OOC: City of Magic

Started by lollipop, September 03, 2009, 03:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lollipop

This thread is open to anyone who wishes to play with me and any type of characters that the great city has to offer. Though, a teacher Mage would be the perfect character for mine to interact with.

The setting is a Medieval fantasy kingdom, centering around the great city (where the ruling class reside) which is the hub of the kingdom.

ninnyblack

I would love to take part in this with you but I would love to be a stucent also
Ninny's on's and Off's

Back online and enjoying every minute of it!

lollipop

That would be fine ... we could always NPC an instructor. :)

Byakuya23

Hi hi, :-) . Wouldn't mind playing an instructor in that scenario. I'd have to brush up on my nearly non exsistant knowledge of magical lore though. Could my character secretely detest the ruling classes?
People cant defeat loneliness- Gaara

lollipop

Quote from: Byakuya23 on September 05, 2009, 12:53:39 PM
Hi hi, :-) . Wouldn't mind playing an instructor in that scenario. I'd have to brush up on my nearly non exsistant knowledge of magical lore though. Could my character secretely detest the ruling classes?

Your character could be however you would want him to be. He could like or dislike whatever you want him too. That's the best part, individuality.

Beautiful Poison

I wouldn't mind joining as well. I've got a character in mind but I'd like to ask if you have any specific guide lines for this particular RP? any races or professions that you don't want?  :-)

~ Salice
Reply Status N/A. ( Updated 19/01/2024 )
Posting Frequency - N/A
Availability - Not Accepting New Stories

Returned
A bit about Me - Ons/Offs - Story Requests - Absences and Apologizes 
"I'm the total package that got fucked up in shipping and handling"

lollipop

Quote from: Salice Ronsharii on September 05, 2009, 01:54:01 PM
I wouldn't mind joining as well. I've got a character in mind but I'd like to ask if you have any specific guide lines for this particular RP? any races or professions that you don't want?  :-)

~ Salice

To be honest, no. My character is from a very sheltered village, so I'm sure she's never seen anyone very different from herself and would welcome any type of person. It is, a city of magic so I'm sure all sorts of things are about. :)

Beautiful Poison

Right on! Great!  ;D  Love the open invitation to be creative.

~ Salice
Posting Frequency - N/A

Returned

lollipop

Quote from: Salice Ronsharii on September 05, 2009, 01:57:58 PM
Right on! Great!  ;D  Love the open invitation to be creative.

~ Salice

Creativity, individuality, and originality are all what makes it fun.

Beautiful Poison

One last thing I forgot to ask. Does this city have a name, a history at all I should know about?
Posting Frequency - N/A

Returned

lollipop

Quote from: Salice Ronsharii on September 05, 2009, 02:29:29 PM
One last thing I forgot to ask. Does this city have a name, a history at all I should know about?

I was just going to call it The Great City, as I thought that giving it an assigned name would get confusing for some players in a group roleplay environment. However, the little bit of history is has (such as the Kings) are listed in my first post.

ninnyblack

I am wondering would it be alright if my character is a shaprshifter? If not thats ok. I was thinking it could be a shapeshifter and a mage at the same time
Ninny's on's and Off's

lollipop

Quote from: ninnyblack on September 05, 2009, 02:54:01 PM
I am wondering would it be alright if my character is a shaprshifter? If not thats ok. I was thinking it could be a shapeshifter and a mage at the same time

I don't see why not. :-)

ninnyblack

Ninny's on's and Off's

Beautiful Poison

There posted with only maybe one or two errors. *thumbs up* Hope you don't mind a lack of a bio. My characters stories only come out through RPing  ;D

~ Salice
Posting Frequency - N/A

Returned

lollipop

Awesome, both of you.

Salice, wonderfully done. I'll try to get a response up sometime tonight ... though it may be tomorrow.

ninnyblack

Quote from: lollipop on September 05, 2009, 03:36:57 PM
Awesome, both of you.

Salice, wonderfully done. I'll try to get a response up sometime tonight ... though it may be tomorrow.
I hopefully will have her bio posted asap! 
Ninny's on's and Off's

Beautiful Poison

Just a heads up that I'll be gone for some of tomorrow and maybe all of Monday. Since I can't really post while I'm at work, most of my stuff on the weekdays will be in the evenings.  :-)

Hope that isn't a problem.

~ Salice
Posting Frequency - N/A

Returned

lollipop

Quote from: Salice Ronsharii on September 05, 2009, 10:30:44 PM
Just a heads up that I'll be gone for some of tomorrow and maybe all of Monday. Since I can't really post while I'm at work, most of my stuff on the weekdays will be in the evenings.  :-)

Hope that isn't a problem.

~ Salice

That's fine, my posting can be erratic at times (my schedule is). However, I'll post daily.

Beautiful Poison

Saw the new post. I'll try and have something up tomorrow after work. I'm crashing for the night. But great post, gives me some ideas.  ;D

~ Sal
Posting Frequency - N/A

Returned

BigBadWolf

Hi! Can I also join in? I would play a teacher, an undead necromancer to be more specific.

I'm new here, still waiting my approval. My native language is not English, so maybe I would do some mistakes in my post. If is that okay I'll join in gladly.
My On's and Off's    (3rd November 2019)
Game ideas Currently searching for new partners

lollipop

Quote from: BigBadWolf on September 08, 2009, 01:55:22 PM
Hi! Can I also join in? I would play a teacher, an undead necromancer to be more specific.

I'm new here, still waiting my approval. My native language is not English, so maybe I would do some mistakes in my post. If is that okay I'll join in gladly.

Expand a bit on "undead necromancer". Would you character be undead? I'm a bit confused as I was under the impression a necromancer was someone who talked to the dead, or rather spirits of the dead.

My visions for City of Magic weren't very dark or goth, but rather a Freeform fantasy and I would prefer to keep it that way.

BigBadWolf

Yes usually necromancer are alive. In this case he was alive. During a battle he had got a deadly wound, and the only way he could survive, if he bonds his spirit to his dying body. In the process he lost the most of his power, but he managed to keep the ability to cast spells, and in time with a lot of work maybe he can be as powerfull as once he was. Of coarse he has enough power and experience to be a teacher.

The City of Magic don't have to be dark or goth because of this character. I've read the game, and I can picture the city, and it is good that way. Anyway this character usually would stay in the school, and almost never go out.

One more thing. This character wouldn't be evil. Dark yes, but not evil.
My On's and Off's    (3rd November 2019)
Game ideas Currently searching for new partners

lollipop

Quote from: BigBadWolf on September 08, 2009, 03:20:33 PM
Yes usually necromancer are alive. In this case he was alive. During a battle he had got a deadly wound, and the only way he could survive, if he bonds his spirit to his dying body. In the process he lost the most of his power, but he managed to keep the ability to cast spells, and in time with a lot of work maybe he can be as powerfull as once he was. Of coarse he has enough power and experience to be a teacher.

The City of Magic don't have to be dark or goth because of this character. I've read the game, and I can picture the city, and it is good that way. Anyway this character usually would stay in the school, and almost never go out.

One more thing. This character wouldn't be evil. Dark yes, but not evil.

~nods~

Then carry on. At my last check, Ninnyblack's character was currently knocking at the door of the school (as Sil and Sarai aren't there, currently). That would be a great opportunity for you to play. :)

Byakuya23

:-) Okay, got my character up. Im quite new to rp, so  don't hesitate to pm me if anything I say bothers you or with suggestions. 
People cant defeat loneliness- Gaara