortal Hunting +1 to bluff, listen, sense motive, spot, survival, attack and damage vs mortals
    Mortal Skin (Humanoid): Graft flesh to body, can take any humanoid mortal form as per polymorph self.
                            exact individual permanent, same type 1 hour, other 10 minutes
    Spells Per Day (1st) 0+1

+2 Longsword: +2 Attack/Damage
    +2 Shortsword: +2 Attack/Damage
    +1 Dagger of Human Bane: +1 Attack/Damage, +3/+3 Attack/Damage and +2d6 damage vs Humans
    Ring of Sustenance: Provides nourishment, only 2 hours sleep per day
    Ring of Feather Falling: Auto-feather fall if fall more than 5 feet
    Belt of Giant Strength +4: +4 to strength
    Boots of Elvenkind: +5 to move silently
    Dark Maiden's Uniform:  Studded Leather +2 (Special)
        Glammered:  The wearer can alter the appearance of the armor with a thought. {Standard Action};
        Water-Breathing:  The wearer can breathe underwater.  {1 hour};
        Dark Maiden's Womb:  The wearer can store up to 30 lbs. of non-living matter within the uniform's dimensional compartment;
        Man's Envy:  The wearer can manifest a 14" penis.  Though it appears to be inanimate, the wearer feels it as if it were a part of her.
    The Royal Eye:  The Royal Eye is a telepathic communicator imbedded subcutaneously over the Agent's brow.  It allows long-distance communication with their handler.  The handler also has access over what the Agents see.

1873 gp unspent

ATTACKS
    Duel
    +2 Longsword/+2 Shortsword
      +12 to hit with Longsword, 1d8+8, 19-20/x2
      +12 to hit with Shortsword, 1d6+5, 19-20/x2
        VS MORTALS
      +13 to hit with Longsword, 1d8+9, 19-20/x2
      +13 to hit with Shortsword, 1d6+6, 19-20/x2
        VS HUMANS
      +13 to hit with Longsword, 1d8+13, 19-20/x2
      +13 to hit with Shortsword, 1d6+10, 19-20/x2
        VS ?
      +13 to hit with Longsword, 1d8+11, 19-20/x2
      +13 to hit with Shortsword, 1d6+8, 19-20/x2

Dagger
    +13 to hit with Dagger, 1d4+7, 19-20/x2
      VS MORTALS
    +14 to hit with Dagger, 1d4+8, 19-20/x2
      VS HUMANS
    +16 to hit with Dagger, 1d4+14+2d6, 19-20/x2
      VS ?
    +14 to hit with Dagger, 1d4+10, 19-20/x2

Ixy

Whoosh-- got a draft.  Not sure how accurate or correct it is, but dang!  Did my best for a first draft.

I'm hoping that this character will be fun for the party... a provocative tease, a believer in propriety, and a brazenly non-traditional Xen'drik expat.  She will challenge convention without being a complete slut, and she will preserve tradition in the most non-prudish ways imaginable.

Lix Zanik
    Portrait

Ixy

Sorry for the double-post... Jaded, that character seems really cool so far.  Love the portrait, too :)

Jaded

Thanks. :-)  Lix looks interesting as well. 

I need to note the page numbers, I'd like to swap out her animal companion for... something?  I need to come up with a name and background.  I need to decide on a second favoured enemy, but would need to know the sort of races she normally is facing.  Oh, also, where are flaws from?

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Vorian on November 29, 2014, 12:22:35 PM
    Alright. So if I go with the Warshaper I'll need to either skip the 4th level ability or work two levels in before the cap. (1st level from Prestige Training, 2nd and 3rd from Capstone Training, 5th from Ultimate Mastery) I can work with that.

Basically like the Warmage with different spell schools. What I'd do with it is allow them to pick from the same pool they can with advanced learning as they level up.

This sounds acceptable to me.

Quote from: Jaded on November 29, 2014, 04:57:49 PM
    Not sure I did this right, or if the class/alignment choices even work for the campaign, but here is what I came up with for my first idea.  She is more evil than I normally play, but may be interesting I suppose.

Character
    Tiefling  /  Ranger 1
    Rogue  1  /  Ranger 2
    Rogue  2  /  Ranger 3
    Rogue  3  /  Ranger 4
    Rogue  4  /  Ranger 5
    Rogue  5  /  Mortal Hunter 1

30ft'
    Darkvision 60'
    Lawful Evil

Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +3

SKILLS
    Bluff +13
    Concentration +13
    Disable Device +11
    Hide +17
    Knowledge (Nature) +12
    Listen +13
    Move Silently +15
    Search +13
    Sense Motive +7
      vs ?:      +10
    Spot +13
    Survival +11
      vs ?:      +14
    Use Rope +10

FEATS
    Endurance: +4 to swim to resist nonlethal, con to continue running, con to avoid nonlethal from marching,
    Mortalbane, Darkness

Charming Touch:  (Special Ability, Standard Action, Cha + 3 per Day)  A Dark Maiden, upon stroking a male's exposed penis,
                     can cause a painful erection and a violent orgasm that causes him to be dazed for 1d4 rounds and shaken
                     for 1d8 rounds.
    Kundalini Training:
      Endurance:  A Dark Maiden does not roll for constitution when having sex.  Her endurance is nearly unlimited.

RACE
    Darkness 1/d

SPELLS
    Delay Poison (Ranger)
    Mortal Hunter 1st, 1/day

CLASS
    Simple/Martial Weapons
    Light Armour/Shields
    Favoured Enemy, Humanoid (Human) +4/+4 to bluff, listen, sense motive, spot, survival, and damage
    Animal Companion
    Favoured Enemy, Humanoid (?) +2/+2 to bluff, listen, sense motive, spot, survival, and damage
    Spells Per Day (1st) 0+1

Mortal Hunting +1 to bluff, listen, sense motive, spot, survival, attack and damage vs mortals
    Mortal Skin (Humanoid): Graft flesh to body, can take any humanoid mortal form as per polymorph self.
                            exact individual permanent, same type 1 hour, other 10 minutes
    Spells Per Day (1st) 0+1

+1 Dagger of Human Bane: +1 Attack/Damage, +3/+3 Attack/Damage and +2d6 damage vs Humans
        Glammered:  The wearer can alter the appearance of the armor with a thought. {Standard Action};
        Dark Maiden's Womb:  The wearer can store up to 30 lbs. of non-living matter within the uniform's dimensional compartment;
        Man's Envy:  The wearer can manifest a 14" penis.  Though it appears to be inanimate, the wearer feels it as if it were a part of her.
    The Royal Eye:  The Royal Eye is a telepathic communicator imbedded subcutaneously over the Agent's brow.  It allows long-distance communication with their handler.  The handler also has access over what the Agents see.

1873 gp unspent

ATTACKS
    Duel
        VS MORTALS
        VS HUMANS
      +13 to hit with Longsword, 1d8+13, 19-20/x2
      +13 to hit with Shortsword, 1d6+10, 19-20/x2
        VS ?
      +13 to hit with Longsword, 1d8+11, 19-20/x2
      +13 to hit with Shortsword, 1d6+8, 19-20/x2

Dagger
      VS MORTALS
      VS HUMANS
    +16 to hit with Dagger, 1d4+14+2d6, 19-20/x2
      VS ?
    +14 to hit with Dagger, 1d4+10, 19-20/x2

I just LOVE your character, Jaded.  The game will open up with your character's resurrection.

I would like to add an additional element to your character's storyline.  Your sword, crafted in the Time of Demons, was sundered in battle against the Aundarian Terror.  It granted great gifts:  the power of flight, augur, and intelligence.  It cannot be repaired.

Quote from: Jaded on November 29, 2014, 07:14:29 PM
    Thanks. :-)  Lix looks interesting as well. 

I need to note the page numbers, I'd like to swap out her animal companion for... something?  I need to come up with a name and background.  I need to decide on a second favoured enemy, but would need to know the sort of races she normally is facing.  Oh, also, where are flaws from?

What would you like to swap it out with?  You will find that I am rather lenient.

Your character is regularly employed against mortal men.  If not against men, then against the undead or demons.  I will allow for the application of Ranger Bonuses to apply to the Undead.  Additionally, you may add the bonus to ATTACK, like in Pathfinder.  If you would like, we can CHOOSE your secondary "favored foe" each day, in the way that a wizard prepares her spells.

You may access flaws here:  http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/buildingCharacters/characterFlaws.htm

Additionally, you may create sexually-depraved flaws, such as:  Orgy Queen:  This character must participate in an orgy at least once a week.  Failure to do so will result in the character's inability to think.  She takes a -8 to INTELLIGENCE or WISDOM based checks until she can satisfy her carnal desire.

Quote from: Ixy on November 29, 2014, 05:56:35 PM
    Whoosh-- got a draft.  Not sure how accurate or correct it is, but dang!  Did my best for a first draft.

I'm hoping that this character will be fun for the party... a provocative tease, a believer in propriety, and a brazenly non-traditional Xen'drik expat.  She will challenge convention without being a complete slut, and she will preserve tradition in the most non-prudish ways imaginable.

Lix Zanik
    Portrait

I think you did a swell job!  I'm not sure what your second class is!  But that's okay.  It looks like you had fun making her.

I think that it's important, for the sake of character creation, to go over what a Dark Maiden is.  For that, I will introduce the group's Handler.

Name's Mercutio and I'm yer' handler.  You know that.  We've been workin' assignments since Pre-Galifar (*1).  Basically, I'm yer' little conscience, tickin' at the back of yer' mind, tellin' you when to zig left and zag right.  I'm pretty handy to have around.  Got a good mind for facts and stories.  You don't have any complaints.  An' I seen some of the business that you ladies get up to, so I'm not about to start complainin', either.  It makes fer' a steamy day at the office.

I'm all about the sultry bits of ancient history, but we don't really have to delve too far.  The Dark Maidens have been around for about four centuries.  They weren't always associated with the Royal Eyes of Aundair (*2).  Nah.  Truth is, they were just a bunch of high-end prostitutes, hired by the nobles of Aundair to satisfy them.  But folks, they usually don't spend too much time screwin'.  Folks chat.  They put on airs.  They give away secrets.  An' for that, well...  that was worth somethin' to the Eyes.

The Dark Maidens spent the first half of that century on their backs, while the men they pleased gave one secret away after the other.  Millions of souls were swallowed, ha ha ha, and thousands of secrets were spilled.  Then some smart bean-counter over at the Spycraft Bureau thought, "you know, if only we trained them to kill, we'd really cut out the middle man."

An' so we did.  It was hard goin' at first.  Lost a lot of ladies.  But sooner or later, the organization flourished into what it is today:  Aundair's most elite group of spies.

But what does it do?  Eh, still a lot of prostitutin'.  The organization courts and seduces powerful people.  Some of our agents are shakin' their asses at demons.  We got one unit in another dimension, but I probably shouldn't have mentioned that.  It's classified.  Our unit, though... well, our unit is the most ambitious. 

You ladies are the organization's hammer.  Got a guy that needs to go?  Aundair sends you.  Got an event that needs busted?  Aundair sends you.  Need a dumb trinket from the bottom of some pit?  Again, you.  Need an enemy to become our friend?  Well, guess what.  You better strap on yer' whore panties an'  sit on his cock, cus' Aundair needs you.

GM Note:  Mercutio is your friendly wise-cracking handler.  He is in the extraordinary position of intimately knowing your every action.  He has watched you fuck and kill.  Despite his rather off-putting humor and his depravity (he loves encouraging your characters whenever they are having weird sex, and complains when you are having normal sex), he's actually pretty decent at his job.

He essentially provides your characters with Appraisals, Knowledges, and Spellcraft.

*1:  GM Note:  This is an Eberronian idiom.  It basically means, "We have been working together for a long time."  Galifar was the King that united the five nations centuries ago.
    *2:  GM Note:  The Royal Eyes of Aundair are Aundair's secret spy service.  The machinations of the five kingdoms are not always direct, and none know better the political intrigues of the Houses and Nations than the Royal Eyes.
    Always seeking 5E games.
    O/O

Jaded

How about an Imp as her 'animal' companion?  However he has been bound in a strictly non-combat role.  He is a scout and occasional distraction, but will only fight to defend himself.  He would probably normally be in the form of a dog, or simply invisible.

PhantomPistoleer

Also!  I would like to quickly describe the Aundarian Terror.

Exus Kernfield was a highly decorated military officer in Her Majesty's Service, and served with distinction in the Great War.  He is an incredible swordsman, field tactician, and horse rider.  He was also the Queen's lover.  When she refused his hand in marriage, Exus dared to strike her.  He was immediately seized and imprisoned for his crime, but soon escaped.  Exus assembled a large army to depose the Queen, because, as he puts it, "if she will not have him as a Queen, then he will make her a peasant and force her to marry him."

Exus had a hand in training various Dark Maidens with the sword.  He enjoyed torturing his students, forcing them into humiliating situations and having his way with them, too.

Your characters would know that Exus is uncommonly gifted in that he is immune to the Dark Maiden's charming touch and that he possesses two (very large) penises.
    Always seeking 5E games.
    O/O

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Jaded on November 29, 2014, 09:17:01 PM
    How about an Imp as her 'animal' companion?  However he has been bound in a strictly non-combat role.  He is a scout and occasional distraction, but will only fight to defend himself.  He would probably normally be in the form of a dog, or simply invisible.

This is acceptable.  ^_^
    Always seeking 5E games.
    O/O

Ixy

Jaded

Still a bit of a work in progress, especially the background.

Character
    Tiefling  /  Ranger 1
    Rogue  1  /  Ranger 2
    Rogue  2  /  Ranger 3
    Rogue  3  /  Ranger 4
    Rogue  4  /  Ranger 5
    Rogue  5  /  Mortal Hunter 1 (BoVD 64)

Balentia Rhuleve

30ft'
    Darkvision 60'
    Lawful Evil

Fort +7, Ref +12, Will +3

SKILLS
    Bluff +13
      vs Undead: +16
    Concentration +13
    Disable Device +11
    Hide +17
    Knowledge (Nature) +12
    Listen +13
    Move Silently +15
    Search +13
    Sense Motive +7
      vs Undead: +10
    Spot +13
    Survival +11
      vs Undead: +14
    Use Rope +10

FEATS
    Poison Immunity, Carrion Crawler Brain Juice (BoVD 49)
    Lightning Reflexes
    Mortalbane, Darkness (BoVD 49)

for 1d8 rounds.
    Kundalini Training:

FLAWS
    Meager Fortitude (-3 on Fort saves)
    Addiction, Vodare (BoVD 43)

RACE
    Darkness 1/d

SPELLS
    Delay Poison (Ranger)
    Mortal Hunter 1st, 1/day (BoVD 66)

CLASS
    Simple/Martial Weapons
    Light Armour/Shields
    Favoured Enemy, Humanoid (Human) +4/+4 to bluff, listen, sense motive, spot, survival, attack, and damage
    Animal Companion, Imp
    Favoured Enemy, Humanoid (Undead) +2/+2 to bluff, listen, sense motive, spot, survival, attack, and damage
    Spells Per Day (1st) 0+1

Mortal Hunting +1 to bluff, listen, sense motive, spot, survival, attack and damage vs mortals (BoVD 65)
                            exact individual permanent, same type 1 hour, other 10 minutes (BoVD 65)
    Spells Per Day (1st) 0+1 (BoVD 65)

30 doses of Vodare  (BoVD 43)
    2 doses Carrion Crawler Brain Juice

273 gp unspent

ATTACKS
    Duel
        VS MORTALS
        VS HUMANS
      +17 to hit with Longsword, 1d8+13, 19-20/x2
      +17 to hit with Shortsword, 1d6+10, 19-20/x2
        VS UNDEAD
      +15 to hit with Longsword, 1d8+11, 19-20/x2
      +15 to hit with Shortsword, 1d6+8, 19-20/x2

Dagger
      VS MORTALS
      VS HUMANS
    +20 to hit with Dagger, 1d4+14+2d6, 19-20/x2
      VS UNDEAD
    +16 to hit with Dagger, 1d4+10, 19-20/x2

Balentia Rhuleve

Balentia isn’t entirely sure who her father is, or her mother.  She remembers a kindly old man who taught her to beg and steal, and remembers slitting the throat of those that killed him.  She grew up on the streets, despised for her tainted blood.  She was sixteen when she was arrested for murder.  She’d been paid a couple of silver to kill some merchant, a meagre amount for a life, but a fortune to a street urchin.

The sentence was death, until a man with a bit of clout and an eye for the useful found her.  He made her swear only to kill in the Queen’s service, then handed her over for training.

Balentia despised training, and all those who trained her.  She only stuck with it due to the threat of the death penalty, the promise of wealth, and the desire to learn.  She became a master hunter and rogue, even going so far as to harness the darkness within her to strike at those she began to view as lesser. 

Rozerucazielemehael the Imp was bound to Balentia’s service as a scout and spy.  He has been with her for several years, and while he hates her and his enforced servitude, he has shown himself to be of use.  He prefers to take the form of a vicious looking street dog, and is rarely far from Balentia’s location.  ‘Aziel’ will obey most orders, though due to the terms of the contract will refuse to engage in combat or assist her when she is in trouble.  He is a scout and spy, nothing more.  As with all of his kind, he enjoys twisting his orders as much as possible. 

Death has taken its toll on Balentia, and she just isn’t quite as durable as she used to be.

Balentia is addicted to the drug Vodare, and due to horrible memories of her training and defeat at the hands of Exus, finds it extremely difficult to get aroused, let alone orgasm, without being under its influence.  She will use her body if needed, but prefers to avoid it whenever possible. 

Balentia once had a much more powerful sword, however it was destroyed in her battle with Exus. 

Balentia would consider herself evil, and is not above breaking laws in the service of the Queen.  However, in general she tries to obey the law.  The crimes she commits are approved by royalty and, therefore, in her mind are lawful.  The one thing that Balentia will never violate is her given word. 

A tiefling by birth, Balentia spends most of her time in a human form.  She tends to take skin from those she kills, and magically grafts it to herself.  Her default form is no longer her own, but rather that of an attractive young noblewoman that was eighteen when she was executed for treason. 

PhantomPistoleer

I haven't received Vorian's character sheet (or name), but I started the game.  Vorian, your character's nickname--at least, to Mercutio--is the Other.

We'll figure out why later.  ^_^

The game is:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=218595.0
    Always seeking 5E games.
    O/O

Vorian

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on November 30, 2014, 01:21:19 AM
    I haven't received Vorian's character sheet (or name), but I started the game.  Vorian, your character's nickname--at least, to Mercutio--is the Other.

We'll figure out why later.  ^_^

The game is:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=218595.0

I'll get her up today. Mechanics are 90% done, mostly need to format and pick out a name and picture - probably her default human form, good changelings are hard to find. Possible flaw could be inability to take male form, which could also be the source of her grudge against Exus.
    Ideas

Vorian

Mostly done, still working out a few details. Not sure yet whether to invest in a primary weapon or Batman it.

Possible Changeling form with Warshaper enhancements

Elf form for when she wants to draw less attention
    Ideas

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Vorian on November 30, 2014, 03:47:52 PM
    Mostly done, still working out a few details. Not sure yet whether to invest in a primary weapon or Batman it.

Possible Changeling form with Warshaper enhancements

Elf form for when she wants to draw less attention

I'm so pleased that all of you chose such wonderful pictures.  ^_^
    Always seeking 5E games.
    O/O

Vorian

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on November 30, 2014, 01:21:19 AM

Hmm ... I would say that would tie into how her personality shifts between forms and possibly her having multiple public identities. Elf form gets called by her birth name, combat form or referring to her more generally gets the nickname.

Should we have an OOC thread?
    Ideas