It's about to get weird (All pairings, LGBT preferred)

Started by dwarfstar91, May 17, 2021, 11:05:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwarfstar91

Hi! I'm 30sF somewhere in EST looking for a partner who is interested in writing long-term, character-focused plots with a lot of action and a big dose of romance. I am open for all sorts of genres but urban fantasy/supernatural is my personal favorite at the moment.

If we are already writing I am not ditching you! just picking up a few more plots.

I am open to any pairing but prefer the LGBT shit. Please do not contact me if you are a man who specifically wants to write with women, if this is you we aren't going to mesh well. I appreciate those who respect my boundaries, time, and space. Please read my O/Os because it gives a good idea of what I will and will not write about.

Please be over 21, and preferably over 25.

At the moment the following really appeals to me (stars next to the things that appeal to me the most):

-Two himbos feeding off each others' energies*
-Cultural clashes
-Characters with very different upbringings
-Arranged marriages
-Soulmates
-Situations where one character has to mentor the other a little

My o/os can be found in my signature for some more things about my posting speed, my likes and dislikes, etc. I'm pretty flexible on a lot of it. Jump below this post for some plot ideas, fresh and ready!

Please come at me with your own ideas. I am super willing to make new OCs for good writers. My DMs are always open!

dwarfstar91

Plot Ideas

Stars next to plots I am craving atm

The peasant's sacrifice*** (fantasy)
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Muse A is the ruler of the kingdom, which is experiencing a famine. Muse B is a peasant, who blames Muse A for the current problems their village is experiencing. Muse B convinces Muse A to come live in their village for a short time, and discovers that Muse A is not the selfish, spoiled monarch everyone assumes them to be--in truth Muse A does not want the throne at all.

Magic college (fantasy, modern)
Basically like the magicians but not the magicians. Magic is dangerous and difficult to use, characters face an existential threat. This is not a very fleshed out idea and would need communication from both of us to flesh out.

Childhood Friends re-met (post-apocalyptic) (modern)
Muse A and Muse B were friends throughout their childhood. Through the years they have grown apart from one another, and haven't spoken since high school. An apocalyptic disaster leads to them having to work together to survive, and they discover they get along just as well as they did all those years ago...and that maybe their feelings aren't so platonic.

Kingdom Magic (fantasy)
A talented magician catches the eye of the king’s court officer. It is discovered over time that the magician is on the run from their home kingdom, which jeopardizes peace in both.

One day we meet (modern, supernatural, slice of life ish)
Muse A is a brilliant mathematician who spends most of his days studying at the local coffeeshop. Muse B is a barista who takes an interest in them. Unknown to muse A, muse B is some kind of supernatural being

The worst kind of premonition (slice of life, modern, light)
Muse A works as an online medium selling fortunes to the desperate. Muse B is their best friend, who disapproves of their antics. Little does muse B know that muse A's powers are real...and they've recently seen something terrible in muse B's future.

The wrong kind of summoning (light, modern, supernatural)
Muse A is a musician who wants to get rich and famous, quick. What better way than to summon a demon? Unfortunately for them, muse B is not interested in buying souls...but they might be willing to help in exchange for a way out of hell.

dwarfstar91

Writing samples

I am putting these here because I haven't posted a lot on the forum, and thought folks might like to get a taste of what I'm about. I'm not sure if they really belong here and not my O/Os but I'll leave them here for now.

"All of this magic shit is what you signed up for, Jonathan."

Elijah's voice was equally as sharp.

"Yeah, you're willing to murder us in cold blood but I guess the second one of us looks nice all bets are off and it's fine as long as I don't act too much like I can cast. This is what I am. It's what I was yesterday and the day before. I have always been this, and I can't be anything else any more than you can decide not to be an orc. And I fucking can't believe I slept with you."

Elijah sounded disgusted with himself. He stood, movements jerky, too quick. Not the smooth, supple movements of a master archer, of someone who knew the land better than his own body. But he was angry. He could not remember the last time he was this angry. It blotted out everything else, and all at once it felt like his connection to all of it had severed.

"I'm packing up the tent. Do whatever the fuck you feel like. Sorry for saving your life last night, even though apparently what I am is evil. Or are you worried I used magic to do that, too?"

He hadn't. He wasn't a competent enough caster. But he hoped that stung.

Tobias Elderthorne didn't have much he was afraid of, but staring across the room at this man, he thought it might be close. It didn't make sense for him to be. He was a seasoned war general, leader of a dozen difficult battles, well-renowned for his strategy. He had failed to flinch at a lot more. Swords pointed directly into his face. Scorching fireballs that laid waste to what is in front of him. He'd been captured once, and even that had not scared him, though it had been the end of it. He'd come home with an evil-looking scar, a hitch in his right hip, and a wicked reputation, and Tobias had wondered why they ever let the only heir to the throne out on a battlefield in the first place. He ran a hand through his already-greying hair.

The man sitting across from him was...decidedly not any of those things. Short, dark hair, soft expression. Not the kind of person he would have had any reason to fear...but he was not marrying any of those people. He clearly had not been in the field, not in any way Tobias could see, though he had been surprised by lesser men. This one was a mystery.

In the end his father's death had forced his hand.

The ceremony had been brief, just them and their parents, onlookers locked outside the castle gates for fear of mutiny, or worse, assassination. A peace treaty meant to unite their kingdoms and bring a new era of peacetime, brokered mostly because Arenon teetered on the bridge of civil war. Too many of Tobias' people were tired of the fighting, and he did not blame them.

He had done what was necessary to protect his people, just like he always did.

"Second in line to the throne of Arenon," he said. "I'm going to guess this wasn't what you grew up dreaming of."

He swirled the wine in his goblet around.

dwarfstar91

A few plots removed (who am I, the ranch hands one), a few added (kingdom magicians, shifters). Have at it!

dwarfstar91

Added a few slice of life plots, removed the ones that have since been filled.