Chance Encounters: A time travelers ordeal

Started by undisclosedtoyou, March 18, 2011, 10:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undisclosedtoyou

Chance Encounters

A time traveler, a Spanish rancher from New Mexico, and a hapless waitress who knows more than she's letting on, all meet one fateful rainy night.  At the time everything seemed so mundane, so ordinary; except it wasn't, not at all.  One chance encounter and it sets off a series of events that will all lead to one thrilling and sudden end.  But the question here is whether that end is a tragedy or just the beginning of another kind of story.

What I'm suggesting is a game made up entirely of opportune encounters between three strangers.  They all come from different backgrounds, but they all end up at the same places, even in the end.  Each encounter will contain a theme, just small things that must be incorporated, and in the end, each theme will come together to create the setting to the end of the story.  I'll only give everyone the theme of the scene, and when it's played out, that outcome will dictate the next scenes theme.  If one encounter ends darkly, the next will be influenced by it.   Anyone applying to play the male characters can be of any gender, but only male characters are needed for this game.

Setting

Modern with a twist

System or Freeform?

Structured Freeform:  This game is very decidedly freeform with a dash of structure ;)

Warnings/Tags

Tag/Rating - Not yet decided.
MxMxF - This does not mean that there needs to be a threesome,
but every character will be involved with each other to some degree.
Incest - This one may or may not be an element later on in the game.

Guidelines

• Please do not consider this for your first Roleplay on E!
  • Each post should be at least two paragraphs, and comprise of 350+ words.
  • This will be a slow paced game, so if you're expecting a post-after-post-after-post game, you may want to look somewhere else.

Cast of Characters

Time Traveler: Adrian Novak: PeaceThatPowerBrings
Spanish Rancher: Santiago Reyes: Dark Clown
Hapless Waitress: Isabel Winters: Undisclosedtoyou

Character Skeleton
Please do not deviate from this Skeleton, if you feel like more info needs to be added, put it in the Misc.

Time Traveler/Spanish Rancher/Hapless Waitress

Name:
Orientation:
Personality:
History:
Physical Description: (Written & Pics - No anime or drawn pictures)
Misc: (Anything extra goes here)

[justify][center][size=12pt][color=brown][b]Time Traveler/Spanish Rancher/Hapless Waitress[/b][/color][/size][/center]
[hr]
[b]Name[/b]:
[b]Age[/b]:
[b]Gender[/b]:
[b]Orientation[/b]:
[b]Personality[/b]:
[b]History[/b]:
[b]Physical Description[/b]: (Written & Pics - No anime or drawn pictures)
[b]Misc[/b]: (Anything extra goes here)[/justify]

Theme's

Act One

Time/Weather: 11:23 pm/Rainy and Dark
Setting: The cafe is almost completely empty, there's only the one waitress and the cook left on shift.  The rancher traveling through Sante Fe decides to get out of the rain, and stop at the only place visible for miles.  The time traveler finds himself inexplicably drawn to that location at the same time, and finds himself forcibly appearing behind the cafe.
Twist:  Three random moments must repeat themselves and be noticeable to only the three main characters.  Each character is responsible for prompting one of the necessary three repeats.  Each repeat will only last for up to a minute at the maximum or three seconds at the minimum, and should be something subtle, like someone saying the same thing twice; please be creative.
End of scene: The gas station across the road blows up.

"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

Update

03/19/2011

• Changed Title
  • Took out a warning/Tag
  • Took out the Circumstances, so potential players have less restrictions on character creation.
  • Added a character Skeleton

03/20/2011

• Added a link to the Hapless Waitress' character sheet.
  • Increased the word count per post from 200 plus to 350 plus.
  • Added a link to the Time Travelers character sheet.
  • Added a tag/warning

03/21/2011

• Changed the title to insert what kind of character we are searching for.
  • Changed the tag/warning from Light to Not yet decided.

03/22/2011

• Defined whether this game is freeform or system in the first post.

03/23/2011

• Added a link to the Spanish Ranchers character sheet.
  • Took out the "1 Spanish Rancher Needed" from the title.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

PeacethatPowerbrings

Well I'd definitely be interested in writing the time traveller.
I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: PeacethatPowerbrings on March 20, 2011, 01:11:26 AM
Well I'd definitely be interested in writing the time traveller.

You're always someone I want joining in one of my games Peace! 

I'll throw out a character skeleton so you, and anyone else interested, can start putting together their character ideas.

[Edit] Character Skeleton added to first post.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

Hapless Waitress

Name: Isabel Winters
Orientation: Straight
Personality: Thoughtful and outwardly straightforward.  She's neither outstandingly outgoing, or brilliantly bright.  She's quiet, and doesn't go out of her way to achieve anything most people would view as important.  This can be most strikingly seen, with where she is in life at the moment.  She's never tried for a higher education after high school, she's never worked to get a better job, and seems to be highly content with the bare normalcy that is her life.  She's a waitress, she serves your coffee, and once in a while you'll notice her, but for the most part, she seems to fade into the background, even down to what she wears and how she does herself up.

It would never really touch peoples minds that what they saw was exactly what Issy wanted them to see.  She isn't the person people think she is, but she'd rather hide behind that mask, than reveal what she's hiding.  Unlike most people, she has a knack for observing and putting away small details that seem unimportant at the time, but are later on revealed to be of great importance.  Her mind is always picking apart her surroundings, and her greatest hobby is just watching people, and putting together their lives by the way they speak, act, or even who they're with or what they eat.  She's not spectacularly brilliant, but she finds others to be much more interesting.  A part of her is just waiting for something to happen, but she would never really explain why that is.

History: You always hear about those stories, where the mother, for various reasons, doesn't make it to the hospital, and gives birth in the most bazaar places.  Issy was one of those cases.  She was brought into this world one stormy night, in the back of a black four door, 67' Chevy Impala that had broken down on the side of the road.  Her single mother had to fight through that ordeal alone, but in the end she was blessed with a surprisingly healthy baby girl.  Decidedly nomadic, Issy and her mother traveled from one town to another, always sticking to smaller towns, with friendly inhabitants.  Her mother always took smaller jobs, and since money was scarce, Issy never had fancy things, but her mother always said that thrift store jeans where just as good as department store ones, and that they helped them blend in better.  Issy never questioned this.  In fact, she never questioned her mothers strange advice, ever.

It always seemed to her, as if her mother was running from something, when she got older, she couldn't help but think that it was herself that her mother ran from; since there was never any sign of benevolent people looking for them.  But like most lessons learned at a young age, Issy followed them, even after the untimely death of her mother when she was 17.  With only a year left until she could be considered a legal adult, Issy decided that going into the system was not for her, so she packed up her things, and drove out of the small town they had been staying at.  She spent her life, just as she had before, and since she had graduated high school early, she didn't need to worry about finishing her education.  Like her mother, she got small jobs, mostly small waitress jobs; but she never actually yearned for more since she was taught to be content with the bare minimum from a young age.  Santa Fe, New Mexico has proven to be an interesting place for her so far.  In fact, she's stayed there longer than she has anywhere else, this being her second year there.  But just as it's happened before, the urge to move on has started to make her itch.
Physical Description:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Misc: She knows more than she let's on, maybe even more than she herself is aware of.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

PeacethatPowerbrings

Time Traveler

Name: Adrian Novak
Age: Appears to be in his mid to late twenties. Real age unknown.
Orientation: Bisexual
Personality: Observant and investigative. Adrian's situation has changed him, or so he thinks. He tends to dwell on details, though he is good at absorbing a lot of information, the idea that his situation doesn't persist had made him want to both embrace, and understand why it is he doesn't experience time like other people.
History: Adrian's history is confusing, even to him, and remembering all of it is a complete mess. He has a feeling for places, events, and tries not for forget people, but unlike those who experience one moment, one interaction, leading to the next linearly, he gets overwhelmed by the amount of information he takes in. Exacerbated partly by his own investigative and observant nature, he forgets a great deal, while dwelling on more important moments, significant events, usually traumatic ones.

Adrian doesn't know why it is that he experiences time the way he does. He knows enough to say with certainty that it isn't that he blacks out. He isn't experiencing a normal life in flashes, instead he appears for a period of time and then vanishes. He doesn't often revist the same place twice, partly because he is not in control of his shifts from one time to another.

Adrian's earliest memories are confused, uncertain, as though he'd at one point been struck with amensia, or simply forgotten to remember. For this reason, he has no idea how long he's been moving through time, or how old he actually is. He doesn't know when he was born, but he can recall being called by his own name. His suit is something of a mystery as well. It seems to experience the shifts the same way he does, no worse for wear, always crisp and clean when he appears somewhere else. In the waistcoat pocket is a silver watch, and oddity given that he wears a rolex on his left wrist, he keeps time by adjusting the rolex whenever he appears, but hasn't bothered winding the pocketwatch in a long time.

Physical Description:

Misc: Adrian's jumps seem random, but there are certain connects that he sometimes notices and sometimes doesn't. The wide variety of places and times he's been to, and in, seem to have little pattern, but some places are more common than others, even if the times change wildly. Sometimes, perhaps as an indication of how much he's forgotten, he has a strong kind of feeling about "knowing" a place, even if he can't recall being there before.
I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.

undisclosedtoyou

Peace, of course your character is Accepted 8-)

We only need the part of the Spanish Rancher to be taken, and we'll be good to go! 
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

I just wanted to add, for anyone interested in playing the Spanish Rancher, that his character concept isn't completely planned out.  He could be connected to the other two as inadvertently as you want, hell he doesn't even need to be Spanish.  But he is an important character, and I'd love for someone to scoop him up.

[Edit]

Oh and I've made a few edits to the first post, all of which are listed in the second post of this thread.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Mr Self Destruct

I will play your swarthy Spanish rancher if you wish. :) I'll work up a profile tonight for approval!

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Dark Clown on March 23, 2011, 11:00:02 PM
I will play your swarthy Spanish rancher if you wish. :) I'll work up a profile tonight for approval!

That would be awesome Dark Clown, we'd love to have you!  Feel free to post your profile here when it's done :)
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Aiden

Mr Self Destruct

Spanish Rancher

Name: Santiago Reyes
Orientation: Straight
Personality: Pragmatic and brash.  A lifetime of working with his hands has made him quick to act, while age has taught him the value of thinking before he acts.  He isn't quite mature yet, however, and can still lash out or be quick to act without regard to the consequences of his actions.  He's learned patience, too, after years of herding cattle and riding the range.  Like his father used to tell him, “You can't guide the herd with your horse while you're busy beating them with your whip”.  There was a simple logic to his father's words, and they've stuck with him throughout everything he's experienced.
He's a simple man that's lived a simple life.  He's never been married, and has no children.  He's watched while his siblings grew up and moved on, his two sisters traveling to Texas to become American citizens and his older brother joining the Mexican military.  Santiago stayed behind to take over his father's ranch, and has come to enjoy the quiet life of a rancher.  When he does venture to town, it's mainly for supplies, though he's become fond of drinking at the local dives, a desire for human companionship growing after the isolation bred from working a ranch for a living.  He's quiet around those he doesn't know, but if the crowd gets rowdy or he's had a few too many, he gets quite talkative and can be downright charming, or rude, depending on the situation.
History: Santiago was the second of four children.  He was raised on an isolated ranch in New Mexico, and his schooling consisted more of life lessons than anything out of a text book.  He was roping cattle at age 8, helping his father herd over a hundred steer at 12, and by 15, there wasn't a job on the ranch that he hadn't personally handled.  He earned his GED at 16, but given his upbringing, he was almost predestined to the lifestyle of a rancher.  It's all he's ever known, and while his youthful curiosity led him away from the simple life, the scars of reality sent him back.  Not that life on the ranch wasn't exciting...there were times when he'd taken women back to his home, and he's had his fair share of fistfights with neighboring ranchers.  All in all, though, he's had a life that others would call boring or simple.  To him, it's who he is, and he can't imagine himself doing anything different.

Physical Description:
Misc: Santiago has a dark secret that may just come to haunt him throughout the course of the story.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Aiden on March 23, 2011, 11:58:06 PM
See Dis, just needed a little time doll!  ;)

Like usual, Mister Man, you where right :D

@Dark Clown

Love your character!  I do have a small question though, but just a tiny one.  I looked through your O/O's, and one of your offs is M/M pairings.  This game is M/M/F, I just want to ask how comfortable you'd be with it.  While I in no way expect you to play something you're not comfortable with, I just want to know your limits, so I can keep them in mind during the progression of this game.  That being said, this isn't sex driven, although sexual interactions could potentially happen throughout this game. 
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Mr Self Destruct

I'm good with a threesome including another guy. lol  While I'd prefer not to have any sexual interaction involving exclusively the two male characters, if they're both ravaging the same female at the same time, that's fine with me. :)

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Dark Clown on March 24, 2011, 12:52:37 AM
I'm good with a threesome including another guy. lol  While I'd prefer not to have any sexual interaction involving exclusively the two male characters, if they're both ravaging the same female at the same time, that's fine with me. :)

I'm perfectly fine with this, and I hope PeaceThatPowerBrings is to, we shall see.  But for now, I'll say that your character is Accepted!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

Alright, so I'm stuck between where to put this game.  Where would you guys like to see it?
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's