Game of Thrones: Ascension - Freeform, Sandbox GoT Group - Open to All

Started by GnothiSeauton, May 21, 2017, 12:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luciferia

Quote from: Endwell on August 07, 2018, 10:36:09 PM
Join usssssssss but don't drink Luci's Kool aid.....

*stuffs End into a locker*

Nothing to see here!
If you meet god, tell him to leave me alone

WaitingCynicism

sweets

Join the real winners.

Go Ironborn

;D

GnothiSeauton

If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Aiden

Flower

sweets

Since Tytos (Amelita) is going to be Warden of the West we are fully covered.

The small council has some holes.

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: sweets on August 08, 2018, 09:37:09 AM
Since Tytos (Amelita) is going to be Warden of the West we are fully covered.

The small council has some holes.

The Small Council could definitely use some love.

We need a...
Master/Madam of Laws (I believe, unless I'm mistaken)
Lord/Lady Commander of the Kingsguard (Or any member of the Kingsguard for that matter)
A Master/Madam of Whispers (If you're interested in this, please PM me first to discuss your concept)

In terms of major houses, they're all pretty much covered.  We have Stark, Baratheon, Greyjoy, Martell, Arryn, Tully, and Tarly.  Tyrell is pretty much extinct, I believe due to in-character things.  The Vale is very much under represented, which could definitely use some love, with it being one of the more prosperous regions around with lots of juicy plot stuff possible.

You can always make up your own house too, as long as it fits with stuff, but that's easily fixed since everyone's around to help.

If anyone is interested in joining, I'd strongly advise staying away from commoners, unless you have a strong connection to a noble house.  Everyone, with the exception of a few, are doing nobility, and thus it can be a little difficult getting those social circles together if you're doing someone who wouldn't necessarily be around them.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

GnothiSeauton

Also...

It's been stated before, but just wanted to say, everyone is amazing here in this group.

Like, seriously amazing. 

I know I'm not around much with work and real life kicking my ass, but everyone here has really helped to keep this thing going and are always there with answers to questions and plots.  They're great at helping people getting started and getting caught up on all of the things that have taken place, and make it so easy getting involved and going.  A GM couldn't ask for a better group of writers and people here.  Honestly feel lucky to be a part of this group of awesome and amazing people.

So if you're on the fence about joining, worried about trying to get caught up, throw your concerns out the window, and get in here!

Anyone is welcome to post in the OOC and ask questions there too if you're unsure of a concept.

Seeking New Stories

Amelita

On the commoner side, three current characters have ties to the Ghost Hounds (merc army), who have been hired by Tully and have plots further on with potential Vale business. So... there is that :)

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Flower

Devilyn Sydhe

I just wanted to compliment your group on not only being a group of great writers but great plotters too.  This is one of the only ooc that I lurk in from time to time and it always looks fun and energized, makes me wish I had even a passable knowledge of GoT and its workings.  Anyway I wanted to send a little praise to one and all for one of my fav tv shows on E. :-)

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: KalebHyde on August 11, 2018, 12:13:03 PM
I just wanted to compliment your group on not only being a group of great writers but great plotters too.  This is one of the only ooc that I lurk in from time to time and it always looks fun and energized, makes me wish I had even a passable knowledge of GoT and its workings.  Anyway I wanted to send a little praise to one and all for one of my fav tv shows on E. :-)

A big retweet to all of this.  The group we have right now is pretty badass, and we're always welcoming more.

But don't let a lack of knowledge about the source material stop you, Kaleb.  We're definitely always happy to help people get involved and in the swing of things with the group, the lore, and what's all going on.  Even I have to check the wiki every now and then, haha

Seeking New Stories

sweets

100% what Gnothi said.

Everyone is real friendly and helpful. If you have any interest do not be intimidated. I have had some issues with a few group games in the past where it was like a cliche or favorites were clearly plade plot wise and that has never been the case here. This game is great. I can not say that enough.

GnothiSeauton

Just as a general reminder/disclaimer...

If you're planning to do a member of the Small Council or the Kingsguard, or something to that extent, you're going to have to show reason, through your character's biography, as to why they were selected to fill that role. 

Seeking New Stories

azzmeister89

Luciferia

Yes, we are accepting new characters. Feel free to come in and poke around! We're a pretty helpful and friendly bunch. <3
If you meet god, tell him to leave me alone

Flower

azzmeister89

Sounds good, I just took a look at the active characters and thought it would be fun to make a character who has revived the legend of "the knight of the laughing tree" he'll most likely be a Northern bastard but I don't know which house just yet.

Unless any of you northern nobles want a younger brother that is

Flower

Just be careful when looking at the active character list. There are a few in there that are currently inactive. (^^) So something you might think is full might not be the case.

azzmeister89

azzmeister89

azzmeister89

azzmeister89

Alright I just pm'ed my character sheet to Gnothi for approval, looki g forwards to playing alongside you all.