News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The Masquerade [Game Thread]

Started by Valerian, October 11, 2010, 01:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valerian

Current Voting:

Imogen (3) - Remiel, Moirae, Xandi
Remiel (3) - Beguile's Mistress, Imogen, Kyrsa
Kyrsa (1) - Lord Mayerling
Beguile's Mistress (0)
Lord Mayerling (0)
Marikir (0)
Moirae (0)
Xandi (0)

Yet to vote: Marikir

There are 5 Partygoers, 1 Bouncer, and 2 Monsters.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Imogen

"Don't fault me for enjoying this last dance", she smiled impishly behind her mask. "I made horrible choices and can't blame you all for your suspicion. I didn't do it, but I'm aware I seem guilty as sin. So please, for a little longer, let me enjoy the music and this lovely champagne, and then I shall go bother the other refugees in the kitchen."

"Oh, and I vote for Remiel so I'll have a tiny little chance at another dance. And that's because you, Remiel, of all people, know that I'd have voted much much cleverly if I'd had any clue of what's going on." Her bottom lip stulped in a sultry pout. "Meanie."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Kye

"Being quiet isn't a crime Lord Mayerling, I wouldn't want to ruin the party for others," Kyrsa murmured, shaking her head sadly at the realization that someone would think her capable of doing such a horrible and mean spirited thing.  "I think I'm going to have to say Remiel as well... I still have no idea who it could be and out of everyone he's the one who stands out the most. 

Marikir

Marikir glanced at the partygoers, frowning slightly.  It would be easy enough to just vote someone random and leave it up to chance, but that would be cowardly.

His mask shook from side to side as he glanced between the two choices.  He suspected someone more, but between the two choices...

He pointed the bony fingers of his glove at Imogen's mask. 

Valerian

Current Voting:

Imogen (4) - Remiel, Moirae, Xandi, Marikir
Remiel (3) - Beguile's Mistress, Imogen, Kyrsa
Kyrsa (1) - Lord Mayerling
Beguile's Mistress (0)
Lord Mayerling (0)
Marikir (0)
Moirae (0)
Xandi (0)

The votes were all in: Imogen's mask was gone.  But she, too, was an innocent Partygoer, now wrongfully banished to the kitchen.  The guests were growing more and more uneasy.  Who could the monsters be?  Unhappy murmurs filled the room, as everyone wondered who might be next...

There are 4 Partygoers, 1 Bouncer, and 2 Monsters.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Valerian

This time, the little group was not so fortunate.  When everyone could see again, poor Kyrsa had lost her mask.  The innocent Partygoer was sent away with the others, and the remaining guests pondered their options.  This looked like it might be the end of the party....

Beguile's Mistress
Imogen - Partygoer, voted out
Kyrsa - Partygoer, unmasked by monsters
Lord Mayerling
Marikir
Moirae
Remiel
Ryven - Partygoer, voted out
Saffron - Mistress of Ceremonies, unmasked by monsters
sinera - Partygoer, voted out
Xandi

There are 3 Partygoers, 1 Bouncer, and 2 Monsters.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Marikir

The loss of the pair of lovely women caused Marikir to slowly turn towards the rest of the partygoers.  This was becoming aggravating.

He looked over the others, then his masked gaze stopped on the grinning face of the one that had been saved.

Marikir stalked over to the smiling mask and pointed at it.  He demanded an explanation from Remiel.

Autumn52

Kyrsa and Imogen voted for Remiel in the last round I think he has something to do with this.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Valerian

Current Voting:

Remiel (2) - Marikir, Xandi
Beguile's Mistress (0)
Lord Mayerling (0)
Marikir (0)
Moirae (0)
Xandi (0)

Yet to vote: Beguile's Mistress, Kyrsa, Lord Mayerling, Moirae

~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

desert ashes

Moirae sighed, even more confused than before.  "For now I'll cast my vote with Remiel unless otherwise convinced."
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Remiel

He shook his head.  "The only crime that I am guilty of is poor judgment in my own suspicions.  I have erred, it seems, at every step.  But I am unjustly accused!  Think on it, my friends.  Beguile's Mistress has been out to get me since the very beginning.  If I were one of the dastardly deed-doers, don't you think I would have eliminated her by now?"

He frowned, scratching at his head.  "I think Beguile's Mistress has been playing you all, lurking innocently by while we pick each other off, one by one."

Lord Mayerling

"This is a most disappointing development, but I must vote with the majority at this time. My motives can only be described as political. I'm sorry, Remiel, but my vote must be cast for you." Mayerling cast his eyes about the room; everyone but Remiel under a suspicious watch.

Valerian

Current Voting:

Remiel (4) - Marikir, Xandi, Moirae, Lord Mayerling
Beguile's Mistress (1) - Remiel
Lord Mayerling (0)
Marikir (0)
Moirae (0)
Xandi (0)

Yet to vote: Beguile's Mistress

~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Beguile's Mistress

"I know that Remiel is suffering from what seems to be my stubborn fixation on his supposed guilt so I hold no ill will for his vote against me.  Still, I am firm in my belief that he is one of the culprits."  Beguile's gazed moved from person to person wondering who, behind the masks, was his partner in crime.

Remiel

"You are wrong, Lord Mayerling.  So wrong, in fact, that  I must change my vote to you," responded Remiel, in the face of all of the unjust accusations.

"So be it, then.  If I am to face the condemnation of a jury of my peers, I will do it with my head held high and a clear conscience."

Valerian

Final Voting:

Remiel (4) - Marikir, Xandi, Moirae, Lord Mayerling
Lord Mayerling (1) - Remiel
Beguile's Mistress (0)
Marikir (0)
Moirae (0)
Xandi (0)

Remiel would be the one to lose his mask this time, and he seemed resigned to his fate, standing as he said he would, with his head held high.

But as his V mask was pulled away, behind it the other guests saw -- nothing!  Cloak, hat, and clothing fell limply to the ground, the mask landing neatly atop the pile.  For Remiel had been one of the Monsters, a mischievous spectre sent to taunt the guests.

There are 3 Partygoers, 1 Bouncer, and 1 Monster.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Valerian

When the lights next went out, there was a particular uneasiness.  At this rate, soon everyone would be trying to squeeze into the kitchen!  But there was still a clever monster at work, as proved when it was revealed that another Partygoer, this time Beguile's Mistress had been unmasked.  The few remaining guests all looked at each other uneasily...

Beguile's Mistress - Partygoer, unmasked by monsters
Imogen - Partygoer, voted out
Kyrsa - Partygoer, unmasked by monsters
Lord Mayerling
Marikir
Moirae
Remiel - Monster, unmasked
Ryven - Partygoer, voted out
Saffron - Mistress of Ceremonies, unmasked by monsters
sinera - Partygoer, voted out
Xandi

There are 2 Partygoers, 1 Bouncer, and 1 Monster.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

desert ashes

This was getting out of hand.  Uneasily Moirae looked around and exhaled a deep breath.  "I believe Lord Mayerling to be the other deviant."
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Autumn52

Xandi agreed with Moirae. Lord Mayerling was acting suspicious.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

Valerian

Current Voting:

Lord Mayerling (2) - Moirae, Xandi
Moirae (1) - Lord Mayerling
Marikir (0)
Xandi (0)

Yet to vote: Marikir

There are 2 Partygoers, 1 Bouncer, and 1 Monster.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Lord Mayerling

“No no no, it isn’t me! Think about what Remiel did at the end of the last round. He wouldn’t change his vote to the other monster! Thus, I’m the only one that CAN’T be the monster. In doing so, he sealed the monsters’ fate. Do not waste your vote on me, but instead place it where it belongs, on Moirae.”

Mayerling looked about at the partygoers. “Marikir, I implore you to vote for Moirae. Remiel wouldn’t vote for his accomplice! Xandi! Change your vote while there’s still time to save us!”

Autumn52

Remiel's fate was sealed before he placed his vote. I believe he voted against you to throw the rest of us off, to give you a free reign. My vote remains.

Marikir

Marikir glanced between the two of them and frowned at them.  He hadn't suspected Lord Mayerling, but he had long suspected Moirae.  He could only hope that he was right and that he wasn't aiding in keeping the remaining monster around.

Lord Mayerling

C'mon, Xandi...take a stand with us against the monster. I'm gone anyway, for even if I survive this round, if Moirae is the monster, we win. If she isn't, the monster will unmask me anyways. Stand with us. Don't leave it to chance. 

desert ashes

"I am not the last deviant," she said firmly, her gaze unwavering on Lord Mayerling.  "I have felt the brush of their fingers upon my mask, however.  There is a monster here among us, Lord Mayerling, and the one whose mask needs to be removed is yours."  Then her gaze swept to Marikir.  "I do not know what I have done or said to earn your suspicion, but if the vote is swayed to me, no one here will be safe."
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin