Steam and Sorcery (steampunk, Still recruiting!)

Started by IrishWolf, October 25, 2014, 03:13:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IrishWolf

Excellent, welcome aboard Matthaus Lawson. Hopefully we'll get a few other characters and we can kick this off by the end of the weekend.

Apple of Eris

Will this work?

Name: Lomasi
Race: Elvanti
Magic: Communing with Animals (has a sometimes fox familiar)
Organization: Sulenia Native Contingent - Scout
Appearance: Short for an Elvanti at barely five and a half feet tall, though her ears add another six inches to her height. She is slight of frame though her body is well toned and she is in obvious excellent physical condition. Jet black hair tops her head and is usually kept in a braid or tail so as not to interfere with her movements. She dresses in furs and leathers which she has either made herself or traded for.
Gear: Lomasi carries a single shot Whitworth Rifle, several hunting knifes and simple revolver she was given as a gift, and a typical spear used by the warriors of her people. She also carries a light pack with basic essentials for survival on her own.
Bio: Lomasi was born after her people had been pushed away from the coast. Despite the best efforts of her family, Lomasi's independent spirit couldn't be quenched and she often roamed the areas around her family's village. In her adventures she eventually discovered a talent for communicating with animals. She could talk to them, ask simple questions, and somehow just by looking at them she could interpret their answers. When she reveled this to her father she was punished severely and told never to speak of such things, and banned from the forests.

For a short time Lomasi obeyed, but she had no interest in the life of a farmer. She envied the women of Eiwon and the few Elvanti women who lived amongst them for their freedom. She took to spying on the colonies, and one day encountered a human woman in the forest. The human had accidentally disturbed a mother bear who had her cubs nearby and saw the woman as a threat. Lomasi intervened and calmed the bear. The human and Lomasi became friends, and the young Elvanti started spending more time around the colonies. There Lomasi learned the workings of firearms and more about Humans and their culture. Finally, her friend decided to return to Eiwon, and gifted Lomasi with a simple revolver (which she carries still), as a token of friendship.

Things finally came to a head with her family when an Izula raiding party attacked their village. The warriors were overmatched, and a rather large and intimidating looking Izula smashed through the door of her family's home, nearly killing her father. Lomasi retrieved her gun and shot the raider dead, then killed two more for good measure. After the attack ended her parents demanded she dispose of the weapon. When she argued and refused they told her the choice was to conform to the ways of their people or leave. At 16, Lomasi left her family and people behind.

She spent the next few years living between the worlds of her people and the humans, becoming an expert in woodscraft and honing her skill with animals. She even adopted a young kit (fox) she named Kuzhi who sometimes travels with her. As she became a common sight amongst the colonials, and after she helped the human settlements with warnings of raids, helping recover lost animals, and on one occasion a lost child, she was invited to join the Sulenia Native Contingent which she accepted, with the caveat that she would remain a mostly independent operator.
Sexual Preferences: Bisexual
Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

IrishWolf

Lomasi looks very interesting but there are a few details to address.

Her magic isn't really within what I described for this world but I'm going to let it stay, as say a mutation of a Knack's magic, brought on by a mixing of native Elvanti magics and Eiwon magics in the area of her birth.

Could you describe the leathers and furs she's wearing and why she's wearing those instead of the cotton trousers of her people?

Lastly, I'm going for more of a fantasy Africa feel for the game, so a bear doesn't quite fit for the setting. However, I do know there is a Cryptid in Africa called a Nandi bear or Ngoloko, which is suppose to be this powerful beast with really big, tall front shoulders and a slopping back, kinda like a hyena. I would have no problem with something like that.

Apple of Eris

I'll make the tweaks :)

And I figured she wears the furs and such because she's something of an outcast. She's aligned with the humans, but isn't really a part of their society or her own people's, though she probably would spend more of her time amongst humans now than with the Elvanti. Furs and leathers she'd have more access to than cotton since she lives on the fringes, but I can change it to the cotton clothes and just assume she trades for them in the human areas.
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

IrishWolf

Alright, how about this, she wears a mix of the traditional cotton trousers and a shirt or vest type arrangement of leather and furs, both because she finds that humans are either more comfortable talking to her when fully dressed and because those that would talk to her without something covering her chest, now look her in the eyes, rather to staring at her breasts.

Apple of Eris

lol, that would work just fine. Here's the edits. Sorry about the magic confusion, but thanks for taking it anyway. I blame being drunk on halloween chocolates.

Name: Lomasi
Race: Elvanti
Magic: Communing with Animals (has a sometimes fox familiar)
Organization: Sulenia Native Contingent - Scout
Appearance: Short for an Elvanti at barely five and a half feet tall, though her ears add another six inches to her height. She is slight of frame though her body is well toned and she is in obvious excellent physical condition. Jet black hair tops her head and is usually kept in a braid or tail so as not to interfere with her movements. She dresses in cottons trousers and a mixtures of leathers and furs which she has either made herself or traded for.
Gear: Lomasi carries a single shot Whitworth Rifle, several hunting knifes and simple revolver she was given as a gift, and a typical spear used by the warriors of her people. She also carries a light pack with basic essentials for survival on her own.
Bio: Lomasi was born after her people had been pushed away from the coast. Despite the best efforts of her family, Lomasi's independent spirit couldn't be quenched and she often roamed the areas around her family's village. In her adventures she eventually discovered a talent for communicating with animals. She could talk to them, ask simple questions, and somehow just by looking at them she could interpret their answers. When she reveled this to her father she was punished severely and told never to speak of such things, and banned from the forests.

For a short time Lomasi obeyed, but she had no interest in the life of a farmer. She envied the women of Eiwon and the few Elvanti women who lived amongst them for their freedom. She took to spying on the colonies, and one day encountered a human woman in the forest. The human had accidentally disturbed a mother Ngoloko who had her cubs nearby and saw the woman as a threat. Lomasi intervened and calmed the Ngoloko. The human and Lomasi became friends, and the young Elvanti started spending more time around the colonies. There Lomasi learned the workings of firearms and more about Humans and their culture. Finally, her friend decided to return to Eiwon, and gifted Lomasi with a simple revolver (which she carries still), as a token of friendship.

Things finally came to a head with her family when an Izula raiding party attacked their village. The warriors were overmatched, and a rather large and intimidating looking Izula smashed through the door of her family's home, nearly killing her father. Lomasi retrieved her gun and shot the raider dead, then killed two more for good measure. After the attack ended her parents demanded she dispose of the weapon. When she argued and refused they told her the choice was to conform to the ways of their people or leave. At 16, Lomasi left her family and people behind.

She spent the next few years living between the worlds of her people and the humans, becoming an expert in woodscraft and honing her skill with animals. She even adopted a young kit (fox) she named Kuzhi who sometimes travels with her. As she became a common sight amongst the colonials, and after she helped the human settlements with warnings of raids, helping recover lost animals, and on one occasion a lost child, she was invited to join the Sulenia Native Contingent which she accepted, with the caveat that she would remain a mostly independent operator.
Sexual Preferences: Bisexual

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

IrishWolf

Thank you very much my dear, Lomasi is approved.

Kathadon

Well that makes three.

Apple welcome aboard.
My ON'S and OFF'S:

I'll do whatever pleases but I'll bleed 'em in the end.

My BDSM test results.

Apple of Eris

I'm excited! Be nice to have a couple more though, just for variety's sake :)

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

IrishWolf

Agreed, I have had a few others pledge characters, so hopefully we'll see them soon. In the mean time, I will begin work on the IC, which might get a few more.

IrishWolf

Alright, almost done with the IC, should have it tonight. Any suggestions for that forum it should go in?

Apple of Eris

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

IrishWolf

All right, we have an OOC and an IC

I am still accepting character and I hope we'll have a few more join us!