<Borderlands> No Rest for the Vault Hunter [Seeking Moxxi & More]

Started by ManyMindsManyVoices, October 17, 2012, 04:23:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Vault Hunters aren't likely to be 'asked' to help, unless one of the other other Vault Hunters wants your protection or something."
My O/Os * Everyone should read 1/0

This is the Oath of the Drake. You should take it.

Pentagious666

Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

Jinxed One

Any arguments to me using the Legendary Shield "The Sham"? It isn't particularly strong but I can see how it's special ability would help me... The only thing it does really is absorb bullets shot at me at a high rate until it breaks. (Absorbed bullets can then be fired) It can be quite useful but I would be willing to keep it at relatively low damage before it breaks to even things out.

ManyMindsManyVoices

"No reason it really needs to be 'The Sham' if it's stats are lower. Vladof shields are designed to absorb bullets in general, so you can just note a Moderate capacity Vladof shield with a high bullet absorption rate."

Latooni Subota

Alright. How does this stuff look so far?

Name: Saga Sawa    Player: Latooni
Tagline: "Did somebody say treasure?!"
Appearance/Description: As a Siren, Saga has the tell-tale glow-y tattoos starting on the left side of her face, and moving all the way down the left side of her body.

Durability: Moderate. Her armor has pretty good resistance to being pierced, but negligable impact resistance, so the odds of her passing out from the sheer impact of gunfire is higher than the odds of her armor being breached.
Shield: Moderate. It's less that her shield is particularly powerful, and more that her shield has an absurdly high refresh rate. When her shield gets overwhelmed she tends to flee in terror to hide for the short period that it takes to refresh, before leaping out and kicking butt again.

Special Ability: Phase Leap: This ability allows the Siren to instantly travel from one point to another, by warping space between the two points. I say instantly, but there's a slight delay beforehand while the Siren focuses the mental energy to activate the jump. Right now she can jump between 15-20 yards, though with more time to just sit and focus without distractions, she could probably leap further. If she can't see the destination, she cannot leap.

Weapon Specializations: Pistols, Sniper Rifles

Skills: The Siren is petite and quick, hard to get a bead on when she knows you're coming. She lacks the physical strength and endurance of other Vault Hunters, so she relies on her quick-draw style with her high-stopping-power weapons to make up for it. She's an exceptionally good leaper and climber, thanks to a childhood spent exploring company mining sites and fleeing from babysitters through dangerous worksites.

Weapons
Jakobs Sheriff Star: A long-barrel five-shot revolver with an absurdly high stopping power . . and not-at-all impressive range. It's really quite a nice-looking gun, with a pearl-grip handle! It also has an old-fashioned scope on top! How cool is that?!

Jakobs Widowmaker: A heavy single-shot sniper rifle with an absolutely silly amount of armor-piercing power, and a x20 zoom scope with infra-red. This gun is the Siren's pride and joy despite it's obvious limitations. She just loves guns with high stopping power!

Bantam Mk4 Switchblade: The Siren's father's company produced this personal-defense weapon before it was bought out. At first glance it's a simple switchblade, but the high-quality alloys it's made of make it perfect for taking advantage of light armor and the gaps in heavier armor.

Background: Saga Sawa is the adopted daughter of Maggie Sawa, and heiress to the Bantam Corporation, a company specializing in high-quality alloys and materials used in weapons and armor. At least . . she was, until the company was utterly destroyed by corporate shenanigans and buy-outs. Before this happened, the girl was a bit of a wild child, running off and doing whatever she really wanted. Eventually, she decided that what she wanted to do was be a Vault Hunter!

Pandora was her destination, and she set-out to be the GREATEST Vault Hunter in existance! Along with her came three uniquely skilled companions from the company, and they made quite a name for themselves. Bandits and rivals alike cowered in their wake, as they blasted their way across the countryside searching for a Vault to crack. Sadly, just when they felt they were getting on the right path, the Bantam Corporation was wrapped in scandals and bought out for pennies on the dollar.

With no money left in it, Saga's companions eventually went off and did their own things. One became a florist, another became a butcher . . what an ignoble end to a mighty team of Vault Hunters! That was around when word came down that ANOTHER group found a Vault! SUCH EMBARRASSMENT! Saga decided then and there that she'd do what she could to continue being a Vault Hunter, and show everyone that she was NUMBER 1.

Sexual Interest/Boundaries: Saga is pretty open-minded when it comes to naughty matters. Short of scat and getting knives and blood involved, she'd probably be fine with most anything as long as it's not too extreme.
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

ManyMindsManyVoices

EDIT: "PM sent."

"Still looking to decide where the main hub of the setting will be. There's a poll in the idea thread."

"Also, I'm still working on the OOC thread."

Pentagious666

Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

Zhu Que

Jinxed One

I am super thrilled for this to start too, even though I haven't posted my finished profile. >_< It will be up soon though.

Pentagious666

Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Honestly, more than players, I'm looking for feedback to get this game up and running. If nothing else, I need more input on the game's hub."

"I really would like to see a Moxxi, since she's more of a static feature of the world, I might see if someone's willing to side-NPC her."

EDIT: "If you want to vote on the game hub, do so by tonight, because I'm going to take it down so I can start building the setting after that. I've narrowed it down to two real choices, since no one seemed to want any of the others."

ManyMindsManyVoices

"I'll probably get the game started tomorrow or the day after. Recruiting won't stop, and if anyone can think of ways to help it, that'd be great. Moxxi's bar will exist (and unless we get a Moxxi soon, I will probably make a profile for her with whatever is generally assumed about her, and someone can fill in the details later), but the bar will be open, with someone else as the tender for now."

"Heyo!"

Pentagious666

Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

ManyMindsManyVoices

ManyMindsManyVoices

"The IC thread is up, and Dri's first post is done. However, I'm not quite ready to start just yet. I'd like to take the actual game discussion over to the OOC thread and keep the lines of communication between players open."

"Again, recruitment is still open, and it won't close down in the near future."

Pentagious666

Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

ManyMindsManyVoices

"The game is now up and running, but recruitment is not over. Always happy to have more players!"

AribethAmkiir

Name: Circe     Player: AribethAmkiir

Tagline: Sugar and Spice… not likely.
Appearance/Description: Weary brown eyes caked heavily with dark mascara peer indifferently from a mass of spiked blonde dyed tips which jut in a carefully orchestrated cacophony upon Circe’s head.  Beneath the hair rests a young woman’s face, innocent and sweet except for a twinkle in the eyes which belies a very dangerous “little girl”.  Circe wears a green jacket, capable of protecting her from small arms fire, zipped to varying degrees of modesty as her mood requires.  Snug pants and a white undershirt complete the rest of her suit.  A bandolier worn at a diagonal accentuates her hips and holds her Torgue explossive repeater pistol.

Durability: Circe’s jacket allows her to take some small arms fire but isn’t designed for sustained protection.  If her shields go down, it’s best if she stays behind cover until they recharge.
Shield: A Maliwan Fire Spike shield, this shield is durable and can withstand a barrage of heavy fire for a short amount of time.  The recharge isn’t fast, but it’s fast enough that it leaves little downtime for the Siren to work without them.  The shield also has the notable effect of burning anyone that strikes Circe in close quarters.

Special Ability: Phaselock - Effectively locks a target between dimensions, freezing them in place, and leaving them incapacitated for a short amount of time during which the target is vulnerable to attacks.  Rumors abound that Circe’s Phaselock ability does more than simply freeze a target though those who have experienced it have never been given the chance to discuss it. Like all Sirens Circe can also use the Phase Strike ability.

Weapon Specializations: Circe is an expert with repeater pistols, and assault rifles.
Skills: Hacking, hiding, and getting into places she shouldn’t be.

Weapons

Vladof Slag Spinigun - High rate of fire assault rifle with three rotating barrels and a 30 shot magazine. It fires slag bullets, which allows her to saturate the field with slag to weaken enemies.  Softens the enemies up and lets Archon tear through ‘em.

Torgue Hand Cannon - It was a gift, kinda.  Acheron handed it to her and told her not to lose it.  She’s had it ever since. This pistol is a heavy power explosive weapon (for a pistol) and holds 4 shots per reload and fires at a decent rate.

Phase Strike - Like all Sirens Circe is able to use her phase shifting powers in a more direct, hand-to-hand fashion causing severe damage from her melee strikes.

Background:
Circe was born a Siren, and despite having tattoos that covered her left arm and body since she could remember, she was content to believe her parents when they told her it simply meant she was “special”.  Special enough to force her folks to move constantly, stay low, and never bring unwanted attention to themselves.  That lasted for a few years, then someone would notice Circe’s tattoos and the family would pick up in the middle of the night and run for it.  She lost her ma when she was seven and her pa when she was nine.  By that time she’d figured out she was the reason for their deaths.  Her and her tattoos.  She would’ve likely been caught and killed too if she hadn’t had the good sense to find the biggest, meanest bloke she could and convince him to help her.  All it took was a sad look, a gentle touch, and a quiet please.  She’d chosen well and the blood of her hunters was proof enough.

Circe left with Acheron and his mercenary pals, the Red Dogs, and never looked back.  She was eager to prove herself, learned quickly how to defend herself, and took to killing like a duck to water.  It was easy enough.  All she had to do was simply imagine the person she was killing had killed her ma and pa.  Over time she figured out how to use her Siren abilities and began to enjoy the friendships she had forged with Acheron and the other Red Dogs.  That, of course, ended.  Two men, she thought she could trust, accosted her while she was sleeping.  One had slipped a bag over her head while the other tried to pin her to her bunk.  A phaselock suspended one and allowed her to move, find her gun and shoot the other.  She almost unloaded on Acheron when he came to rescue her, covered in blood like he always was, as if bullets would’ve stopped him if he’d been against her.  It always amazed her what a simple touch and word had done.

The two rid themselves of the garbage.  Then Circe, having heard rumors of Pandora and Eridium her entire life, convinced Acheron to take them to the Vault planet.

Sexual Interest/Boundaries: She has a thing for people who are loyal, strong, and make her feel safe.  Despite having interest in Acheron, he still sees her as a little girl and that doesn’t really do it for him.  Sex isn’t something Circe seeks, though a bit of warm companionship on a cold night isn’t something she’ll turn down, unless the person is ugly, or mean, or has tried to kill her in the past 48 hours. 

ManyMindsManyVoices

Pentagious666

Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

ShanaTheIV

*Raises hand*

Any room for another vault huntress? Perhaps another siren?

Edit: Never mind about the siren part. I'd feel better being more creative.

ManyMindsManyVoices

"We have room for another Vault Hunter of any gender, but currently not a siren, so no worries about the creativity thing. You'll have to be creative!"

ShanaTheIV

I might dish out another character later during the day since it's quite late here. As usual, I'll use an anime/manga style for the picture if that's okay...

Asok

Pardon my asking, but would I be alright to join in on this fun time?

As for a role, I'd preferably like to be a Vault Hunter based on a class of my own creation (one I call "Butler of the Battlefield"), but if there are too many Hunters, I can find a comfortable spot as another role.

ManyMindsManyVoices

Quote from: ShanaTheIV on November 03, 2012, 01:50:29 AM
I might dish out another character later during the day since it's quite late here. As usual, I'll use an anime/manga style for the picture if that's okay...

"That's cool."

Quote from: Asok on November 03, 2012, 01:56:58 AM
Pardon my asking, but would I be alright to join in on this fun time?

As for a role, I'd preferably like to be a Vault Hunter based on a class of my own creation (one I call "Butler of the Battlefield"), but if there are too many Hunters, I can find a comfortable spot as another role.

"Sure, we're not closed to recruitment. We could use an interesting Doctor, I have no idea what to think about 'Butler of the Battlefield'."