Marvel Apocalypse Rpg: Interest Thread

Started by VoluptuousVixen, August 31, 2015, 08:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garuss Vakarian

Zephyr would be cool. ^^ . And unique since, I have never seen her role played before.

Elven Sex Goddess

Second Character submission;

Zephyr

Original (Unknown) Alias; Chantal Le'Vent
Age:  Apparent  Mid early 20's,  Actual over 4000 years old
Sexual Orientation:  Bi-Sexual
Affiliation:  Elementals.

Appearance in heroine identity:

Appearances in civilian identity:

Face claim:  Gabrielle Union

History:   The origin of Zephyr is lost in antiquity of the past.   Some four thousands years ago,  a mere serving wench in a  inn.   She was approach to be the fourth and final deity of the elements of wind.   Her true name of so long ago is lost through the passage of time to the rest of the world.   

She would turn on the other elementals to aid humanity.    Yet the most significant chapter in her history is with the Odin son Thor.

The Collector's words on the Zephyr
QuoteThousands of years ago Zephyr stole the Seduction Ruby from Thor. He chased after her and when he caught her the two fell in love. When they made love the earth almost split in two from the combination of their passion and power, so they parted ways. Years later Zephyr and the Elementals are captured by the Collector. Zephyr uses her ruby she stole from Thor to as a bargaining chip with the Collector into letting her roam free in his museum. When Thor arrives on the Collector's space museum Zephyr is friendly and amicable but it is a rouse as she aids Collector in entrapping him. 

Reminiscing later about her past with the Thunder god, her love for Thor surpasses her loyalty to the Collector and she tinges of regret. Thor eventually escapes and Zephyr decides to instead help and aid him in his mission to stop Ego and Alter Ego, two living planets from destorying earth and each other. The Collector realizes he has been seduced and betrayed and punishes  and tricks Zephyr into a black hole. She emerges 600 years in the past and on the other side of the universe. She gets back to the warring planets just in time to save Thor and to reconstruct Alter Ego. She is last seen leaving with Ego and Alter Ego to tour the universe looking for their destiny.

Since then Zephyr has made it back to the current time continuum.  She has been a ally of Ms Marvel aiding the said super heroine in her adventures  from time to time.   While she still holds a deep love for Thor Odinson.   

For the past decade  Zephyr has been living in New York city,  taking the mortal name of Chantal Le'Vent.  The name her surname is a play on her element.   Le'Vent meaning in French language 'the wind'.  Working at the current prominent in fashion night club that is current at the time in the Big Apple.   Posing as a mere mortal.

Powers:  Agility, Attractive Female, Healing, Illusion Casting, Immortal, Invulnerability, Longevity, Mesmerize, Psychic, Stamina, Super Strength, Wind Bursts.

More Collector's thoughts
QuoteAs an Elemental Zephyr possesses powerful wind and air elemental powers. She also has a degree of psychic powers and abilities allowing her to manipulate energy generally to an unknown extent.  She is also immortal having lived many centuries with no visible signs of aging. Resistant to diseases and conventional forms of injury. Physically powerful and robust when compared to an ordinary human. Her powers can be amplified by the Ruby Scarab. Zephyr can also open dimensional portals.   

Abilities and Training: Despite the countless centuries of being as a immortal.   Zephyr has not really advanced herself beyond the skills of a serving wench.   Her power intoxicating often a crutch to fall back upon.   (Original native language; Old Nubian;  known additional languages,  Coptic  (old Egyptian),  Greek,  Phoenician (Ancient Persian),  Vulgar Latin,  French,  English.)  In addition to those seven languages of which over half are dead languages, Zephyr knows five more of extraterrestrial languages.   Of all the languages including her native,  she only has the ability to read and write in two.  One basic rudimentary French and English at the level of a forth grader.   As she found serving in the modern era required her to have some proficiency with the ability to read and write.

Weakness:  The lack of skills other then a dozen or so languages picked up are quite apparent.   

Equipment: Scarab Ruby

Juggtacular

Hey guys. I'll be taking over as Cap, and bringing in Blue Marvel as well. Because the ladies deserve to get to see super Idris Elba, lol.

Caradoc

Quote from: Juggtacular on September 21, 2015, 10:33:18 PM
Hey guys. I'll be taking over as Cap, and bringing in Blue Marvel as well. Because the ladies deserve to get to see super Idris Elba, lol.

Jean Grey is too powerful but Blue Marvel is fair game? How does that work?
So tell me do you wanna go?
Where it's covered in all the colored lights
Where the runaways are running the night
Impossible comes true, it's taking over you

My Ons and Offs

A/A's Updated 1/25/17

Cal1496

Quote from: Caradoc on September 22, 2015, 06:13:00 AM

Jean Grey is too powerful but Blue Marvel is fair game? How does that work?

Could also be the GM has a specific use in mind for Jean and didn't want her picked up. Meanwhile Blue Marvel,  I mean...Come on lol

VoluptuousVixen

Blue Marvel does have weaknesses, he isn't up to the God level of Sentry and Jean Grey.

Besides my reservations with those two characters come from problems with other past group experiences.

I don't like when players introduce characters to the mix and suddenly all the action has to revolve around them as players.
Meaning if jean grey throws a hissy fit everyone had to pay attention because its the frigging Phoenix.

Also it depends on who requests the character and I know Jugg is a skilled and fair minded player. Meaning I trust him with Blue Marvel but other players given my history with them I might say no.

That sounds harsh but i`m been honest.

Im really happy with the group so far and will be happy to see the game grow.

If we are missing anything its the Marvel Knight characters like say Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones, Misty Knight, Elektra, Punisher (marvels Netflix cast) those characters are a big part of the marvel mythos and it would be cool to see some of them.

Crowe

Not to beat a dead horse, but I'm very familiar with Jean Grey, more than any other comics character. That's why I asked for her specifically, and I wouldn't have her whole plot revolve around "I CAN"T CONTROL IT!" :P I did mention that I could play her without her cosmic powers ((although someone should be able to stand up to the likes of Scarlet Witch)). And I mean, since we're being honest, I feel like I wasn't even given a chance to prove that.

But I'm not saying that to be let in. Just expressing my position. I sincerely hope you guys have fun. I'll go find something else. No problem ;)

Juggtacular

Marvel and Thor are in the same league, Marvel's creator even directly compared him to Thor and Hulk. Quasar is pretty powerful as well when the Q-Bands are used properly. Same goes for Ms. Marvel who herself has some pretty awesome showings and can always go Binary. I'm not trying to make an op uber fighter or something or break the game.  I enjoy BM as a character and even guys like him and Thor take beatings, so it'll happen.

Also with Bruce gone, another genius coordinating with Tony wouldn't hurt.

Caradoc

Didn't mean to start a mini-debate about Blue Marvel vs Jean Grey. Sorry.

That to one side, far as the Marvel Knights types go, I'm a huge Moon Knight fan. I'd take him as a second if that's allowed/desirable.
So tell me do you wanna go?
Where it's covered in all the colored lights
Where the runaways are running the night
Impossible comes true, it's taking over you

My Ons and Offs

A/A's Updated 1/25/17

Juggtacular

Quote from: Caradoc on September 22, 2015, 02:00:58 PM
Didn't mean to start a mini-debate about Blue Marvel vs Jean Grey. Sorry.

That to one side, far as the Marvel Knights types go, I'm a huge Moon Knight fan. I'd take him as a second if that's allowed/desirable.

By the power of Khonshu!

vatovie

My second is crazy powerful but is showing up way later in the game. Darwin after he marries death. So he has her powers as well as his own.

PhantomPistoleer

CHARACTER NAME: The Immortal Iron Fist
SEXUAL ORIENTATION: Heterosexual
AFFILIATION: Avengers,

COSTUME:

APPERANCE WITHOUT COSTUME:

POWERS/ABILITIES:
Chi Manipulation:  Through concentration, Iron Fist can harness his spiritual energy, or chi, to augment his physical and mental capabilities to peak human levels. By focusing his chi into his hand, he can tap the superhuman energy of Shou-Lao and temporarily render his fist superhumanly powerful, immune to pain and injury; however, this process is mentally draining, and he usually needs recovery time before he can repeat it. Iron Fist can heal himself of any injury or illness and project this power to heal others. He can sense mystic energy, particularly that which is related to K'un-Lun. He is capable of fusing his consciousness with that of another person, enabling each to perceive the other's emotions and memories. He has unusually keen eyesight, but it is unclear if it extends to superhuman level. His entire body is oriented to combat, enabling him to adapt to any environment with minimal exposure. At times, he has absorbed energy directed at himself and channeled it to augment his own power. Under certain circumstances, he can even focus his chi to create nexus points between dimensions.

Martial Artist:  Iron Fist is an exceptional athlete, acrobat, and hand-to-hand combatant. He is a master of all of K'un-Lun's martial arts and many of Earth's, trained in the use of virtually all martial arts weapons. He has near-complete control over his nervous system, enabling him to deaden himself to pain.

WEAKNESSES:  Though he wields great power, Rand is still only a human, and is incapable of withstanding the same blows that his more powerful allies can withstand.

HISTORY:  Daniel Rand is the son of Wendell Rand who had, as a youth, visited the mystic city of K'un-Lun, which materialized in the Himalayas once a decade. Founded roughly a million years ago by extraterrestrials, K'un-Lun was co-ruled by the aliens' descendants and powerful beings called the Dragon Kings who were themselves subject to the godlike sorcerer Master Khan.

Wendell had saved the life of K'un-Lun's ruler Lord Tuan, who adopted as his heir, to the resentment of Tuan's son, Yu-Ti. During his time in K'un-Lun, Wendell married a woman named Shakari and fathered a daughter, Miranda Rand-K'ai. At some point, Rand won ritual combat against Davos, son of K'un-Lun's greatest warrior, Lei Kung the Thunderer, which entitled him to claim the power of Shou-Lao the Undying, a man transformed into a mystic serpent over a thousand years ago by the Dragon King Chiantang; however, although great K'un-Lun warriors had periodically wielded Shou-Lao's power as the Iron Fist, Rand declined the power. Ten years after coming to K'un-Lun, was showing Shakari the restored nexus when Yu-Ti's men attacked them. Shakari was slain, and the grief-stricken Wendall returned to Earth. Within a year, he became a successful businessman and married Heather Duncan. In his absence, Lord Tuan died and became ruler of Feng-Tu, abode of K'un-Lun's departed spirits; leaving Yu-Ti to rule K'un-Lun, while Lei Kung, shamed by Davos' defeat, banished his son to Earth.

When Daniel Rand was nine, at roughly the time K'un-Lun was scheduled to materialize, his father decided to bring him and Heather to K'un-Lun. Accompanied by Rand's business partner Harold Meachum, they traveled to the Himalayas, but Wendell fell from a mountain ledge; clutching the edge, he called to Meachum for help, but Meachum, hoping to control Rand's business shares, caused Wendell to plunge to his death. Shortly afterward, Heather sacrificed her life to protect Daniel from a wolf pack, and her spirit ascended to Feng-Tu. The denizens of K'un-Lun found Daniel and took him in, while a frostbite-crippled Meachum learned of Daniel's survival and spent the next decade preparing elaborate defenses against future attack.

Vowing to avenge his parents, Daniel Rand studied martial arts under Lei Kung the Thunderer, while growing up in K'un-Lun. His closest friends were Miranda Rand-K'ai, whom he did not know was his half-sister, and a K'un-Lun boy named Conal D'hu-Tsien. At nineteen, requested and earned an opportunity to win the power of the Iron Fist by confronting Shou-Lao the Undying, whose power resided within a flaming brazier, slew Shou-Lao, a feat no other warrior had ever accomplished, by pressing his chest to the dragon's, cutting it off from the life energy it absorbed from it's heart, which resided in a nearby brazier. This resulted in a dragon-shaped brand on his chest. He then plunged his hands into the brazier containing the dragon's heart, and gained the power of the Iron Fist.

PERSONALITY: The 66th Iron Fist is an odd blend between a monk and a skater.

EQUIPMENT:  The Immortal Iron Fist prefers to fight unarmed.

KNOWN ENEMIES:  Ch'i-Lin, Chaka, Chiangtang the Black Dragon
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

VoluptuousVixen