The Fall of LV-6329: An Aliens Universe Survival Game

Started by Urbanzorro, April 07, 2011, 12:02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urbanzorro

QuoteHeeeeey... by any chance are you looking for a player to be an Alien?

If not, I'm still interested. Just wondering.

Sadly no, there isn't any opportunities to play a xenomorph, though I am glad you're still interested.

@CmdrRenegade
QuoteAm I too late to bring back my Seargeant?
I'm not going to step in and make a definitive decision I think it would be better if you and Kevben Battleheart talk it out between yourselves. If you guy's can't agree (which I doubt will happen given I've found you each to be nothing if not agreeable and courteous) then I'll step in ;D.
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Kevben Battleheart

Nahhh, no discussion will be needed. I shall back away from the position and instead make a normal squad member, unless enough members join, then I shall be the Sergeant for Squad 3. And as I said with Kuroneko, there definantly is enough badassery to go around.
The Saga of Battleheart (O/O's)The Vault of Victory  ♥
The World of Adalern (currently closed to critiquing)
Tell one your thoughts, but beware of two. All know what is known to three.
Thought for the week: Harden your soul against decadence, but do not despise it for the soft appearance of the decadent may be deceiving.

Michael Corvus

I'd be interested in bringing Rome back to play, but I see someone else has already spoken for his smart gunner position.  Thoughts?
My O/O's | My A/A's | My Characters
The Oath of The Drake
*Currently Only Seeking Group Games*

Xenolord

*Cry*

Anyhow... I think I'd like to take up the rank of a new squad member, either another gun, or an electronics expert, if you have need of one. Here's teh character sheet.

Image: Reference Picture.

Name: Arca Fields

Position in platoon/rank: Squad Member (or) Electronics Expert

Personal history: Arca joined the USCM when she was 20, fresh out of the academy. Though her chosen field is electronics, she has not shied away from combat training. While not the most accurate member of the squad, she is no chump with pistol or rifle, and isn't afraid to defend herself, or others. Volunteering for the LV-6329 Expedition, Arca hopes to lend her talents to her new squad, as well as hoping to survive.

Stats Before Equipment:
-Health: 8
-Attack: 3
-Ranged Attack
-Accuarcy: 3
-Agility: 4
-Intelligence: 9
-Defense: 3
-Perception: 8
-Stealth: 8
-Luck: 4

Kit: Combat Knife; M4A3 Pistol; M10 Pattern Ballistic Armor; XV35 Motion Tracker; Shoulder-Borne Flashlight; Flares (5); Lucky Round; M41A Pulse Rifle; Under slung Grenade Launcher

Stats After Equipment:
-Health: 9 (8+1)
-Attack: 5 (3+2)
-Ranged Attack: 5 (From Pulse Rifle and Grenade Launcher)
-Accuracy: 4 (3+1)
-Agility: 4
-Intelligence: 9
-Defense: 5 (3+2)
-Perception: 12 (8+4)
-Stealth: 7 (8-1)
-Luck: 6 (4+2)

I wasn't sure how Ranged Attack panned out, so I bs'd it. Hope it's right.

Urbanzorro

@ Everyone: I'm going to work out a little roster to see just who we have where, It should be up in a min or two ;D Then I'll decide if we have grounds for a 2nd player character squad.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Kuroneko

Character Sheet

Image:

Name: Riska Danko

Position in platoon/rank: Smart Gunner/Gunnery Sargeant (E7)

Personal history: Riska is the youngest of five siblings and the only daughter in a career marine family.  With three of her four brothers in the Corps and her father highly placed in the enlisted ranks, it was only natural for her to join up as well.  Her natural ability with guns of all kinds brought her first to the sharpshooter and sniper ranks where she excelled in long-range weapons and target accuracy and then to the point gunner position in the platoon. She not only uses the weapons well, she understands how they work, how to take them apart, put them back together and how to repair or modify them when needed. 

Tall, strong, ahtletic and physically fit, Riska is always aware that as a gunner she is filling a role usually taken by a man, but long ago decided that she has already proven herself better than most other gunners, men included.  So now, she simply doesn't take any shit.  Growing up with four brothers taught her more than enough hand to hand skills to prove she has a right to her place in the platoon.  Seeing plenty of combat has made her cool under pressure, reliable and shown she's damn good at her job.  Besides, she gets to shoot the big gun and blow shit up.  What's not to like?   Loyal to her fellow marines, she always does her best to work with the other platoon members, and to cover their asses. However, lack of committment or stupidity on the part of her teammates makes her a bit twitchy. Riska gives 110% at all times, and expects the same from everyone around her.

Stats Before Equipment:

Health: 13

Attack:  4

Ranged Attack: 0

Accuracy: 5

Agility: 5

Intelligence: 7

Defense: 4

Perception: 3

Stealth: 5

Luck: 4

Kit:

M56 Smart Gun
Effect:  +5 Ranged attack + 3 Accuracy, +1 Perception

E5 Advanced Targeting Lens
Effect:  +1 Accuracy, +1 Perception

Continuous Cycling Barrel
Effect:  +1 Ranged Attack, -1 Stealth

Radioactive Ammunition
Effect:  +3 Ranged Attack,  -1 Luck

Lightened Frame
Effect: +1 Agility

Polymer Chest Plate
Effect: +2 Defense, -1 Agility

Rear View Mirror
Effect:  +1 Perception

M111 Combat Helmet
Effect: +1 Defense, +1 Intelligence when deciding the outcome of a major event, Allows its user to communicate with any member of the platoon who also possesses radio equipment. Regardless of location as long as there is nothing jamming the signal.

Side Mounted Helmet Camera (Requires Helmet):
Description:  A side mounted camera for the M111 Helmet, it provides a constant feed to the platoon's officer, allowing him/her to evaluate the tactical situation of every member of his/her squad.   

Effect: +1 Perception, +1 Intelligence when deciding the outcome of a major event.

M12 Pattern Advanced Personal Armor
Effect: + 1 Health +3 Defense, Defense stat is immune to Acid based attacks.

M4A3 Pistol
Effect: +1 Attack, +1 Accuracy

Stats After Equipment: 

Health: 14

Attack:  5

Ranged Attack: 9

Accuracy: 10

Agility: 5

Intelligence: 9 (+2 Intelligence when deciding the outcome of a major event)

Defense: 10 (Defense stat is immune to acid attacks)

Perception: 7

Stealth: 4

Luck: 3

Edit: switched out the combat knife for the helmet mounted camera and adjusted stats accordingly
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Urbanzorro

Ok here's the roster as is so far.

1st Squad(Required)
3rd Squad Leader: Aiden (Mengsk)
3rd Squad's Sergeant: Cmdr Renegade (O'Shay)
1st Squad Smart Gunner:Kuroneko (Riska Danko)
1st Squad Flamethrower Man: Shihong(Character Name TBA)
1st Squad Member Ebb(Cooper)
1st Squad Member Kevben Battleheart (character Name TBA)
1st Squad Member XenoLord (Arca )
3rdSquad Synthetic: Haibane (Senjo)

3rd Squad (Optional)
3rd Squad Leader:
3rd Squad's Sergeant:
3rd Squad Smart Gunner: Michael Corvus (Rome)
3rd Squad Flamethrower Man:
3rd Squad Member
3rd Squad Member
3rd Squad Member
3rd Squad Synthetic

As you can see we actually have 1st squad filled up already, which is very surprising considering how short an amount of time this interest check has been up for. SO I'm going to go ahead and open up 3rd squad. BUT each player will, for now at least, only be allowed 1 character. So if you'd like to switch to a position in 3rd squad please say so now and I'll switch you on my roster ;D Also 3rd squad doesn't need to be 100% filled before we start the game. It can be, but given some of my plans it doesn't need to be >:)

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

CmdrRenegade

Image:

Name: Michael "Sarge" O'Shay

Position/ Rank: Platoon SGT/Master SGT

Personal History:  A Corp lifer, he doesn't know or want to know much else.  He's seen enough war and death to help him stay cool under pressure.  He tolerates no weakness in his men or in himself, but those who meet that standard see he has their best interest at heart.  He gets the job done and tries to bring home as many of his people as he can. 

Stats Before Equipment

Health: 10
Attack: 5
Accuracy: 6
Agility: 4
Intelligence: 6
Defense: 5
Perception: 5
Stealth: 4
Luck: 5

Primary Weapon: M41A Pulse Rifle with Heavy Anti-Personnel Rounds
Armor: M12 Pattern Advanced Personnel Armor
Kit:
   -M111 Combat Helmet
   -Side Mounted Helmet Camera
   -XV35 Motion Tracker
   -Stogie
   -.357 Magnum
   -Advanced Communications Gear

Stats After Equipment

Attack: 7
Ranged Attack: 9
Agility: 4
Intelligence: 6  (8 when major outcome being decided)
Defense: 9
Stealth: 3
Luck: 8
"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."-Tycho Brahe of Penny Arcade

I'm CmdrRenegade and these are my Ons and Offs and Apologies and Abcenses on Elliquiy.

Urbanzorro

@Aiden, Cmdr Renegade, Kuroneko, and Ebb Characters Approved

@XenoLord You've only used 11 of your 20 Kit points, are you sure you wish to do this? Given that your pistol adds to your Attack and not Ranged Attack you currently have a Ranged Attack of zero.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Kuroneko

Awesome!  And now I must to bed.  Looking forward to starting the game  :D
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Michael Corvus

Awww.... Rome got moved out of 1st squad and separated from the gang. :( Ah well,  he's a one man wrecking crew anyway. As Rome would say, "Bring it on baby! This shit builds your immune system! WOOO!"
My O/O's | My A/A's | My Characters
The Oath of The Drake
*Currently Only Seeking Group Games*

Urbanzorro

Also it should be noted that the squad break up listed is not necessarily how the squads will be divided i.e. just because you're in 1st squad on my lil chart right now doesn't mean you'll be in it IC. I'll divide it as best fits the plot, right now this chart is just so that people can know what is and isn't open ;D

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Haibane

Hi Urban, the backstory we agreed on to cover Senjo's return is now redundant I think because most of Kilo Platoon under Mengsk survived "Jackie's Hope" so we need to rethink what happened on LV-1875.

Perhaps they were just lifted out once the computers determined the colonists were all dead and Jane and the - uh - interesting lifeform we met (whom I shall call 'Bob') came out with them?

I'm not sure what else we can say happened seeing as so many of Kilo are around.

(You know, I did say to you that if you simply reopened Kilo Platoon again, we'd most likely all just play on!)

Xenolord

It was 12 by my count, but yes, I'm sure. There's nothing else in that listing that would fit an electronics expert, but other then that, yep, I'm good. If there's something else you can recommend, I'll certainly consider it.

Urbanzorro

Well I'd recommend a pulse rifle. Even electronics experts would have received rifle training and would have needed to qualify with it to finish boot camp. Just as in the real life USMC. Also A slight edit for your back story is needed. At this point in time the xenomorphs' existence, and the existence of other aliens for that matter,  is not common knowledge and as such only those who are very high up on the USCM command chain, those involved with xenomorph research or those who had had first hand experience would be the only ones to even know of their existence much less any real info on  how they fight/work/ect.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Aiden

Quote from: Haibane on April 08, 2011, 02:27:12 AM
Hi Urban, the backstory we agreed on to cover Senjo's return is now redundant I think because most of Kilo Platoon under Mengsk survived "Jackie's Hope" so we need to rethink what happened on LV-1875.

Perhaps they were just lifted out once the computers determined the colonists were all dead and Jane and the - uh - interesting lifeform we met (whom I shall call 'Bob') came out with them?

I'm not sure what else we can say happened seeing as so many of Kilo are around.

(You know, I did say to you that if you simply reopened Kilo Platoon again, we'd most likely all just play on!)

If there is a change like that then we need to take all the returning characters to a PM...since something happened to Ceaser that he ended up changing his name to "Tychus"

Kevben Battleheart

Image:Refrence Image

Name: Rohan Zhevara

Position in platoon/rank: Squad Member/Private First Class (PFC, E-3)

Personal history:

Stats Before Equipment:

Attack: 3
Ranged Attack: 0
Accuracy: 9
Agility: 3
Intelligence: 5
Defense: 4
Luck: 6

Kit:

• M41A Pulse Rifle (5)
    Effect: +3 ranged attack
  • M12 Pattern Advanced Personal Armor (2)
    Effect: +1 health, +3 defense, and Defense stat is immune to Acid based attacks
  • M111 Combat Helmet (1)
    Effect: +1 defense, +1 intelligence when major outcome being decided, Allows its user to communicate with any member of the platoon who also possesses radio equipment. Regardless of location as long as there is nothing jamming the signal.
  • Side-Mounted Helmet Camera (1)
    Effect: +1 perception, +1 Intelligence when deciding the outcome of a major event
  • A45 Auto Ammunition Selector (4)
    Effect: +1 ranged attack, +1 intelligence, +1 luck
  • Anti-Armor Ammunition (2)
    Effect: +2 ranged attack when facing a "Boss" opponent
  • Explosive-Tipped Ammunition (2)
    Effect: Attacks have a 50% chance of lowering enemies defense stat by 1 point when facing "boss" opponents.
  • Hollow Points (2)
    Effect: +2 Ranged Attack when fighting any opponents other than 'bosses'
  • Lucky Round (1)
    Effect: +2 luck

Stats After Equipment:

Health: 11
Attack: 3
Ranged Attack: 4 (6 when facing a 'Boss' opponent, 6 when fighting any opponent other than 'Bosses'
Accuracy: 9
Agility: 3
Intelligence: 6 (8 when deciding the outcome of a major event)
Defense: 8
Perception: 8
Luck: 9

Tis a work in progress. I should be able to have a name and history built up for him later today.
The Saga of Battleheart (O/O's)The Vault of Victory  ♥
The World of Adalern (currently closed to critiquing)
Tell one your thoughts, but beware of two. All know what is known to three.
Thought for the week: Harden your soul against decadence, but do not despise it for the soft appearance of the decadent may be deceiving.

Xenolord

Alrighties, I changed that stuff. Sorry for the confusion.

Urbanzorro

@Kevben Battleheart: Character Approved
@XenoLord: Character approved, and no apologies needed ;D

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Zillah

I would love to play Yui again, if that's at all possible. :)

EDIT: I didn't realize the roster was virtually filled already! :( So just please keep me in mind if someone drops out, then.

Haibane

There are positions free in 3rd Squad, Z, darling. Yui could have moved around in the platoon as Rome seems to have done.

I'm sure Yui will love being in 3rd Sqd with Rome for company... such a refreshing conversationalist!

Urbanzorro

Lol, there's also the fact that I may mix up the squad rosters a bit, the ones up right now are just to show which slots are open i.e. how many marines, flamethrower men/women, smartgunners, ect are open.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Zillah

Okay, sounds good. :)

Then please, put Yui in one of the flamethrower slots.

Crovonovin

Image: [Unsuited]  [Ape Suit (Minus Gun)]

Name: Benjamin Mathias

Position in platoon/rank: Flamethrower

Personal history: [Under Construction]

Stats (With Equipment):

Health: 9 (10)

Attack:  3 (9)

Ranged Attack: (+5)

Agility: 4 (6)

Intelligence: 5

Defense: 5 (8)

Perception: 5

Luck: 10

Kit:

• M240B Flamethrower (5)
  • Range Reactive Nozzle: (Flamethrower) (3)
  • M119 Ape Suit (3)
  • M120 N.B.C. Warfare Kit (2)
  • Powered Joints (2)
  • Kinetic Dampeners (1)
  • Thermite-Plasma Remix (2)
  • M4A3 Pistol (2)

Athos

I'd be interested in playing a squad member in 3rd squad. Character sheet will be up for approval asap.

Current roleplay status:  Looking for new stories.

"Weep," said Athos, "Weep, heart full of love, youth and life! Alas, I would I could weep like you!"