A New Saga (Star Wars group play)

Started by Jayna, April 05, 2014, 05:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Batman4560

Oh crap. I totally forgot about that. Ill change that. :D

Florence

Huh, Galaxy at War actually has rules for the Taung race (the originators of the Mandalorian culture), interesting.

I think they're still pretty rare even during the Old Republic, aren't they? Nealla will just be a human.

Also, she's going to be have the Soldier Class, not Scout or anything. She's an oldschool Mandalorian :D
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Teo Torriatte

BlackBox

Updated my first post, hopefully not too late?

Jayna

Quote from: BlackBox on April 06, 2014, 07:47:37 AM
Updated my first post, hopefully not too late?

Absolutely not black box. I already added you in.

I would like everyone to know I am gonna be splitting this into two games. Especially if we get more interest it will just be easier on me to have two instead of one game with ten people. So  I am still taking interest

Florence

Well, if you're splitting the game, my character and SGTDan's pretty much have to go in the same one since they're married xD
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Flying Tengu

I am keeping a close eye on this, since I like:

a)  Star Wars in general
b)  SWSE, specifically

Jayna

Well feel free to come on in! I am trying to get everyone's character ideas up and rolling so we can get both games going.

Deamonbane

Hullo. Just a few questions before I express full interest: Would this be a system based game (I.e. Dice, turns, etc)? Also, are we open to more exotic and sometimes thought of as extinct species for characters?
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Jayna

Quote from: Deamonbane on April 06, 2014, 03:29:03 PM
Hullo. Just a few questions before I express full interest: Would this be a system based game (I.e. Dice, turns, etc)? Also, are we open to more exotic and sometimes thought of as extinct species for characters?

Yes, as stated in the opening post this will be a Star Wars Sagas game and it would depend on the race

Florence

They're not extinct, but can I make a request for no Chiss xD

I hate how they're in the Old Republic, they're not supposed to have contact with the rest of the Galaxy for a loooong time xD

Jayna

I will allow Chiss.  I'm not gonna be too restrictive on races.

Florence

Quote from: Jayna on April 06, 2014, 04:16:37 PM
I will allow Chiss.  I'm not gonna be too restrictive on races.

Alright, not a deal breaker for me, I'm still excited :D

Jayna

Game 1 is closed. Game 2 is still open.

Batman4560

I only have the core book and the old republic book, is that o.k.?

Jayna

that should be fine ask muse or myself if you need help

Pretty in Pink

If it's not too late...

Name (Or what you would like me to call you : ) ) Aliya is my OOC name, and that works.
What you would like to play: Since you're running Old Republic just prior to the Jedi Civil War, I'd like to play a Jedi with a slightly darker bent (maybe one of the alternate traditions if you're okay with the Jensaarai) that will (in the long run if she survives) join up with Revan and Malik when they turn (provided I've got my timeline right...  I may not.)
Kink preference: I'm good with pretty much anything, aside from Vore, Scat, and Watersports.  Non-con is a HUGE yes for me.
[FLOATLEFT][/FLOATLEFT]O.O ~{=}~ Ideas ~{=}~ A&A[FLOATRIGHT][/FLOATRIGHT]

I've taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RP

SheerFantasia

Hi guys.  I'm interested enough to make a pitch if there's still room in the game.  The character concept I have is as follows:

Name: Obrin-Kel
Taken into the care of an exiled Jedi at a young age, Obrin-Kel is (human) Mandalorian trained in Jedi traditions.  Despite growing with a Jedi tutor, he has a deep and profound connection to the Mandalorian culture of aggression, which his tutor has not really understood just how deep (without being subject to 'stress testing' Obrin-Kel seems to be a model Jedi in every way, save perhaps appearance, and his tutor never really put him to the test).

That's at least it in a nutshell, with further development in a bit if there's space in the game.

Florence

I'm curious how the training took place and whatnot. How did he wind up taken into the care of a Jedi, if he was raised by a Jedi, when and how did he learn the ways of the Mandalorians? In addition, given the placement in the timeline, what involvement, if any, did he have in the Mandalorian Wars?

I'm not the GM or anything, but I'm playing a Mandalorian character as well, so I'm curious how you're planning on playing this character.

SheerFantasia

Thanks for asking Florence.  After the war with the Mandalorians I recall there would be no small amount of Jedi questioning their faith (like Jolee Bindo) who went into self imposed exile.  I'm figuring one such ex-jedi found the orphan of the parents he killed during the war, and taking pity, brought him back with him/her to raise (perhaps as way of atoning).  But whatever the case, the child is already far past the age that jedi usually take children in (maybe 14 years of age, depends on when exactly the story starts) so he's had sufficient time to pick up Mandalorian ways.  At least that what I had in mind for now.

Florence

Unfortunately I don't think that can actually fit in the timeline... I might be wrong, but if you can then it would likely be squeezing it pretty close.

The game takes place between the Mandalorian Wars and the Jedi Civil War; which is a two-year period.

We'd need GM confirmation on just when it takes place, but the point is that there could only have been perhaps a year or so tops since the Mandalorian Wars ended.

The concept is pretty neat, though. And again, not a GM, just trying to be helpful :D

SheerFantasia

@ Florence: No need for concern :-) I appreciate any input you might for a more accurate character (especially since I came up with everything rather quickly)!  If it's been only two years (now that I think about it, it may have been only one year), I could bump up the age (adopted 17?, start the game at 18) and start him out with only a single level of Jedi.  Even at such an advanced age, I figure, as a Mandalorian, he'd be eager to see what it was about the jedi that gave them victory over his people in whom he believed were the best warriors in the galaxy.  But I'll see what the GM would prefer and revise the character accordingly if it's just not feasible.

Jayna

I'll speak with you over Private message Sheer, we can make it work.

Anyone else interested in joining please send me any ideas over PM rather than posting them here.