Early Skyrim DLC Rumors

Started by klamity, April 27, 2012, 08:14:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klamity

So, from the video above, it seems that buried within the latest Skyrim PC patch there are notes pointing towards "Snow Elves" and the "Snow Elf Prince." This could mean the up coming DLC will be about the Falmer, AKA the Snow Elves who were enslaved by the Dwemer (Dwarves) so long ago.

My thoughts are we're going to be hearing an announcement about it at the upcoming E3, with probably a release date for Xbox 360 set for June. Which means that with microsofts exclusive 30 day bullsh*t, PC and PS3 users wont be seeing the DLC till July. That's just me speculating :)

What are you hoping to see in the first piece of Skyrim DLC?

Samael

The Falmer tunnels and ruins were some of my favourite parts of Skyrim, since they really managed to show how much that race degenerated and changed from its glorious days of yore. I also enjoyed learning more of the Dwemer lore along with it, and what kind of bastards they were.
I hope this'll be something bigger, more akin to an addon than just DLC. Looking forward to hours being lost in it.
On & Offs | My Games | Apologies & Absences | Tumblr
Et comme des fleurs de glace, on grandit dans la nuit
La lumière nous efface, dans la noirceur on vit
Comme des fleurs de glace, on rêve et on reste unis
Des fleurs au cœur de l'insomnie

"Eisblume - Fleurs De Glace"

klamity

Well, as Bethesda have stated prior, they are not releasing DLC so much as expansions. This will be a sizable chunk of DLC. One of my favourite regions in the game was Blackreach, and i really wish they'd expand on it :D

Shjade

Vampires again? :|

Nice that they'll be fleshing out the Dawnguard though. That is what those zealots in the mountains called themselves, right? The ones who seemed sorta unfinished?
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

LadySyn

What do you mean, again? Vampires are rarely touched upon in the Elder Scrolls Universe. Though I never thought they could transform like that...strange.

Looks pretty cool though. My homicidal Breton thief-girl will fit right in with those Vampires.

SinXAzgard21

Guess I'll be dusting off a spot in my comp for Skyrim when Dawnguard releases.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Shjade

Quote from: LadySyn on May 31, 2012, 06:18:19 PM
What do you mean, again? Vampires are rarely touched upon in the Elder Scrolls Universe.

Ehh...considering the way they're treated overlaps so much I was probably combining vampires and werewolves in my head. Just seems like those two are the go-to "there's more to this world than just quests!" additions.
◕/◕'s

klamity

Well, this is what I can see so far.

Crossbows
New vampire forms
Mounted Combat (if you haven't tried it already on the PC beta patch)
New zones, factions, enemies
New weapons, armour, spells(?)
More 'events' (see the dragon diving beneath the ice)
A return trip to Sovengarde or somewhere similar via a portal
New tilesets (for modders)

Story Tale

Mounted combat? Does this mean there will be armour for our horses now? When do I get a unicorn? ::)

klamity

No clue about armour, and if you have a PC you can get mods for both :P

So far, from what I've seen and tested, only melee weapons work on horses, and the respective left and right hand actions swing either left, or right of the horse. Sorry, no duel wielding or mage-calvary from what I see ):

Story Tale

Boo I play on my xbox. Boo about no mounted mage combat as well. How awesome would a destro mage be on an armoured horse?

Although, you probably still can't take them into dungeons, I'm assuming. If you could I am firing Lydia stat. My horse never complains about carrying my burdens.

Shjade

The dragon diving into the ice lake was probably the most interesting part of the video to me. Dragon battles were so...monotonous. Giving them more tactical options would do a lot to make the combat less dull (in theory anyway).

As for mounted combat: mounted mages would be way too hard to kill. High mobility coupled with long-range nuking? The AI would never be able to keep up.
◕/◕'s

Wolfy

Quote from: najlah on June 01, 2012, 02:58:26 PM
Boo I play on my xbox. Boo about no mounted mage combat as well. How awesome would a destro mage be on an armoured horse?

Although, you probably still can't take them into dungeons, I'm assuming. If you could I am firing Lydia stat. My horse never complains about carrying my burdens.

my Lydia was killed when a dragon ate her. T_T

I wish I had someone to complain about my burdens....

klamity

I never use followers. Iunno why. One less thing to worry about.

Also, for PC users, get Bandoleer. Seriously. 600 carrying capacity without any perks or Steed Stone.

Shjade

Or you could just not obsessively pick up every item you run across. >.>

I never liked using followers because they screwed things up too often. They got in the way and/or ruined my stealth efforts far too often for their few moments of usefulness to compensate.
◕/◕'s

Chris Brady

Quote from: Shjade on June 02, 2012, 05:13:32 PM
Or you could just not obsessively pick up every item you run across. >.>

Us warrior types get screwed with our armour weights, especially given that everyone, no matter race or gender starts off with a 300 carrying capacity.  And if you're melee?  Well, you need points in Health as well as Stamina.  So Bandoleer is a freakin' Godsend, especially at daedric armour weights.

Yes, I know, invest in Heavy Armour.  My Orc Who Would King, is now level 33, and only has 67 in it, not enough to get Conditioning.  And that's me in their faces constantly, too.  I have a perk unused, for that simple reason.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Chris Brady on June 02, 2012, 06:59:24 PM
Us warrior types get screwed with our armour weights, especially given that everyone, no matter race or gender starts off with a 300 carrying capacity.  And if you're melee?  Well, you need points in Health as well as Stamina.  So Bandoleer is a freakin' Godsend, especially at daedric armour weights.

Yes, I know, invest in Heavy Armour.  My Orc Who Would King, is now level 33, and only has 67 in it, not enough to get Conditioning.  And that's me in their faces constantly, too.  I have a perk unused, for that simple reason.

If you got enough health (and magic) let a mud crab womp on you a while.

Chris Brady

What's really funny?  Mud crabs STILL hurt at 300+HP, but I Block?  They don't do much damage, like less than 10 per hit.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

klamity

Heres what I did. Summon skeleton, wail on it, let it beat me until it dies. Simple.

At least it wasn't like the last boss I just faced in Diablo. Teleport and one shot. Whoopee.

Chris Brady

Klam, pure warrior, cannot cast magic.  XD

klamity

Is that a self imposed restriction? xD

Chris Brady

Quote from: klamity on June 03, 2012, 11:15:25 AM
Is that a self imposed restriction? xD
Yes.  But it's also the only way to play as you CANNOT to longer put points in everything, you have to focus on what you want.

Shjade

Quote from: Chris Brady on June 02, 2012, 08:49:34 PM
What's really funny?  Mud crabs STILL hurt at 300+HP, but I Block?  They don't do much damage, like less than 10 per hit.

You also don't get any Heavy Armor experience if you block, only Block experience.

So stop blocking.
◕/◕'s

Damian Silvermane

Just saw the trailer for the DLC and I'm quite impressed, glad Bethesda still lets you choose between either side like you could in the civil war. I'll be dusting off my mage breton and get him ready to tear apart the new enemy.  >:)