Adeptus Evangelion - Mecha Game (accepting a few more)

Started by ShadowFox89, March 08, 2012, 07:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

I'm looking for a game of Adeptus Evangelion. Either using the Neon Genesis Evangelion setting, or one of the Mobile Suit Gundam settings. Now, I know what most of you are asking, what is Adeptus Evangelion?

To put simply, it is a fan made adaption of the Dark Heresy rules for playing a mecha based game. The current version is V2, but there are two more recent releases (2.5 and Borderline), with a V3 on the way this summer.

I am not expecting anyone to be familiar with Adeptus Evangelion, though that would be great. I would, however, expect people to be a bit familiar with Neon Genesis Evangelion, and possible Mobile Suit Gundam.

If no one steps up as GM, I have an idea for a Gundam based game, taking aspects from Wing and 00 Gundam. I would be taking up to 4 players, 3 pilots and 1 operations director.

edit: Either way, characters will have to be at least 16 to comply with Elliquiy site rules.

edit 2: We have enough players now, looking for someone to possibly run this thing.

edit 3: The Great Triangle is our GM and has a wiki page set up for the game here: https://elliquiy.com/wiki/Adeptus_Evangelion_Game
Call me Shadow
My A/A

KnowThySire

You are correct. I have no knowledge of Adeptus Evangelion what-so-ever. :) BUT I am familiar with both Evangelion(The Original. I haven't finished Rebuild yet cause I like watching the dub on Blu-Ray when each comes out.), and several of the Gundam series. I actually used to be in a gundam rp as Wing Zero's pilot in a 00 setting, but that was a few years ago. I don't have the time in my life to be a GM, but I can definitely be a player. Preferably a pilot.
There can only be one king.

ShadowFox89

Do you have experience with the Dark Heresy rules? I've only played two games of Adeptus Evangelion myself, but have far too many ideas for a game to not state any of them :)

Another idea I had was a cross between Neon Genesis Evangelion and Battlestar Galactica.... Replace Cylons with Angels and give the Battlestar a unit of Evas.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

KnowThySire

Unfortunately, my knowledge of system-based rps is practically non-existent. That is why I want to be a part of this rp, so that I can learn a bit for a future rp that I'm planning. I will look it up online to find out as much as I can, but if you could explain it to me, that would be appreciated.

ShadowFox89

:-/

My own experience with the system is, as I said, very limited. Dark Heresy is based on percentile dice rolls for the most part, high rolls the better. It's extremely lethal, there's always a good chance of dying in every fight.

I think going with the Mobile Suit setting presents the best option for customization, it means you don't need to have much knowledge about NGE to play. Whatever information you might need you can get with a half-hour to an hour of internet browsing.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

KnowThySire

Dice rolls... Reminds me of my D&D days back in Jr High School. Never actually used it in an rp though. I started to research Dark Heresy online. Is this what you were talking about?

http://www.realityrefracted.com/2012/01/system-analysis-dark-heresy-overview.html

ShadowFox89

Yup, except it has nothing to do with the Warhammer 40k setting and there's some other stuff changed around.

Here's the stuff for Adeptus Evangelion:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/TabletopGame/AdeptusEvangelion?from=Main.AdeptusEvangelion
Call me Shadow
My A/A

KnowThySire

From what I'm reading so far, it actually seems like it could be fun. It would probably take a little bit, but I think that I'll eventually figure it out.

I'd be interested in seeing how it would be with a Gundam-based setting. They're very similar because they're both mechs, and can just as dark character-wise.

ShadowFox89

If you haven't seen it already and want to, you should check out 00 Gundam on crunchyroll.com
Call me Shadow
My A/A

KnowThySire

00 was pretty good. I grew up on Wing so it's hard for me to put other gundam series in that category, but I felt 00 was the only one that belongs in that category with Wing for me. I did like Seed as well, but felt it was rather blah most of the series.

Latooni Subota

Heck yeah, AdEva! I'm so in on this! <3

Uh, don't expect me to GM though. I'm a terrible GM. They took away my GM rights after the Great Revolt of 99'. Many PCs lost their lives that day . . . *Takes off hat and bows her head solemnly.*
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

ShadowFox89

So two possible players, three if you count me. I hope we can find someone to GM because I have poor management skills T_T

But if not, what kind of Gundam game would you guys be interested in? A mix of ground and space? Special naming scheme for your mechs?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

evangel

I'll be down for Gundam or Evangelion.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Latooni Subota

Personally, I'd prefer something closer to Evangelion if we're using AdEva, just because that's what it's really built for. Or at least a more ground-based kind of gundam game? I dunno. We'll see what our prospective GM (or you, if it comes to it) thinks.

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

ShadowFox89

If I go for it, I'd probably run it ground based for the most part. Maybe have a "second season" where the group goes into space (see: Gundam Wing) and has to deal with threats up there as well.

Does anyone have more than two games experience with the DH system though? I could use any advice you can offer.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Haibane

If its Evangelion I'd be interested as I love the series. On the other hand I know nothing about Gundam whatsoever and actually have no interest in mecha anime, what I love about Evangelion was the relationships and the angst. If a game was EVA-based then I could be a ground control officer, perhaps a Misato type, though without all the messed up relationships of EVA and the link between pilots and the souls of the machines I think an RP would be rather missing the point.

On that basis I'm interested though and will keep this thread bookmarked.

ShadowFox89

Gundam has plenty of relationship writing in it too.

Alright, i'm closing recruitment to any possible players. Unless we get someone to GM, it looks like I might be running this...

What sort of stuff would you guys be looking for in the game? Sex? Romance? Action/adventure and political intrigue are, of course, going to happen no matter what.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

KnowThySire

ShadowFox89

Yes, it's an option. What sort of 'All of the Above'? What sort of sex in the game? NC?

I think we'll be going with a standard NGE game. If so, where would you guys like to start? There's Berlin, Hamburg, Tokyo, Beijing, and San Francisco. If you look through the V2 guide, there's a list of what each area provides.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Latooni Subota

I wouldn't mind NERV tokyo or Boston. Tokyo would lower the collateral damage we'd take, and Boston gives us 20 surplus for research.

Also, I take it we're not using version 2.5 then? (Version 3 in two months!)

I'm not too picky on what sorts of sex and action and romance in the game. I can pretty much roll with anything, as long as there isn't any scat or body-modification done to my character. :x

evangel

Alas, I'm a hopeless nerd, so I vote for Tokyo.  8-)

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Latooni Subota on March 10, 2012, 11:15:15 AM
I wouldn't mind NERV tokyo or Boston. Tokyo would lower the collateral damage we'd take, and Boston gives us 20 surplus for research.

Also, I take it we're not using version 2.5 then? (Version 3 in two months!)

I'm not too picky on what sorts of sex and action and romance in the game. I can pretty much roll with anything, as long as there isn't any scat or body-modification done to my character. :x

No scat, but there's a chance for body mod inherit in the game. If you turn into tang and come back, one of the worst things to happen is you lose any genitals (including nipples for women) and effectively become a Barbie doll.

We're using Borderline for now. When 3 comes out, we'll see what happens.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

The Great Triangle

I've GMed Rogue Trader before, and I'm familiar with Adeptus Evangelion.  Evangelion happens to be my favorite anime, but I'd certainly be tending to run rather grim in attitude in general, since I have a bad habit of taking PCs a bit closer to the edge than they might prefer.

The scenario I'd want to run would be an alternate universe with a new NERV fortress city, with an alternate universe geo front, focusing on a new set of alternate angels invading Earth. 

I'm not sure how much of the Adeptus Evangelion rules would be appropriate to the game, but I'll re-read the book and figure out how much of the system I want to use.  Ideally, most of the focus should be on relationship mechanics, sync ratios, and modeling the psychological disintegration the EVA units cause, though there likely needs to be some amount of system for the giant robot fights.

When it comes to the battle inside NERV, however, I think that using a roleplaying system would be innapropriate, since it basically boils down to "If a soldier gets to shoot at you, spend a fate point or die."
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

ShadowFox89

Yay, I don't have to run a game.... I mean, yay TGT is here.

I'd like to be able to use the Evas, that is the main hook for me. Mecha anime was the first anime I ever saw and its stuck with me.
Call me Shadow
My A/A