News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Favourite Beer (or other alchoholic beverage of choice)

Started by paraplu, January 22, 2011, 01:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteTigerForever

Though my serious drinking days have wayyyyyy past...lol,

My favorites as far as "Beer", is lagers, ales and the makings from microbreweries...with good friends. (Stay away from the stout!!! and black and tans!!)

Hard liquor:  Black Rum (makes you sick as a dog though, lmao), vodka and sometimes gin.

soooo I also like mixed drinks in a techno/trance club with the base pumping and some speakers, a cage or a stage to get onto/into... >:)
Not accepting new roles but Photoshop riches await you instead.

NotoriusBEN

Microbrews and stuff from the store... Elysian's Dragontooth Stout, Coors Light, Mike's Hard Lemonade, Mike's Hard Limeade, Apfelkorn Hard Apple Cider

Mixed Drinks... Cuba Libre (rum and coke); Screwdriver (vodka and OJ); Nicholashka (Lemon, coffee, sugar, congac)

A rare drink that is tasty is ''Apples and Pears''.
1.5 oz Stolichnaya Gala Applik Vodka
1.5 oz Pear juice
.75 oz Vanilla-Nutmeg Syrup*
.5 oz Fresh lime juice
5 Dashes Angostura Bitters
1 oz Hard cider
Garnish: Apple slice and grated nutmeg

Glass: Double old fashioned

*Vanilla-Nutmeg SyrupINGREDIENTS:
2 cups Sugar
2 cups Water
2 tsp Ground nutmeg
6 Vanilla beans, cut in half lengthwise

complicated as fuck to make, but its like drinking an apple pie.

WhiteTigerForever

favorite shots:

cocksucker i.e. butterynipple

and Jello shots  ;)

oooooooooohhhhhh and I soooooo forgot Long Island Ice Teas... hee hee

*Woot* for microbreweries!!!

Oniya

Long Island Ice Teas are dangerous!  Make 'em right, and you don't taste alcohol until it whacks your brain out with the lemon slice wrapped around a brick!

(but not a gold brick - that would be a completely different dangerous drink.  ;D )
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

WhiteTigerForever

Quote from: Oniya on July 27, 2011, 09:38:05 PM
Long Island Ice Teas are dangerous!  Make 'em right, and you don't taste alcohol until it whacks your brain out with the lemon slice wrapped around a brick!

(but not a gold brick - that would be a completely different dangerous drink.  ;D )

agrees...lmao, many a night I had those that I remember...we won't talk about the ones I don't remember..lmao

Silverfyre

Currently, I am on a stout kick.  Sam Smith's Oatmeal Stout, Left Hand's Milk Stout, and the old staple, Guinness, are the current favorites.

Will

Sam Smith's Oatmeal Stout is absolutely delicious!  Pretty much anything produced by Samuel Smith is excellent, though.
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Silverfyre

I have only started to explore their fine selection of brews but tomorrow might be another outing to "World of Beer" or "Total Wine".

WhiteTigerForever

Quote from: Silverfyre on July 28, 2011, 01:20:47 AM
Currently, I am on a stout kick.  Sam Smith's Oatmeal Stout, Left Hand's Milk Stout, and the old staple, Guinness, are the current favorites.

oooooooooohhhhhhhh noooooooooooooooo Guinnessssss... be that my dooommmmmmmm!!! XD

yunghungfun

Favorite beer to get on draft is Sam Adams ar Fat Tire.  Absolute favorite beer I have had is the Samuel Adams Imperial Series Double Bock....mmmmmm

Sabby

I would say wine, but it makes me hot and I actually get a hangover sometimes, and leaves a bad taste in my mouth the next day. Strongbow Sweet doesn't do that.

Oniya

Strongbow is awesome.  It also doesn't look quite as weird when you order it in a pub (as opposed to wine).
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Sabby

peaceinpangea

I can't deal with beer  -_-  If I am at some sort of gathering and feel left out I can make myself nurse a Leinenkugels lemonade thingy or a Corona, but I don't really enjoy it and feel kind of nauseous.
  As for liquor, I prefer it simple: Vodka or gin mixed with diet pop is good enjoy for me.
Call me Pip.

Sabby

Beers disgusting. I've been to parties where theres a bathtub in the yard and everyone must bring something to empty into it. I'm a fussy drinker, so I didn't touch it.

Oniya

Quote from: Sabby on August 01, 2011, 04:13:49 PM
Beers disgusting. I've been to parties where theres a bathtub in the yard and everyone must bring something to empty into it. I'm a fussy drinker, so I didn't touch it.

O_O  I'm not terribly fussy.  I may not drink beer - not even Dos Equis - but I can usually find something at the bar that I like when I decide I want to drink (although I don't drink often - a four-pack of wine coolers has lasted me three months, and there's still one left).  I think that even if I was a beer drinker, I'd walk run the other way from 'bathtub beer'.

peaceinpangea

:o  I have to say "Ewww!" to bath tub beer. I don't think it makes you a fussy drinker because you don't want to drink a whole bunch of mixed stuff sitting open to the air, Sabby.
Call me Pip.

Silverfyre

~Smacks Sabby~ Beer is not disgusting!

All violence aside, Pip, you ever have a Diet Coke and Malibu Rum?  If you dig coconut, try that out.  It's delicious.  We call it a "Suntan" because it smells like suntan lotion.

Oniya

Does it have to be diet?  That sounds rather tasty.

Silverfyre

Not at all.  Actually, if you have a sweet tooth, regular Coke or Pepsi is even better.

Will

I love beer, but that sounds absolutely awful.  The general idea is to put ice in the tub, then put the unopened beers on ice.  Much better that way. ::)  I certainly don't blame you for not partaking.
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Sabby

Oniya

Even more of a reason to stay away from it.  Some flavors just don't go together, even on the off-chance that it was high-quality booze to begin with.

peaceinpangea

Quote from: Silverfyre on August 01, 2011, 05:26:54 PM
All violence aside, Pip, you ever have a Diet Coke and Malibu Rum?  If you dig coconut, try that out.  It's delicious.  We call it a "Suntan" because it smells like suntan lotion.

I haven't, but now I'm intrigued! I love coconut and use coconut oil for everything, I mean everything. I'll have to try it, I haven't had rum in a long time. Last time it was "The Kraken" and it made me kinda sick :/

edit: typos! argh!
Call me Pip.

Silverfyre

Oh Lord, "The Kraken" is one of the worst rums out there.  I would stick to the clear rums.  Spiced rum can just wreck havoc on a good drink.

Although, I do love me some Captain Morgan.