News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Sex Magick - open to all

Started by Whowhatwhere, June 25, 2014, 09:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whowhatwhere

SEX MAGICK

Throughout history, rare individuals have received a gift of creative power, instinctively pulled from their very souls. It is powered by one of the most basic needs - sex, and the fulfillment it gives a person. This power makes humanity afraid. From the destruction of the Illuminati, to the witch burnings of the Inquisition, many authorities of the world have engaged their own private wars in order to maintain control. Sex magick practitioners know, from the very beginning, that the public cannot know of this knowledge. They practice in secret. Those that find similar practitioners are the lucky ones indeed. Those that find traps set by watchful eyes are not so lucky. Governments, scientists, moral agencies, even other magical sects - all would like to get their hands on sex magick practitioners for their own ends.

In Washington DC, this very day, those who practice Sex Magick are beset upon all sides. Some struggle from day to day to keep themselves hidden. Some find solace in one another. Some have succeeded so well as to grow debaucherous in their well-protected harems, orgies, and covens. Every day, it could all come crashing down, for who can keep secrets in this city?

Sex Magick will be a Group Roleplay, open to anyone of any orientation, and will continue to be open to new players after game start. It is a soft roleplay, with a very light system for magic, explained below; no dice rolls are needed. It will be in the Extreme section, just in case. In spite of the nature of the setting, the game can be plot-heavy, though avoiding the plot for the sake of sticking to smut is possible. The pace of the game plot will be like a game of cat and mouse - slow and detailed at first, but speeding up if events exacerbate the situation. The desired posting rate for players will be average - not too fast, not too slow. I will do my best to engage all players to make sure their characters are engaging in the story and the world, though the more help I have (for example, engaging with each other, heheh) helps immensely. I love self-starters!

Players can play three types of characters: a magician, a normal person, or a person who is a source of magickal, sexual energy called malachs (or angels). Whatever you choose to play, it will be within the underground society created by magicians, trying to create a social scene for themselves, far from prying eyes. Players who wish to make multiple characters might try making a character of each type, in order to populate the world with diversity.

The game will be plot driven. The characters can sandbox if the appropriate precautions are taken, but the threat of discovery or harm is ever present. The game will allow, and even encourage, taking a larger and larger measure of power and influence in the world as you grow more power and wise. NPCs, at least in allied organizations, are meant to be overshadowed, retired, or maybe even killed off. You can control NPCs directly under your jurisdiction - servants or unimportant family, for example. Death and PvP is possible, but as you will see from the magic system rules, it is harder to kill a magician than it is a normal human. You'll find that the magic system is very biased toward the defensive side, and will do very little to get in the way of the Oath of the Drake.

As the GM, I will drive plot and refrain from playing major PCs, though for the sake of completion, the heads of these organizations will be spelled out and will make appearances. I've run tabletop and live action games for years, so I've got some experience under my belt. You can hit me up on here or with a PM for character approval, spell approval, odd ideas, questions, or just about anything.

The game info thread can be found here. In it, you can find the rules, a spell list, and more.

The OOC thread can be found here. There you can find news, discussion about the game, and general off topic chat.

Send completed characters to me by PM for approval, though drafts can be posted here. Questions can be PMed to me, posted here, or posted on the OOC thread.
The O's and the A's --- AFK every weekend

RubySlippers

Okay, question since this looks wickedly fun.

Can you play a Malach?

Can they form their own organizations?

I'm thinking of one with ties to no magical organization directly but seeing the role to protect members and finding ones to bring under the organizations protection while abusing their popularity to garner power. Bad magicians might find the government tipped off and good ones to them get one showing up for an orgy blessing it. 

Whowhatwhere

Quote from: RubySlippers on June 25, 2014, 12:07:20 PM
Okay, question since this looks wickedly fun.

Can you play a Malach?

Can they form their own organizations?

I'm thinking of one with ties to no magical organization directly but seeing the role to protect members and finding ones to bring under the organizations protection while abusing their popularity to garner power. Bad magicians might find the government tipped off and good ones to them get one showing up for an orgy blessing it.

Yes and yes. Much like higher level tabletop RPGs, I look to have players take a larger role in the world. Your idea for this organizations sounds cool. The funnest thing about making a world is emergent gameplay - take a basic premise (magic! living magic batteries!) and seeing what naturally comes of it, without dictating terms.

This doesn't mean that I'm hands-off though - there are existing organizations and antagonists to keep anyone busy who wants danger in their RP.

RubySlippers

Well no one said Angels had to be good, some might like De Sade and sexual perversions helping rape and blessing the rapists, if the mood strikes them. The organization will largely be neutral among magical societies likely trading the presence of a member for favors even among the Rape Magicians, of course raping a member may cause issues powered up rivals sent to deal with the rapist and recover the member for example. Likely if they organize an orgy it will have a purpose.

It will likely be on par in reach and power of the Citrine Order being far older but having to use other means to gain advantages.

Not sure of a name yet.

Whowhatwhere

Sounds like a good idea, but I'll say that not having magic makes you very vulnerable to magicians. I would expect the organization to have magic bodyguards at the least, and even magicians in the ranks, possibly.

TheMamluk

I am playing one or two characters (maybe brothers) but need some time to get character sheets up. I am thinking a highly charismatic member of the coven and an angel that is somewhat touched (crazy).

Foxfyr

I am interested in this game, would likely want to play a shapeshifter type of magician.  Somebody who can transform into werewolves or other were-animals is on the table since it was mentioned in passing in the first post, right?

Whowhatwhere

Quote from: TheMamluk on June 25, 2014, 03:51:02 PM
I am playing one or two characters (maybe brothers) but need some time to get character sheets up. I am thinking a highly charismatic member of the coven and an angel that is somewhat touched (crazy).

I look forward to seeing your characters!

RubySlippers

Quote from: Whowhatwhere on June 25, 2014, 02:07:41 PM
Sounds like a good idea, but I'll say that not having magic makes you very vulnerable to magicians. I would expect the organization to have magic bodyguards at the least, and even magicians in the ranks, possibly.

I was planning on it, maybe not many but the ones that have would be juiced up and likely armed with mystical tools no lesser wizards could craft. And mundane tools are still effective a gun won't tip off magical hunters and espionage technology can be handy. And no issues dealing with the government.

Whowhatwhere

Quote from: RubySlippers on June 25, 2014, 07:50:33 PM
I was planning on it, maybe not many but the ones that have would be juiced up and likely armed with mystical tools no lesser wizards could craft. And mundane tools are still effective a gun won't tip off magical hunters and espionage technology can be handy. And no issues dealing with the government.

Currently, I want magick effects to be temporary in nature. Note the spell section - everything lasts 10 minutes unless you put more points into it. Magickal items would break that system. The point of the game is show the impermanence of things - sex, emotions, power, and in the end, the magick itself.

I agree with mundane tools though. There's nothing against magicians or Malachs carrying a piece, or hacking, or knowing kung fu!

Waterfall

~~O/O's~~A/A's~~
Sleep, sleep tonight, and may your dreams be realized

Whowhatwhere

Quote from: Loki Aesir on June 25, 2014, 03:53:04 PM
I am interested in this game, would likely want to play a shapeshifter type of magician.  Somebody who can transform into werewolves or other were-animals is on the table since it was mentioned in passing in the first post, right?

Oh, I didn't see your post before, sorry!

There are two ideas I had for shapeshifters - shifting shape as spells, with the standard duration applying. Another idea I had, in the long term, was the permanent changing of magicians into different forms. This would be very advanced in the story, and probably an accident or disadvantageous in some way. Mythical beings - werewolves, unicorns, harpies - all probably came from SM gone awry. But I haven't worked that out yet.

As I mentioned in another post, permanence isn't easy in the game. The temporariness of spells mirrors the temporariness of emotions, etc. things the magic makes permanent are things you don't want to be made permanent!

Is the spell method of changing shape okay for now? Can you think of some good spell effects to enact this?

Foxfyr

Quote from: Whowhatwhere on June 25, 2014, 10:31:30 PM
Is the spell method of changing shape okay for now? Can you think of some good spell effects to enact this?

That's what I was planning on anyways.  I was thinking of shape changing magic that worked as a sort of spectrum between human and wereform, the more human side having lesser physical advantages for the sake of being a subtle form of magic (slight boosts to strength, agility, etc.) while the were side has significant physical advantages at the cost of the change being blatantly magical.  I was thinking the shape shifting could be of any animal, so my character could take on the flexibility of a snake, the grace of a feline, or the strength of an ox for example.  Something that has versatility but still has restrictions that keeps it from being overpowered since it will still be limited by the duration requirements.

Elzith

Oh! This looks like loads of fun. Will try and stick a character together later on tonight.

RubySlippers

Quote from: Whowhatwhere on June 25, 2014, 09:00:35 PM
Currently, I want magick effects to be temporary in nature. Note the spell section - everything lasts 10 minutes unless you put more points into it. Magickal items would break that system. The point of the game is show the impermanence of things - sex, emotions, power, and in the end, the magick itself.

I agree with mundane tools though. There's nothing against magicians or Malachs carrying a piece, or hacking, or knowing kung fu!

That is why I plan a security arm with mages (always powered up) and assets more mundane to surround it, magic runs out but kung fu ninja commandos don't.  :D

Plus if a member is harmed going to a rival to power them for a mage strike in return for the orders favors might pose a major threat, enough to temper likelihood of such an attack.

Foxfyr

Name: Vincent Kincaid
Sex & Orientation: Male, Straight (possible bi-curiosity)
General Description:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Items normally carried on you: Wallet, keys, and phone.
Notable Items you can run home to get: SIG Sauer P229 (occasionally carried) and various athletic/training equipment.
Career/Finances: Bartender & aspiring MMA champion/low-moderate income.  Rents a modest apartment in a relatively safe part of the city.
Motivations: Entertainment and triumph
Relations: None yet; new to the area.
Group Affiliations: None, but looking.
Power Level: 1.0
Spells Known:
Wereform – Allows Vincent to gain physical characteristics of any one animal at a time.  The degree of the change also reflects the significance of the attributes; a relatively minor increase to agility and strength will have very little (if any) alteration in appearance while substantial changes in abilities or characteristics will require significant change in appearances.  To gain the maximum benefit of the animal characteristics, he will need to transform into a full were-animal.  Animal instincts are also acquired by the transformation, becoming more considerable the closer he is to his full wereform.  This tends to make it more difficult for him to resist temptations and reflex responses of the respective animal, but doesn’t go so far as to make him lose his rational thought or turn him into a mindless feral animal.

Whowhatwhere

Okay, let's tackle this wereform spell. WARNING! MATH AND BRAINSTORMING AHEAD!

First part: I would say that the spell allows you to change into any animal that a) you have familiarity with, or b) within line of sight. Dog? No problem. Kinkajou? Only if you're at the kinkajou cage at the zoo, or are an ornithologist who has studied kinkajous in the wild. This mirrors the rule I want to set up for many of these spells - line-of-sight-or-familiarity. This means that the more your character is familiar with animals, the better the spell will be. Tracking a person with a tracking spell would work the same way, if ever someone takes that spell - you could track a co-worker from anywhere, or a stranger within line of sight.

Second part: Any change in size or strength is relative to the amount of Energy spent. Remember the rule - for each additional "person", add a point to the spell. So to change into a gorilla with the strength of 3 men,  the spell would cost 3 Energy - one for the change, 2 for the additional two men's worth of strength. I'd say that a better sense of smell, or a faster running speed, would add points as well. The maximum, though, would the maximum attributes of the animal in question (so as not to duplicate a speed or strength spell by loophole). Changing size would be extra points too. Size of a cat, 1 extra point. Size of an ant, 2 extra points. Size of a horse, 1 extra point, etc.

Third Part - the part about small but ever increasing changes (I'm guessing you want to emulate the five forms of the werewolf in White Wolf?) ...depending on what you gain, that can be fine. The system shouldn't be any more or less fair than a spell that changes the form of a magician to an animal outright. This other spell can be called "Animal Change" and have the same effect, except the caster turned into the animal right away. I'm trying to think whether these spells are balanced with each other or not. Any thoughts?

Fourth part - Animal instinct? Maybe. I would probably want an additional point to change your mind into something more feral - that can be an option of the spell. Less susceptible to reason, more susceptible to primal fears. NOTE TO SELF: make "Train Mind" spell.

So an animal or were spell is a combination of several spells - Shape changing, Attribute (strength, speed, etc) changes, sensory changes, mind changes. The balance of this spell is that each of these attributes can only be manipulated within the natural span of the animal you change into, where a magical strength spell has no limit but the amount of Energy you put into it.  Is there another inequality that stems from putting all of these spell effects together that anyone can think of?

If this system works for you, I will add this spell as is to the official spell list. Maybe have an entry for Wereform and another one for Animal Change.

This means that you'd probably want to have a few more power levels to start, unless you want to go through the process of discovering your magic abilities from the beginning.

The character draft looks great so far! The modified character sheet is on the info thread. I linked it in the first post of this thread. Yeah, I've been modifying things as I go, sorry!

Top Cat

Sounds interesting, I'll keep an eye on this. A little loaded at the moment, but it'll smooth out soon, I expect. =^_^=
O/O / Story Seeds
Current posting speed: Slow to moderate. Most threads should get a response within 24 hours, with occasional dips as RL makes demands.
If I am more than a week behind on a story post, please feel free to PM me about it.
I am present in Elliquiy's Discord channel. If you want to chat about a story idea, feel free to DM me there.

MiraMirror

On's and Offs -  Please read before asking for a story <3

Lockepick

Playing around with a potent Malach that wheels and deals for his 'services' -- both financially and by getting spells cast in his favor -- or a Mage that focuses on divination/enhancements/blessings. 

Thinking more the former, unless I see a mass influx of other Malachs.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Top Cat

A question: Would I be able to make a Mage that specializes in luck-twisting - making a Craps throw come up 7 when he chose, for example? Or is that too clearly subtle to be fair?
O/O / Story Seeds
Current posting speed: Slow to moderate. Most threads should get a response within 24 hours, with occasional dips as RL makes demands.
If I am more than a week behind on a story post, please feel free to PM me about it.
I am present in Elliquiy's Discord channel. If you want to chat about a story idea, feel free to DM me there.

Whowhatwhere

Quote from: Top Cat on June 26, 2014, 02:29:13 PM
A question: Would I be able to make a Mage that specializes in luck-twisting - making a Craps throw come up 7 when he chose, for example? Or is that too clearly subtle to be fair?

That's a good question, and a tough one to answer. You would think that luck would be one of those things that magic should cover, when it comes to what it can affect. So we'd have to bang out a way to have a luck spell work.

First, the standard duration should apply. Ten minutes max, an additional point every 10 minutes added. That's the easy part.
Second, following the "one thing" rule, I would say that one lucky thing would occur, something obvious to the caster, and then the spell would be expended. Ten minutes of nonstop lucky things might be too much. This might also set up the drawback of saying that you cast the spell for a longer duration, have the lucky thing happen, then the rest of the duration is wasted.
Third, the lucky thing should be up to the GM.
Fourth, giving someone else luck may work in this spell also, given the usual 1-point-per-person rule: add an extra Energy to the casting cost to put it on someone else. Add more points for more targets.

That sounds pretty fair to me. As always, if someone comes up with an objection or loophole, I'd be glad to hear it. I might put this up in the spell list soon, after a few feedbacks.

Lockepick

@GM: Do you have a separate application you'd like Malachs to follow? On that note: Do Malachs have power levels (how much the mage 'earns' I suppose)? And do Malachs belong to a group?

Is there any benefit to gaining a 'boost' from a Malach or another mage? Is 'feeding' from a Malach superior to feeding on another Mage? Or is it the same thing?

What is the benefit of the organizations, anyway? I don't mean mechanically, I mean is there any reason one would join outside of a sense of camaraderie?
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Whowhatwhere

Quote from: lockepick on June 26, 2014, 03:45:35 PM
@GM: Do you have a separate application you'd like Malachs to follow? On that note: Do Malachs have power levels (how much the mage 'earns' I suppose)? And do Malachs belong to a group?

Is there any benefit to gaining a 'boost' from a Malach or another mage? Is 'feeding' from a Malach superior to feeding on another Mage? Or is it the same thing?

What is the benefit of the organizations, anyway? I don't mean mechanically, I mean is there any reason one would join outside of a sense of camaraderie?

Good questions, all.

- Malachs do not have separate applications. Like normal humans, they only exclude the power level and spells section of the character sheet.
- Malachs to not have power levels and do not need to earn xp, much like humans. They are not meant to be on par with magicians, they are a person with seething Energy that magicians covet, but are actually quite exploitable. This sense of increased danger, of being of value with nothing to defend yourself with but bargaining, is on purpose.
- I don't have a group for Malachs, currently. Malachs are rarer than magicians. If there is a PC-created group for Malachs, I wouldn't mind. But announcing themselves as such makes them targets.
- I will clarify replenishment rules in the Info thread. Sexual relations with a magician or a Malach fills your Energy up. Malachs can bestow this fulfillment with a true, positive-emotion outpouring as well - love, respect, joy, pride. Like it states, this "blessing" does not have to be sexual, but it is an outward display of emotion. I am thinking of having this blessing be one of true emotion - you have to truly love/respect/be proud of the person in question. This does not preclude manipulation (on either side), but there has to be some emotion, even if it's not the emotion the magician wants. Perhaps a Malach will laugh with joy over how funny-looking a magician is, who was trying to seduce the Malach instead. Perhaps a magician will cast Attraction on his or herself to seduce the Malach. These are all possible scenarios.
- One would join a group for protection and resources, mostly. The Citrine Order's club (Le Pivert Souleve) is the only exception to this rule - their club, though it is a gathering place for magicians and their debauchery, takes great effort to ensure safety for everyone involved. I'm thinking of having the club enacting admissions charges - good old fashioned cash, probably.

Thanks for the interest and the questions. It helps me shape the world and the politics of this thing.

StormRanger779

This seems interesting, one question though. With it all shunned by normal society wouldn't it be possible for a Mage Hunter to exist? For example, another mage using a different type of magick, or a normal human specifically trained to kill Mages?