ReckFord Cannibalism

Started by chanellelynn, July 28, 2010, 02:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chanellelynn

We set the scene in a small mountain town that is cut off from the main city. A town that was discovered by those who wished to not participate in the modern hustle and bustle city. This is not an amish town no, we still have all the same things those city folk have. We just enjoy quiet.

The folk living here is rather nicer than most people you'd meet anywhere else, we enjoy each others company and greet each other in passing. Where everyone knows each others name and secrets.

Lately the night falls have become darker in our village due to the new plant the city nearest us has put up. The steam and smog billowing out every day covers the sky preventing the stars from shining and lighting our streets. The plant is a mystery, not even the cities people know what it exactly does. Rumors are it is an experimental facility using chemicals to "Cure" disease. We don't know for sure.
C.E Corp. wishes to offer us a deal though. This company wants us to subject ourselves to private experiments in exchange of money. Many of us denied due to our respect for ourself and the community. Those who did go, well, we have not seen them since.  It has been a month when the offer stood for grabs and most of our younger generations have taken upon themselves to gain more riches. The curious thing though, none of us were told what the experiment would be, or what it was going to do.

As far as we know, there has been some reaccuring deaths in the nearby woods of our small town Reckford. Brutal maulings of city folk and injuries done by mysterious animal like creatures. Most of the time it has happened during the night, those who came back couldnt describe what attacked them other than long moaning. Those that were attacked during the day...well, only one came back so far alive with their face torn apart, not able to talk. They soon died and was taken  to be buried by their family.

Today we are facing the return of many of our young adults from the experiments, I just hope they come straight home and let us know they are ok.

((This RP is open based, no need for a profile or explaination. I do respect literacy and good detail please. There is no limit to  people, the RP can go either way. I mean by this is you may take the story far and twist it any way you wish. We are basing the RP around Zombies and Night Creatures, Deriving from the Facility that has been made. You may make up anything to go with this, such as if the city produced it underground or it came from the sky what have you. This is NOT resident evil, but the idea of a virus and zombies is taken from that. You may put any logic or nonsense into this as well.)

OPEN.

chanellelynn

I stretched out in my chair upon the porch of which was attached to my home. A small two bedroom home where I paid a small fortune of 800 a month. It's a quaint house, blue trim with white panaling on the outside. My porch wasnt rather large but yet enough room to lounge and watch the others pass by my street. Our roads werent dirt but paved, each no more than 100 feet in length attaching to crossing streets. Our village is small, no bigger than 10 blocks. 5 blocks worth of homes for those who wish for a quiet life. I was born and raised here in Reckford, and I haven't left since. I do have a city job where I hop on my Bike and drive in for my 12 hour shift. Other than this, I do spend most of my time here with my friends and family. I inherited this house from my ma and pa, they passed away not too long ago. The cemetary sits a few miles up the road from Reckford, much further from the city too. Ma and Pa are buried nearest to the mausoleum, since we couldnt afford to put them in their, it was best to go with those.

I am Calmina, a young woman of 22 working in the city as a Bartender. Its an easy job, but a long one at that. Late at night I crawl into bed after a long shift just to get ready for the next day.

Today I was late for work, missing the time my best friend Reynold was to get back from the C.E Corp experiment testing. I did hope he would come back safe and sound and with a heafty check for his cooporation, just so we could celebrate his return in style. Sadly  I could not be home for him to return so catching the late bug to work got me a little spooked. It was darker than usual cause I head over when the sunset is high this season. The fall winds picked up this time of the night, I checked my watch. Digital with the different time zones all around told me it was 7 pm, barely making the first shift clock in. I was head of my full waiting staff at the Barneb's joint, most of them are brandnew adults and dont know how to serve party wings to a table. My engine roared as I zoomed down the two lane road leading into the city, my bar sat on the edge of town at the end of the road stretch. I pulled out my keys and unlocked the fornt door, the rest of my staff were sitting out in front freezing their butts off. "Eh! whats your prob, we have been out here for 45 minutes." One of the young men spoke up with his irritated tone, my trouble maker of the group. I sniffled and replied, "Shut it Ken, youre still getting paid," I knew this was a lie, they were only clocked for their hours once they punched in. my comment shut Ken up but I could hear the girls giggle and point fingers at me, cause I got the key stuck. A quick shove and the door flew open and slammed against the wall.

Dunnuck

Nestor parked his car near the bar that he had seen earlier in the day. He figured he would settle around here for the night, seeing as how he was lost. He wore a gray suit with a black tie, and his brown, nicely combed hair complemented his young face. He looked to young to be a business man, but he was successful enough. He recently turned twenty one and had gone on a trip to see a relative. Terrible with directions, he got lost in the town a bit earlier in the day. He decided to eat and see a movie since he had been on the road for a few days. hell, he may even get a room somewhere. he heard a woman speak as he turned the corner, and seen multiple people shuffling into the bar. He assumed it had just opened and he strode in. he was clearly out of town, just by looking at him. He was teched out, a blue tooth in the ear, touch screen phone hanging on his belt, and the overly expensive outfit he wore along with the suitcase he struggled to hold with a few papers. He went over to the bar, accidentally dropping is things to the floor. "Screw it." he sighed, sitting at the bar. The bartender looked at him for a moment. He pulled out his ID and sat it on the counter for confirmation.

chanellelynn

Calmina welcomed the stranger as she was settleing into her comfort zone. The bar laid smoothly in the middle of the room, straight not curved so that she could see all the drinkers when it was full. The back side held many bottles of different alcohol and drink mixes, plus decorative items to give it that feel of fullness. The bar was quite old by age and look but the overall feel to it brought a sense of belonging to the customers.
I nodded at him and placed myself to lean across the bar, "What's your fix?"

Dunnuck

"Uh..." He went nervously. "Jack Daniels, please. Double shot." He ordered, leaning in on the bar tiredly. "So whats the deal here? People seem excited. Anything specific?" He wondered.

chanellelynn

She shot her eyes up and chuckled a little as she poured him his drinks. "Wow it's that obvious huh? well, you noticed the big factory out here when you pulled in I hope. The company just finished testing and most of my friends are coming home today, no one from the city is expecting anyone back but Reckford." She finished her reply with a grin, a newbie in town was interesting.  Calmina slip his shots in front of him along with a napkin, "Drink up, its going to be a long night."

Dunnuck

He downed the shot with extreme difficulty. He had not been used to drinking, especially liquor. But he enjoyed the sting. "Experimentation? Something tells me the people returning aren't scienist." He observed.

Brian Boru

Reynold walks into the bar mid-way through the evening shift.  Looking around distractedly, like he is unsure of the faces he sees.  He takes a seat in one of the furthest corners from the bar and waits...passively, no expression on his usually animated face; looking as if he is in some deep trance.  As the patrons look around, some begin to notice Reynold and nod toward him.

"Hungry...." the thought begins to burst forth in his mind.  "HUNGRY..." it begins to move toward his lips.  When, finally, the word breaks the speech barrier, it comes out as "Aaaeuairiaofyujhga s g ooo h eert e," an indecipherable, guttural groan that lets everyone know he is present, but thinking he has gone mad.

A/As Updated 12/7 - PLEASE READ
A/As updated 2/20/11

chanellelynn

A stench blew threw the air unlike the usual drunken stupor smell you catch on the usual customers. This smell was a rotting dead like substance that seemed to take form around the newcomer that had stepped it. Calmina noticed immediately when he walked in because he shuffled loudly as if he was already drunk enough for the rest of them. Something about him was odd but familiar, his hair, his eyes, his clothes. He was mostly turned away from her view so she couldnt get a steady view of his profile. He made his way to the far corner away from where Calmina was. She turned back to the young man and replied to his comment, "Good guess, yea we are expecting friends and family. No one has seen the scientists, if we can call them that, come out but your guess is as good as mine to what the experiments were."  She watched the man hold down his drinks, suprised due to he didnt look like a regular drinker, more casual than anything. His getup confused her, she's never seen someone with such fancy equipment but yet again she did live in a remote town away from all of those who did. "What brings you here, to the city?"

Dunnuck

"I'm seeing a friend about a job. A role in some big movie being shot soon. I'm an actor." He said with a nervous smile. "And a business man. Im an agent. It's kind of ironic. I started off as an agent for actors, athletes and the such, then became an actor myself. I stopped by and decided to stay for the night. Caught a movie and stuff. It's kind of weird seeing a movie playing that I am in. 'The River Flows Free' just came out, so a bunch of the showtimes were for that. But I don't want to watch a movie I'm in." He said lightlt with a laugh, his voice naturally soft. "My screen name is Dante Parson. My actual name is Nestor Parson. Nice to meet you." He was about to shake hands when he heard an odd groan. He turned and seen the man who had walked by earlier and smelt odd. "Uh...is he ok?" Nestor asked

chanellelynn

Calmina sighed and thought of a way to answer his question, "I'm sure he is, though he does smell honestly quite different than most. i'll keep an eye on him." She looked back at the young man named Nestor, his nervous laughter made her smile. She never met actors, let alone actors she didnt even know. The last movie she saw was wizard of oz and chances of running into those actors are impossible in this lifetime.
"Im sorry, as to you being an actor I wouldn't recognize you. Living in Reckford has its downs as well, such as no movie theater so, naturally I don't tend to see any." She shrugged the thought off, hoping he didnt get offended. Calmina took his offered hand from before and nested it in her hand, "...but I am pleased to meet you, i'm Calmina Shue. Are you planning on staying at a hotel here in the city? or somewhere quiet?"

Brian Boru

Getting up from the table stiffly, Reynold walks toward a nearby patron.  Looking down at the woman with hungry eyes and stinking flesh, he begins to groan.  Turning her head, the woman immediately curls up her nose in revulsion at the pungent aroma of death that pervades the man standing over her.  "Do you have a problem, sir," she asks with bitchy attitude.  With convulsive twitches running through his limbs, Reynold reaches out and grabs the woman's face and pulls her out of her seat toward him.  Screaming, she trying to beat her assailant away, but with only 1/10 of his strength her struggle is futile.  The rest of the bar watches in stunned silence as the mad man-creature moves the woman closer and closer to his mouth, as if he were going to kiss her.

A split second before their lips meet, the man-creature's mouth opens disproportionately wider than his skull looks capable of, revealing two rows of jagged and sharpened teeth, much like the mouth of a shark.  An ear splitting scream escapes the back of his throat, a scream that the patrons soon realize is this creature's victory call for capturing his prey.  As everyone covers their ears they miss the sound of his jaws clamping over the top of the woman's skull, tearing her head in half and grinding the bones between his teeth as he suckled on the grey matter left in her half a head.  When the patrons look again, they panic with their horrific fear and as one mass they jump from their seats to flee from this beastly creature.

A/As updated 2/20/11

Dunnuck

"What the fuck!?" Nestor shouts, falling from his chair to the ground where his suitcase lay, the bluetooth falling from his ear. He swiped it up, unable to rip his eyes away from the gruesome scene. His friend, Johnathen, had told him to bring a firearm with him for self defense in the city he lived in. This was not the city, Nestor was simply lost. This was nit what he was supposed to be defending against. The gun he had left in the car.

chanellelynn

Calmina watched in horror as the man who came in earliar with such a stench she had to cover her nose was cowering over this poor woman with deafening shrills. She placed her hands on her ears to keep them from bleeding as he chomped away at her skull that was now detatched from her body. Calmina knew this woman, not well but knew that she came in every week to enjoy a friday night alone without her husband. Calmina screamed as she watched this gruesome scene, thoughts rolls around her mind at what to do and finally was snapped back into shape when Nestor fell off his stool and onto the floor.
She quickly took her hand off her ear which was blasted with the screams of this killing machine, reached for the underside of the bar and pushed the police button. Hoping to god they would make it here in time.
She then turned around to find the cabinets on the wall behind her where she kept a firearm, a simple beretta hidden down below in case she needed assistance. Though the weapon was always armed she never fired it before.
Grabbing the gun she stepped up and aimed at the man still eating Nancy, the woman. Aiming at the man was difficult cause she didnt know where to shoot, hoping to god she aimed well Calmina shot at his back. BAM!
She hit his shoulder blade on his right side. A solid hit and sounded like it went through.

Brian Boru

Stumbling and interrupted from his dinner, Reynold looked down to see a fresh hole through his shoulder.  Not know where such a blow could have come from he looks to his right, then his left.  Dropping his left-overs, Reynold turns in the direction of the bar and sees the woman pointing something in his direction, his mouth opens and his scream of anger washes over the remaining patrons and the fall to the floor, trembling in his aura of hateful violence.

He walks toward the bar slowly, achingly wanting to taste the flesh of this barmaid who would dare to stop him from his feast...

A/As updated 2/20/11

Dunnuck

As the thing got closer, Nestor crawled back. Petrified with fear, he was unable to move. That was until the thing got even closer to the bartender. He grabbed the suitcase and flung it at the creature, the suitcase bouncing off it's head and hitting the floor. The suitcase was locked tight, reinforced to a seemingly unnecessary degree. Nestor was supposed to deliver it, though he had no idea what was inside.

chanellelynn

The shot had rang through her ears as it hit the smelly man, the hole spurt blood upon the floor looking painful. he turned towards Calmina with hungry eyes, then it hit her. The face was the same face as her childhood friend, Reynold. "Reynold!" She gasped as he lunged for her, he was suppose to be coming back home safe and sound, but now she didnt know whether or not he was exactly safe.
She turned to run out of the bar where she quickly remembered to get Nestor who was on the floor with the rest of his stuff. "Quick! lets go!" He had thrown his breifcase as she got to him, hitting the creature square in the head. Calmina grabbed him by the arm and helped him to his feet as Reynold was gaining speed across the bar floor. He was halfway to Lestor and her when they got up to run for the door.

Brian Boru

Stunned from the blow to his head, Reynold watched the fleeing figures run through the door as he regained his senses.  Now that he had the room to himself, he returned to his dinner.  Leaning down, he drew his hand into the air when razor sharp blades inched their way through his fingers.  With one swift motion he separated her torso from her lower body, letting her entrails string across the floor.  Greedily he continued his meal in the stillness of the air.  Silent but for the distant screams and the sound of his vile feasting.

Suddenly he notices a frightened little man huddled in the corner of the bar, shaking with sweat rolling off his forehead.  Reynold keeps eating and eyeing the customer.  When he finishes filling himself with all he can handle he goes over to the corner and just stands there looking down at him.  Something inside him sparks a memory...something distant.  He remembers this face...someone from long ago...a man whom he didn't like...who mistreated him.  His rage begins to boil inside, until he reaches down and grabs the man by the back of his neck and lifts him into the air, kicking and weeping.  With one razor sharp claw, Reynold reaches out and slices into the mans arm, leaking his blood out onto the floor.  Reynold decides to take a bite, but regrets the bitter and acrid taste of his flesh, spitting it out and dropping the man into a heap in the corner.  Weeping, and begging for God's mercy, Reynold notices a new foul stench in the air and realizes this morbid human has just shit himself.  A wicked smile creeps across his face.  He is enjoying this new sense of power he has over everyone.  Even bullets don't seem to stop him.  Its as if his own body's organs are undamaged by mere projectiles.

He looks down at the earlier wound inflicted by the woman behind the bar.  He notices that since his meal was finished the wound had healed itself and he was feeling even stronger and more powerful when he suddenly realizes that he is not alone in the room.

Turning, he recognizes that the darkness isn't as dark, and that there are men with bigger guns standing in the room with bright lights behind them.  "HOLD IT RIGHT THERE" they shout at him.  His grin widens as he turns his body to approach them, when suddenly he sees the man in the corner from his peripheral vision.  He too is standing up with the same type of rigid motion that Reynold has, and marching to his side, comes to face this new threat.  Both extend their arms to their side as the razor-claws draw themselves out through their finger tips, readying them for battle.

A/As updated 2/20/11

chanellelynn

As soon as the two bolted through the doors of the bar, Cop's showed up with sirens and flashing lights quickly skidding to a halt. Four cars lined the parking lot in different positions, and two from each hopped out of them.
A Ka-chick of guns all simultaniously  pushing a bullet into their chambers startled Calmina and her workers, along with some of the customers. "Hold it everyone, we got an emergency call, where is it?" The deputy had arrived on scene, she never had to talk to the police before but she felt it as her duty to step up as the person in charge.
"In the bar, you dont want to go in there though , he is crazy abosolutely crazy. He...He...he ate Nancy!" Calmina began to sob mid sentence flustering herself to the point of turning to Nestor for comfort. The deputy ordered his men to be careful and move in, Calmina tried to speak up but her tears choked her.
"Go in, and don't shoot until I tell you!" He bellowed, the men followed his orders and lined up to open the door and charge in. She warned them, told them the truth but still they decided to go in.

After a while the air became still once the men were inside, Calmina could feel a sense of death in the air that was also inside the bar. Maybe Reynold smells worse than we thought, she thought. She could feel Nestor's warmth as she realized she was still holding onto his arm. Feeling the need to leave Calmina looked around for her bike. She parked it somewhere in front but between the police cars and lights she couldnt spot it.

Dunnuck

Nestor placed his arms around Calmina, his body shaking. She sobbed into him and he couldn't bring himself to say anything. What could he say? Before now, these things were only in movies. He eased the gun away from her hands. "It's ok, Cal." He whispered to her. "It's over. It's-" He stopped himself in mid sentence. "How many people were supposed to return today?" He asked. She fumbled with her words with sobs. "How many people got experimented on?" He asked, his hands on his shoulders and his young eyes looking into hers. "We need to warn everyone, Cal." He told her.

Nestor glanced around, spotting a news channel crew arriving on the scene. He put his arms around her, bringing her with him towards the news crew. The lights shown down on the female reporter as she spoke. "Just a few minutes ago, a woman was supposedly murdered here at the local bar. Witnesses say that the suspect appeared to be commiting cannabalism." She stopped and looked behind her as she seen Nestor trying to force his way past guards. Her mouth lay ajar for a moment.

"Ladies and gentlemen we have an unexpected visitor." She said, motioning Nestor over. "Actor Dante Parson is right here, on the scene!" She reported excitedly and surprised. Nestor approached the mic, Calmina still in her embrace. "Mr. Parson, may I ask what brings you to this town and what you witnessed in the bar?" She asked. "And are you and this woman in romantic relation? Has Dante Parson, the lone wolf, finally found someone to be by his side?" She asked with a grin. "Look, ma'am. Nl, she isn't my girlfriend, I am here in business, and what I seen in there is more important than either of those other questions. A man walked in, smelling like a rotting corpse, and he opened his mouth like a snake and started...EATING this woman!" He shouted. "Are you suggesting zombies, Mr. Parson?" She asked jokingly. "Everyone lock your doors! Do not let the people from the plant in! They are infected with something! Lock your doors! Arm yourselves" He shouted, being pulled away

chanellelynn

She watched Nestor yell questions at her but she couldnt hear anything over the roar of vans skidding to stops and slamming their doors open. He twirled her around and carried her to the news crew where she was blinded by camera lights and deafened by chatter. Her questioning Nestor bothered Calmina, how dare she ask if we were romantically involved? A man just ate one of her patrons and she was concerned if 'Dante', the lonewolf? was banging some chick from a remote mountain city.
Calmina was about to speak up without noticing her mouth was locked into place from anger, when Nestor began shouting to the public. "Everyone lock your doors! Do not let the people from the plant in! They are infected with something! Lock your doors! Arm yourselves," he ordered. Calmina watched his face turn into concern and sudden shock when several people pushed him and her away from the reporter.
They stood behind the crowd that had reformed around the camera and they could hear her mocking tones and chuckles. Calmina unstuck her jaw and cried out, "34 people were suppose to come home today,"She quickly clasped her hands on her mouth and stared into Nestor's eyes. She hoped that from what they've just seen, not everyone of them had become cannibalistic.

Dunnuck

"The god damn audacity of them!" Nestor shouted, angrily kicking over a trash can. "The fucking press is still worried about celebrities when someone just fucking died!" He screamed in disbelief. "34?" He asked, now responding to what she said a few moments ago. "If this is contagious..." He trailed off. "It will spread quickly." He rubbed his temples, frustrated.

He recomposed himself. "Come on, we need to inform people. We can start with anyone close to you. Then it can spread by word of mouth. And spread it will." He walked over to her and opened her hand, placing the gun in it. "He could be the only one," He began, closing her hand around the gun. "But you may need that."

Brian Boru

Seeing the armed force in front of him, Reynold and his newly turned comrade were filled with battle rage.  The experiments at the plant were military in origin, seeking to create super-soldiers who could withstand bullets and still keep on fighting.  The intent being to send in one super-soldier into an enemy camp, have him turn as many as he could through this high infectious disease he carried, and wipe out the enemy within a few hours and when it was done, fire bombing the entire camp to kill the infected beings.  They were essentially untrained, vicious and animalistic in nature and could not be controlled...only aimed in a singular direction with their blood-lust.

Their aim now was this new opposing force.  Their instincts told them to prepare for firing of weapons and to not stop until they had turned or killed every last officer standing in front of them.  The viral blood coursing through their skin drove them into a fury as they opened their mouths to pierce the air with their battle cry - a cry that made the officers lose aim as they covered their ears.  This was their fatal mistake.

Reynold and his comrade took that instant to launch their vicious attack, spinning wildly with outstretched arms and slicing through flesh and bone, the two opened the stomachs of 4 officers, while biting and gnashing at 5 others.  The bitten went down, seeking to staunch the flow of blood from their wounds.  The cut went into immediate shock.  The rear guard, caught by surprise, opened fire, hitting their own comrades who were the first to go down.  A hail of bullets struck Reynold and his former science teacher, but to no effect.

Telepathically, Reynold gave orders to his new minions who were beginning to turn.  The bitten began to rise and unleash their own battle cries in the din of combat.  The screams increasing in pitch and intensity struck fear in the hearts of the officers and onlookers alike.  As Reynold and his minions made their way through the rear-guard of officers, he could see the panic stricken faces of the bar's customers and he was filled with hunger again.  A sobbing man seemed un-moving in his presence, and so Reynold opened his mouth wide once again to taste the sweetness of his brain matter.  Consuming the 1/2 of the man's head, he bit down and released that nectar he so longed to eat. 

Filled with a high he commanded he silently commanded his troops to do the same, and each took a victim to mutilate and feast on grey matter.  The crowd, coming to its senses, panicked again, and as people began to stumble over each other to get away, Reynold's soldiers bit and tore into human flesh, relieving them of the shackles of their meaningless lives.  More soldiers began to come forth from those who were cut down earlier, and those that were just bitten began to recover and turn even more quickly than the second round of soliders.  Not only was this virus mutating, it was speeding up the turning process with each successive generation of victims. 

The news crew stood, with the cameras rolling, in stunned silence.  The mocking idiotic reporter silenced, for once.  Reynold, not liking their bright lights and feeling his battle fury come over him again, launched toward the news van with supernatural speed, leaping from all fours across the expanse until he was on top of the first camera man who, while being bitten, showed the world the face of things that were to come. 

Within 3 minutes, the entire parking lot was cleared of human beings.  All that were left were the soldier zombies.  The feasted on the remains of the few who had not yet turned, and on the bodies of their initial feeding wave.  The newly turned standing to observe and to receive orders from Reynold.

A/As updated 2/20/11

chanellelynn

Calmina took the gun from Nestor as he built up his rage against what was happening. She clasped the butt and made sure the bullets were still intact.
A wave of bullets and screams were ripping through the air in the direction of the bar, the cry from Reynold sounded again and she twisted in fear as it became louder. A second cry. How could there be a second one when Reynold was the only crazy person in there? Nestor's theory was right, this was contagious and now there is a second being ready to eat and kill people.
Calmina pointed the gun towards the entrance, and hoping to god whatever was screaming in terror wasnt already dead. The bullets stopped inside and she listened intently through the screams of the people outside for any movement inside the bar.
Panicing, Calmina started to walk backwards readying herself to find the nearest transportation and zoom out of here. Her bike was sitting propped up against the side of the bar near the trashbins, now knowing why she couldnt find it. The keys were in her pocket, she kept this in mind as the entrance door burst open to find Reynold leading another person into the parking lot. Soon to follow were the police officers but what looks strange was most of their bodies had been mutilated and eaten. All with the look of hunger in their eyes, claws and sharp teeth in each one. A battle cry ran through the whole audiance causing panic and rush. The new cannibal group rushed in every direction feeding on the unlucky ones. Calmina screamed and began to shoot at any creature that came near, to her disfortune none of it worked.  She grabbed Nestor's arm again and yelled, "Come On! We have to get back to Reckford!" She ran towards her bike and pulled out the keys. Her helmets fell off as she tilted the bike to hop on, not worrying about safety.

Dunnuck

Nestor jumped onto the motorcycle with the girl. "Go go go!" He shouted.