Interest Check-My Next Door Neighbor is Really an Alien!

Started by Craz, February 11, 2010, 03:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craz

So, after watching a little too much of the new V and various sci-fi drafts for friends, I've been getting a hankering to do some writing about alien invasions.

The premise is simple. It's the modern day, and the Earth is being watched, prepared for invasion. However, the aliens want access to Earth's society. After all, why waste millions of lives subjugating a planet when you can subvert them, get into their society, and take it over from the ground up?

To this goal,they create hybrids, aliens with human genes locked into them. They appear and look human, though they would be master spies and warriors. Each one of them has a target, a specific person. Each one is in a position of some importance(law enforcement, government, utilities). The goal of the hybrids is to seduce their targets, basically get them to trust them completely and wholely.

I can see this going several ways. Either the aliens invade, and they successfully conquer the human race, or, possibly the more interesting option, the hybrids' human genes start to come out, and they go rogue, working against the invasion.

I can see at least eight people for this, both four “hybrids” and four “targets”. Both hybrids and their targets could be of either gender, but each one would be genetically programmed for only one target, one person who they would respond to, so we would be pairing up people.  Depending on how many people we get who are interested, we could increase or decrease the number of pairs.

Hybrids:

Targets: