A handful of old ideas I thought I'd rejuvinate (M seeking F)

Started by Major Major, April 26, 2013, 10:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Major Major

I have a few old ideas I might as well put up to see if there is any interest. Two of them are broadly similar, just with some small changes here and there, but they come at the material from opposite directions, so to speak. Forgive me also if I start to wax poetical.

1.) June, 1940. France has fallen, and all of Europe is under the jackbooted heel of the Nazis. In the clear blue skies over Southern England, the Spitfires and Hurricanes of RAF 11 Group perform their deadly dances against the best of the Luftwaffe, the fate of the free world hanging in the balance. But then the impossible happens, and into these skies fly a machine that would not be seen for decades; a modern jet fighter.....

2.) May, 1941. Dawn is peeking over the steel grey horizon, as the waters of the North Atlantic are parted by two mighty steel fortresses; two of the Royal Navy's finest fighting ships, the new battleship HMS Prince of Wales, and leading her, the most beautiful warship of the early 20th Century, the grand old lady of war herself, the battlecruiser HMS Hood. Far over the horizon, their quarry and foe, the German cruiser Prinz Eugen, and the ominously massive form of the battleship Bismarck. Four ships on a collision course with destiny and history. Four ships that are about to meet a surprising twist of fate, as a sudden storm swirls up, depositing something incredable before them....

3.) A policeman's lot is not a happy one, and especially so on the mean streets of L.A./New York. Your previous partner was sent to the hospital after a bust went bad, and now the Commish has called you into his office, to tell you that you're being pulled off frontline duties, and that the DA's putting you in charge of hand holding some young Limey plod who's come over on an "Officer Exchange Programme"....

Anyway, as you can see I have my Ons and Offs in my sig, but if you have any other questions, do ask.