Fun for all, Doctor Who Game and Con-artist games

Started by Villain, February 25, 2014, 01:04:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Villain

Hello there! I'm looking for people to play in these games. If you're unapproved or approved it doesn't matter to me. All are welcome!

Trouble Makers
She's a con-artist. He's a magician. Together they're trouble.

Tobias Grimm is a young magician with nothing but a bag of tricks and a life time of unpleasant memories. No agency will take him and no stage will let him perform. The only outlet he has for his talents are the streets and the small gigs he gets in bars and hotels.
Any hope of making money from his career seems hopeless. Until one day he is approached by a woman. A beautiful seductive creature who promises to make all of his dreams come true if he helps her.
He knows it's too good to be true. The woman is clearly lying and obviously makes a living off manipulating others, but he just can't say no.
Soon a partnership is formed between them. A complicated relationship that revolves around theft and lies. And when they want your money, you better believe they'll get it.

Doctor Who: Lost Memories
Mad? I'm not mad. I'm about to save the world in my dressing gown with no shoes on. If anybody's mad it's you for following the strange bloke in the blue box with cold feet.

Strange things have been happening at Saint Mary's Hospital, even if no one wants to admit it. The lights flicker on and off randomly, strange clunking sounds are sometimes heard in the dead of night and the bodies of patients disappear from the morgue. It's spooky stuff, but no one seems to be doing very much about it.
Things get stranger still when an odd man in a dressing gown admits himself to the hospital under the name 'John Smith' and starts roaming the halls of the hospital waving a strange metal whirring device that he claims is a sort of screwdriver.
The weirdo is The Doctor, the last of an alien race known as the Time Lords, and he's here with a new face and a head full of jumbled memories, but he's not going to let a few small things like amnesia stop him from saving everyone from horrifying monsters.
But it couldn't hurt to have an assistant by his side to stop him from doing something extraordinarily silly.

For trouble makers I'm looking for someone to play the female con-artist and for the Doctor Who post I'm looking for someone to play his new assistant, who can be male or female and of course there can be more than one. So if anyone wants to play let me know and if you've got questions then feel free to ask.

I look forward to hearing from you. :)

JayNighte

I wouldn't mind signing up for the Doctor Who RP. It sounds like a lot of fun.

JayNighte

Roni

I am interested in either! Or both!

Trouble Makers intrigues me, and I have admittedly never roleplayed anything like it before.

I am a huge Doctor Who fan!

If you still need someone, let me know! Thanks!

Villain

Quote from: Roni on May 21, 2014, 04:50:59 PM
I am interested in either! Or both!

Trouble Makers intrigues me, and I have admittedly never roleplayed anything like it before.

I am a huge Doctor Who fan!

If you still need someone, let me know! Thanks!

Hello Roni,

If you're still interested I would be happy to start up both games. Always up for doing a Doctor Who and Trouble Makers posts. Do you have any questions before we start?

Quote from: JayNighte on April 03, 2014, 11:26:36 PM
Were you still interested?

Apology's to Jaynite for not responding. Haven't checked this post in a while. If you're still interested in a game at some point do give me a message :)

Roni

Hi Villain. :-)

For Trouble Makers, I was wondering what kind of female con-artist you're looking for. Generally manipulative minx who uses people to get ahead? Are you thinking white collar crime for the most part? Or can you get down and dirty with a thief?

For Doctor Who, I'm assuming the Doctor just regenerated, hence the mixed up memories? And you need a new Companion from the hospital. Any preference on patient, nurse, doctor, etc? I was thinking it might be interesting to have it be a patient, especially since Martha was a doctor. She was admittedly my least favorite Companion. <.<

Villain

Quote from: Roni on May 24, 2014, 11:49:06 AM
Hi Villain. :-)

For Trouble Makers, I was wondering what kind of female con-artist you're looking for. Generally manipulative minx who uses people to get ahead? Are you thinking white collar crime for the most part? Or can you get down and dirty with a thief?

Well, I think you have hit the nail on the head for the type of Con Artist I'm looking for :) I like the idea of a silver tongued conartist who my character cannot completely trust and as a result sometimes my character will question whether the conartist truly cares for him or whether she is just using him for his talent.

As for the type of crimes they commit I think it will vary as the story progresses. For story telling purposes I'm thinking that they take on clients who bring them their requests that demand something beyond the norm. The first cons they would start off with would be small, but gradually they would work their way up.

How does that sound to you?

Quote from: Roni on May 24, 2014, 11:49:06 AM
For Doctor Who, I'm assuming the Doctor just regenerated, hence the mixed up memories? And you need a new Companion from the hospital. Any preference on patient, nurse, doctor, etc? I was thinking it might be interesting to have it be a patient, especially since Martha was a doctor. She was admittedly my least favorite Companion. <.<

And that's pretty much the gist, however, would you object at all if I changed the hospital setting? Since putting the post up I have played the Doctor Who Lost Memories game that began in the hospital setting and I think it might be nice to start in a different location if you don't mind?

Roni

Quote from: Villain on May 24, 2014, 12:23:58 PM
Well, I think you have hit the nail on the head for the type of Con Artist I'm looking for :) I like the idea of a silver tongued conartist who my character cannot completely trust and as a result sometimes my character will question whether the conartist truly cares for him or whether she is just using him for his talent.

As for the type of crimes they commit I think it will vary as the story progresses. For story telling purposes I'm thinking that they take on clients who bring them their requests that demand something beyond the norm. The first cons they would start off with would be small, but gradually they would work their way up.

How does that sound to you?

That sounds good. I just have to get my head around the manipulation part. I'm not generally a manipulative person, but I'd like to try my hand at writing one. I'm automatically thinking of a ginger. <.<

Quote from: Villain on May 24, 2014, 12:23:58 PM
And that's pretty much the gist, however, would you object at all if I changed the hospital setting? Since putting the post up I have played the Doctor Who Lost Memories game that began in the hospital setting and I think it might be nice to start in a different location if you don't mind?

I don't mind at all. What setting were you thinking of?

Villain

Quote from: Roni on May 24, 2014, 12:33:32 PM
That sounds good. I just have to get my head around the manipulation part. I'm not generally a manipulative person, but I'd like to try my hand at writing one. I'm automatically thinking of a ginger. <.<

Fantastic, all that's left now is to begin the post :) I've began a game here

If you have any questions or thoughts about the game just let me know :)

Quote from: Roni on May 24, 2014, 12:33:32 PM
I don't mind at all. What setting were you thinking of?

Well, I have a couple of ideas. So how about you tell me what type of character you imagine yourself playing and I'll create something from that? Sound good? :)

Roni

Quote from: Villain on May 24, 2014, 02:51:06 PM
Fantastic, all that's left now is to begin the post :) I've began a game here

If you have any questions or thoughts about the game just let me know :)

Okay. I'll check it out and let you know. :-)

Quote from: Villain on May 24, 2014, 02:51:06 PMWell, I have a couple of ideas. So how about you tell me what type of character you imagine yourself playing and I'll create something from that? Sound good? :)

Mmmm…I don't do entirely well when I have completely free reign. Could you give me a choice between things, and I'll tell you what I'd rather work with and what ideas I have?

*Gives pretty kitty pouty eyes.*

Villain

Quote from: Roni on May 24, 2014, 05:21:50 PM
Okay. I'll check it out and let you know. :-)

Mmmm…I don't do entirely well when I have completely free reign. Could you give me a choice between things, and I'll tell you what I'd rather work with and what ideas I have?

*Gives pretty kitty pouty eyes.*

No problem. Here's just a few ideas :D The question is, do you want to play an adventure set in the past, present or future?

Here's a few ideas,

Past
It's 1942 and the world is at war. On a bloody and muddy battlefield a strange man in strange clothes is brought in to see the field surgeons. He seems to have gone a bit crazy in all the chaos, for he claims he is from a different time and planet and has seen something wandering about the battlefield, killing friend and foe alike.

Present
A few folks have gotten together and started hosting a party in a field in the middle of nowhere. The party is lively and everyone is having a good time... that is, until the spaceships arrive and start abducting people. Soon members of the party find themselves aboard an alien vessel, awaiting a horrible fate, but all is not lost, for on this ship they share a cell with a strange man who insists he'll get them out of there in one piece.

Future
In the far future the grand unveiling of a hotel attracts press from all over the galaxy and beyond. The party is lively, the drinks are free and everyone is happy, especially the staff, for many of them doubted that the hotel would open at all, what with the strange accidents that continued to delay the opening. As the night goes on a strange man walks about the celebration, sampling the free food and scanning the surroundings with a strange blinking and whirring device. He starts telling people that they should really consider leaving, because something terrible is going to happen and the Hors d'oeuvre, contrary to what the hotel staff say, are not to die for.

If you would like me to tell you some more ideas just let me know :)

Roni

Quote from: Villain on May 24, 2014, 06:28:01 PM
Future
In the far future the grand unveiling of a hotel attracts press from all over the galaxy and beyond. The party is lively, the drinks are free and everyone is happy, especially the staff, for many of them doubted that the hotel would open at all, what with the strange accidents that continued to delay the opening. As the night goes on a strange man walks about the celebration, sampling the free food and scanning the surroundings with a strange blinking and whirring device. He starts telling people that they should really consider leaving, because something terrible is going to happen and the Hors d'oeuvre, contrary to what the hotel staff say, are not to die for.

I like this one. What if my character were a snarky chit on the waitstaff, handing out hors d'oeuvres and champagne? Perhaps she's the daughter of the hotel's events planner?

Villain

That sounds like a fantastic idea ;D I'll start up the game asap, unless there's anything else you want to cover?

Roni