Savage Species (3.5 Gestalt)(currently closed)

Started by ulthakptah, April 15, 2014, 02:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

That's usual Nicci's teasing so do not take it overly serious ;). Along with linking sexy maidens holding swords is that she keeps eye on me until I successfully IC bend her char over (which can be tough challenge as with protection evil constantly on she trolls over any mind-affecting stuff from succubi stuff or bard stuff and she is more physically capable kick my ass than other way around).

Although my incubus is not tied to single woman but I wonder how territorial a female werewolf is about her potential mate?

Anon315

Of course she is kidding. After all, I need maidens too.

NicciKotor

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on April 18, 2014, 05:37:03 AM
That's usual Nicci's teasing so do not take it overly serious ;). Along with linking sexy maidens holding swords is that she keeps eye on me until I successfully IC bend her char over (which can be tough challenge as with protection evil constantly on she trolls over any mind-affecting stuff from succubi stuff or bard stuff and she is more physically capable kick my ass than other way around).

Although my incubus is not tied to single woman but I wonder how territorial a female werewolf is about her potential mate?

What makes you think it won't be the other way around, and I convert you over to the light side of the force with lesbian orgy shows and cookies? Nobody can withstand the divine taste of my cookies! MUywhahahahaaaaaaa!

Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Zaer Darkwail

We shall see who converts to who's side ;).

NicciKotor

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on April 18, 2014, 11:00:13 AM
We shall see who converts to who's side ;).

I am the one here with the atonement spell. I can redeem anyone of their evil ways through plenty of padeling and sex and bdsm. All of which is part of the spell ritual.

Thorne

Right, moving along.
... I don't know how tolerant /Ansha/ is of sharing. Neither is she. The wolf might get pretty irritable about it, or she might not care. Hard to say.
'Course, you have to get past the axe to find out. :p
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Zaer Darkwail

Axe is easy to get past if it's not cold iron ;).

Anon315

Kunoichi

Man, I really hope the Vampire and the Werewolf both get approved for this game.  Things would turn out pretty interesting with those two on the same team. :P

Anon315

I have horrible flashbacks to this series of books/movies.

ulthakptah

Quote from: Kunoichi on April 18, 2014, 09:43:00 PM
Man, I really hope the Vampire and the Werewolf both get approved for this game.  Things would turn out pretty interesting with those two on the same team. :P
The werewolf would have to finish her character sheet first.

Speaking of Character sheets. I want to get this game up and running sometime Saturday.

NicciKotor

Quote from: ulthakptah on April 18, 2014, 10:20:37 PM
The werewolf would have to finish her character sheet first.

Speaking of Character sheets. I want to get this game up and running sometime Saturday.

That is way too fast! Think about the children! THE CHILDREN!

Anon315

He is thinking of the children. Do you realize how much RP there must be before any of us start having / siring children?

RubySlippers

I have an idea an Unbodied http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/monsters/unbodied.htm and thinking of a Psion (Telepath) combined with something else I was thinking about options there maybe Rogue even though Sneak Attack would be worthless, it does offer options for skills. An Unbodied focusing on what they do well could be quite formidable in many areas and fun to play.

But I could use some help with the character some of the creation rules are confusing me.

ulthakptah

Quote from: RubySlippers on April 18, 2014, 11:22:09 PM
I have an idea an Unbodied http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/monsters/unbodied.htm and thinking of a Psion (Telepath) combined with something else I was thinking about options there maybe Rogue even though Sneak Attack would be worthless, it does offer options for skills. An Unbodied focusing on what they do well could be quite formidable in many areas and fun to play.

But I could use some help with the character some of the creation rules are confusing me.
The level adjustment drops to +3 so at ECL 10 you will have 7 character levels. 4 levels of one side are your racial hit dice, but that works fine as they would give manifester powers of a 4th level Psion, so you just take 3 more levels of Psion on that side to have the powers of a 7th level Psion. Then you just pick a second class and have those 7 levels be the other side. As an example, Unbodied 4/ Psion 3 || Rogue 7.

Thorne

The werewolf's sheet is almost done. I'm just putting the finishing touches on it.

I'll get that up sometime later tonight - I'm raiding at the moment. >.>

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

RubySlippers

Quote from: ulthakptah on April 18, 2014, 11:38:15 PM
The level adjustment drops to +3 so at ECL 10 you will have 7 character levels. 4 levels of one side are your racial hit dice, but that works fine as they would give manifester powers of a 4th level Psion, so you just take 3 more levels of Psion on that side to have the powers of a 7th level Psion. Then you just pick a second class and have those 7 levels be the other side. As an example, Unbodied 4/ Psion 3 || Rogue 7.

Got it, since she is Unbodied it makes the other class kind of an amusing choice I think I will go with Unbodied 4/ Psion 3 || Rogue 7

Thorne

Okay. Most of the crunchy stuff. I realized, somewhat belatedly, that the boost to Large creature bungles everything, but my brain doesn't want to do numbers anymore.

If you want me to repost the lot, or send it to you, I can do that, but for now, I'm a lazy Thorne, and I just edited it in with the description and history post.

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: RubySlippers on April 19, 2014, 01:46:55 AM
Got it, since she is Unbodied it makes the other class kind of an amusing choice I think I will go with Unbodied 4/ Psion 3 || Rogue 7

You could go with bonus feats instead sneak attack, although selecting powers which manifest rays or crystals would allow sneak attack damage.

Kunoichi

Crystal Shard is a good psychic power to make sneak attacks with.

Though, as a possible alternative, levels of Monk and the Kung Fu Genius feat could give you some very nice AC and saves.  On top of that, you'll have a high enough Intelligence score that even 4+Int skill points per level will let you pick up whatever skills you want.

RubySlippers

Well all her melee attacks would all be Touch doing 1d6 Damage so armor is useless or most natural protections. But Rogue is best can play up her strong points and with Chrystal Shard could exploit Sneak Attack. And I found an online source with lots of useful information I'll look for other powers that could work so Rays and Shards, got it.

http://dndtools.eu/

RubySlippers

How do I do skill points with the aforementioned class/race combinations and saving throws I got the attack bonuses?

And Feats?

And hit dice?

Lockepick

@GM: Is there any ETA for when we'll have a selection of characters?
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Kunoichi

Quote from: RubySlippers on April 19, 2014, 04:39:26 PM
Well all her melee attacks would all be Touch doing 1d6 Damage so armor is useless or most natural protections. But Rogue is best can play up her strong points and with Chrystal Shard could exploit Sneak Attack. And I found an online source with lots of useful information I'll look for other powers that could work so Rays and Shards, got it.

http://dndtools.eu/

Actually, with the way psionic powers work, many of them can be 'Augmented' by spending extra power points while casting them for extra effects.  The total amount of points you can spend on a power is limited by your caster level, but with the level you'll be starting out at, you could easily spend 7 points and augment the first-level Crystal Shard power to deal 7d6 + Sneak Attack damage.

Between this Augment mechanic and the fact that Psions get even fewer powers known than Sorcerers get spells known, you only really need to get two or three good attack powers.  After that, you can focus most of your power selection on other useful effects.  So, for your attack powers, you could pick up the aforementioned Crystal Shard and Energy Ray and be covered on ranged sneak attack damage.  Then you could pick up other useful powers like Psionic Charm or Ego Whip and wind up with all kinds of options to play with. ^^

Also, if you want to focus on your Stealth skills, I'd recommend using the Expanded Knowledge feat to pick up Chameleon from the Psychic Warrior list.  +10 on those Stealth checks, and at a very low cost...

RubySlippers

Here is my character so far, need help with seeing if she is fine or not I wasn't sure about some things and she is still under construction:

Name: Shadowbraid
Race: Unbodied
Character Level: 7
Classes with Levels: Unbodied 4/Psion 3 -- Rogue 7
Alignment:
Patron Deity:

Ability Scores
Strength 0 (incorporeal)
Dexterity 20  [+5]
Constitution 12  [+1]
Intelligence 22  [+6]
Wisdom 16  [+3]
Charisma 17  [+3]
-> 4th Level Increase is +1 Charisma

Unbodied Racial Abilities
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/monsters/unbodied.htm
1. Fly 30 Ft. (good maneuverability)
2. Darkvision 60 Ft.
3. Deflection Bonus to Armor Class +3
4. Natural Attack: 1d6 Damage (touch)
5. Special Attacks: Psionic Powers, Telekinetic Force
6. Special Qualities: Assume Likeness, Incorporeal Traits
7. Racial Hit Dice: 4d8 Hit Points, BAB +4,  Saving Throw Bonuses Fort +1/Ref +4/Will +4
8. Racial Skills: Its class skills are Bluff, Diplomacy, Disguise, Intimidate, Listen, Sense Motive, and Spot. Unbodied have a +4 racial bonus on Bluff checks and Disguise checks. When using its assume likeness ability, an unbodied gets an additional +10 circumstance bonus on Disguise checks. If it can read an opponent’s mind, it gets a further +4 circumstance bonus on Bluff and Disguise checks.

FEATS
[1st level] Improved Initiative
[1st level psionic feat] Speed Of Thought
[3rd level] Expanded Knowledge [Chameleon]
[6th level] Weapon Finesse

SKILLS

PSION CLASS ABILITIES
DC [+6]
Discipline [Telepathy]
Power Points [46 + 21 = 67]
Powers Known [15]
Power Level Known [4th]
Powers
1st Level/DC= 17: Chameleon; Charm; Psionic; Control Light; * Crystal Shard; Inertial Armor; Mindlink.
2nd Level/DC= 18: Read Thoughts; Suggestion, Psionic; Thought Shield; Tongues, Psionic.
3rd Level/DC= 19: Body Adjustment; Darkvision, Psionic; Dispel Psionics; False Sensory Input.
4th Level/DC= 20: Dimension Door; Psionic; Dominate, Psionic.
* Ranged Sneak Attack Possible

ROGUE ABILITIES
Sneak Attack +4d6
Trapfinding
Evasion
Trap Sense +2
Uncanny Dodge

SAVES
Fortitude [+?]
Reflex [+?]
Will [+?]

BASE ATTACK BONUS [+5]