News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Forum Frame Problem

Started by CharlieSariel, March 15, 2011, 07:45:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CharlieSariel

Hello all,

So I'm returning to Elli after a bit of a hiatus, and I've run into a strange display issue.
Those frames along the left side of the topics that have individual poster's information, and avatars and such?  They're overflowing into the text parts on the right.  Last time I was on the site, when an Avatar picture was larger than the recommended size, (like mine.. >.>), it grew scroll bars and stayed where it belonged.  In the frame.

Now, they just keep on going, and sprawl halfway over the text I want to be reading.  Not an immense problem all told, but I would like to resume reading threads without having to highlight text again  :)

Any help or suggestions would be useful.  I have a screenshot of the problem, if it will help anyone.

Thanks in advance!

Current Posting Rate - Approximately 1 to 2 posts per week

Vekseid

What browser and os are you using?

CharlieSariel

Somehow I knew that was going to be asked at one point  :P

I'm using Opera v11 for a browser, running WinXP OS

Current display settings are 1280 x 1024, although adjusting that doesn't seem to help.

Also, my friend Ewe downloaded a fresh copy of Opera v11 and tried to view the site, and she did not have the same display issue.

Sabriel

I tried using Opera myself to see if I could help figure out the problem with her but did not seam to have the issue myself, not sure if knowing that will help.

I hope so :)

Vekseid

Yeah, I have the admin account loaded in Opera 11.

Hm.

Try shift + reload? It may be that you cached part of the css badly and thus it got funky.

CharlieSariel

Alas no.  Still seeing the spill-over, and no avatar cropping.

Vekseid

CharlieSariel

I uploaded it to the Wiki and PMed you the link  :)