News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

SD Cards

Started by Paradox, September 10, 2009, 08:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paradox

(As much as I hate posting non-Elliquiy-related problems on this board, I know of nowhere else to ask this.)

I just have a quick question-- my new phone (the Nokia Intrigue) has SD-card capability. I have an SD card for my digital camera. Would that be compatible with my phone?

Y'all know I'm no good with all these newfangled cell phone machines, so I didn't want to try force the card in their there in case it's too big for the port (as I suspect is the case, since it specifies "microSD", which sounds different than regular ol' fashion SD)

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

OldSchoolGamer

Ah yes, the micro/mini/actual SD issue.

Most of the micros and minis come with adapters that permit them to fit into larger slots.  If yours doesn't, what you may need to do is purchase the correct SD card for your new device, and then look into alternate methods to transfer the data from the old card to the new.

Oniya

If they are the same size, they are compatible.  My husband used to work for a camera store that also did cell phones.  Now, he also mentioned that there are two different sizes of SD card, so you may still have that issue, but if it slides in easily, the data should be readable.

The Wikipedia article has a nice size reference for the micro.  The mini is larger, and the original is larger still.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

All SD cards are compatible - as long as you're going from smaller to larger with the adapters. Obviously, you can't get a larger one into a smaller one, even with lots of lube.

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Moon and Star

Quote from: Karma on September 10, 2009, 08:33:12 PM
All SD cards are compatible - as long as you're going from smaller to larger with the adapters. Obviously, you can't get a larger one into a smaller one, even with lots of lube.

That's what she said? >:)

Paradox

Mk. That answers my question; thanks y'all.

Here's a new one. I just tried to sign out, and the system told me--

An Error Has Occurred!
Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again.

How am I supposed to log out before I log out!? It must come with the territory of having a username like Paradox  :P

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Sup, dawg, I heard you like logging out...

Marguerite

Try clearing out your cookies, it did that to me on IE and when I switched to Firefox it was fine.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Paradox

Quote from: Karma on September 11, 2009, 12:09:39 AM
Sup, dawg, I heard you like logging out...

I had a feeling you'd bring that up  *smirk*

Quote from: Marguerite on September 11, 2009, 12:13:07 AM
Try clearing out your cookies, it did that to me on IE and when I switched to Firefox it was fine.

I am using firefox. It still happens every once in a while, but it's no big deal.

Marguerite

I still cannot believe it took me a few years on IE to finally switch over to Firefox. I plan to reward my sister with something for pushing me to get it.

Trieste

Quote from: Paradox on September 10, 2009, 08:01:35 PM
Y'all know I'm no good with all these newfangled cell phone machines, so I didn't want to try force the card in their in case it's

:o :o :o

Paradox

but..I...but..but..

I have brought dishonor upon myself and my family.

*hangs his head in shame, rigs up a noose, and hangs himself*

Marguerite

-Wants the body after Ket is done with him-

Ket

Ungh.  Now I have to find a new pocket to live in!  -grumbles and starts packing boxes-
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Paradox

Silly Ket; I'm a distant descendant of Jesus, so don't worry-- give me another day or two, and I'll rise again, good as new.

Marguerite

Quote from: Paradox on September 12, 2009, 09:46:13 AM
Silly Ket; I'm a distant descendant of Jesus, so don't worry-- give me another day or two, and I'll rise again, good as new.

You always seem to rise for any occasion.

-Smiles sweetly-