Searching for Co-GM to help finish an idea!

Started by bluemoon, September 20, 2012, 04:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluemoon

So, all I have is a very rough idea. I need someone who is willing to work with me to complete the idea and get it RP-ready. There are a couple possible ways it can take;

Completely freeform- no real systems to regulate stuff aside from the usual "don't god-mod".

Partial System- Levels and such give general ideas of who has the upper hand.

System RP- Levels, stats, and the like are created to make a much more structured battle style. This would allow dice rolls and such to determine hits/misses/crits/etc.

Next on the list, I have a base line for the RP but that's it. It needs more development.

Basically, a few select people receive an alert on their 'smart phones' and like devices. A new Beta test for a special app is out, and they've been invited to try it! The makers are an unknown company going by " EtherCorp". Those who decide to keep the new 'app' on their device are soon taken to a screen telling them about Espers, ethereal beings who 'live among us' on an invisible plane. They're born of weather, feelings, and thoughts. Of course, it's all just a game though, right? Anyway, these 'Espers' are being studied, and so need to be fought and captured for it. At times, negative Espers overrun areas spreading their negative thoughts and feelings. EtherCorp then hires you with missions to fight off the negative Espers, and restore balance in the 'EtherSphere'. You're then given a choice of an Esper to be your partner to help fight, capture, and defeat new Espers.

The mobile device now acts as a scanner, and radar. It allows you to walk about, tracking down rogue Espers in the area. When you're close enough, the screen acts as the medium between our realm and the Ethereal realm. This way, you can see the Esper as well as your own, and battle it. Once a creature is "disposed" of, it turns into a form of data, and is transferred to your device. You can then take the device to stations located around the city to print off a special card. The card is sometimes of the creature battled, in which case you can then scan it and add it to your arsenal of Espers or transfer it to data and add it as experience to your own Esper.

Either way, an Esper card can only be scanned once. Still, they prove to be collectibles in the real world, a card game being developed around them and tournaments being held. For item cards and power up cards, this can be a good way for EtherCorp 'employees' to get useful items (and win cash!). As time passes, new technology comes out allowing cards to be printed on the spot, and even allowing Espers to become more tangible. After a while, the boundaries between the EtherSphere and our own may even be diminished...how long will it take those with the app to realize, this is more than a game?

I know it sucks currently XD hence why I need someone to help me develop it! Please post or message me if interested in helping with development, or even if it at all sounds interesting to RP.
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

azzmeister89

TheHangedOne

I'd be willing to work on this with you as well, if you wanted a third wheel. Or just some choice, though Azz is pretty good, from what I've seen.

I have a question, then. is this more like PokeMon or more like Devil Survivor?
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

azzmeister89

Thanks hanged, your pretty good yourself, it looks like a mix of mega man, yugioh, pokemon and digimon tamers

TheHangedOne

It does indeed. I can't help but wish it was more like Devil Survivor though.  :-) And thank you.
Check out my poet tree!

azzmeister89

Your very welcome, although i dont know what devil survivor is i'm afraid

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

bluemoon

Not gonna lie, never heard of that game before. Anyway, yoy're both welcome to help if you like! We could start a group PM if you like so that we can talk over ideas. If you have any, send them my way!
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake