Pokémon Light and Shadow: The Land of Arcaia

Started by Thunder Splash, September 07, 2017, 12:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thunder Splash

【⊚】 Main Thread 【⊚】
【⊚】 Info Thread 【⊚】
【⊚】 OOC Thread 【⊚】

This is an interest forum for a pokémon adventure rp. I'll add more details as I make them but I wanted to check if there was interest for a pokémon rp first,

Welcome to the Arcaia region, a land shrouded in mystery. Though this region hosts no native pokémon if it's own, it is home to pokémon from all other known regions. Due to this strange phenomenon it has attracted a large amount of attention from researchers and trainers alike. Boasting a booming economy and countless new towns Arcaia is the new frontier of the pokémon world. But strange rumors have been cropping up about some extremely aggressive pokémon. They have been said to attack unprovoked and to be terrorizing humans and pokémon alike. What is the cause of these strange rumors, and what does it mean for the region? Only time will tell.

Location: Arcaia is a vast region located far south across the ocean from Kanto. The main entrance to the region is located in the Great Bay on the north side of the landmass. This bay is protected by a semicircle of barrier islands. The fist town located right in the middle of the bay is Landing Port. Being the main hub for new comers and commerce from outside the region it is the largest town in the region, with a bustling harbor and the the only major metropolitan cityscape. There are 9 other cities in Arcaia; Ferroville, Faes Hollow, Meadow Wood, Misty Falls, Cinderburg, Teneville, Cimex City, Deadwood, and Umburgh. Arcaia has attracted so many pokémon trainers that is has recently started its own league. There are eight gyms located throughout the region, but with this being the leagues first year an elite four has yet to be established and there is no league champion yet. This has been one of the main reasons for so many trainers to flock to Arcaia, with their dreams of being the first champion or even becoming members of the new elite four.

Starting pokémon: I will allow people to start with up to two pokémon in the beginning. They both must be starter forms but other than that they may be from any region.

Occupations: Arcaia has attracted people from all walks of life to its shores. Many trainers have flocked to Arcaia wanting to become the first league champion. Researchers wantimg to know more about this strange land and why it has so many breeds of Pokémon. Breeders have shown a special interest as well in a land brimming with every pokémon you could imagine in such a small area. Pokémon contests have also sprung up across the region attracting coordinators for much of the same reason as the trainers, to be the first to win the title of Arcaia Region Master Coordinator. And with all these new people in a strange new land many Pokémon Rangers have also landed in order to keep the peace. Whatever your desires are Arcaia is a land to pursue your dreams.

The game will begin with trainers arriving at Landing Port to begin their adventure in the Arcaia Region. Characters may be from any region, or if they are from Arcaia they are just beginning their pokémon journey as a new trainer.

Profiles: Here is a blank profile. Fill one out and submit it to me for approval before posting it. If you have any questions about it feel free to on me or ask me right here in the forum and I'll do all I cannot to help out,

Name: (full name)

Appearance: (describe how you look)
Sexuality: (heterosexual, homosexual, pansexual, etc.)
Region of origin: (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Orre, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos, Alola, Arcaia)
Occupation: (trainer, breeder, researcher, ranger, coordinator, other)
Pokémon: (You may start with up to two first forms, if they have nicknames put them here as well)
Personality: (What are you like?)
Bio: (What's your story?)

[size=16pt][color=red]Name:[/color][/size] (full name) [float=right][img height=300 padding=5]http://i.imgur.com/qhaKUWB.jpg[/img][/float]

[size=16pt]Appearance:[/size] (describe how you look)
[size=16pt][color=slategray]Age:[/color][/size] (16 or older)
[size=16pt][color=red]Sexuality:[/color][/size] (heterosexual, homosexual, pansexual, etc.)
[size=16pt]Region of origin:[/size] (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Orre, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos, Alola, Arcaia)
[size=16pt][color=slategray]Occupation:[/color][/size] (trainer, breeder, researcher, ranger, coordinator, other)
[size=16pt][color=red]Pokémon:[/color][/size] (You may start with up to two first forms, if they have nicknames put them here as well)
[size=16pt]Personality:[/size] (What are you like?)
[size=16pt][color=slategray]Bio:[/color][/size] (What's your story?)
[float=right][img height=100 padding=5]http://i.imgur.com/qhaKUWB.jpg[/img][/float]
[float=right][img height=100 padding=5]http://i.imgur.com/qhaKUWB.jpg[/img][/float]

(Work in Progress for planning the rp and story. More will be added as I make it.)

Thunder Splash

Here is where I will link the system. Not sure yet if I will do a more free form setting or use the table top rules from Pokémon Tabletop Universe. I'd like to know y'alls' thoughts on which you would prefer.

JoanieSappho

Unless battling is a major, major part of things (and you have a way to handle how much PTU depends on positioning) I'd say freeform is much, much easier to handle.

Also, since this is E ... will this be human/human only, or is human/pokemon a thing that could happen?
(I don't mind greatly either way, but I certainly would not object to the latter)

Thunder Splash

You know, I've never given much thought to that. I want the main focus to be the adventure and story. I may be open to the possibility of that if you could elaborate more on a good reason to allow it.

JoanieSappho

Basically,  there's a whole bunch of pokemon I like the idea of getting lewd with.
That is most of my reason.

Also, well, you have the aggressive pokemon doing things to people already, adding in a Tsareena who wants to demonstrate that she doesn't just look like a walking femdom fetish/a Hypno living up to what everyone thinks of them/Overly Attached Gardevoir/etc ...

But mostly because this is my fetish.  :P

Thunder Splash

Not sure if I'll make a major thing out of it but if you're willing to work with me I could be sure to work something like that into the story for you and your character. I'm a GM all about making sure each individual player gets their time to shine and their own sun stories built into the main story. Also the violent pokémon have a reason for being so dangerous that will be revealed once the rp gets underway/ as the story progresses.

Priapus89

LSWSjr

"The true price of my immortality, has been outliving my children" - Kassey LeHane

http://lswsjr.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/ - the Home of my SFW art commissions
http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/LSWSjr - the Home of my NSFW art commissions

Thunder Splash

Quote from: Timmothy Kirkman on September 08, 2017, 01:56:59 AM
I've been interested in doing a Pokemon RP for quite some time now, but I'd only be interested in doing one in freeform. Also, what are the limits on adult content going to be like for this idea?

I'd say keep it around pg-13 ish. Things like swearing a violence will probably happen, but with things like romance and sex I'd ask before anything gets too explicit people just switch it over to pms. If there is enough of a demand for that however I could rethink my polacy a a bit, maybe have a second forum for those types of scenes. But like I'd mentioned earlier I want the main focus to be the adventure and the story.

pdragon

If you're not planning to have any sexual content in this game you might want to switch this over to the non-adult forums. That way you'll get the kind of players you're looking for.
What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

Thunder Splash

I'm not opposed to sexual content per say, I've just never really run a game where that is a big part of it. I may add/ move the interest check to that board, but since more people seem to want to add that into their adventures on this site I figured I'd try to incorporate what players want into my story and world.

Thunder Splash

Also to pose the question early would anyone be able/ willing to help me make a map? I'm working on one now but I don't have the programs to put it on my computer and make it all pretty right now so if it's just up to me to get it up it will be a crude hand drawn map scanned in.

Ixy

I'm a little curious about this, but more if there's to be adult content as part of the adventure... even if it's not the main focus.  No shame here, I'm intrigued by that --providing, of course, the characters are not kids, consenting age or older.  I am not even the biggest Pokemon fan, but it seems like it has the opportunity for quick action with a simple resolution system (especially if freeform and players can agree on the outcome ahead of time), lighthearted character development without going elbow-deep into factions and the like, the spirit of adventure and fun-- the kind of Fall-type game that could be fun and sexy without huge effort. 

Thunder Splash

I don't really have a problem with that being a part of it. Many members here seem to be interested in that being an aspect. I have just never run an rp with that being a part of it for a long time. If y'all are willing to help me integrate it, and the story and adventure remain the main of many parts, in fine with it. And of course if adult content is a part of it all characters would need to be old enough and I prefer no non-consensual.

And to address everyone I am almost done with the character sheets and once I get those up hopefully we can start. I think I have enough of the story and world built to begin.

Thunder Splash

And the character sheets are done!! In the next few days I will get the main thread, profile thread, and OOC threads all up, and in the mean time you guys can start working on filling out the character sheets. Once you have one done just pm it to me for approval.

Thunder Splash

Here is an example of a filled out sheet, if you need help getting the Pokémon where the poke balls are just let me know.

Name: Daniel Lebeau

Appearance: Daniel wears a blue, sleeveless, collared top and black spandex shorts. She also wears black and white gloves and keeps her poke balls in a punch on her hip. Her gray hair hangs to the sides of her face and she always wears her blue bandana. She is very lithe and slender, standing at 5'8".
Sexuality:
Region of origin: Hoenn
Pokémon: Mudkip, Ralts
Personality: Daniel is adventurous. She lived for the thrill of roughing it and being out in the wilds with all there is to see. Serious when it comes to pokémon and battling, Daniel lives for pokémon battles. She can be a little blunt and hard on people, but she usually means well. Daniel has a fire in her that makes her a natural born trainer, and she dreams of one day being the champion.
Bio: Daniel was born into a pokémon researching family. Her mother and father wanted to learn all there was to know about the Cave of Origins in their home town of Sootopolis City, and the legendary pokémon that once dwelled there. Daniel thought it was cool learning about legendary pokémon when she was little, but as she grew she became more and more interested in all pokémon as well as the world outside her hometown. With the eighth hoenn league gym right around the corner Daniel got to watch all sorts of powerful pokémon trainers come and go, seeking the last badge to allow them to enter the tournament at the end of every year. She wanted so badly to be one of those adventuring trainers. But her dreams of adventure were not coming anytime soon. Wanting their only child to follow in their footsteps Daniel's parents stressed the importance of her education, not letting her go off on some pokémon journey when other kids her age were  leaving for adventure.

Fate however was on Daniel's side. One day a weary trainer showed up in Sootopolis City with an eye for talent. He wasn't there for the gym but was interested in her parents' research. While visiting the man saw the young girl's potential as a pokémon trainer. Offering to teach the girl what it meant to be a trainer the man managed to broker a deal on behalf of the little girl with her parents. If she finished her schooling with top marks, he would help her begin her pokémon journey, offering to cover any expenses she would need.

When the day finally came a few years later the man kept his word. After a few lessons on how to catch pokémon and for skills needed to survive in the wild Daniel found herself aboard the SS Anne, bound for the new land of Arcaia, with her two new companions beside her and her dreams just over the horizon.

Meet Daniel! One of a few GM characters who will be part of the adventure. ^^

JoanieSappho

Quick queston. By starter forms, do you mean just pokemon that haven't evolved yet (but can) or are pokemon that don't evolve also fine?

(For example, would Kangaskhan and Ekans be accepted, or Zangoose and Misdreavus?)

Thunder Splash

Forst forms of Pokémon that can evolve. As for Pokémon that don't evolve like kangaskhan they will be okay so long as they would be equivalent in level at the start of the rp. I.e. Not very strong yet since it's the starting of the adventure,. Which of those two pairings do you want?

JoanieSappho

Quote from: Thunder Splash on September 12, 2017, 12:35:18 PM
Forst forms of Pokémon that can evolve. As for Pokémon that don't evolve like kangaskhan they will be okay so long as they would be equivalent in level at the start of the rp. I.e. Not very strong yet since it's the starting of the adventure,. Which of those two pairings do you want?

Still a bit torn between the two, actually. I'm thinking the Kangaskhan one, though. Probably.

JoanieSappho

I have decided!

Name: Althea Hawthorn

Appearance: The first thing most note about Althea's appearance is that she quite clearly doesn't care too much about it. Her hair might start the day off nicely brushed and neatly tied back, but it also seems to only need five minutes to go completely wild on her and everyone in the general vicinity. Her clothing tends towards various colours of jeans and simple, usually white tops, with the only recurring element being the large - clearly a couple of sizes too large for her - white coat that she never really seems to be without, regardless of the weather or time of day. Standing at only 5'4 she is definitely on the smaller side of things, but doesn't seem to let this get her down.
Sexuality: Bisexual (Lesbian leaning)
Region of origin: Kanto
Pokémon: Kangaskhan (Brigid), Ekans (Lamia)
Personality: Althea doesn't really seem to care too much about most things, but when it comes to discovering something new (or seeing it/hearing it/poking it until it does something interesting) then she turns almost obsessive. Studying pokemon is far more than just a job for her and she'd continue to make her observations even if it meant sleeping in a bush for a week. Which, in the past, it has. Usually, she tends to be quite easygoing and relaxed, although she does get very protective of the two young pokemon with her.
Bio: Althea was going to be a pokemon trainer, originally, but then someone had to show the girl material on the pokemon that new trainers would commonly encounter. And she got interested. So interested that she actually forgot to go get her pokemon, in favour of finding everything that was already written about pokemon, pestering the local scientists with questions and theories, and then she abruptly realised she'd spent the last four years doing that.
So, she shrugged and settled down to do some serious observation and research.
A week-long trip into the Kanto Safari Zone when she turned twenty turned into four years basically living in there, only emerging when she heard about Arcaia.
A young Kangaskhan had imprinted on her and an even younger Ekans had likewise bonded with her during her stay in the Safari Zone and, not willing to leave her childr- her pokemon behind, she made sure that she would be able to bring them with her.

Thunder Splash

Ixy

Name: Salem Hart

Appearance: Often mistaken for moody or standoffish, Salem is fine-featured and pretty, particularly in her vibrant green eyes, but not in the sense of an exotic beauty-- rather, she is willowy and vulnerable looking.  She has a very slim build, long and graceful limbs, a slender neck, and subtle, girlish curves.  Her fair hair grows out to a violet color that bleaches in bright sunlight, but her roots are deep purple, which she emphasizes by keeping her hair luxuriously long on top, then shearing to smooth purple fuzz in a rebellious fashion underneath. 
She dresses in secondhand clothes, alternating between dizzy princess pixie girl and jean-clad, braless biker chick with spiked leather jacket.  Her skin, deep tanned from many hours on the trails, is wound with tattoos, and she's partial to makeup and jewelry.
Sexuality: Bisexual
Region of origin: Orre
Pokémon: Ghastly, Litten
Personality: Salem really, really likes being on the road, away from authority figures and pressures to be someone she's not.  She seems to love a good time, and despite her initial frosty demeanor, she warms quickly to strangers-- especially through Pokemon, traveling, great stories, or acts of carefully selected rebellion.  She's anxious to experience everything she can, and to be at one with the world doing so... Pokemon are a natural part of that, and she's drawn to connections of fate and mutual respect rather than convenience or superficial attraction... Much like with people.  Through it all a general sense of mournfulness seems to prevail for her; perhaps a result of the pressure she faced growing up, this loneliness exposed her to a sort of sympathetic bond with her first Pokemon, whip also wished very much to be free...
Bio: When she was a child, Salem was considered a slow learner.  As such, her parents--one a lawyer, the other an accountant-- pressured her to pursue respectable goals, to be even more boring and materialistic than they were, so she had to work like crazy to game her way through school. She never fully capitulated to their will, and spent all her free time with an elderly neighbor, working on cars, where she seemed to fully enjoy herself and found learning surprisingly easy. 
The man was her friend for years, and the two would hand out in the desert shade working on this engine part or another, him telling her stories of his travels and list friends, until all of it was real to her.  When he passed away suddenly, she was alone, and spent a good deal of time hanging out in the cemetery, making up stories for the name and dates on the simple head stones on that desert hill.
By 16 that she was diagnosed with a learning disability, and though her academics improved, her disinterest in typical subjects did not.  She'd found that she loved the discovery of old things, the open road, freedom, and making things run.  She made a new friend, Shade-- a strangely curious Gastly that began to follow her home from Boot Hill cemetery--who began encouraging her to strike out on her own.  She listened.
The two left home together when she graduated at 17-- her under the guise of taking a gap year to let the valuable lesson of Pokemon adventuring... And she simply never went back home.  The Pokemon she befriends are those who choose her.  Despite her time on the road, she never dedicates effort to pursuing them, opting only to let the circumstances dictate who she meets on the path.

kingmaster1

Name: Carter Kingston

Appearance: Carter wears a black beanie at all times that keeps his fine, blonde hair pinned down on his head. He favors the colors blue, white, and black or grey, colors that won't stand out too horribly in a crowd. He often slouches, keeping his hands in the pockets of his tight jeans or hoodies, giving himself a reserved body language most often. His eyes tend to stay towards the ground or sky in a conversation, not one for eye contact with other people. He's tall, or would be if not for his slouching, with it he doesn't seem very special. He is also unmistakably thin despite an appetite that could rival that of a growing snorlax, almost always munching on something.
Sexuality: Bisexual
Region of origin: Kalos
Pokémon: A male Abra named Mayuri and a shiny female Buneary named Nemu
Personality: Carter's behavior tends to follow a pattern when he meets a new person, shyly introduce himself, smile, avoid eye contact, try and steer the conversation towards something he knows well, often times being his pokemon or food. He tries his best to be welcoming to people but it's always clear that he's uncomfortable around others, though everyone will see the sadness in his eyes when he is left alone. When he's in good spirits he's normally playing or eating with his pokemon, training the two of them, or even just relaxing. His biggest weakness would be his inability to talk to women, almost always stumbling on his words and blushing furiously, very obvious on his pale cheeks.

Bio: Nothing but opportunity was presented to Carter from birth; Born into a rich family, everything provided for him if he even so much as glanced at something related to it. His entire life was handed to him but, despite this, all the boy ever wanted to do was go and catch pokemon away from the massive manor of his family, away from the butlers, maids, and attendants. He often ran off into their large backyard and snuck under some hedges to get to the proper wild. His parents tried to be supportive, when they were around, but it was unmistakable that they had their set plans for their son that he couldn't divert from. They wanted their son to continue the family business, his father a wealthy real estate owner that owned dozens and dozens of properties all across the world.

It was only when this new, booming region was made public that the young noble born developed his plan. He buckled to the demands of his parents and begged them to let him go and try to get them business opportunities in this new place. It took months of convincing before they finally agreed and shipped him off with financial papers and even a new suit. What happened when the ship landed, however, would horrify the elderly couple. Carter immediately threw out the papers, sold almost everything he brought with him, and set off in new clothes, with his true dream shining on his face for the first time. He was going to be a champion, that much he knew.

Thunder Splash

Carter is approved! And for Salem I like what I'm seeing, let me know when she is complete.

Barring life getting in the way tomorrow I should have the character page up for you all to post these in and hopefully will have the main thread open before too long as well.

pdragon

Name: Naozumi Kahale 

Appearance: A native to Alola, Naozumi shows his heritage in his strong, beautiful facial features and his rich, mocha skin. His hair, naturally dark brown, is dyed a pale blonde and grown out long,hanging past his butt. In fact even when he wears it in a tall ponytail it still hangs down to his lower back. He stands around 5'5, a bit short for a guy, and has a slender build with surprisingly thick hips and thighs. His skin is for the most part smooth and free of blemishes, save for a trio of white birthmarks underneath each of his eyes, playfully refereed to as "sawsbuck freckles" by his friends. Most of his outfits tend to be cute, bordering on sexy, though he doesn't go out of his way to portray himself in any kind of inappropriate manner. He's particularly fond of shorts and over sized sweaters that hang off of the shoulders, allowing his skin to breath.

Sexuality: pansexual
Region of origin: Kalos
Pokémon: A Mime Jr. named Pagliacci and a Vulpix named Snowball
Personality: Naozumi, or Nao as he prefers to be called by acquaintances, is a pretty sweet and decent guy. He's bright and outgoing, but not overbearing or annoyingly bubbly, and typically takes things with a more laid back attitude, though can be surprisingly serious and astute when necessary. Due to his appearance most are quick to expect him to be ditsy, promiscuous, or flamboyant, though in truth he's neither of the three. He's very well read and intelligent, has a very down to earth demeanor, and is surprisingly innocent when it comes to things of a more "mature" nature. His biggest drive is exploration, driven by a strong curiosity and wild imagination, though this can sometimes lead him into trouble, and he is easily spurred into danger by bouts of curiosity or wander lust. He also has a huge weakness for cute things, though sometimes the things he considers "cute" can be rather odd.

Bio: Originally born in Alola, Naozumi was raised on the tropical islands until he was seven years old. There his days were carefree and fun, always playing with friends, splashing around on the beach, or venturing off to explore new nooks and crannies of his home island. This almost idyllic upbringing has left him with a highly idealistic view of his home region, and for that reason he takes great pride in his heritage. It was even on Alola where he got his first pokemon years before even deciding to become a trainer, a vulpix caught for him by his father on a ski trip, which he affectionately and very creatively named Snowball.

However things changed shortly after his seventh birthday, as his father ended up getting a promotion at his job that would require their entire family to move all the way out to Kalos, right in the center of lumiose city. Surprisingly Nao actually took to the change relatively well, the same curiosity and wonder that led him to explore every corner of his island now driving him to dive head first into the strange culture of his new home. Within a few years he had fully versed himself in Kalos culture, even adopting a thick accent from all the time he spent with his new friends. It was also then that he decided he wanted to become a pokemon trainer, and would even go on to collect a few badges from the local pokemon league.

However before he could really get started on his journey, he was once more drawn outwards by the news of a new region being explored and colonized. His spirit of adventure piqued, Nao put aside his quest to instead venture forth to this new land, with nothing but his pokemon, the money he had earned from his adventure so far, and a new camera his parents bought for him to help document his trip. The camera ended up coming in more handy than he thought, as he ended up getting mistaken for a freelance poke-photographer, and has been offered a job to collect photos of all the new landmarks, habitats, and interesting combinations of Pokemon who inhabit them. Though while he's currently playing along with the gig, his true goal is to become an accomplished trainer first and fore most.

What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread