Dragail Academy

Started by KnightNelson20, April 27, 2014, 12:38:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CurvyKitten

Name:Inara Mariana Ravus (assuming that is the kings last name, can change it accordingly)
Race:Human
Birthplace:The Kingdom of Kenz
Personality:To the world around her she is a well manner, exceedingly educated and poised young woman. She has the air of royalty around her as did her mother despite the way her father looks down upon her. She holds her head high and tries to keep her strength intact no matter what comes her way.

But within her heart she is anything but a tamed Princess. She has found a way to make sure her voice is heard, even when she has been painfully reminded that she should never speak her mind. When she believes the eyes of the kingdom are else where she is who she has always wanted to be. Knowing that if she was caught her fathers wrath would be like no others. Inara still runs off to explore the woods or towns around them. Taking on learning skills such as archery, guns and swordsmanship.  And for ever proving she is not nearly as tamed or as weak as they would think she is.

Special Skills/Powers: (empty till pair is confirmed/unless dragon)
Soul Weapon: (empty till pair is confirmed)
Bio: Inara was born to be a princess; her grand bloodline was filled with leaders. The daughter of the Emperors new wife, she is not only the youngest but also the only female child. And even as a young child she was expected to honor that blood line to the best of her abilities. Which were expected...no demanded to be the best despite what seemed a weakened state in her younger years.

The small princess was born with a strange affliction that rendered her with a weak heart, and as such always appeared weak in her father’s eyes, a disgrace to his strong family line. And yet she was the only female so she still held merit and was protected as such. But she had certain skills in getting away from her fathers most skilled guardsmen.  Inara loved the gardens at a young age, and would spend hours getting lost in them. During one of these moments Inara ventured father then she ever had. Then only 7 years old she came upon a strange sight, an egg that was even bigger then she was. Her small imagination went wild and she was certain it was meant for her. So for several days she would come and visit the egg telling it all about her days and sharing how harsh her father had been. Giving the egg a small kiss before leaving she'd wish it goodnight only to come right back the next day.

That is until she was followed by her father’s guards, the King demanding to know where the young girl would wonder off too. When she was discovered they alarm was raised and confusion surrounded the young girl and her treasure. Try as she might Inara was no match for the grown men, the egg taken away as it was a dragon egg and beyond her understanding these magical creatures were hated. Inara was caned by her father and locked away in her room for several weeks, the healers saw to her wounds so there would be no lasting scars or damage...at least to her body. The king saw a need to tame the wild spirit of his daughter before she got to many wrong ideas. And as soon as she was able the lessons began.

Languages, art, history, politics, diplomacy...and countless other lessons were all pushed upon her. She was expected to not only do her best but to be the best. And failures were harshly punished and corrected, though her father was always careful not to leave a lasting mark upon her. And at most times used what she cared about most against her. But her parents always insisted it was for her own good, that she would one day have to rise to the occasion. Sadly as she found out later that meant that she would only be rising to a political marriage.

All those lessons all that time and it would all go to marrying her off. It was after an argument with her father that things started to change within her. She had always been a willful child, but her need for freedom grew tenfold over the next few years. She would sneak out and explore the woods, or towns around their kingdom. Actually getting lost a few times, but as always her father would send his greatest guards and they would bring her back. She took to learning archery and even picking up a sword one day. It was against her father’s orders, but it was clear during her free time she would chose to do or learn whatever she wanted to, though many of her choices were frown upon as they were seen as unlady like.

Her older brothers were always the ones meant for greatness in her father’s eyes. So when the kingdom once again had to show its...reluctant willingness to follow the choice of siding with dragons he was asked to send at least one of his own children to attend the school. There was unrest and choosing who would go was difficult. The King did not wish to send his eldest son, yet he wanted to send someone of skill. It was then Inara spoke up, stating she would freely go. Her father thought it a horrible idea, she was too weak, and would never suit at representing their country. It was then she challenged any of her brothers to a duel or contest of their choosing, only if she won would Inara be allowed to go. Thinking this would not only make his choice easier but also put the young hot blooded princess in her place The King agreed. And to everyone's surprise no matter that challenge Inara stood the victor.

Unable to deny his word King Ravus sent his daughter to the academy. Knowing he'd get something in his favor no matter the outcome. If she failed and fell while trying to bond with a dragon she'd be out of his hair, and the other kingdoms would allow leave him be to seemingly mourn the loss. But if she succeeded Inara would make him and the kingdom look well favored in rest of the world’s eyes. No matter the outcome he was sure he'd be happy with it. And Inara could not have been happier about leaving the cage of her life and the harsh eyes of her father behind, feeling as if she were free for the first time in her life.
more pictures
More human
Half form

Drake Valentine

Be awhile I finish sheet. Been sick last few days.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

MelisaArtemis

Hmm... the premise kind of reminds me of Seikoku no Ryuu kishi... I Like it. I'll see if I can get another person to join the game as my partner.

Metro Mech

If you want to make a female dragon I would be open
Currently looking for a RP? Why not give my Thread a little look see, see if you can't find something you like?
A/A <- check here if I haven't replied in some time
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
Behold my O/O

MelisaArtemis

I'm thinking of making a female rider actually. The person I'm talking about is kinda.... my partner when it comes to pair character play :)

Metro Mech

Currently looking for a RP? Why not give my Thread a little look see, see if you can't find something you like?
Behold my O/O

MelisaArtemis

KnightNelson20

Ill be going more into how the story/rp will be played soon so be on the lookout for an update.

Metro Mech

Behold my O/O

BlackLightning

Ok, I'm here. MelisaArtemis invited me to give this RP a look and it seems quite interesting. I'll get a character sheet up soon.

Ok, I'm here. MelisaArtemis invited me to give this RP a look and it seems quite interesting. I'll get a character sheet up soon.

Dragon Form
human / half human form
Name: Shinryuu
Race: Black Lightning Dragon
Birthplace: Gravis
Personality: Proud and anti-social but surprisingly gentle and kind to others despite his rather scary look
Special Skills/Powers: High speed flight, he can fly so fast in his dragon form that he creates afterimage. He also breathes thunder blast instead of fire.
Bio: Shinryuu or Shin as he is also called by those close to him was born at the harsh land of grevis. One of the more rare flying dragon breed, he is unique both for his color and his element. Growing up in the harsh environment taught him to survive and tempers his strength. Having lost his real parents in his childhood, he was adopted and raised by a human who taught him of relationship between human and dragon. Several years later, rumour arise of a black dragon protecting human city from another dragon attack which the academy sends an envoy to investigate. Later, the same envoy invites him to the academy, promising that he will be stronger once he found his "Fated" partner, an offer than Shin readily accepts.
more pictures

KnightNelson20

Hey BL i love the dragon but i have to ask you to limit you dragons abilities. Each dragon is special in one specific thing. If you have control of an element then you and your rider get resistance to it. To have resistance to all elements would be a skill of its own. Highspeed flight/movement is also a skill of its own.

Metro Mech

We still need more female dragons 
Behold my O/O

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Godric the Radical on May 05, 2014, 12:31:10 PM
We still need more female dragons 

Actually we have If I am not mistaken...

3 male dragons
1 female dragon

1 female human
2 male human

So with thought numbers we actually need a few at least one more human to pair off with the dragons. Now if the writers don't want to write with a same sex counter part then we need 2 more female humans, and one female dragon. But I never assume anything when it comes to that preference as my characters very in that area sometimes LOL. Again this is just what it looks like to me, :) Hopefully we get a few more solid players I know its hard to attract attention for a game that requires partners sometimes. This is so people can see we still welcome and need all types and aren't trying to limit anyway. :)

KnightNelson20

Name: Kyrium
Race: Dragon
Birthplace: Kenz
Personality: Protective, insightful, caring, cold, proud, reckless
Special Skills/Powers: Wind Magic
Bio:
Kyrium always knew who he was fated to be with. From before he was even born. The sound of her voice, her stories, her hands, and her kisses. Even as an egg she showed him love. But when he was born she was gone. Instead Krium was met with chains and guards. "If you are to be of use to Inara one day you will do so properly. I will not have two disappointments." These were the first words spoken to Kyrium after his hatching. Not the voice he remembered. But he was clearly one he wouldn't forget. He had heard stories of him. King Ravus. Kyrium didn't speak. He wasn't worthy of his words.

Kyrium's days were filled with proper knight training. His nights with battles against fully paired dragons. King Ravus was ruthless. But Kyrium endured knowing that it would lead to Inara. Kyrium was a land dragon, King Ravus felt this another weakness when compared to the strength of the flying dragons in him guard. One of the rare time Kyrium ever spoke to Ravus he called him a fool for the fact. Kyriums control of wind though not as powerful as a flying dragons would be is destructive when matched with his natural strength as a land dragon. And Kyrium's harsh training only increased his talents.

When Inara was being sent away, King Ravus came and released Kyrium. "Protect her. But never speak of my keeping you. If you dragons put so much stock in your bonds. Show me you're both not useless." For the first time Kyrium felt a slight respect for the man. Enough to at least acknowledge him as such. "Of Course King Ravus." As a taunt Kyrium even bowed before he walked away.
Dragon Form

CarnivalOfTheGoat

I do hope you'll excuse my complicating the dilemma regarding "how many what of which gender" a bit.

I confess I was tempted to throw a mildly sadistic male dragon in with purely male/male inclinations and was a little disappointed to see that it looks like there isn't much in the way of pairing options for one such.

Then again...Oh snap. That doesn't mean the GM couldn't bond him with a female, but that would end up being one hell of an interesting relationship and a bond with all kinds of built-in troubles. Not for someone who didn't enjoy almost pathologically conflicted relationships. (Why yes I just might.)

Warning: this spoiler contains a small slice of antagonistic queer dragon stuck in relationship hell
"Yeah, that raging horny feeling you had all last night? I am seeing someone else. And you know what? When I'm fucking him, I pretend he's you. But with a dick."

Edit: This is actually starting to appeal to me in a perversely twisted sort of way. The potential for constantly shifting power exchanges based on need for essence or co-operation to accomplish various things, not to mention angry reluctant "Damn it, stop gloating, this is only turning me on because it's turning you on and our minds are linked." make-up sex. Obviously not for everyone...

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

KnightNelson20

Pairings are as they wish to be. As long as pairs come to agree I don't mind others preferences.

BlackLightning

Quote from: KnightNelson20 on May 05, 2014, 12:02:12 PM
Hey BL i love the dragon but i have to ask you to limit you dragons abilities. Each dragon is special in one specific thing. If you have control of an element then you and your rider get resistance to it. To have resistance to all elements would be a skill of its own. Highspeed flight/movement is also a skill of its own.

done. I was thinking about resistance against basic element like wind force when flying, not another dragon attack or something like that. lets face it, having your rider fall of because of wind force when you're flying kinda beats the purpose of having one, don't you think? or getting electrocuted to death when flying on rainy weather would 1 hell of a funny way to die.

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Quote from: BlackLightning on May 05, 2014, 09:52:56 PM
done. I was thinking about resistance against basic element like wind force when flying, not another dragon attack or something like that. lets face it, having your rider fall of because of wind force when you're flying kinda beats the purpose of having one, don't you think? or getting electrocuted to death when flying on rainy weather would 1 hell of a funny way to die.

If I may make a suggestion about this:

The "wind force" argument might mean that some dragon riders use saddles, and some don't.

It seems to me tha the lightning argument supports KnightNelson20's decision by using "rule of cool," i.e., dragon/rider pairs with electrical power can "ride the storm" with impunity, it becomes "friendly" weather for them, perhaps even helpful, while for others without that power it is dangerous and terrible. This seems like it would reflect similar benefits that might be enjoyed by, for instance, a frost/cold dragon/rider pair in a snowy environment (slows others down, saps heat even from fire dragons) or a fire dragon/rider pair in a forest-fire/volcanic or lava environment.

In each case, "rule of cool" suggests that special powers which match the environment should give dramatic bonuses (and even home turf advantage perhaps) to dragon/rider pairs whose powers match, and be a challenge to those with "opposing" powers.

It makes choosing powers matter for something besides "what is the special effect of my breath weapon/color of my dragon."

Which is cool.

Even if you aren't part of an ice dragon/rider pair. ;D

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

LeSane

Name:
TenrinJoo
Race:
Land based Dragon
Birthplace:
Gravis
Personality:
A prideful and arrogant dragon who is also ruthless and hungry for power and conflict. He's an extremist who believes that a good end justified the means no matter how terrible the means are, and harbors a severe inferiority complex to dragons whom boast their flying capabilities. In short, he can be a honorable being who truly wishes the best for all, but his delusional pride and extremist views can make him drunk with power, corrupting his judgment and leading him to orchestrate heinous actions at times. He has a strange belief that aspects such as power and words without purpose were meaningless, and with a purpose they could make the impossible into the possible.
Special Skills/Powers:
Magma Mimicry (base Ability)
The user is made up of or can transform their body completely into magma/molten stone. Users transformed form can be either anatomically identical to their normal form, aside of being made of magma, in which case it contains all to organs and is somewhat vulnerable to attacks. Alternately user can transform into homogeneous matter, without any part of their form being more important than the other.
Geo-Thermokinetic Constructs (Sub-power via above)
The power to create tools, objects, weapons, armor, and even appendages out of magma. The user can turn magma into tools, objects, weapons and other items, create semi-living constructs and/or create structures/buildings of varying permanence.

Soul Weapon:
Unknown...
Bio:
It is unknown who is is fated with due to soon after he'd been selected his egg was tossed into a fissure only to be comforted by the harsh heat of the earth, and the embrace of magma against his shell. TenrinJoo is originally a burrowing dragon who lived in a mountainous area defeating anyone who claimed to threaten his home. One day he proclaimed his dissatisfaction and desire for a stronger opponent, but was suddenly approached by a scout of King Ravus proclaiming the young dragon would find what he desired in The Kingdom of Kenz. Not interested due to his belief he was too strong to be the rule of a human and derided Ravus, saying he didn't want to be in the same ranks as weaklings, which caused the king to attempt to use force to make TenrinJoo join him.

After an arduous fight with a dragon of Kenz, which left him marveling at each their skill, TenrinJoo let the match settle as a draw and promised to join as long as the fights were as interesting as the one. It wasn't until he met a human male that he could see as some kind of mentor who had once fought against dragons. "The world has become a boring place. That fool claims he'll uproot UDHAN. He has this grand plan for it all. He actually thinks he can accomplish such a task. Ridiculous!" the young dragon agreed with his 'mentor' until his untimely death, and he was blamed for the his masters demise without a shred of proof. The King claimed he was more of a risk than an asset; and gave the dragon two choices. The first being he found a suitable partner in which to bond with or to kneel before The King in servitude. As much as he did not desire to be paired with a meager human it seemed better than bow before such a devious tyrant.

more pictures
Molten Dragon Form, Original Dragon FormHalf-Dragon
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

KnightNelson20

Quote from: Scarification on May 06, 2014, 03:19:11 PM
Name:
TenrinJoo
Race:
Land based Dragon
Birthplace:
Gravis
Personality:
A prideful and arrogant dragon who is also ruthless and hungry for power and conflict. He's an extremist who believes that a good end justified the means no matter how terrible the means are, and harbors a severe inferiority complex to dragons whom boast their flying capabilities. In short, he can be a honorable being who truly wishes the best for all, but his delusional pride and extremist views can make him drunk with power, corrupting his judgment and leading him to orchestrate heinous actions at times. He has a strange belief that aspects such as power and words without purpose were meaningless, and with a purpose they could make the impossible into the possible.
Special Skills/Powers:
Magma Mimicry (base Ability)
The user is made up of or can transform their body completely into magma/molten stone. Users transformed form can be either anatomically identical to their normal form, aside of being made of magma, in which case it contains all to organs and is somewhat vulnerable to attacks. Alternately user can transform into homogeneous matter, without any part of their form being more important than the other.
Geo-Thermokinetic Constructs (Sub-power via above)
The power to create tools, objects, weapons, armor, and even appendages out of magma. The user can turn magma into tools, objects, weapons and other items, create semi-living constructs and/or create structures/buildings of varying permanence.

Soul Weapon:
Unknown...
Bio:
It is unknown who is is fated with due to soon after he'd been selected his egg was tossed into a fissure only to be comforted by the harsh heat of the earth, and the embrace of magma against his shell. TenrinJoo is originally a burrowing dragon who lived in a mountainous area defeating anyone who claimed to threaten his home. One day he proclaimed his dissatisfaction and desire for a stronger opponent, but was suddenly approached by a scout of King Ravus proclaiming the young dragon would find what he desired in The Kingdom of Kenz. Not interested due to his belief he was too strong to be the rule of a human and derided Ravus, saying he didn't want to be in the same ranks as weaklings, which caused the king to attempt to use force to make TenrinJoo join him.

After an arduous fight with a dragon of Kenz, which left him marveling at each their skill, TenrinJoo let the match settle as a draw and promised to join as long as the fights were as interesting as the one. It wasn't until he met a human male that he could see as some kind of mentor who had once fought against dragons. "The world has become a boring place. That fool claims he'll uproot UDHAN. He has this grand plan for it all. He actually thinks he can accomplish such a task. Ridiculous!" the young dragon agreed with his 'mentor' until his untimely death, and he was blamed for the his masters demise without a shred of proof. The King claimed he was more of a risk than an asset; sealing away most of his powers until one of two things happened. The first being he found a suitable partner in which to bond with or to kneel before The King in servitude.

more pictures
Molten Dragon Form, Original Dragon FormHalf-Dragon

A few things. I dont mind you being able to shift into a molten form but i will state that even your bonded mate would not be able to ride you in this form. They will also be unable to turn into magma themselves. As for controlling the constructs your create out of Magma that will be allowed. Also as a land dragon your magic will be lesser of a flying dragon. So a dragon with affinity for fire or heat would be able to withstand your heat and easily break your constructs. But to rush them in a magmatized form would be more effective and overpower them as the physical aspect.

I like your background, the only thing i have to say is that a dragons power can not be sealed by anyone/thing other than an ancient spell known only to, ancients of course and few other dragons that are able to access that level of knowledge from the Dracona. (dragons mental database) To date the only immature dragon able to access such knowledge is Shizuka and only because of her linage. She lacks enough essence to use such a ability thou.

Dragons abilities are only limited to the amount of essence they have as it serves as their energy. Dragons will always retain 25% of their essence until death. But at 25% a dragon can barely maintain half shifted form. A dragon must have at least 80% essence for a full dragon shift. I will be soon adding how essence is used and gained, as well as how battles and such work later tonight after im off work.

Till then lets find some humans for these dragons!

Divine Tenacity

Hey Scarification asked me if I could join in as his rider? Do you mind if I join this little party?

Name: Rey'Na Darkfire
Race: Human
Birthplace: Gravis
Personality: Brash, outspoken, tenacious, disciplined, blunt
Special Skills/Powers: (empty till pair is confirmed/unless dragon)
Bio: Reyna grew up in a small village that never seem to have a lucky streak. This place was always assaulted by bandit raids and plagues, invaders and the like. Reyna lost her parents at a very young age due to the chaotic nature of their village. She was forced from her home and was doomed to roam the land as a soon to be dead vagrant before she was found by a small company of knights from Kenz. Their commander was merciful enough to see the girl had some potential and offered to take her in as a personal vassal, training her in the ways of the Knight's Code.

Now at the ripe young age of twenty Reyna has been proven, showing off supreme discipline and a strict follower of the code. her sword skills has also flourished under the previous Knight-Commander's tutelage, making her a formidable opponent. Her skills and strict discipline soon caught the attention of King Ravus. He has charged her with a special task. To watch over the dragon who sought to raise Kenz to the ground, the dragon known as TenrinJoo.
more pictures
Knight Armor
[/left][/i]

Group Games: 0 (pending) | Solo Games: 2  | Post(s) Owed: 2

Check out my Request Thread!

MelisaArtemis

Btw, I know this is quite... late to ask but... is the rider have to be strictly human? I'm just thinking that since we got dragons (a given), then isn't there other races other than human? Elves, kitsunes, demon etc?

KnightNelson20

>.< Well yes and no. Yes as in there are other races that have yet to be exposed. (you sneaky kitty) But riders are primarily human. I knew you would be trouble, making me drop plot hints and such. >.< (curse my honesty)*death*

MelisaArtemis

So... can we have a kitsune dragon rider? or should I make her human? *Is fine with both either way :P*

KnightNelson20

Lets keep everyone human so no one feels left out having secretly wanted an orc or something lol