New school new start

Started by Thesunmaid, February 15, 2013, 09:39:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thesunmaid

Fiona was starting a new school and she was nervous as hell. This was high school and she was not happy about being ripped out of her old school..Her mother had remarried and they had moved to this awful place and she sighs walking into the new all girl school. She was not used to an all girl school let alone one with a uniform. Looking down at herself she wrinkles her nose. She hated this. She felt ridiculous wearing this..But its only for two semesters...its only one year...its OK..you can do this Fi..OK...

She had to fill out paper work all morning and she was just getting finished at lunch. Sister mary catherine brought her to the cafeiteria and had offered to show her around and get her introduced to some of the students. She smiled politly and declined simply getting her lunch and moved to a back table sitting down and watched the students and noticed a few were watching her as well and she sort of shrank back and looked down and began to read her book. Bad enough she looked different that most of the girls here with her curly red hair and glasses. She noticed the table of what she guessed were the popular girls looking over and giggling at her and she sighed looking down at her book again. One of her favorites. To kill a mocking bird. It was a book her father gave her when she was 12 and she had loved it ever since.
Some mornings its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Current Status for posts: Caught up (holy shit) Current Status for RP:looking for a few

Vanna Lane

Alex had just sat down to eat lunch with her friends, when the new girl walked in. Her friends grew silent and began murmuring things to each other that she barely paid attention to. They were right about one thing though, the new girl certainly stood out among the crowd without really trying to. You could tell she was unsure of herself in this new environment.

She was looking around at everything with such a look of trepidation that Alex felt sorry for her. She couldn't even begin to imagine how the red headed girl felt. Alex had lived in this town her whole life, grown up with the same snooty people and had never traveled elsewhere. She saw the girl sigh and pick at her lunch, eyes down, face buried in a book.

She admired the flame red hair while nibbling on a carrot stick, half wishing she could get her locks to curl that way. Alex had stick straight, dark brown to black hair, that she kept in a long asymmetrical bob with bangs. The curse of the orient, she had jokingly called it. Her mother was from Colorado and her father was from Japan. She was still gawking like a nerd when she realized that the new girl was staring back at her quizzically.
~ I once dreamed of a love that even time would lie down and be still for ... wishes do come true! ~

Thesunmaid

She looked up when someone bumped into the table to head outside with the exit door right behind her table and then noticed this asian girl staring at her. OK there was also a table full of other girls occasionally looking over and one rolled her eyes when she saw Fiona looking at Alex and one of the girls said to Alex"Looks like someone has a crush on you Alex..but then look at her...she obviously does not condition her hair much..it looks like she skinned a muppet and glued it to her head.."You Friend was sort of fashion obsessed but here where you had to wear a uniform the only things she could snark about was hair shoes and make up. Fiona herself was actually wearing bright red converse high top sneakers and socks with a black backround and little rubber duckies on them and stood up looking embarrassed at now your whole table watching her grabbing her bagged lunch and headed for the door staying in the school.

She growled as she passed your table with a thick british accent"iffen your going to bloody well stare why not stop being harpies and just come out with it.."She looked away and walked off her red curls bouncing and her book clutched to her chest. She took off her glasses when she walked out the cafeteria doors and wiped her eyes and then kept going. Maybe she could find an empty class room to eat her lunch in.
Current Status for posts: Caught up (holy shit) Current Status for RP:looking for a few

Vanna Lane

Alex felt the heat in her face when her friends were teasing her about the new girl having a crush on her. Then she heard them making fun of her beautiful red hair and was about to turn around to tell them to shut up, when all of a sudden the new girl was right there next to her table. She called them harpies, in an accent Alex wasn't too familiar with, then ran out of the cafeteria, leaving Alex with her mouth agape. Alex's friends giggled, calling the new girl a crybaby, like it was the funniest thing in the world. They started on her accent when Alex remembered how to speak.

"That wasn't very nice you guys! She's new, that has to be hard. Plus you made her cry. What's the matter with you?" Alex said quietly, but firmly, raising an eyebrow. When she spoke, even though her voice was so soft, they listened. A couple of her friends were still giggling, but the other three mumbled sorry under their breath, looking down at their trays in embarrassment. Alex got up from the table and quickly raced out the door and into the fairly empty hallway carrying her lunch, her knee length pleated skirt awkwardly sticking to her legs as she ran. Her lime green converses pitter-pattered against the floor.

She looked down one end of the hallway, trying to locate the fiery locks of the new girl. She didn't see anyone down that end, so she started walking down the other end, peeking into empty classrooms. She went inside the girls restroom to see if the other girl was there, peering under the stall doors. Finding the bathroom completely empty she continued her search down the hall looking through the windows on the classroom doors in vain, she thought.

Finally, she spotted the "harpie" girl in the chem lab, eating her lunch by herself. She hesitated only a moment, for she hated confrontation, and upon opening the classroom door, walked swiftly inside. "I'm sorry about my friends..." Alex said, trailing off, unsure what to say next. "They're stupid," she decided on. 'Lame' she thought, 'That sounded so lame....' At first the curly haired girl seemed to not hear her, continuing to chew her food, then swallowing. Slowly she looked up, hitting Alex with a piercing stare.
~ I once dreamed of a love that even time would lie down and be still for ... wishes do come true! ~

Thesunmaid

She looks up at you hearing your voice...sort of made her stomach flip a bit...she had to admit that you staring her had seemed different.But also those dark almond eyes of yours sort of felt different too. Softer somehow. Her own green eyes watched you closely and sighs"I'm sorry I called you a harpy..This is..my 5Th school that I have been to for high school...my stepdad is in the military...so..I am a bit sick of moving you know? But I am 18 now so iffen I wanna stay here and finish things I spose I can.."She realized she was rambling and sighs"Fucking hell..look love...you don't have to run away from yer friends which I am sure you have known since kindergarten to comfort the crazy ginger Brit..."She looks at you and smiles weakly"I spose I should have a thicker skin at times..moving so much I should be used to being new but starting over is bad enough but starting over here in the states is....just..weird."

She looks at you"I'm sorry I'm blatherin on so...umm..I'm Fiona Dunhill...new girl to penguin high.."Her eyes drift down to your converse sneakers and smiles a bit"Nice choice in shoes..I have that color too..mum told me to wear some boring black pair but I told her sorry I am not turnin into some old farts wet dream..even iffen I am not exactly a beauty queen its the uniform.."She smiles a bit.

Vanna Lane

Alex cocked her head slightly to the left side, listening to Fiona’s ramblings. She again wondered where she was from, rather enjoying her accent. It was different, but nice nonetheless. She once again found herself staring so she tried to look elsewhere, hoping it didn’t come across as boredom. It was rather intense for Alex to look at the new girl, as her eyes were quite striking, but at the same time she couldn’t seem to look away for long.

She kept feeling a pulling sensation towards Fiona that she couldn’t explain, it was a new feeling that she was having trouble fighting against. Not being able to help herself any longer, she once again turned her eyes towards Fiona. The new girl was still babbling away. Alex shifted from one foot to the other, trying to decide whether to sit down, or continue standing in the doorway like a complete dork. She walked the rest of the way into the room, letting the door close softly behind her.

Walking towards the new girl indecisively, she decided to plop down next to her, hands resting in her lap, legs crossed at the ankles swinging slightly. She quickly realized that Fiona had stopped talking and was looking at her once more with those beautiful green eyes. They were like an endless sea of emerald. The new girls smile seemed to make her eyes light up a bit, even it was only a half-smile. “I’m Alex…” she said, finally breaking the awkward silence that had seemed to develop, “I like your shoes too.” She grinned, face flushing, wondering why she was so shy all of a sudden. That was completely unlike her.

Thesunmaid

She looks at Alex quizzically and watches her standing in the door way. She stared at you as you walked over and flopped down beside her and she smiles"Well here we are then..i was about to ask iffen you wanted to sit down since you looked a bit torn between standin in the door way displacing the air molecules or coming in. I am glad you made this choice..Didn't need that air much anyway but its better for you to sit down...its nice to know I am not a complete Typhoid Mary after all."

She puts her book down and turns to look at you and was surprised that Alex seemed almost shy...why would a pretty obviously popular girl like this be nervous around a gawky new kid"Erm...forgive the question Alex but do i have somethin in my teeth or on my face? Cause you don't seem to wanna look at me for too long...although if its merely my face throwing you off.."She makes a weird face and then grins"It's ok I don't bite unless provoked. So don't poke the new kid with sticks and you should be fine."She smiles and sits back taking another bite of her sandwich.

Vanna Lane

Alex laughed, feeling less nervous. "Hey, you're pretty funny," she said to Fiona, still chuckling, "And no, to answer your question there's nothing wrong with your face....I guess I just haven't met a new person in awhile. I hope you don’t mind me eating with you,” she said relaxing against the back of the chair. “I’m mad at my friends for being jerks,” Alex stated pointedly. She opened her Cheshire Cat metal lunch box, not waiting for an answer from Fiona. She pulled out her matching metal thermos full of water, a sandwich on two slices of whole grain bread, a  banana and some veggie stir fry with brown rice.

She bit into her sandwich, groaning with delight at the taste. They both chewed in silence for a minute, seeming to really be into their food. ‘This is nice,’ Alex thought. Usually the chatter in the cafeteria made it hard for her to hear her own thoughts, let alone what her friends were talking about. Normally it was about something nonsensical and seemingly irrelevant to her every day life, like hair, fashion or makeup.

The only time she really paid attention was when they talked about sex. She didn’t participate in the conversation, not really having anything to say. She was pretty inexperienced on that particular subject. Although, she never told anyone that. People always just assumed things about her and she didn’t always feel like correcting them. Kids could be cruel if they knew you were different.

She took a sip of water. Alex looked over at Fiona eating her sandwich and was suddenly curious what she was eating. She couldn’t really tell just by looking at it, it wasn’t the usual sort of sandwich, of course neither was hers.  “What are you eating there?” she asked Fiona, politely, taking another bite of her sandwich.

Thesunmaid

She smiles"Yes well it helps to have a snarky attitude when your always the new kid."She sipped her can of coke"I have lived in Great Britain, Berlin, Italy , Greece and now here. so I have gotten used to putting up my shield to fend off barbs and arrows.."She had no idea why she was sharing this with Alex but it seemed some how right to do so."Well friends are like 4 leaf clovers...true ones are hard to find and lucky to have.."She looks at your Cheshire cat lunch box and smiles a bit"How fine you look when dressed in rage. Your enemies are fortunate your condition is not permanent. You're lucky, too. Red eyes suit so few."She had loved Alice in wonderland and really anything by Lewis Caroll when you were a lonely army brat books were your friends.

She looks at you and smiles when you groan"wow this is the part i spose i should say I will have what shes having."She looks at you quizzically as they sat eating"Sitting in the chemistry lab eating lunch with a strange but apparently funny brit...yes truly magical...your an odd lady Alex..but not in a bad way."

She looked down at her sandwich and smiles a bit "Well I call it an Oreo sandwich...you take vanilla fluff and crumble chocolate biscuits on it and squish it together...My dad used to make them for me when i was little...its sort of a comfort food for me..although...i spose its wonder I am not 300 pounds."She looks over at your lunch and it all seemed so healthy and she smiles"I have traveled the world but nothin seems to taste as good as my dad's creation ya know?"She smiles and takes a large chomp not apologetic about it just simply enjoying her sandwich.

Vanna Lane

“I haven’t traveled much of anywhere really, at least not outside of the USA,” Alex stated in a dull voice, embarrassed to admit it, “That sounds like so much fun, I’m kind of jealous actually.” Alex really wanted to travel the world someday. She dreamed of all the places she would go, the people she would meet, the languages and all of the cultural opportunities she would be encounter.

"That's a beautiful saying," Alex said in admiration, "The part about the four leaf clovers. It's nice." Alex looked over in surprise at the reference to her favorite book, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland, "I love Lewis Carroll's books!" She smile, really enjoying Fiona's company, but she also knew that their friendship was something her other friends would never understand. They were too ignorant.

Alex shifted around uncomfortably in her seat at the mention of Fiona’s father. Family was a very touchy subject for her and she really didn’t like to talk about it. “The sandwich sounds good. I like oreos!” Alex said with a small smile. She was hoping that Fiona hadn’t noticed her avoidance of the family subject.

Just then the bell rang, cutting short their conversation rather quickly. Alex hopped up from the table, gathering her trash. “Sorry again about my friends,” she apologized, “I do hope the rest of your day goes better. Who do you have next? I can walk you to class if you’d like,” Alex said hurriedly, pausing at the edge of the table. She didn’t want to seem rude, she just really liked her next class.

Thesunmaid

She smiled"Well next time I go anywhere I will stow ya away in my backpack..I can tell mum that the Asian girl followed me home and can I keep her.."she grins a bit"Well mostly I saw army bases but I am able to speak a few languages pretty well."

She smiles"There was an older lady on one of the bases in Germany...she was Irish and full of these really awesome sayings and was always quoting them to the kids and the soldiers. and Alice in wonderland and the chronicles of Narnia are what got me through the stint in Italy."She smiles a bit.She heard the bell ring and looks at Alex"Umm..I don't suppose you would want to maybe eat lunch with me tomorrow would you? I could bring an extra sandwich if you do the same with your orgasm sandwich.."she smiles a bit.

She shrugs when you apologized for your friends."I keep telling myself all the small mindedness and cliques of high school will not matter in 5 years...and...so far it has not helped much...but I keep telling myself that.."She smiles a bit and then when you asked what her next class is she pulled out her schedule"Uhh...lets see.. ooh English..."she smirks a bit"Seeing as I was born in the country that invented it I should be good at this."

Vanna Lane

Alex giggled when Fiona said she'd pack her away in her backpack. "That would be fun," Alex said, imagining being stuffed inside of a bag, "Sadly i'd probably fit inside of your bookbag. I'm pretty miniature!" Alex laughed again, as they started their way towards the lockers. "Army bases?" Alex questioned, furrowing her brows together.

"Alice's Adventures In Wonderland and Through The Looking Glass are my top two favorite books of all time! They're complete and utter nonsense, but somehow there's always something new to discover, you know? Like you can read a book dozens of times and notice something each time that you didn't see before," Alex rambled, while rummaging through her locker, trying to locate her book.

"Does that make any sense?" She asked Fiona, not sure whether she was rambling. "The orgasm sandwich, I like that. I'd love to trade sandwiches," said Alex, blushing when she said orgasm. "Found it!" Alex said, proudly holding up her long lost treasure. "I also have English next! With Mr. Collins, right? He's my favorite teacher, I just love him," Alex gushed, eyes bright.

Thesunmaid

She looked at Alex and how she got so animated about the books and smiles"well I would try to get my largest so you would be comfortable.."she walks with you"My step dad is in the army..its why I have been to so many different places..this is the 4th high school I have been to..And the last since hes setting up for retirement next year. Hes older than my mum..so..."

She watched as you gushed about the books and it was refreshing that someone would get that excited over literature instead of going on about how hot some guy is... Alex seemed different from the other girls...but she was also very pretty Fiona noticed...god she could be a model..or one of those perfect china dolls.

She smiles as you said you both shared your next class"I has heard he was a good teacher.."She smiles"well I will make an extra tomorrow for lunch and then we can find a nice empty class room to have our lunch time rendezvous in."She grabbed her books and followed you"Well well miss Alex you have gone from quite to chatty in 30 seconds..I must say you are interesting though."She grins.

Vanna Lane

"Thanks," Alex said, "I'm glad you think I am interesting. My friends think I'm weird." She stuck out her tongue and wrinkled her nose after saying that. Alex tried to pretend she didn't notice Fiona staring at her, but she was beginning to feel a bit uncomfortable. Not necessarily in a bad way, just in a strange way that was hard for her to put her finger on.

It almost made her feel embarrassed or like she should be self conscious. She still felt pretty nervous, but she tried not to show it. Her palms were kind of sweaty and her book slipped out of her hands, onto the tile floor of the hallway. 'Maybe I just ate something bad,' Alex thought, trying to remember if she had eaten anything questionable recently. She was coming up with nothing.

She licked her lips, nervously and bent down to get the book. Fiona just so happened to bend down at the same time and they bumped heads. "Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry," Alex said, rubbing her bruised noggin, which was probably less bruised than her ego. ' Why am I being such a geek?!' Alex wondered, silently kicking herself. "Are you ok?" she asked Fiona, noticing her holding her head too.

Thesunmaid

She smirks looking at you"Well you are a bit weird love... that's what makes you interesting...don't worry about it..I am an oddball myself."She looks at the book slip out of Alex's hand and reaches down picking it up for you and then blinks falling back on her butt and laughs"Thats all right..I have a pretty hard head..."In the time she is getting up as it typical with those school skirts she accidently flashed her underwear at you not realizing it. Looked to be hot pink plaid.

She chuckles and stands up looking you worried and then leans forward and presses her lips to your forehead and looks thoughtful as she stepped back"hmm...you don't have a fever...do you want me to help you to the nurses office?"She looks at your confused look and smiles a bit"Shit...umm..my hands tend to be a bit on the cold side so..so did my mums... that's how she would test for fevers...I hope that wasn't too personal..."

She looks at you and takes your hand"Oi come on...you should sit down..you look a bit pale..."She leads you to the stairs."Alex..come on now love..you can't be gettin sick on me now.."

Vanna Lane

Alex was going to try to help Fiona up, but was instantly distracted by the flash of panties from underneath the other girl's skirt. Her jaw dropped slightly as her face flushed a deep crimson. She felt speechless all of a sudden and as if she were frozen in time. All she could seem to think about were those plaid, pink panties. She shook her head side to side to try and clear out the cobwebs.

She had seen plenty of girls in their panties in the locker rooms and it hadn't made one bit of difference then. So, she didn't know why it mattered now. Before she really got her bearings, Fiona kissed her forehead and her train of thought was lost once again. Her lips were soft and warm against her skin. Although she barely felt it, in the same instant it was all she could seem to think about.

As these thoughts seemed to flow freely, she tried to push them out of her head. This way of thinking was new to her and something she couldn't seem to wrap her mind around yet. "Thank you, I think I'm going to be ok," Alex said, faltering a little, "We're almost there. The classroom is just around the corner." She pointed down the hallway at Mr. Collin's door, offering a small smile.

Thesunmaid

She looks at you worried and then nods"Well all right...but you tell me if you feel lightheaded again..I will take you to the nurse...if you can tell me where it is..anyway.. Um...come on.."She takes your arm and walks with you towards the classroom watching you. She was feeling odd right now..her stomach felt all fluttery and she was not usually the type that cared about people...but Alex was different. Her dark eyes just seemed to suck her in..she could probably happily sit there and look into them..and the fact that such a beautiful girl seemed so shy..it struck her as odd...Alex did not seem to realize how beautiful she was.

Fiona had realized a while back she might not be completely attracted to guys...her last relationship had opened her eyes that she might not even like guys that much...but she was very confused about it still. Her ex boyfriend in Germany..he had been nice enough but he never seemed fully comfortable with her and things had ended badly when she left to move here..and now there was Alex...but...god fi...shes just the first person whose been nice to you..nothing more...get your mind out of the gutter..she probably has a boyfriend anyway..look at her...shes gourgous and sweet..who would not want to be with her...and she was well read..which was..sort of hot...dammit! Fiona just forget it...class think about class!

She walked in and the teacher did the usual class this is our new student blah blah blah tell us a bit about yourself which she did very breifly and then he told her to take a seat and she smiled seeing it was right next to Alex and he started the class.

Vanna Lane

Alex saw Fiona shifting her feet side to side uncomfortably as Mr. Collins read the note she possessed, silently moving his lips. He peered down at her with a big grin on his face, possibly gleeful that he was finally taller than one of his students. “Girls and boys, this here is a new student. Here name is Fiona, isn’t that wonderful?” announced Mr. Collins, beaming like a proud parent.

Alex couldn’t help but to smile when he smiled that big, she thought as she took her seat. The new girl flushed, mortified, with even her ears and neck turning a deep shade of red. Everyone stared at her while she could do nothing but stare at the floor. It was an awkward, silent moment. All the students were sizing her up. The guys were trying to guess if she put out and the girls were trying to decide whether or not she was a threat to their reputations.

The consensus was that she was not a threat. So, everyone went back to what they had been doing previously as if nothing happened. That’s high school for you, though. Alex was glad that Mr. Collins had seated Fiona next to her, even though it made her feel nervous to have her so close. Carmen poked her from her seat behind Alex and leaned forward to ask her something, but Alex shushed her, not really in the mood to listen to her stupid remarks.

Thesunmaid

She hated this part...being put on display like some doll at an antique show and sighs as she sat down one of the guys in front of her turned around"Welcome to the school Carrots if you ever wanna have a good ride you know where to find me.."She looked up at him saying"Yes I am sure your services will not be needed..thank you anyway."The guy blinks and growls at her"Hey! I am not lookin to give you services! I was looking to give you sex.."Fiona looks at him"Wow...your quite the Lotherio aren't you...how proud your mother must be at your panty peeling intellect..I quiver in anticipation at your next stunt...oh the dreams of dating one so low on the food chain.."He glares at her"Yeah well you will want me eventually..."She smiled sweetly"Yes...actually you are now on my list of most wanted things...your right above athletes foot and directly below a severe head injury.."

The guy was about to say more when the teacher quipped that they needed to begin and that was enough socializing with the new student and  the guy turned away and looks forward and Fiona looks at you and smiles a bit.

Vanna Lane

Fiona's quips had Alex giggling so hard, that she nearly fell out of her chair. Tears were filling her eyes to the brim, threatening to spill over. As covered her mouth, shaking silently with laughter. She was fighting hard to contain herself, because she didn't want to get into trouble with Mr. Collins. Thankfully, he seemed to be chuckling himself as well and didn't feel it necessary to reprimand the students who couldn't seem to help themselves.

Roy, the boy Fiona had just stood up to, turned beet red and sunk down further into his seat. He muttered under his breath that he didn't see what was so funny while glaring angrily ahead at the dry erase board. Alex admired that someone could speak so freely and cleverly like that. She was too afraid to really stand up for herself much and she always seemed to think of intelligent responses way after the fact. Alex saw Fiona's small, quirky smile flash her direction and couldn't help but to smile right back at her.

Thesunmaid

Fiona smiled at the boy"Sorry...your not my type there java man..I like a fully developed frontal cortex..it makes my panties wet."She smiles and then opened her book and looks over at you and winks.When she had been standing up after falling down she had not only flashed poor miss Alex but had gotten a glimpse of what was under Alex's skirt as well and tried to push the thought of it away.

She sat and tried not to stare at Alex through the class but she had already studied Shakespearean sonnets last year...but she did enjoy them quite a bit and Alex might notice as the teacher read aloud from the play hamlet Fiona would seem to murmur along with him not looking at the book."This above all, to thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any man..."Then Fiona noticed people were looking at her confused and she blushed a bit and glared back"Its the bard...and I know how to read stop looking at me like that..."She grumbled and sighs looking over at you looking self conscious...honestly she didn't much care what the rest of them thought of her...just you..she didn't want to see any kind of mocking or annoyance in those lovely dark eyes of yours...you seemed to understand what a good book could do.And fuck if that didn't make her a goddess in Fiona's eyes...brains and beauty and she was nice!she was expecting to wake up any moment to find it all a dream.

Vanna Lane

Alex, done with her laughing fit, was trying really hard to pay attention in class. Although she loved listening to Shakespeare being read, she didn't understand much of what was being said. It was lyrical and pretty, but complete and utter gibberish to her! Try as she might, she could only ever understand half of what was going on. With her friends not being in class, it did seem to make it much easier to concentrate.

Reading it on her own it made more sense, because she could take the time to interpret it, whereas in class she was too embarrassed to ask questions. She was always afraid of other people laughing at her. Alex kept hearing someone else reciting Hamlet besides Mr. Collins and out of the corner of her eye she saw that that person was Fiona. Alex glanced over at Fiona to see her looking right back at her, and she smiled. 'Maybe she can help me with my Shakespeare comprehension,' Alex pondered. That would mean they would be spending a lot of time together.

She wondered if Fiona would be up for that and made a mental note to ask her after class. Mr. Collins was announcing the homework right as the bell rang for the next period. Her classmates rushed out in a frenzy, ignoring him to the best of their ability. Alex hung back, jotting down the assignment details. She did care about her grades, despite what everyone thought about her. Alex was very aware that high school wasn't forever and that someday she would end up in the real world. She wanted to be prepared.

Fiona was at the door, waiting for her. Alex asked her offhandedly if she wanted to work on the homework assignment together tonight. She wasn't sure if she would be available, but was hoping that she would be.

Thesunmaid

She sat back not wanting to go to her next class which was gym...she hated gym...all sweaty and gross and she was not very coordinated...she hated that they seemed to praise athletic ability so highly...what was so great about being able to throw a ball or hit it...or kick it...the only sport she had ever been any good at was archery and that was because it didn't take a lot of sweating.

She listened to the teach for the rest of the class enthralled in the reading of hamlet...yes she had taken it before but it was one of her favorite plays and then looks at Alex as she was writing her assignment down and smiled"I was sort of hoping you could tell me where the gym was..."She wrinkles her nose"Not that i won't take any excuse not to go but still..."She rolls her eyes and sighs and then looks at Alex with interest when she asked if Fiona wanted to do their homework together and smiles"Sure...i was sort of hoping to ask if you were free sometime...but you seem pretty popular so I didn't want to take up all your time."She was smiling now despite the fact she had gym now. She would get a chance to hang out with a new friend..and a cute smart one at that.

Vanna Lane

"Sure," said Alex with a huge smile, "I'd love to. I just have to stop off at my locker to grab my Geometry book." Alex stuck out her tongue and stood up, walking out with Fiona. She wasn't too fond of Geometry. All those shapes and such....they just didn't register well with her. Fiona and Alex passed Carmen on their way out the door. She dropped her mouth open slightly and cocked up her right eyebrow in surprise.

"Hey there," said Carmen, holding her books against her chest in one hand and flipping back her long long wavy blonde hair with the other. "Where'd you go after lunch? I looked everywhere for you," she managed to make her voice sound sweet, but Alex knew she was annoyed. She put one hand on her hip and pressed her lips together like she was trying not to say something that she really wanted to say.

"I was trying to make sure the new girl felt welcome. You guys weren't exactly nice to her," said Alex, not afraid of the tall, leggy twig in the slightest. Sometimes she wondered why she was even friends with her. Maybe she felt like she had to be? "Oh right, that. Sorry about that new girl. I'm kind of a bitch. Don't mind me," Carmen apologized, looking at Fiona. Alex knew that she probably didn't even mean it and that it was more for her own benefit rather than Fiona's.

Thesunmaid

She smiles as you said yes"Sounds good to me...my last class is..."She looks at you"oddly enough chemistry.."She chuckles"Well I guess I know where that is..except I will not be having as much of a pleasant time as I did at lunch."She stopped and looked at Carmen and stopped talking and stands there looking at her.

"My name is Fiona and its nice to meet you. And my condolences...I had heard that someone dropped a house on your sister and stole her shoes..."She smiles sweetly and takes out a scrap of paper and scribbles her number on it"Now I see you two have alot to talk about so I am off to gym glass. I will see you about that report we were assigned Alex."She shot you a look that said I'm sorry and walked off down the hall. She could tell Carmen didn't like her and was only being nice to her because of Alex. She didn't need this right now. She was hoping you would not hate her right now..But she didn't feel like trading fake smiles with tall leggy and bitchy.

Vanna Lane

"See you," Alex called out in a sing-song voice as she pocketed the slip of paper. "Wow, she's such a doll," Carmen said, her voice dripping with sarcasm, "I have no idea why we aren't friends." Alex laughed at her friend, unable to help herself. She could tell that she was jealous of Fiona talking to Alex without her around. They had been friends since the first grade. A boy had pushed Alex down at recess one day and made her cry. So Carmen stood up for her by punching the guy in the face and giving him a black eye. They had been best friends ever since. Sometimes she got extremely possessive of Alex, like they were dating or something.

"You're kind of a bitch sometimes you know that?" Alex asked with a cheeky grin, knowing that Carmen would most likely take it as a compliment.

"You know it!" Carmen agreed with a wink, "And you know you love every minute of it." Carmen threw her arm around Alex, who chuckled softly.

"I suppose you're right," Alex smiled, just barely lifting the corners of her mouth, "You know she and I will most likely be hanging out now and I'd like you to be a little nicer to her. Could you do that for me, please?"

Carmen shrugged, "I kind of figured. I can't promise anything, you know how I am, but I will definitely try. For you. OK?" she had stopped walking long enough to look Alex in the eyes, letting her know she was serious.

"OK. Good enough," Alex squeezed her friend around the waist, "I believe you," she said, and she did believe her for the most part. Alex was just hoping she wouldn't cause trouble because she didn't really need the drama in her life right now. Carmen walked with her to the next class that they shared and they took their seats. Alex turned down the corners of her mouth a little, having trouble focusing on anything but the fact that Fiona had hurried away so quickly.

Thesunmaid

She got through the stupid gym class with the minimal injuries. They were playing volleyball a sport which she detested and was not very good at...why was physical education even required...god. She was sweaty and gross and grabbing a quick shower and getting changed she stayed away from the others. She was still shy about letting anyone see her body.She made it through by thinking she had one more class and then she would get to spend some time with her new friend.

She headed back to chemistry class and slipped into a seat getting there a few moments early and looked up seeing people walking in and sees you walking in as well and smiles"Well maybe this class will not be so terrible after all.."She smiles as you walk over"well it looks like i won't have to try to get a hold of you after class..since we go home after this."She looks at you"umm your friend there is not upset at me for taking you away at lunch time Alex...I didn't mean to monopolize your time.."She looks down"Its..just sort of nice to meet someone who actually wants to spend any amount of time with me.."

Vanna Lane

Alex is happy to see Fiona in her last class of the day. Sitting down beside her, she sighed, "Don't worry about her. She's protective of me for some reason. Always been that way, but she's like the big sister I never had. Just so you know." Alex looked away quickly, feeling her face get warm once more. She really didn't know why she felt the need to say that or even why she was embarrassed. She was so awkward today and she didn't understand why.

She didn't really have much time to analyze it though before Mrs. Grendall strolled through the door and insisted everyone had to be quiet. Alex scribbled on a piece of paper quickly, while looking right at the teacher. To her it would seem like she was taking notes, but really she was writing a note to Fiona. It read as follows: 'Are we going to your place or mine after school?' Alex scribbled down her number at the bottom, just in case.

Getting it to Fiona shouldn't be a problem, Alex had always been the master at passing notes. Teachers also just never suspected she did anything wrong because she got great grades and never got in trouble. She stuck it in her chemistry book, noticing that Fiona didn't have one and passed it across her desk. Alex nodded at the book. Fiona looked confused for a second, but grabbed it anyway. If Mrs. Grendall asked, they were sharing a book.

Thesunmaid

Mrs grendall who had been teaching since the 60's and was counting the days until retirement looked up and saw Alex handing her book to Fiona"Ah Alex I see you are helping our new student feel welcome...good girl. Thank you for that..Miss.."She looks down at her class list"Miss Rourke...very well I will have a text book for you tomorrow...well...since you would not have a book I will hold off on giving assignments today.."She smiles a bit as the class were confused and happy at this.

She turns away and starts writing today's notes on the board and Fiona seeing her turn away looked at the note and started writing"Well its up to you...My dad is away on business and mum is a nurse so she will be working a late shift at the hospital. So its up to you if you want to be alone with me...But it will be quieter. I don't bite so you can call off your friend. I am not planning on kidnapping you and tying you to the railroad tracks.By the way..i find it hilarious we are being taught by someone whose named after Beowulf's mum Grendal. Don't you?"

She passed it back to you and then started scribbling the notes that the teacher was writing the notes down and trying to make it look as if she was paying attention but was thrilled that Alex wanted to still hang out with...god she was adorable when she got nervous...dammit Fi.....shes a friend...the only one you might get this year...don't get yer hopes up..

Vanna Lane

Alex smiled at the teacher when she thanked her for helping Fiona, "It was my pleasure, Mrs. Grendall, I just wanted to make sure she wasn't missing out on the lesson." She felt kind of sheepish because she lied to Mrs. Grendall. It was a half truth really. She sighed in relief along with the rest of the class upon hearing there would be no homework assignment. That was one less thing she had to worry about.

Looking at Fiona's reply, she quickly jotted down an answer. 'I'd love to go to your house.' She started to pass it over to her new friend, but had a last minute message to add. 'What's Beowulf?' Alex didn't watch many movies, assuming that's what Fiona was talking about. She always had to fight over the remote at her house. She much preferred books anyway.

Passing the note back to Fiona, she watched first as she smiled, probably regarding the first part. She noticed how her eyes crinkled at the corners when she was grinning and wondered if Fiona realized that she was so utterly cute. Then Fiona gave her a look that was incredulous, probably because of the Beowulf question. People usually gave her that look when she didn't know what something was. So, she had pretty much stopped responding unless it was a direct question that was asked.

Thesunmaid

She smiles a bit at the teacher"Alex has been very kind to me ma'am....she has showed me where classrooms are and we will be working on our english report this evening so she can help me get caught up."Mrs grendall beams and nods"Thats the type of thing i like to see in my students...the ones that excel helping the ones who do not understand..it warms my heart."

She smiles and then turns to write on the board and she looks at your note and looks a bit surprised and then scribbles back"Oh if you have not read it you should...its a book...and its wonderful..I can loan it to you..Its an epic poem about a hero who helps save a kingdom from a monster called the Grendel...and then he has to go and fight other things like dragons..its sort of like the Scandinavian version of Hercules."She hands it back blushing and looks down"I...read alot...sorry.."

Vanna Lane

Alex smiled at the compliment from dear old Mrs. Grendall and nodded. Upon reading Fiona's response, Alex realized that she had been wrong in her assumption that Beowulf was a movie and was v glad they were writing notes rather than having an actual conversation. She would have been really embarrassed if she had said that comment aloud. Alex thought that Fiona was pretty when she blushed. It brought a nice rosy color to her cheeks. She smiled at Fiona, jotting down her reply.

'Oh. I've never read it before. It's good that you read a lot, I do too.' She chewed on her pen thoughtfully, before penning another thought, 'I'll text home after class to let my family know I'm going to your house after school today. Where do you live? They'll want to know, just in case. Also... How are we getting there?' Alex folded the note carefully, making it as small as possible. Checking to see if the teacher was looking, she handed the note to  Fiona, accidentally brushing her fingers against Fiona's.

Thesunmaid

Looking over at you and smiles a bit as she read it and started to write"I will loan it to you..I have it in English.. um..its a bit old timey wording but I am sure you will like it."

She looks over at you and smiles a bit and then looks down at the note she was writing and looked thoughtfully"We don't live far from here..I walk to school its only 3 blocks away over on Elliot court."She scribbled her phone number again in case they wanted to call."I hope that's OK if we walk...I suppose there's a bus if you want but it seems a bit silly for a few blocks away ya know?"

She hands it back to you and then starts writing down her notes for chemistry.

Vanna Lane

The sound of Alex smacking herself in the forehead made Mrs. Grendall turn around to look at the class room. The teacher trained her eyes on Alex even though Alex was hoping she wouldn't. "Is something the matter Alex?" she asked, the whole class turning to stare at Alex as well. 'I am such a ditz,' thought Alex, but what she said in reply was, "Nothing pressing, Mrs. Grendall. I just forgot one of my assignments at home, is all."

Alex looked sheepishly at the teacher who replied with a smile, "Well I'm sure it will be alright. You can ask your teacher for an extension, I'm sure." She turned back around to face the board continuing with her lesson, "Now class..." Alex wasn't paying attention though, she was too busy scribbling a note back to Fiona, 'I completely forgot you already gave me your number. I'm a spaz. Sorry about that. Walking sounds good."

Alex passed the note to Fiona just as the bell rang. 'Perfect timing,' Alex thought to herself with a soft sigh. Picking up her books, she filed out of the room with the rest of her classmates, pausing by Fiona's desk to wait for her. She was excited to go to her new friend's house after school. The school day seemed to be stretching on forever.

Thesunmaid

She blinks seeing you smacking yourself in the head and looks at her bewildered. Crap did she say something wrong in her note? did she catch the slight blush when their hands touched...oh bugger...she think your a freak now fi...only a matter of time really..well it was nice while is lasted.."
She looks at up the teacher as she started talking and when the bell rang she was surprised when alex handed her the note"So...you still want to come over...and I didn't mean to make you feel foolish...its just i handed you a small scrap of paper that was easily lost...so...I wanted to make sure you had the number in case it got lost..."She looks at you with red cheeks"Is...that why you smacked yourself....I mean you really don't have to worry..."She walked out with you as they walked down the hall"I just need to grab my english notes and then we can go unless you need to stop by your locker in which case we can and...i am rambling because i am not used to people wanting to come over so...sorry.."She blushed more and started to undo the combo on her locker.

Vanna Lane

Alex looked at Fiona, confused. She didn't know why Fiona seemed so nervous, she was rambling again. Alex shook her head saying, "No it's OK, I just forgot I had it. Really?" she asked, unsure why anyone wouldn't want to go over to Fiona's house. Fiona was wonderful, smart and clever.

"Of course I want to come over, silly," said Alex, shoving Fiona playfully and gently as they walked down the hall together. "I can't wait to see your house. Did you know that you can tell a lot about a person just by looking at their bedroom? I learned that in my psychology class. It's such a shame that it's not a year long class, I love it so much."

Answering Fiona she replied with, "Yeah. I need to grab my backpack. I already put my homework and books inside. Oh and I need to text my parents," Alex gushed. She didn't know why she was talking so much. She guessed that she just felt really comfortable with Fiona, like she had known her forever. Grabbing her bookbag, they walked out of the school together. Alex wasn't sure what to expect, but texted to tell her family where she was going. She got a text back saying that it was OK and they were off, talking as they walked to Fiona's.

Thesunmaid

She blushes a bit and looks down"I am just..not used to people being so nice to me is all...I mean you have been so friendly and nice.."and bloody well gourgous...but she was not saying that out loud right now.

She got her books and walked with you and smiles a bit"well mine if full of half unpacked boxes and alot of books...i would love to hear what Freud thought of that"Zo you are havink boxes in jour room...dis is a classical sign of your muzzah has not breast fed you for nearly long enough...zee boxes represent zee womb..."She laughs softly"actually Sigmund...the boxes are in an induction i need to unpack..."She grins"You can analyze my room all you like once I get it unpacked and repainted...its this terrible yellow color...I mean even the ceiling...who paints their room yellow?"She makes a face."Its like sleeping inside a marshmallow peep."She shakes her head"I am planning to repaint it on the weekend. My stepdads going to get me the paint I want."

She watched her text her parents and smiled"I am assuming they don't think i am a serial killer or my mother is not an insane cat lady so its ok?"She laughs softly.

Vanna Lane

Alex tucked her short black hair behind her ears, listening to Fiona, "I'm sure it's hard being new and I just wanted to make you feel welcome. So, really, don't mention it," Alex stole a peek at Fiona, who appeared to be looking at her feet as they walked.

"I love Sigmund and Freud..." Alex said, her laughter cutting off the rest of her sentence. Once she caught her breath, she wiped the moisture from her eyes with both hands. She scrunched up her nose and stuck out her tongue in disgust, "I hate yellow, too. It's gross."

"What's the new color going to be?" questioned Alex, curious. She loved peeps. Right on cue her stomach growled with hunger. She hoped Fiona had snacks, as she had a hard time concentrating while she was hungry. She smiled when Fiona asked her about the text, "Yeah Gina said it was alright with her." She felt like she could talk to Fiona about her family. It was a good feeling, a feeling she wasn't used to.

Thesunmaid

She looked at you and smiled"Well Thank you...i really do appreciate it...i mean..the getting used to a new place is hard enough but when you have to worry about getting used to a whole new school as well"She smiles at you watching you and she wanted to reach out and touch your hair..it looked so soft..

Yeah well I am sure in the end he would turn it into a twisted sex thing...and i prefer my sex untwisted if possible.."she smiles*yeah well i was thinking about painting it green and I found a really nice border that will match my bedspread...and I am just going to make the ceiling white. That way I am not stareing up at the peep ceiling. I also got some of those glow in the dark stars for my ceiling. I had em for my old room."

She blinked and looks down and smiles"well I think we had better get to my place and feed you...before your stomach speaks again.."she looks at you curiously"Is gina your mum?"

Vanna Lane

Nodding, Alex  smiled at Fiona. "I can imagine it's hard being new all the time with all the moving around you've done. Although, i can't say i know how you feel. I've lived in the same place all my life," said Alex, sighing as she absentmindedly kicked a rock down the stretch of road ahead of them.  Without even thinking about what she was saying, Alex blurted out excitedly, "I'd love to see those stars at night!" Alex clapped a hand over her mouth in slight shock.

She recovered quickly, trying to play it cool by saying, "I mean, I bet they're pretty. I've never had those glow-in-the-dark stars..." She trailed off, suddenly a bit shy. She smiled and peeked over at Fiona who was looking back rather intently. Alex's breath caught in her throat as her heart fluttered beneath her breast. She didn't know why Fiona's gaze unnerved her, but it made her feel nervous. She hoped the other girl didn't notice as she wiped her sweaty palms on the sides of her dress.

Alex hesitated slightly, biting her lower lip thoughtfully when Fiona asked about Gina. Most people started treating her different once they found out about her parents, looking at her with pity. She just couldn't stand it if Fiona ever looked at her that way too. Taking a deep breath, she began slowly, "No, Gina is my aunt. I've lived with her since I was 12," Alex paused, not wanting to look at Fiona while she said the next part. It was hard for her to talk about.

Deciding that the best way to get it out was to do it fast, like ripping off a bandaid, she continued, "My parents were killed by a drunk driver when I was young. They were on their way to pick me up from school and when they didn't show, I just waited. I remember sitting on the school steps looking down the road for their car. I waited for what seemed like hours as the night came and raindrops started to fall. They were never late, but had always told me to wait for them. So, I did." She bit the inside of her cheek to keep from crying before proceeding with her story.

She could feel Fiona's eyes on her, but still avoided looking at her for fear that she would lose it. "I was scared of having to stay in the dark any longer. When I finally saw headlights, it turned out that they belonged to my aunt's car. The first thing she did when I got in the car was to hug me. She was acting strange and I was worried. She pulled back and told me about my parent's collision before embracing me again, tighter this time. I remember my whole body going numb... After that I moved in with her..." her voice cracked up with emotion as the tears threatened to fall. Not wanting to cry in front of someone she barely knew, she looked the opposite direction, trying to find some kind of a distraction.

Thesunmaid

She looks at you and smiles a bit"You get used to it..I mean I don't even have that much to unpack..just my books and my clothes and a few keepsakes..My mum and stepdad would buy me new bedding and stuff each time we moved so we had less to take with us.She looks at you and smiles about how excited you got about things"Well I have a blind on my window you could probably see them pretty well..."

She looked at you as you tried to play it cool and smiles a bit"You there's nothing wrong with being excited about things that are new...I mean I used to get excited when we moved but as I got older it just got to the other shoe dropping for us moving.."She looks at you and smiles a bit."But we are staying here now...my step dad Micheal is retired now so I will be stayin here. Although even iffen he didn't I would..i am sick of moving.."

She looks at you worried as you sort of went quiet and she stopped as you told her the story and her eyes went wide and she stared at you as you were talking hearing the whole story and she suddenly moved in and hugged you"I'm so sorry you had to wait in the dark like that.. that's awful...and not knowing what was happening...you were so brave to be able to stay by yourself like that.."She realized she was hugging you pretty tightly and blushed pulling back"umm..sorry..but i sorta know how you feel..when i was 10 I got lost in the woods by our house...in...god I think we were still in England at the time..we lived in a house just outside of London...I was scared stiff the entire time..I was bawling my eyes out the entire time..it was a wonder i wasn't shriveled up by the time my neighbor found me and took me home.."She smiled"I bet yer aunts real nice though..I would like to meet her sometime if that's ok? I mean you can meet mum and Micheal sometime...just Micheal's away for a meeting for his new job and mum works as a nurse at the hospital so she won't be home till late...so.."she smiles a bit"come on..its this way.."she pulled you up to an oldish looking farm house with green trim and walked up to the door pulling out her key.

Vanna Lane

Alex's emotions were bubbling up inside her. This was the first person to really hug her in ages. Most people didn't know what to do with themselves, let alone her after her parents' funeral. It felt so good to be hugged that she momentarily forgot to hug back. Before she got the chance to really react, Fiona pulled away rather quickly. "Thank you, it's OK. It doesn't hurt as much as it used to..." Alex said simply, not seeing any need to elaborate.

"I'd like to meet them and sure, it'd be nice for you to meet my aunt as well," she said quickly. She wasn't so used to other people caring so much,  besides her aunt of course. Fiona was so nice and compassionate. It just made Alex like her all the more.  When Fiona mentioned that her mom and step dad wouldn't be home, it made her heart skip a beat. Alex wasn't sure that Fiona even was thinking about her that way, which made her feel guilty for even having those thoughts.

Her new friend was such an amazing person and Alex didn't want to mess this up. She hadn't had a real friend in such a long time, that she was probably making the whole situation out to be something it was not. Carmen had been there for her, but she always wondered whether or not she had a hidden agenda. Fiona grabbed her hand and led her to a big, beautiful farmhouse. She loved that it had her favorite color as the trim. Alex followed Fiona inside, an excited air surrounding her.

Thesunmaid

She looks at you and was very worried her hug had freaked you out but when she sees you smile she relaxed"but..it still hurts..I know...i actually hated the royal british army for taking my dad away from me. I was angry for a very long time. But time makes you hate them less. I think I will always miss dad but knowing he was seen as a hero..that helped after I got over being angry. And my step dad was nice and eventually we came to an agreement about being a family..Although...I have to admit I have pulled the Your not my real dad thing.."

She smiles a bit"I know...you will have to deal with my cooking for dinner if you would like to stay..I promise I will not poison you.."She smiles at you and walked inside to a nicely although slightly messy house..it would seem that fiona was not the only one with unpacking to do."Can i offer you something to drink? and if you want we can descend into the peep room..try not to stare at the walls too much.."she smirks a bit"You could go blind."

Vanna Lane

"I'm so sorry about your dad. That must have been hard. That's great he was a hero, you must be so proud," Alex said quietly with a small smile, "It seems like you and your step dad have a good relationship though." Alex glanced at Fiona when she caught her looking at her out of the corner of her eye. Fiona was so bold in many ways, but also so shy in others. She found it cute and endearing. She felt  strange connection with her that made her feel unusually comfortable.

The house was warm and inviting, Alex noticed, albeit a bit cluttered. It wasn't dirty by any means, but everything seemed so scattered and unorganized. "Good to know you're not some kind of serial killer," joked Alex, hoping Fiona would see the humor in her comment rather than be offended, "Thank you, I'm starving!" Alex rubbed her stomach as it growled once more, "Water would be fine. Um...sure. Sounds like a plan." She was glad to finally be alone, but she was also slightly nervous that she would scare her away.

Thesunmaid

She looks at you and smiles"I miss him but i will see him again some day. And yeah my stepdad is a nice guy...he treats my mom well so..and its sort of nice to be living in our own house...I can actually pain my room anyway I like. I used to have to deal with base teachers too...that was annoying...they used to treat us all like little soldiers. I never thought nuns would be less strict.."She smiles a bit and walks off to the kitchen leading you inside"Just have a seat..sorry I can't cook anything really fancy..but we have pizza pockets."

She tosses it in the microwave and looks at you and smiles"I am too..."She goes into the fridge and moves over handing you a bottle of water and smiles"You don't have to look nervous...I am not a serial killer...I had to give that up..they took my murder kit when we went through customs.."She grins and gets the pizza pockets and sits down with you."Are you ok? You look sorta nervous...I promise i don't bite."

Vanna Lane

"That's good that he treats you guys well. I can't imagine dealing with base teachers. Sounds really complicated," said Alex, grimacing slightly, "Pizza pockets are fine." Actually they sounded positively divine. Alex hadn't had pizza in awhile. "My aunt keeps only healthy things in the house, which I love, but she's as strict vegetarian. I respect her choices and the food is actually really good, but sometimes I just want to go on a junk food binge when I'm stressed."

Alex smiled sheepishly, chuckling at her confession. She had never shared that with anyone. Her friends wouldn't understand because they were all about counting calories, which was annoying. As she took the water, she giggled at Fiona's humor. It was quirky, but in a cute way. She bit into the pizza pocket, distracted at the thought of actually being bitten by such a lovely creature. She yelped as cheese oozed onto her thumb and burned her flesh as it flowed down the top of her hand.

Thesunmaid

She grins as you talked about the vegetarian thing"Well...then I will promise that I will keep the freezer well stocked with crap that's bad for you and you can come over anytime you want to binge."She laughs softly"My mum tries to get me and Micheal to eat better but we both are big on not cooking when we are really hungry."she moved over setting the plates down and then moves to the fridge and gets them each a can of coke"is this ok? or did you just wanna stick with water? I know by my diet I should be about 300 pounds but i have a weird metabolism."She blinked as you  burned yourself and looked suddenly worried"Oh shite..."She took your hand and flicked the cheese off and pulled you to the sink and ran the cold water pushing your hand gently under it"I guess it has been a while since you had pizza.."she smiles."So should i feed it to you?"she chuckles softly and looks at your hand"I don't think its too bad..just a little red."she smiled at you.

iambrowncoat

room for  one more person  in the roleplay i figuerd id ask insted of just chiming in my two cents

iambrowncoat

i may have a idea that will work for three people that would work with me working  more than one charicter  give me a few moments to work out the finer points keep your eyes opean for a new thread called wise guys and dolls  if your intrested join if not i understand

Vanna Lane

"Ow. That smarted a bit," Alex said, trying to play it off like it was nothing. "I love Coke!" She exclaimed excitedly, "Well the soda that is." Alex chuckled at her pun, not entirely caring anymore if she sounded lame. She figured that if Fiona hadn't yet run away screaming, she was safe. Having Fiona feed her would be kind of embarrassing and it would make her feel like a goober. "Oh, haha, no thanks. That would be slightly... awkward," Alex grinned great big.

She almost added, 'but I wouldn't complain if you kissed it and made it better,' but she kept that thought to herself. Alex chided herself for even having such thoughts. She had no idea what the consequences could be. For all she knew, she could very well end up pushing away the only person she felt like she could truly talk to. The connection between them almost sizzled like electricity. When Fiona touched her hand, Alex half expected to see blue sparks.

iambrowncoat

Thesunmaid

She giggled softly looking at you smiling"Its OK..i understand what you mean..and you don't strike me as a drug user."She looked down at you hand and realized she was still holding it and blushed slightly and then looks down at her hand and leans down and kissed her hand and smiled"My grandmother would do that for me if i got a scrape or a burn somewhere."She grins and then let go of your hand but she was reluctant."And besides i have to practice taking care of people anyway...I want to someday get into that as a career...that or a writer..I was thinking if i could I might become a paramedic to put myself through school. I mean if I can't get a scholarship. Which I am pretty sure i will be able to.although I need to brush up on my chemistry but with your help I should be OK to get caught up."she smiles"I mean if your...willing to give me a hand..I am sort of behind in that part...I have not taken the things we are taking in school right now..I don't want to take too much of your time..I am sure you have more important things to do with your time than hang out with some Brit who needs to study.."she looked down and blushed...dammit what was it about Alex that made her so shy? I mean besides the fact that she was beautiful...Fiona could happily just sit and look into those big dark eyes of hers all day.

Vanna Lane

Once again, the feel of Fiona's lips against her skin sent her heart racing. Fiona was talking about school and how she needed her help in Chemistry. Alex nodded in response to Fiona's request for help, but she couldn't seem to make the words come out. Her tongue appeared to be glued to the roof of her mouth and her blood was pounding so loudly in her ears, that she could no longer concentrate on what her beautiful new red headed friend was saying.

She had never felt this way about a girl before. Carmen and her had drunkenly made out once, but it never made her feel even half as crazy as Fiona was making her feel right now. All she could think about doing was kissing the girl standing in front of her. The thought was all consuming and try as she might she couldn't seem to shake it. Fiona had trailed off, her words hanging in the air as she stared at Alex with her beautiful green eyes.

Alex reached up to brush a wild tendril of hair that was stuck to Fiona's mouth, letting her thumb brush gently over her red, pouty lips. The other girl didn't pull away and that gave Alex courage. She knew that if she didn't do it now, it would be all she would think about for the remainder of the night. Standing, she reached up to touch Fiona's cheek as she brought her mouth closer to Fiona's. She was breathing heavy and her heart was racing with excitement as her lips finally met their destination.

Thesunmaid

She looks at you and smiles but was unsure why you were looking at her like this..Oh god..she was wierded out by her kissing your hand..dammit why did she have to be so stupid...good going Fiona...send the only person who's been nice to you that's not in a penguin suit in the last week.

She liked Alex and she had realized with the guy she dated in Germany that she preferred women...but she had never told anyone...and really the type she was attracted to was...well Alex...smart...sweet..and those eyes...fuck...stop thinking about that Fi..what the fucks wrong with you..and then it happened...Alex touched her face and she stares at you like she was shocked but smiles a bit"Alex...are...you.."she stopped as she saw her moving closer and whimpered softly kissing Alex back...god her lips were soft as they looked..she reached up and touched Alex's hair...it was soft and silky under hand. just like it looked...and god she was kissing Alex! and..she was enjoying it..and oh god she had pizza breath...were her lips chapped? no no...relax...and just enjoy the fact that a beautiful woman was kissing her and she kissed back finally pulled away a bit breathless and blushed"wow.."she stared into Alex's eyes and smiles a bit.

Vanna Lane

As they were kissing, Alex had many thoughts racing through her mind, among them were, 'What am I doing?... Have I always been attracted to girls?...I hope she's not completely freaked out by this.' She realized  she already knew the answers. She was kissing feisty, beautiful Fiona. Alex had always found other women beautiful, but Fiona was the first girl-on-girl attraction she could remember experiencing as she had always dated guys, but usually found a dumb reason to break up with them.

Fiona didn't seem at all repulsed. In fact, by the way she was kissing her back, Alex could tell she was actually quite into it which came as a huge shock. Fiona's face was flushed with excitement, as to she imagined was her own. "I couldn't help myself. Sorry..." Asked trailed off breathlessly. Collecting her thoughts, she cleared her throat and chuckled nervously. She could NOT believe she just did that! What had gotten into her? She tried not to overanalyze the situation, but she couldn't help wondering what this had meant

Thesunmaid

She blinked as she you kissed her and then as they pulled away and she saw the look on your face and was nervous that you maybe thought it was a mistake...oh god please don't let her wig out or run...please...She looked into Alex's beautiful dark eyes and smiles as you said you could not help herself"I...its more than..ok..I was thinking of...doing that too but...I was afraid you might think I was a freak....I mean i am sort of a freak but...well..."

She looked at Alex and sighed taking her hand pulling her back to the table and sits down looking at you"I..hope you are not freaked out Alex...but...I have been to a lot of schools and stuff but i have never had someone as..nice as you want to be a friend to me...and.."she looked at you"I...liked the kiss...I have known for about a year...that i am gay...i dated this guy in Germany...but it was mostly to keep my mom off my back..convince her that her little girl was not something that goes against god.."she rolls her eyes looking down."So...I don't know what that kiss meant...to you..but i would appreciate it if you would not mind if it was just a joke or something if you would not tell anyone about it..."she looks down"i like you Alex...but i won't try anything if you don't want me to...but I can't say that getting a kiss from a beautiful girl is a bad way to end my first day at school..."

Vanna Lane

Alex breathed out a big sigh of relief that Fiona wasn't scared off by her advance. The last thing she would ever want to do was jeopardize her new friendship. She smiled at Fiona when she grabbed her hand, loving the soft feel of Fiona's skin against hers. She didn't know what to say when the beautiful girl in front of her confessed to being gay. It was something that Alex was battling with herself on, 'Am I gay?' she thought, uncertain of the answer. "You're the first girl I've wanted to kiss. So, I'm not sure what it means for me yet. I know it wasn't a joke though, it was very nice. I would never tell," Alex said, sincerely.

She didn't like the uncertainty of it all. She was used to being so sure about things, that this was new territory for her. The girls hugged, letting the subject rest for the time being, both pulling out their books in preparation of working on the assignment. Somehow the kiss seemed to ease the tension by breaking the ice. It seemed like they were both able to concentrate on studying. Alex kept glancing at Fiona curiously, intrigued by what had just transpired. Again the question arose in her mind that she might indeed be gay, but for the time being these thoughts got pushed into a dark corner in the depths of her mind to be analyzed another day.

Thesunmaid

She looks at you waiting for an answer but relaxes when you took her hand and smiled a bit"Well...I will admit I have sort of known for a while now...but..I also denied it. It was when I was in germany and I noticed the guys I was attracted to...they were sort of all.. feminine..ya know? And one guy I went out with..kissing him never felt right....and then I would notice I would catch myself looking at girls..and I wanted to kiss them..I just have never dated one. You were actually my first kiss..."She blushed"And it was wonderful.."

She smiled a bit and led you up to her room to study and it was as yellow as she said it was on the walls. The floor was hard wood and her bed spread was a deep green like her eyes. She smiled a bit"umm...I have dock for my mp3 player if you wanted to play any music..."She points at her desk and her room was still in the middle of being unpacked but it was tidy as it could be.She slipped up on the bed and sat down reading her legs crossed and smiled at you a bit nervously but went back to looking at her book.

Vanna Lane

Alex smiled, looking up briefly from her textbook, "Yes, it was wonderful," she replied softly, "All the guys I've dated have been the manly sort, but the spark was never there. Something was always missing." Biting the cap on the end of her pen, she glanced back down at her notes and then once again found her eyes wandering towards Fiona. She was having trouble concentrating.

She was always over thinking things, trying to make them fit into a neat little package. She didn't like change or standing out. She pushed those thoughts away knowing that she had as strong connection with this girl she hardly knew and that she would risk most anything just to be around her. She smiled again, "Music might help. What kind do you have?"

Thesunmaid

She looked at you and smiled a bit"A pair of breasts and the lack of boy smell...you ever notice teenage guys seem to sort of smell like a locker room..even after they take a shower?"She smiled a bit"Igor was sweet and all...but..he just..."She looked down"I always felt the same thing...something was missing..I didn't understand it at the time really..but I noticed after a while i was more attracted to women...I think it was my history teacher she had these beautiful dark eyes.."she looked at you and blushed."I had a really huge crush..."

She smiled looking at the iPod dock"Um...I have all kinds. Country....opera...rock...alternative...just flip through the play list I am sure you will find some thing...if you have any particular bands you like I can download them for next time..."She stopped"I mean..if you..wanted to have a next time...there doesn't need to be any kissing...and I won't push anything like that...and i am babbling now..sorry.."She blushed a bit looking down.

Vanna Lane

"Yeah I suppose you're right about that. Boys do smell funky," Alex wrinkled her nose as she chuckled. She had never had any attractive teachers. She replied, "I'm so jealous. None of my teachers were even decent looking. Mostly they were old and the rest were hideous." Her dark brown eyes smiled as she peeked at Fiona again.

Her curiosity was peaked at Fiona's offer to rummage through her playlist. She hopped up and strolled over to the IPod dock to take a look. She loved all kinds of music, but preferred happy music. "Let's see. I love the variety, its hard to choose," her finger roamed, scrolling through the playlist. Finally it stopped on Break Even by The Script. She smiled at Fiona, grateful there was no pressure. "Thank you," she said as she turned back around.

Thesunmaid

She laughed a bit"Well I looked it up...and apparently all the boy hormones make things all sorts of funky for them...just like our hormones make us sniffle at sad movies and sprouting boobs."She smiled a bit"Well....the one I had a crush on...Svetlana Ivanakof. She had this long black hair and dark eyes...and she made history interesting...She would talk about the battles and heads of state...she would ask us to think of them as people not just figures in a book.."

She looked at you and smiled a bit as she saw your long slender fingers on her ipod and looked away blushing thinking about taking those fingers and kissing them. She sat up hearing the song and smiled"I used to play that when i would want to wake up in the morning...that and aqua...I know they are sort of a poppy silly band but all their songs are just so dam happy and catchy...its like musical caffeine."She smiled a bit."And your welcome...I am just hoping i didn't completely weird you out."

Vanna Lane

"Well that explains why they are so dang smelly, I suppose," Alex grinned big, flashing her teeth for an instant. "Your teacher sounds interesting and pretty..." The familiar tune brought her back to the last school dance. It was so lame, her boyfriend at the time was such a jerk. "I love this song. The last time I heard this, I was with my boyfriend at the time. Him and his friends had spiked the punch with vodka. They were acting like such idiots and he kept trying to feel me up on the dance floor," she wrinkled her nose at the memory.

"I was so mad, I couldn't listen to that song for months without being reminded of his idiocy..." At the mention of Aqua, she perked up, "Aqua rules. I love happy music." Alex smiled, humming along to the tune. "Of course you didn't weird me out. It's cute the way you babble sometimes." Looking around the room, she caught sight of the alarm clock by Fiona's bed. Realizing what time it was she sighed, "I've gotta go. It's nearly 7, which is dinner time and if I'm late my aunt will be upset..." she trailed off, stalling, not really wanting to leave.

Thesunmaid

She looked at you and smirked"yeah...well...she was."She listened and smiled a bit"Well well doesn't he sound like prince charming..I am not big on vodka...I prefer red wine myself..."she shrugs and smiled"Umm I am not a lush or anything...wine is sort of like water in Europe. They serve it all the get togathers and such. And its not exactly hard to get.She looked at you and smiled"Well I can't say I blame him for wanting to touch you.."she blinked and blushed"uhh sorry..."

She looked at you when you called her cute and blushed more "I....well OK...thank you..and that's one of the reasons i like them...they also put on a pretty good show. I saw them live when i lived in Germany a few years ago."She sat up and and nodded"OK well I guess i will see you at school then...did you want me to walk with you home? I mean if you are OK with that if you don't mind?"She smiles a bit standing up"Although we don't exactly live in an overly horrible neighborhood. But i feel sort of rude just letting you walk out and not going with you...so yup i must look completely adorable right now...babbling and all."

Vanna Lane

"Yeah. He was a jerk all right, but thankfully he was a senior and graduated last year. So, I don't need to worry about running into him," Alex smiled at that thought. She was glad he was gone. 'Good riddance,' she thought. Sober he was a decent guy, but aside from school, he was never very sober. For all she knew, he probably drank at school too! "Um... thanks," she said, blushing at the offhanded compliment. She was flattered, but speechless. So, she didn't say much more besides that.

Alex nodded at the mention of the concert. She was too embarrassed to admit she had never been to one before. Alex smiled at Fiona while she babbled away. She really was cute, but Alex was feeling shy all of a sudden. She didn't know how to express herself romantically  with a girl, being that this was her first endeavor into strange territory so to speak. Not knowing what to do she reached out and squeezed Fiona's hand and smiled at her appreciatively. "Oh. No you don't need to, but maybe tomorrow we can study at my house? I'll have to check it over with Gina first, but it could be fun. She doesn't really like most of my friends and so I don't bring many people by much," Alex realized she was rambling and was hoping she wasn't making a fool out of herself.

Thesunmaid

She grinned"Well my one and only boyfriend lives in Germany...so...its a pretty good chance i am not going to see him again unless I decide I want to move back that way. But I can see by the look on your face there was no love lost. She smiled seeing her blush"Ahh well like you said hes gone..and I have been drunk once...honestly I am not sure of the appeal..I woke up my head felt like it was 4 sizes too big and the room was spinning horridly."

She looked at you and smiled"Yeah i would really like to meet your aunt if shes about...and then I can see what a normal Yankee girls room is supposed to look like..."She smiled a bit"I will be on my best behavior...I will try not to let Gina know what a juvenile delinquent I am with my Oreo sandwiches...I might even try and act normal.."she grins and looked at you nibbling her lip and then leaned in hugging you"Thank you Alex...for not treating me like a bloody leaper or something...it gets really old moving around like that..."she pulled away realizing she was probably weirding you out again and smiled blushing a bit.

Vanna Lane

Alex kissed Fiona quickly on the cheek, before she could change her mind. She waved bye as she made her way to the front door, yelling, "See you at school," blushing madly. Walking home that evening she couldn't believe how much her life had changed in just one day. It was strange to think that you go to sleep one person and the next night you go to bed altered, changed. Not that she was complaining. She just wasn't sure how to handle it. Her image was very important to her and she knew that if people found out about this that they would look at her in a whole new light. She hoped she'd be able to manage the new changes gracefully, without embarrassing herself.

Mostly she feared that she would either scare away Fiona or that she would no longer be accepted. It's hard to be different. Especially in such a small town. People didn't much appreciate different. If it turned out that Alex was into girls, she'd have to decide whether or not to come out. As far as she knew not many, if any, people in town were gay. Her aunt might be OK with it, but she was rather easygoing in her views. One thing was for sure, Alex knew that Fiona was special and that if she were lucky, that fiery redhead would change her life.

Thesunmaid

She was surprised as hell at the kiss on the cheek and also blushed as she watched you walk off down the street trying not to think about what she would have done with you if she had not been so nervous about scaring you off for good. She sat on the couch and kept telling herself. You have a friend now Fi....don't fuck this up just because you think shes pretty...do not fuck this up...you don't want to scare her off just because you want a girlfriend...although maybe having a new friend would be good enough..she would have someone to talk to...and she would not be so lonely..."and then she started to day dream what it would be like to be able to walk down the hall with you..holding your hand...putting her arms around you...cuddling on the couch watching a movie...and then kissing and...gah! stop that..shes your friend...dammit. Why did Alex have to be so....nice and pretty and...dammit! she stood up and moved off back to her room and picked up her iPod listening to the song you had chosen earlier and sighed closing her eyes waiting for her mum and dad to get home.

Vanna Lane

As Alex made her way home, she felt simultaneously giddy and lost. Giddy at the prospect of kissing Fiona and more. Oh my. She wanted more? She smiled to herself, flushing scarlet in excitement at the possibility of more. Hugging herself she inhaled deeply, trying to calm herself. That's all that she'd need is her aunt seeing how she positively glowed since meeting Fiona. It had only been one day, but the electricity between them was undeniable. She felt alive and free, as if a weight had lifted off her chest. It was as if she had told this great secret, when in fact she had accidentally discovered one about herself.

Fiona had her completely enamored in such a short amount of time, that she taken aback in surprise. 'Am I gay?' she asked herself, knowing full and well what the answer was. 'We shall see, in time.' her subconscious whispered. Hence the reason for her also feeling so forlorn. She wasn't good with change. Upon opening her front door she heard her aunt calling to her from the kitchen, "How was your day, sweetie?" she asked while setting the table. "Good, I made a new friend," Alex answered absentmindedly. She grabbed some of the food and set it on the table.

Noticing how spacey her niece was being, Gina asked, "That's a good thing, right?" cocking her head to one side. Alex frowned, contemplating what she was being asked. She bit her lip before blurting out her answer quickly, before she could change her mind, "How do you know if you're gay?" Alex stole a peek at her aunt's expression, which was mostly surprised. "I'm not sure," she finally answers, honestly, then countering with, "Why? Do you think you are?" Alex could tell she wasn't judging her. As they sat down to dinner, she opened up to her aunt about her feelings. Before going to sleep, she breathed out a deep sigh of relief. 'I'll be OK,' she thought, before drifting off to sleep.

Thesunmaid

She waited for her parents to get home and told them all about her new friend Alex how nice and smart she was and her mother smiled and patted her hand"Well that's great honey...see I told you if we just got a change of scenery you would get out of that phase of liking girls. I mean its just not natural...its why your father god a transfer..its not as loose and wild here in America as it is in Europe."Fiona blinked and sighed seeing her mother was still going on about how her being gay was just a phase...dammit...she nodded and smiled weakly through dinner and headed off to her room as soon as she could get away moving up the stairs and standing in her door way and moving over to her ipod she put on the song that Alex liked and passed out for the night.

Vanna Lane

Alex groaned loudly as she opened her eyes slowly. Her eyelids felt heavy and her throat ached. Thinking she was just tired and thirsty, she drug herself out of bed and made her way towards the kitchen. After what seemed like forever, she made it to the fridge and poured herself a glass of orange juice. She wiped away the beads of sweat that had accumulated on her forehead with the back of her hand. Taking a swig of juice, she grimaced in pain as it burned its way down her throat.

Gina, who was making breakfast, turned around to flash her a smile, "Good morning." Her face fell as soon as she took in Alex's appearance, brows furrowing in worry. She immediately turned off the stove and ushered Alex back to bed. Grabbing the thermometer, she took her niece's temperature, raising her eyebrows when it beeped. "I'll call the school," she said sighing, brushing Alex's hair from her forehead, "Feel better sweetie." 'What about Fiona?' was her last conscious thought before she fell into a restless sleep.

Thesunmaid

She had woken up and been feeling a bit tired but she was getting to be excited about going to school...she got to see Alex. She was humming as she walked downstairs and her father smirked a bit"well someones in a good mood. Do I smell the scent of love in the air?"Fiona blushed a bit and ate her breakfast as her mother shot him a look and he ignored it"No I just made a new friend."Micheal nodded and sipped his coffee"good for you honey."Nothing more was said about it as she moved off to get her books and walk to school only to find out when she got there no Alex which worried her. It was a rather dreary day with out her. And at lunch she sat alone eating her sandwich and waiting for the end of the day. She asked the English teacher if they knew anything about Alex since they were doing their project together. The teacher informed her she was sick today but he would be happy to give her Alex's homework to take to her and got Alex's address for her.

She walked home worried about Alex thinking of her sick and feverish in bed and of course her imagination went a bit wild and she walked up to the door knocking Gina coming to the door looking at her a bit confused and she cleared her throat"Hello...ma'am...umm my name is Fiona...I was here to bring Alex her homework...we were studying together yesterday..."Gina smiled"Oh you are the girl she was with yesterday..sure come on in."Fiona smiled nervously and walked inside and Gina led her to Alex's room knocking the door gently looking at Fionna"Shes had a fever and been sleeping most of the day."She called out softly"Alex? you have a visitor.."She pushed the door open slowly for Fiona to walked off and left them with a bit of a smile on her lips which confused Fiona."Umm...thank you...ma'am.."

Vanna Lane

Alex opened her eyes grudgingly when she heard Gina's voice. As the door creaked open, she expected to see one of her classmates, but was surprised to see Fiona standing there. 'Oh my god, I must look a mess,' she thought, eyes wide. " Hi there," croaked Alex painfully. Speaking created a tickle in her throat and sent her into a coughing fit.

Tears sprung to her eyes as she motioned to Fiona for her glass of water. Taking a huge gulp, she all but collapsed back onto her pillows, suddenly exhausted. She smiled weakly at Gonna. 'Why, oh why does Fiona have to see me in such a mess?' Alex hoped Fiona still liked her. She must look awful.

Thesunmaid

She looked worried as she heard Alex grumbling and grumping from under the blankets and she looked at Gina nervously seeing her coughing and got her a glass of water and sat down on the side of the bed touching her hand"Hey are you OK? Should I get you something else?"She looked at her friend and smiled a bit reaching out and touched a cool hand to Alex's forehead and looked worried"she feels awfully hot...maybe she needs something to bring it down.."Gina nods"I'll go get something."she spins and moved off and she looked at Alex who even in her flushed sickly state still looked pretty...she actually somehow made a fever look good...then she realized she was staring and blushes looking away"I uhh..i brought your homework.."

Vanna Lane

Alex smiled back weakly at Fiona, covering her friends hand with her own and nodded in answer. Fiona was pretty cute when she was worried and she was flattered that she cared so much about her. As Gina ran off to get medicine, Alex leaned in to hug Fi. "Thank you for coming," Alex rasped out. It felt good to be hugged. She let go grudgingly, not wanting to get the other girl sick. 'She's so sweet,' she thought, leaning her head back to rest against her pillows.

Thesunmaid

She watched you and nibbles her lip"I...well I know that the last thing you most likely want to do right now...But...well...I wanted to see you. And this was the best excuse I could think of with out everyone wondering why...I mean we have only known each other for a short time...and..I am over thinking this aren't I?"She smiled weakly"But...well I wanted to make sure you were ok."

Gina came back in the room and handed Fiona the asprin and a glass of water"I am going to start on dinner...your welcome to join us Fiona.."Fiona looked up at Gina"oh...I don't want to impose..."Gina smiled"Its not...you girls talk...I will be back when the foods ready."She left and Fiona looked at you and smiled a bit"So...did you want any help with your homework?"

Vanna Lane

Alex suddenly felt very shy, "You don't need to make excuses to see me. We're... friends....or....whatever. I'm not really sure yet," Alex croaked out. She was glad that Fiona was there. "Thank you for coming to see me," Alex smiled and coughed softly. Gina interrupted with the promise of food. Alex realized suddenly that she was famished. Smiling at her aunt as she left the room, Alex turned her attention back to Fi. "Sure, if you wouldn't mind. I do need some help catching up. I hope I didn't miss much,"  she spoke softly as she squeezed Fiona's hand.

Hearing voices out in the hallway, Alex pulled her hand back to rest in her lap. She wasn't sure if she was ready to tell everyone what was going on. She wanted to take time to process her feelings first.

"I brought you a get well present, biotch. No need to th -," Carmen said in a singsong voice as she burst in, stopping mid word as she spotted Fiona. Her eyes widened as her lips pursed, "Hello," Carmen said coolly, trying to be civil, dropping her bags by the bed.

Gina poked her head in, "Dinner is ready girls, you too Carmen." "Thanks Gina, I'd love to, " Carmen said. Alex's jaw dropped a little, this was going to be awkward.

Thesunmaid

Fiona smiled and nodded to Gina"Thank you...I appreciate that miss.."Gina waves her off"Call me Gina...I am not some old lady yet.."Fiona smiled and nodded looking at Alex as she took her hand and squeezed it gently and sat on the edge of the bed"Well...in English they want us to write an essay on what we think that Shakespeare was trying to say with his tragedies which to me he was sayin I am a depressing old git personally and.."She stopped when he heard Carmen's voice and her eyes went wide and suddenly pulled her hand away feeling like she had just been caught doing something she shouldn't have. Blushing she nibbled her lip looking at Carmen and then stood up then looked at Alex"Erm...do you want some help getting down stairs?"She offers you her hand and then looks around"Do you have a dressing gown?"Carmen was looking around confused"umm..she's already dressed..."Looking at her Fiona looked down"Er...well I spose you yanks would call it a robe.."Fiona obviously had no idea what to do at the moment..oh yes this was awkward.

Vanna Lane

Alex pointed to her closet, answering Fiona, "It's hung on the inside of the door. Could you grab it for me please?" She smiled at her new friend, trying to give Fiona silent reassurance that everything would be alright. Alex turned her attention back to Carmen asking, "What'd you bring me?" Alex loved presents, but Carmen usually bought things that she thought Asked should like, rather than what she actually liked.

It was really hard to be excited knowing that Carmen was still trying to mold her into something that she wasn't. 'At least Fi listens and respects my feelings,' thought Alex. Carmen grinned enthusiastically from ear to ear, pulling out a short, backless red halter dress with a short red and black tulle skirt. Alex was impressed, she actually loved it. "Wow thanks Carmen, it's totally me. I love it," Alex matched Carmen's grin, hugging her in thanks.

"I got shoes to match. I thought it would be perfect for Jake, he'll adore it!" Carmen squealed out in delight. Jake was Carmen's older brother whom she was hellbent on setting her up with. She was determined that they were going to be sister-in-laws. Alex stopped herself from making a face, he was a douche, "I don't think I'm going with him. I have someone else I wanted to go with." Carmen pouted, "Why not? Who?" Alex knew full well that Carmen wasn't going to drop it. Thankfully Gina saved the day, "Food is getting cold, girls, chop chop," Gina said in her friendliest voice.

Thesunmaid

She nodded and moved off to the door and moved over to her and handed her the robe. She stepped back from Alex and Carmen looked at her and Fiona looked down not sure what to say to the taller girl. She watched as Alex seemed to be humoring her and she blushed when she saw the dress trying to picture Alex wearing it"Well red would look really nice on your skin tone and your hair.."She smiled a bit and then blinked when Carmen squealed about Jake and Fiona looked a bit confused"Who...is Jake?"Carmen giggled"Yeah sorry...Jake's my older brother and he has the hots for Alex..has ever since she grew boobs...but she keeps turning him down and I don't know why.."Fiona opened her mouth and then shut it immediately before she said something stupid and nodded when Gina came in and she smiled moving to the door holding it for everyone and walked down the stairs.

She moved down the stairs and Gina moved in and helped Alex to a chair and then pulled the one beside Alex out"Fiona? why don't you sit here...you can make sure she is able to eat.."Fiona looked at Gina and smiled softly"Thank you..miss.."Gina waved her hand"Oh hush...just call me Gina..no miss."

Vanna Lane

Alex was relieved to have Fiona sitting next to her, but it was hard to keep her feelings in check in front of Carmen. She knew it was shallow, but she was so afraid of being an outcast that she wasn't sure when to tell everyone. She hadn't yet become comfortable with the situation herself. It wasn't that she was ashamed, but how could she defend herself to others if she was just starting to discover this newness.

Under the table Fiona squeezed her hand, trying to reassure her she imagined. Alex squeezed back and gave Fi a small smile. She was so nervous that her chin quivered and she had to bite her lip to keep herself calm. Alex knew she needed to develop a backbone and soon or she stood the chance of losing Fiona, and she didn't want that. "It all looks wonderful Gina," Carmen said sweetly, probably trying to seem nice. Alex rolled her eyes.

Thesunmaid

She looked at Alex and smiled a bit looking at Carmen and then looked at the food"Yes this all looks wonderful...I wish i could get you to teach my dad...He burns everything he cooks. Its like he thinks I have a taste for charcoal.."She grins and looked down at her plate and she noticed Alex's chin quivering and she squeezed her hand back and looked back"If you start feeling tired tell us OK..I can help you up to your room. I don't want you getting sicker."Gina looked at Alex and Fiona"Well I am sure I try...thank you girls...your both so nice. I am so glad that you two girls are here for my Alex...she needs good friends."Fiona's hand slipped a bit lower and squeezed Alex's knee gently and bit her lip looking at her.

Vanna Lane

Alex couldn't help but to smile at Fiona's frankness regarding her father's lack of culinary skills. "Thanks Fi," she said, "I'm ok right now." She enjoyed the closeness of Fiona being by her side, but was also fully aware of Carmen's jealous glances towards the two of them. Alex tugged at her lower lip in quiet contemplation. Her oldest friend's reaction stumped her. She understood that Carmen wasn't used to sharing, but Alex wondered if it might be more complex than she realized. She just couldn't seem to put her finger on it right now, but she was sure it would come to her eventually.

Fiona squeezing her knee shook her out of her reverie. She stifled a gasp at the unexpected touch. Alex flushed scarlet as a warm sensation began pooling in her belly, another reaction that confused her. 'Was that desire?' she wondered. She glanced at Fiona, blushing a soft pink and biting her lip, and all she could think about in that moment was kissing her soft lips again. Alex was vaguely aware of someone speaking, but she couldn't seem to look away from Fiona's warm, green eyes.

Thesunmaid

She grins at Gina"I do most of the cooking around my place but I rarely get fancy. My dad gets all cranky about it. says he was raised an meat and potatoes and that's what he will die eating..and then he scowls more when I tell him the way he cooks i believe it."She dug into her food and did not seem to care if she stuffed her face..god knows she could use a bit of weight since she was a bit of a bean pole.

She felt Alex stiffen and saw her blushing a bit and smiled blushing herself and Gina watched the two of them and then caught Carmen glaring at them both and she stood up"Carmen..we are just about ready for dessert..would you be a dear and help me?"She smiled and stood up and heading for the kitchen and Carmen reluctantly followed her. Fiona looked at Alex and smiled a bit"I uhh get the feeling that Carmen does not like me much..is there...something going on with you two?"She nibbled her lip.

Vanna Lane

"Sure thing, Gina," Carmen said, though she looked like she'd rather stay at the table with Alex. Gina seemed to understand what seemed to be going on between Alex and Fiona. Alex breathed out a sigh of relief, grinning sheepishly at Fi. She was almost too distracted by Fi biting her lower lip to answer.

Tucking her bangs behind her ear, Alex smiled softly. She reached over and brushed her thumb against Fiona's lower lip, freeing it from her teeth. " Not like this," Alex whispered softly, "she and I are just best friends, nothing romantic." Alex looked Fi in the eyes while saying this, then leaned in to plant a soft kiss on Fi's lips, eyes closed.

sexyboy

Thesunmaid

Points at the last time we had a post to the thread. Also if you want to play in an rp posting in the request thread will get you better results than if you post in the middle of someone elses game thread. Feel free to pm me if you get approved.  Vanna and i had alot of realtime things going on which is why this thread is sporadic.

Thesunmaid

She watched Alex and stared a bit and when she felt that finger pulling her lip from her teeth she felt a chill move through her and could not help but letting out a soft gasp at the kiss closing her eyes and then reluctantly pulled back her cheeks red as her hair."I didn't think...it was possible for your lips to be softer than they..looked.."She said in a soft whisper her green eyes looking into Alex's dark ones."I just don't want to piss off your friends. I know how hard they are to make.." She smiled a bit her stomach fluttering at the feel of the kiss and she could still almost taste Alex's lips on hers. "This would...be a bad time to drag you off to your room now wouldn't it.."She chuckled softly and was obviously joking her eyes twinkling slightly.

Vanna Lane

Alex pulled away reluctantly, blushing like mad as well. Her heart felt like it would soon beat out of her chest as she pulled in a shaky breath, exhaling slowly. Smiling softly at Fi, she answered breathlessly, "Wow...i -" she chuckled nervously, "I don't know what to say..." she sputtered out. Alex grabbed Fiona's hands, her thumbs tracing circles against her soft skin. Alex looked down, still at a loss for words, just enjoying the moment.

After a couple minutes, she finally managed to find her words, "My friends will adjust somehow," she was hoping her slight uncertainty wouldn't show through. "This is new to me. I want to be the one to tell my friends though, if that's alright?" Alex felt the heat rising to her face once more, the warmth of an unspoken promise spreading throughout her body, making her tingle in anticipation. "No it's probably not the right time for that sort of thing," she said with a low giggle. Despite her best efforts, she couldn't stop herself from imagining what would happen if they snuck off. Her cheeks darkened further, spreading crimson to her neck. 

Thesunmaid

She smiled shyly"I know..I know..maybe that's moving a wee bit fast i guess...but I guess I am just curious about you. How a beautiful girl like you could possibly be embarrassed by me."Fiona looked down and blushed slightly as Alex grabbed her hand and smiled a bit saying in a soft voice."I just don't want to cause you any trouble..or lose you any friends.She touched Alex's hand and smiled a bit more feeling Alex's hands on hers. She was still a bit in awe that she was even interested in Fiona.

She smiled and nodded leaning in."Yeah true...you are still sick and I don't want you passing out on me. And I am not going to say anything to anyone...but if you want me to be there I can be. I want your friends to like me if I can get them to..But so long as you do I am OK. I think your aunt at least likes me..."She smiled a bit and sat back as she heard Gina and Carmen came back with the plates with pie and ice cream. Gina smiled at them and then saw the red in Alex's cheek and moved over"Are you OK honey? You look a bit flushed."She felt Alex's forehead looking a bit worried.

Vanna Lane

Alex squeezed Fiona's hand gently, not wanting to let go just yet, but not really having a choice. She covered her mouth as a violent coughing fit seized her. The pain in Alex's throat caused tears to prick her eyes. As the fit began to subside, Alex was thankful to be able to breathe again. A new tickle in her throat soon had her reaching for her water glass. After she caught her breath, she was finally able to respond to Fi, "Let me worry about my friends. If they're really my friends, they won't care. If they aren't my friends, then who needs them?" She shrugged nonchalantly.

Alex was touched by Fiona's tenderness. No one had really tried so hard to please her before. It humbled her. Her face was still rather hot when her aunt came in with dessert, a worried frown on her face as she checked her forehead with the back of her hand. "I'm ok Aunt Gina, but I think I'll lay back down after dessert, if that's ok with everyone?" Carmen looked back and forth between Alex and Fiona, the expression on her face a combination of confusion, anger and worry. "That's fine dear," her aunt Gina responded with a tender smile, patting Alex's knee gently

Thesunmaid

When Alex started to cough and blinked leaning over and rubbed her back and handed her the water glass."Just take a drink and breath slowly..."She looked at her worried."Ok..well you know them a lot better than I do..I suppose for now I will be your dirty little secret."She said softly and smirked slightly.

"She started to cough but after some water she was OK.."She still looked worried but sat back and looked at the pie."This looks really great Gina..did you make the pie yourself?"She nodded to Alex."Well with a flu you need rest and lots of fluids.Just be glad my nanna was not here..she would try to put a hot garlic rub on your chest...you would smell like a pizza for a week."She grinned and looked at Carmen and Carmen looked away quickly and she still looked a bit angry but pushed it away. It was obvious that Carmen was not happy at how close Fiona and Alex were sitting when Gina piped up."Well you girls are so nice to come see Alex..Fiona since you have a few classes together would you mind helping make sure Alex does not get too behind on things...and I am sure that Carmen could fill in any gaps for classes that Fiona does not share with her."She was trying to make it clear that fighting was not acceptable.

Vanna Lane

Both Fiona and Carmen nodded, not looking at one another, both mumbling, "Yes ma'am." Alex let out a shaky breath, not realizing until then that she had been holding her breath. Alex and Fiona dug into their pie, devouring every last morsel, whilst Carmen simply pushed her pie around. Carmen looked defeated and Alex felt slightly guilty, although she didn't know why. She had no reason to feel guilty.

'Maybe Carmen feels like I'm replacing her as a friend,' Alex thought to herself, lost in thought. She had no intention of replacing her best friend, but she was also unwilling to let Fiona go. She a real challenge on her hands and balancing the two girls was going to be hard. Alex vowed in that moment that she was going to get them to like each other. Everyone has some common ground and she now felt determined to find out what that was.

Thesunmaid

Fiona nodded looking down and looked at Gina with a sad look."I am sorry..."she looked at Carmen as well."I am not...trying to fight with you..I just want to be friends..I am not very good at meeting people and...I am sort of awkward if you have not noticed.."Carmen looked at her and bit her lip nodding and said softly."Yeah..I am sorry too.."She looked away as Gina smiled."Well good...we can all be friends now..Glad we have that settled now."

She sat back in the chair and looked at Alex who seemed to be feeling better now...she was at least sitting up and eating something unlike earlier when she was passing out. She was hoping Carmen would accept that Fiona did not want to get in the way of her friendship with Alex...but now she was wondering if maybe Carmen was friends with her for another reason besides Alex was fun to be around. But then she had no idea if Alex actually felt anything for her in that way..the way Fi felt about her....she was actually if it was possible...she thought she might be actually falling for the dark haired beauty.

Vanna Lane

Alex smiled while she witnessed the exchange between Carmen and Fiona, it seemed like they were really trying to get along. After she started feeling better, she would make sure to spend more time with her best friend. She had been so preoccupied as of late with this budding romance, that she had started to neglect her friendship with Carmen. She didn't want any resentment or hurt feelings for anyone and knew that she would be able to make this all work with just a little effort from all parties involved. After saying goodbye and goodnight to everyone, she went to bed. She was exhausted with a capital E.

-----

At school two days later, Alex decided to take the plunge, unbeknownst to Fiona beforehand, and come out of the closet. She was feeling much better and super confident. She just wanted to continue riding the good waves. Carmen and Fiona had visited her a few more times, once they actually arrived together joking. Her heart just about burst with pride thinking about those becoming friends. She knew that Carmen was still feeling insecure, but Alex was making sure to take the time to bond with her.

Fiona was waiting for Alex at the top of the steps for her when the warning bell rang. Alex kissed Fi on the lips, smiled and grabbed her hand. She was excited to make it known that Fiona was hers and hers alone. Her ex would be the most surprised because he still held onto hope that they would get back together, but Alex wasn't feeling too shy about it. She felt like embracing who she was and not being so shy. She was tired of being the good girl who always did what everyone expected her to do. She was ready to make mistakes and own up to them. She was ready to be her true self, for once in her life.

Thesunmaid

On the way home that night Carmen and Fiona talked...Fiona explained she was not very good at making friends and honestly Carmen sort of intimidated her and Carmen admitted that she was worried about losing her oldest friend and that inside she was not as confident as she seemed to project out. So they had hung out a few times when Alex was not around and they found when they were not trying to compete that they did enjoy each others company. And this was sure to make Alex happy.

At school she smiled seeing Alex coming up the stairs and then the kiss sort of shocked her. She was not expecting that at all. It was nice...and she had to admit that kissing Alex was something she had wanted..she was tired of hiding..she was tired of guys staring at Alex as well. Not that she blamed them...Alex was beautiful and smart and sweet..she was just one of those girls who had everything..but now here she was seeming to come out right in the middle of the busy crowded stairwell and a few people did indeed stop and stare at the two of them. One guy even took out his camera phone and started taking pictures until Fiona turned and glared at him."Do you mind?! Its not as if I go about taking pictures of you and yer girlfriend snogging do I?" Another guy snickered as he walked by."That's because he does not have a girlfriend.."The guy glared back and stomped off and looking at Alex she took her hand"Are you sure about this? I mean I don't wanna push you or nothin..I mean I am not complainin or anything..but..I just was not expectin this.."

Vanna Lane

"Of course I'm sure," replied Alex with a reassuring smile, "Why should I be afraid to be who I am in public?" Alex looked around at the crowded room, not feeling as confident as she was trying to show Fiona. It was rather unnerving, people knowing something private about her. She had always kept to herself and not revealed much. Some people called her mysterious, while others called her shy. She was neither. She just didn't feel the need to talk just to hear the sound of her own voice. Her quiet nature served her well since people basically forgot she was there. Sometimes it was nice being invisible. You learn a lot when you aren't vying for all the attention.

Now she felt like an ant under a microscope, but inside she knew it was the right thing for her to do. She trusted her gut more than anything and her intuition was telling her to smile and wave. Today she suspected that she would find out who her real friends were. There was no turning back now and the thought made her feel alive, free. She was tired of hiding. It was time the world saw the real her. Squeezing Fi's hand once more, she led her to their first class of the day and the first class together. The school had a no PDA policy, but they sauntered into the room with no regard for the rules. She only let Fi's hand go when they had to sit down.

Thesunmaid

Looking at Alex she felt her heart pound a bit and her eyes teared up and nodded."I...just was not sure if...you would be comfortable with it being public. And well...with jack asses like that.."She looked down and smiled."Well all right then...I mean my dad already knows that I am not quite a normal girl with boys and such...so.."she smiled and shuffled her feet."Will...yer auntie...I mean she seems like a real nice lady..but I don't want to cause no trouble for either of you."

She nodded and took Alex's hand and walked into the classroom and a few of the students stared and Fiona did not bother even giving them a look she was just walking on a cloud right now. She was able to be openly with her girlfriend. She looked at Alex and sat down and looked over."Do ye wanna hang out after school...I...think we have a bit to talk about really..at this point."She smiled a bit and another girl on the other side of her made a face of disgust and spit out."Gay people go to hell you know. Jesus hates gays."Fiona whipped around and smiled sweetly."Really...where does it say that then? Cause last I checked the bible also said it was a sin to wear mixed fabrics and eat shell fish...as well as pork and if you work on the Sabbath you can be stoned to death.And Jesus himself never said anything about gay people bad or good."The girl blinked and looked a bit pale."I have read the bible bitch..I can quote it to you. Don't give me that bullshite."She turned away and looked at Alex.