The Pirate's Code II: Good Fortune [Day 1]

Started by Valerian, August 26, 2009, 12:59:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valerian

Of late, the Good Fortune had not lived up to her name.  Several ships that would have made good pickings for the pirates had heard whispers of a possible attack, it seemed, and had changed course, leaving the crew with less treasure than they would have liked after several long weeks at sea.  As if this weren't enough, a storm two days ago had damaged the forward mast, leaving them limping along at half-speed for home.

This morning, still worse is discovered.  When the bosun's mate goes to wake the captain at first light as usual, he finds the captain dead, his throat neatly slit.  The crew must have a new captain to bring them home, and quickly; for the ship cannot maneuver as it should, and would be an easy mark for the Royal Navy.  And the crew must also learn who these hidden mutineers are, for as long as they are alive, none will sleep easy in their beds.

The crew:

• Aiden
  • Circlmastr
  • Josietta
  • Kip
  • LadySky
  • Marguerite
  • Ryven
  • QueenTrippingSerpent
  • Saku
  • Sinera

Remember, this first vote is for a new captain.  Choose wisely, mateys!
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Transgirlenstein

What can we do without a Captain?  I vote that we make Marguerite our new Captain!
Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

Ryven

LadySky

Looking about at her fellow pirate's LadySky knows to trust none. A decision had to made however so she points toward  QueenTrippingSerpent, let her lead us to safety!
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Kip

"You say good start, I say perfect ending. 
This world has no heart and mine is beyond mending."
~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

Josietta

Perhaps if Aiden were the captain our rum would never run dry!

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

sinera

Arrr! Methinks Josietta would lead us to riches aplenty!
O/O | A/A | My Intro | Fairytale Requests
Apparently some people don't read my O/O before adding me on MSN/Y! - so I'll say it here: IF YOU DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE FROM E, I WILL NOT ACCEPT BUDDY REQUESTS. Please read my O/O before PMing me with ideas, thanks.
Best IRC cybersex come-on line EVER: "I see you're an erotica writer...So, do you ever do any realtime collaborations?"

Ryven

Valerian

Current Voting [Captain]:

Aiden (2) - Josietta, Aiden
Marguerite (2) - QueenTrippingSerpent, Saku
Josietta (1) - Sinera
Kip (1) - Ryven
LadySky (1) - Kip
QueenTrippingSerpent (1) - LadySky
CirclMastr (0)
Ryven (0)
Saku (0)
Sinera (0)

Yet to vote: CirclMastr, Marguerite
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Saku

Saku votes for Marguerite of course, for she would make an excellent captain!
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

Aiden

"I am not humble enough to nominate anyone else for captain! I (Aiden) want to be captain!"

CirclMastr

CirclMastr eyes the others.  "If yer set on namin' a cap'n fer yerselves, at least make it the lovely wench Marguerite so we have a good view afore we find our throats slit!"
Ons & offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8373.0
Statistics are like a bikini; what they reveal is significant, but what they conceal is even more important.

Valerian

Current Voting [Captain]:

Marguerite (3) - QueenTrippingSerpent, Saku
Josietta (1) - Sinera
Kip (1) - Ryven
LadySky (1) - Kip
CirclMastr (0)
Ryven (0)
Saku (0)
Sinera (0)

Yet to vote: Marguerite
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Marguerite

-Stretches and rubs her bleeding eyes-

Too much rum but I loved drinking it down. My vote goes for Saku.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Valerian

Final Voting [Captain]:

Marguerite (3) - QueenTrippingSerpent, Saku, CirclMastr
Josietta (1) - Sinera
Kip (1) - Ryven
LadySky (1) - Kip
Saku (1) - Marguerite
CirclMastr (0)
Ryven (0)
Sinera (0)

With their new captain at the helm, keeping the ship underway, the crew felt more at ease -- but they dared not relax yet.  The previous captain's killer was still unknown, and no one could be easy until the culprits were brought to justice -- the harsh justice of a pirate ship, far from any port.

It was time to decide on who might be guilty of this terrible crime, and send them to Davy Jones' Locker once and for all.

• Aiden
  • Circlmastr
  • Josietta
  • Kip
  • LadySky
  • Cap'n Marguerite
  • Ryven
  • QueenTrippingSerpent
  • Saku
  • Sinera

There are 3 Mutineers, 1 Ship's Cook, 1 Ship's Surgeon, and 5 Pirates.

Now it's time for a lynching.  Vote carefully, me hearties!
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

CirclMastr

CirclMastr cast a mean glare across the deck.  "If'n ya ask me, we oughta string up that Ryven!  I don't trust that scalliwag any further'n I can throw 'im!  Just look at 'is name, Ryven, and now we be riven 'tween decent pirate folk and bloody mutineers!  It was bad luck bringin' 'im aboard and the sooner we're ridda 'im, the sooner we're ridda 'is curse!"
Ons & offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8373.0
Statistics are like a bikini; what they reveal is significant, but what they conceal is even more important.

Ryven

Quote from: CirclMastr on August 27, 2009, 03:32:15 PM
CirclMastr cast a mean glare across the deck.  "If'n ya ask me, we oughta string up that Ryven!  I don't trust that scalliwag any further'n I can throw 'im!  Just look at 'is name, Ryven, and now we be riven 'tween decent pirate folk and bloody mutineers!  It was bad luck bringin' 'im aboard and the sooner we're ridda 'im, the sooner we're ridda 'is curse!"

"I be but a simple pirate, Circl.  Me name has nary a thing to do with our current plight, but if there be no way of convincing ye otherwise, yer entitled to yer vote.  As for me, I say Josi be a bit of a fast one.  I be keepin' me eye on 'er."

He flips his eyepatch from one eye to the other before pointing one finger at the revealed eye and then pointing it at her.

LadySky

I've always had a hankerin to see Aiden walk the plank!
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Josietta

Josi huffs with a bit of guffaw and shakes her head. "Arrrrgh! Ye are daft ta be thinkin' I'm ta blame 'ere! Yer a'pickin on meh cuz I be a gael! Aren't ye!? I think I be votin' fo' Ryven as well! He be pointin' 'is grubby lil fingers t'ward meh ta take tha' 'eat off'n 'imself!"

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Josietta

((I feel weird 'talking' like this. *laughs* ))

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Aiden

Aiden glares at Ladysky and quickly grabs his plank from the outside of his trousers.
"Walk this plank you saucy wench! Ryven you are fast to point the finger at someone else after be accused of something...that is might suspicious to me!"

Ryven

Quote from: Josietta on August 27, 2009, 05:37:00 PM
Josi huffs with a bit of guffaw and shakes her head. "Arrrrgh! Ye are daft ta be thinkin' I'm ta blame 'ere! Yer a'pickin on meh cuz I be a gael! Aren't ye!? I think I be votin' fo' Ryven as well! He be pointin' 'is grubby lil fingers t'ward meh ta take tha' 'eat off'n 'imself!"

"What ye have in yer britches nor what ye wear on yer skin matter not to me.  My vote be based on a feeling which only grows stronger as more of ye jump on the bandwagon to send an innocent pirate to his death!"

Quote from: Aiden on August 27, 2009, 05:52:52 PM
Aiden glares at Ladysky and quickly grabs his plank from the outside of his trousers.
"Walk this plank you saucy wench! Ryven you are fast to point the finger at someone else after be accused of something...that is might suspicious to me!"

"No quicker 'en you though it's not yer finger ye be pointin'.  Ye'll see though.  Should I walk the plank and be sent to the briny deep, I'll laugh at ye from below as the Good Fortune is consumed with treachery an' lies!

I change me vote to Aiden!"

Kip

"You be mad.  The lot of ye!  I ne'er seen a crazier, more insane lot.  You be barking up the wrong tree.  The wrong tree, I be telling yeh.  Josi, the wench, be the one we should all be blaming."

"You say good start, I say perfect ending. 
This world has no heart and mine is beyond mending."
~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

Valerian

Current Voting:

Aiden (3) - LadySky, Ryven, Cap'n Marguerite
Ryven (3) - CirclMastr, Josietta, Aiden
Josietta (1) - Kip
CirclMastr (0)
Kip (0)
LadySky (0)
Cap'n Marguerite (0)
QueenTrippingSerpent (0)
Saku (0)
Sinera (0)

Yet to vote: QueenTrippingSerpent, Saku, Sinera

There are 3 Mutineers, 1 Ship's Cook, 1 Ship's Surgeon, and 5 Pirates.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Marguerite

*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You