Heroes of the Ancient World

Started by VandalSavage, December 02, 2008, 05:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VandalSavage

Heroes Antica

Setting: Ancient Rome, Fantasy Heroic

Size: 3-5 players, with guest starring slaves and enemies.

System (Optional, by player): Mutants and Masterminds, 2nd Edition

You do not have to play with a system component.  Writers only desiring Freeform are welcome.

Sample Character Archetypes: Divine mortal (Hercules), Amazon (Hippolyte), Warrior with Magical Equipment (Perseus), Inventor (Daedalus), Sorceress (Circe), Mystic (Tiresias)

Concept: In the ancient world, a monstrous menace to the Roman port of Antica in 63 BC sees the gathering of people with awesome abilities - monstrous, mystical, peerless warriors and persons with abilities thought to belong only to the Gods.  These people are gathered by the Roman philantrophist, the war hero and former Consul Catulus, for the purposes of proactively hunting down further superhuman threats to Rome.  Operating in secrecy from the port of Antica where they first formed, "Victus" defends Rome from the enemies that it cannot admit to the people exist.

You will be members of Victus.  The first adventure covers your team's formation, and subsequent adventures are directed by you:  You will be given a list of Rome's enemies, and will hunt them down, destroy them or capture and enslave them.

Gameplay: There will be two modes of gameplay.

In the Freeform, we first look at the lives of your heroes as they gather in Antica.  After defeating the first menace that brings you together, your Freeform play will take place as you break the will of your captives, dally at your fortress in Antica with a variety of slaves, and interact.  This will be player driven, as will your investigations into the list of Rome's enemies I provide.

In the System, we will meet at a time convenient for all on mIRC and will run a system game involving your attack on one of Rome's enemies.  The enemies will be either "guest starring" other players, or Non-Player characters, depending on who you select from the list.  And sometimes, the enemies may come after you.

I will be accepting applications first: A general character concept and background.  From there, I will assist you in making a system character if appropriate.  Guest stars do not need a system sheet, nor do players who want to be regulars but who want to leave system play up to the other players and myself.

Once a character is approved, I will establish threads to begin interaction, and will supply Non-Player Characters as necessary.

Sianna

I will be in touch regarding a role in this game, of course.

I love what you are able to do with this particular time and place. Your stories of the ancient world are like living history, and I get to /feel/ what I learn being immersed in the plot. I have always been fascinated with ancient Roman and Greek mythology, so the combination is irresistible. Although I don't feel like I have the time to devote to daily writing, I definitely will want to make guest appearances and maybe catch myself a shiny Roman demi-God for a pet. Maybe I will collect them in fact... Hmm.

I'd encourage anyone who enjoys great writing and fascinating stories to jump on this one. VS knows his stuff.

Vella

I would be interested in playing the Mystic type of archtype, though a sorceress does also sound intriguing, both, women of power in their own right.  I do not know this system though having never played in this particular setting.  Is that truly a necessity?  and when would you like the character concept returned?  Please let me know which you would prefer mystic or sorceress and I will set to work on a concept as soon as possible.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

On's and off's
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19527.msg758142#msg758142

RH O/Os  http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=Rhiver

PhantomPistoleer

Ha ha.

I can just see it:

Achilles: Impervious Toughness 15 (Flaw: Heel)

Complication:  Hubris

::laughs::
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

VandalSavage

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on December 03, 2008, 12:07:22 PM
Ha ha.

I can just see it:

Achilles: Impervious Toughness 15 (Flaw: Heel)

Complication:  Hubris

::laughs::

Yes.  That is the very idea.

VandalSavage

Quote from: Vella on December 03, 2008, 10:32:45 AM
I would be interested in playing the Mystic type of archtype, though a sorceress does also sound intriguing, both, women of power in their own right.  I do not know this system though having never played in this particular setting.  Is that truly a necessity?  and when would you like the character concept returned?  Please let me know which you would prefer mystic or sorceress and I will set to work on a concept as soon as possible.

Vella, very good to see you are interested.  Either of your ideas would work marvelously, and I think the team would best be served by a Mystic - one with extra-sensory abilities such as clairvoyance and the like - whereas a Sorceress would be most enjoyable to see in action.

If I had to express a preference, I would prefer the Sorceress.  I like to watch things unusual happen suddenly.

Things are progressing steadily - I have one rough character concept already, and so expect neither a real rush nor flagging momentum.  Once you send me your idea, we can work together to integrate her into the specifics of the setting.

As for the system, I have resource documents that I could provide, and when your idea begins to take definite shape, we'll do the numbers together.  I am positive that any lack of familiarity will be rapidly and casually overcome.

Aestas

I could totally see writing up an entire character sheet for a veiled gorgon.

<3 snake hair. mwahahah.

course, besides turning men to stone.. *coughs* what other sort of abilities would she have? xD

VandalSavage

Quote from: Aestas on December 03, 2008, 12:41:48 PM
I could totally see writing up an entire character sheet for a veiled gorgon.

<3 snake hair. mwahahah.

course, besides turning men to stone.. *coughs* what other sort of abilities would she have? xD

Very good.  I welcome mythical creatures.  And, always, snake hair.

Likely Gorgon powers could include Petrification as you note, Venom and Shape-Changing into a serpentine form or forms.  Variations of Gorgon have also seen powers like Winged Flight, usually bat wings; Clairvoyant or Precognitive Sight; the ability to infect others and transform them and superhumanly skilled archery.

Aestas

Sent a 'first draft' of a char sketch.

VandalSavage

Quote from: Aestas on December 03, 2008, 02:18:15 PM
Sent a 'first draft' of a char sketch.

Great.  That's two, plus a possible regular or guest star, plus a definite guest star.

And that is not counting "Achilles" up there.

Aestas

Character Profile

Sthenae

Race: Gorgon
Description: °¤Gorgon¤°: At first glance she appears to be nothing more than a young woman.  Shapely of form.  A modest veil falling over delicate features, hiding them from view, giving one to wonder if the face beneath the clothe is as sumptuous as the pale skin revealed beneath drapes of linen and ornate jewelry.  That is, until the shift of hair reveals it to be something else entirely.  Long, writhing snakes, in darker shades, dark green, violet-black, maroon.  The moment of stillness passing quickly as the sentient locks of 'hair' shift and turn, snapping at anything that draws to close to the perfection that is her human form.  Should any peek beneath the veil they would see the soft pouty lips, nearly hiding the snake-like fangs.  Large golden eyes tilted at the edges, the pupils appearing to be a slit within the golden irises.
°¤Naga¤°:In her full glory.  The upper torso of a woman.  Pale skin, kissably soft, with the first soft flush of youth.  Though from the waist down she appears to be a snake of untold power.  Long coils constantly shifting until one could not say
exactly how long her body is.  Dark violet scales glinting in the light, paler scales along her 'belly'.  Though even in this form those annoying snakes still curl around her head, hissing at anything nearby and snapping with their poisonous fangs.

Abilities:  Petrification: An active ability, rather than passive.  Under her control to some small degree, though it tends to fall under 'startle reflex' all to often.  The ability to turn a person of flesh and bone into stone.  Venom: Two types.  Her 'pets' have a low-grade poison, which likely will cause a rash, and itch like hell, but is not deadly.  However, her own fangs produce a highly noxious poison which when injected into a human host will freeze their limbs, leaving them alive, but unable to move for a period of time.    Shape-Shifter:Two forms.  That of a human girl with snake-hair.  And that of a Naga.  Accuracy in Archery: As is common in her race, the Gorgon has been trained in the skill of Archery, to the point that it seems Superhuman.. Resistance:To both Aging and natural disease.  Making her long lived and youthful.  Though at 125 years old the Gorgon would be comparable to a 20 year old girl. 

Please note these are just ideas for her abilities, they have not yet been approved or modified into whatever system will be used.

Brief History:

It had happened so quickly.  Her sister had ruled their tiny family with a iron fist.  She was the first among them.  The eldest child of Typhon and Echidna..  With such examples of parentage.. What else could she have become?

Sthenae moved slowly through the rubble strewn garden.  Stone creatures all around her.  Animals.  Reptiles.  Humans.  They stood.  They begged.  They glared defiantly.  Yet all of them had ended up the same..  All save one.  The slender girl stopped before one stone specimen in her contemplation.  The very likeness of a virile human.  Her head resting against his shoulder, the hiss and snap of her companions a they would lunge towards his neck, their fangs snapping against stone, too strong to be bitten, yet that did not stop them from trying.

“Who were you in life?”  Her voice was soft, undoubtedly human, her slender hands slowly caressing that stone chest, perfect still, though it would never again lift with each breath taken, never again would a mighty heart pump underneath it.  Her fingertips finding ruts in the stone, little pieces having chipped away, crumbling to nothing.  Nothing..

That irrational anger bursting from her in the sudden thrust of her body against the statue, she was slight, but the sculpture was top-heavy, and tumbled over rather easily.  The head smashing against a stone, huge chunks rolling away from what was left of the whole.  “Nothing!  All has come to.. nothing..”  The sudden release of anger left her weak.  It was like walking through a battle field.. The dead surrounding her on all sides.  Strange that the ground was so pure, so devoid of the blood that she felt should soak it. 

Of course, this brought her to the point.  The center of this macabre little garden.  The place she had been carefully avoiding even looking at.  She hated her sister.  Loathed the stranglehold she had kept over her siblings.  Until they were but mere appendages, rather than equals.  Golden eyes slowly rising to that dais.  Raised in the center of her sister's playland, it was square, each step bringing one closer to the long bench that lay atop of it.  Specially designed to hold her lately departed loved one in either of her forms.  The lush, inviting, but ultimately deadly human.. Or the long, coiled Naga..

“Oh Sister..”

Sthenae's sibling.  The Monster.  The Bitch.  The 'Hero' Perseus had not even bothered to remove her body.  The stinking remains draped across the bench as she might have been in life.  One long leg curled over the other, her dress revealing the still-perfect flesh.  Their kind resisted aging, and disease, and even now the voluptuous form looked as if it might rise and embrace her..  “Medusa..”  A megalomaniac of the worst kind, luring men with her supple curves and then adding them to her garden, as if they were nothing more than pieces upon a board.  To entertain her.

Yet, sister she had been.  Sometimes tender.. Though more often not.  If her head had not been removed, Sthenae might have reached out to stroke the smooth cheek.. Instead she would lightly draw her arms under the body, heavy in death, though less so in human form, than it might have been in Naga.  The girl slowly trudging from the dais with her burden, her head resting lightly against the dead Gorgon's shoulder, silent tears spilling against smooth flesh. 

She alone wept for the dead serpent-kin.  She alone cared enough to offer her a proper fare-well.  Carefully carrying her sister to the pyre she had built with her own hands.  Not even Euryale, their sister, and the last of the three siblings, cared for naught but that Medusa's death now made her the oldest.  No tears would be shed from her cold golden eyes.

That headless body laid to rest upon the pyre, a moments silent weeping over the often-hated form, before fire would be laid to wood, catching quickly.. The plumes of smoke rising darkly into the sky as near-immortal flesh was slowly consumed.

“Farewell, Sister..”

¤°*°¤

Sthenae was one of the sisters of the infamous Medusa.  As a child she was terrorized by her older sisters.  The girl growing up withdrawn and introverted.  Until the time when her older sister was beheaded, a terrible misunderstanding that nearly tore her family apart.  The head of one that had once been both hated and beloved used as a bargaining chip?  As a gift?  Rage filled her even as she was glad to be free of her sister's stifling influence.  Even as young as she was, for a gorgon, she had a hard decision to make.. To follow in her sister's footsteps and eventually end up flung at the feet of some king..  Or to take her destiny into her own hands..

It was at this time of youthful crisis that the young gorgon was carefully approached by the philanthropist Catulus.  She had been staying in the Balkans. Living in hiding from her true self as well as from her family.  The older gentleman managed to coax her out of her shell.  A tedious thing when dealing with a girl whose first instinct is to turn what scares her to stone!  Yet he must have seen something beneath the surface.  Beneath the scales and her writhing, poisonous companions.  A need for redemption.  A need to be seen as something other than a Monster. 

“The World needs Heroes..” Such a strange thought.  And yet it stayed with her, festered in her dark little heart. Until she found herself heeding his call for adventurers.. For those of certain Power to come to the aide of the land..  But could she overcome her base nature.  Could she be.. Good?

VandalSavage

Quote from: Aestas on December 03, 2008, 03:01:21 PM
Sthenae

Delicious.  We have our resident doomed hero - as if ancient heroes were otherwise.

This is a diverse, balanced character with a background pregnant with complication.  That fits particularly well in a game that will certainly not be one of clear-cut morality, and one fraught with entanglements of passion.

I say this not to encourage similar characters nor to discourage them.  Sthenae certainly has a place - I am very glad we have an archetypical mythical monster - but we have room for the full spectrum of the ancient epics: The flawless but alienated Circes, the charming and ruthless Jasons, the desperate, dear-hearted Odysseuses.

To make a point of clarification, I will list here what the next steps with Sthenae will be.

Aestas has expressed interest in the system component, and so we will begin drafting statistics.  First, I work out her character's abilities with her in a prose format, like above.  Once we have a good idea of her weaknesses and strengths, I will put these into system numerical form myself.

Then I'll present her with the completed sheet, and explain how the abilities she depicted in prose are represented by the numbers.  We will discuss alternatives and adjustments, and the statistics will ultimately be perfected.

From that point, the next time she has to worry about anything to do with numbers will likely be the first time there is a major battle.  Everything else will be, for all intents and purposes, freeform.

Kolbrandr

Kolbrandr

Since it has an initial approval, posting up the backstory (warning, kinda long)

Caius Valerius Argentum

The siege of Syracuse had been a baffling, frustrating and occasionally outright terrifying experience for the Romans. Oh, not for the soldiers themselves, but for the mind at the center of the siege, for the genius it unleashed on Mars’ chosen sons. Rays of energy consuming ships in raging fires. Giant metallic claws grabbing whole maniples and crushing them to gory ruin. Equations so precise the mere speaking of them deformed reality onto itself. Archimedes would not surrender his home without a fight, and the inventor turned all his artifice onto holding it against the Republic.

The Romans did not lack for puissance of their own, and though the cost was bloody, the city eventually fell before them. Just before the end, Archimedes unleashed the last of his creations on the advancing centurions. Inspired by stories of the great bronze warrior, winged Talos, of the tale of Pygmalion and Galatea, he sought to create life in his own image. Working in strange layerings and alloys of silver, he forged a working of synthetic life, of complex internal clockworks and what even looked as organs, shaped in metals. Alchemy and engineering were fused in a being who he had only just imprinted with his intellect,  but now would never have time to transfer his knowledge as well. It was a keen mind all the same, and along with a refined, perfected body, with sculpted silver wings that put those of Talos to shame, it seemed as if to the Romans that the embodied wrath of the gods had been turned onto them.

But however keen it was, the warrior in silver had only a nascent consciousness, with knowledge of nothing, and needing compulsion from the inventor himself to have any idea what to do at all. When the Romans at last managed to kill Archimedes, it seemed as if his living silver sculpture fell inert. In truth his final masterpiece had gone still in order to focus entirely on understanding anything, anything at all, about the dizzying confusion that surrounded him. Enhanced perceptions taking in even the smallest of details, and quickened thoughts attempting to sort some kind of sense or logic out of it, to create some kind of idea of the world, even of language.

In the interim, he ended up a trophy seized by the Valerii, crafted exquisitely enough to make a fine display within their family estate. And still he just listened, and took in detail. The grumbling of soldiers along voyages home, even what the ocean itself must be, he was making his reality for himself, from a starting ground of nothing. All he knew for sure was that it was best to do so while still, movement required thought, and he needed every single one he could muster. And besides, motion would likely lead to what he was understanding as violence, and that would make hope of comprehension impossible.

Many years passed. On sheer intellectual rigor he pieced together the language of those around him, and then applied that analysis as best he could to the things he heard. In the halls of a high powered aristocratic family of Rome, much of what he heard was hardly pleasant. He was eventually able to bring insight to bear, and from simple tone he could make out what were to him baffling attempts to conceal their actual feeling or reaction, all too often. The arrogant, prideful scheming was beginning to make him a touch cynical about these.. humans, in terms of what they seemed to be classified as. He enjoyed far more watching their children at play, at trying to understand the wonder and joy in their eyes, paying a careful attention to the lessons they would sometimes take from slave tutors in their courtyard. It seemed sad to him that the larger humans had apparently had that joy bled out of them, that whatever pleasures they felt seemed by comparison darker, perhaps.. what was that word.. perverse?

Time enough passed where however boundless his intellectual curiosity had been, he decided he had his fill of this world, this Rome. He had learned enough of the shape of reality. His decision came during the violence of the Gracchan era, and the timing of his step back into motion would prove fateful. The back and forth bloodsheds had come to the Valerii. Truth be told, he did not care. But then they came to the children of the Valerii. It was interesting, the silver man thought, to sigh, when he didn’t even need to breathe.

The flash and vigor of their rescue lead them to asking after friends, family, playmates. His thoughts could not escape that all throughout Rome, there were many young eyes that gazed out with wonder. And that if he did nothing, all the light in them would be snuffed out as if they never were. The thought outraged him, even as part of him found outrage entirely new and interesting.

He took another step, but it was instead into the city itself, at times leaping up to let silvery wings carry on the wind. It seemed to the people of Rome as if the gods had beheld a city on the verge of brutal riot, and sent forth their own power to restore peace. For every one that decried their manhandling and injury at some metal juggernaut, ten spoke in hushed awe of a perfect silver man putting out fires, propping up crumbling buildings, pulling people out of trampling crowds and with mighty fists and booming roars scattering would be rioters to the winds. Even if a perceptive few noted his expression looked something like sheer exasperation as he did. Oh, the Gracchi in question died (his life was nowhere near any concern of the figure’s), but the city itself, was saved from itself. All factions had praise spilling from their lips of the deeds of this mysterious hero, Argentum, they were calling him.

The elder Valerii, quick to seize on an advantage, proclaimed that the being was of their home, their family, that it was preserving them that had clearly bade the gods to bring their personal lares, their guardian spirit, to life. That they then magnanimously sent him forth in the name of the Roman people entirely. This was.. yes, the word /is/ perverse, perversely close enough to the truth for what was now Caius Valerius Argentum not to disagree.

After what he had done, he could not simply walk away into obscurity, and he would have to exist somehow, and live somewhere. And he did like the Valerii children. He indulged in being cynical enough to accept the status this would give him.

And so it has been for years since. He has come to terms with Rome, as much he can. He likes their ideals, their dreams of ideals, but their constant failure to live up to them, to even live in mockery of them, seems to him grotesque. It is a poor treatment for such shining thoughts. He finds himself in regular stretches of trying to live up to them, half in spite of all those who do not, half to see if it might otherwise inspire them to. He has otherwise become looked to as the embodied lares of the city of Rome itself. Caius Valerius Argentum, called the Silver Tribune for his more usual association and rescue of Rome’s plebians from their troubles (outside of the now generations of Valerii children he has served as tutor and mentor to, he finds he still cannot stand most of the aristocracy, having had a personal window into their lives). As tensions begin to grow between optimates and populares, so too do grumblings begin to sound about just what this hero of Rome could one day do, but for now Argentum remains as a shining exemplar (if in private, a weary one).

He journeys every so often across the Republic, satisfying curiosities, chasing after the stranger things in the shadows that he has found plaguing the people he guards. He otherwise takes his idle time in educating himself further on the world, in its various disciplines, for his creator’s intellectual hunger lingers in him still. And when his troubles go too heavy for him, he finds a ball, and a park, and children at play, and joins in their games with as warm a laugh as is left him. The Silver Tribune, even to this day, is a friend to children.

It has been in his more shadowy, farwandering conflicts that he was approached by Catulus after the clash at Antica, for the use of his name as a factor to convince others in power of the viability of Victus, his cognitive acumen, and his sheer physicality.

He can see the necessity of it to a certain degree, but like everything else with Rome, he finds it too much to be a case of good idea, horrifying execution. And he wonders if his own involvement with this civilization is becoming very much the same thing.

VandalSavage

Great work, Kolbrandr.

It so happens that a point of your background entwines nicely with another applicant's.  I always love those dramatic ties that bind.

So far, we have, as regular protagonist applicants:

Vella - Sorceress/Mystic

Aestas - Sthenae the Gorgon

Kolbrandr - Caius Valerius Argentum, the Man of Silver

Aestas

Added a bit to the history. :D  just because i was bored >.>  :D

*runs away*

VandalSavage

Very good work, Aestas. 

I particularly liked the touch about the lone statue.  And your description of Medusa's body was truly elegant. 

I hope for the sake of the readers that you will be bored more often, as you do well with it.  I expect, however, that we will manage to keep things exciting. 

PhantomPistoleer

::swoons!::  You're so lucky to have Ae playing your game, V!

Petrification 10: (Extra: Continuous, Alternate Save: Will; Flaw: Must Have Eye Contact) [41pp]
Alternate Power: Pheromones 10: (Extra: Selective Attack; Flaw: Limited (Only Men)

Petrification is a wonderful little power that allows the gorgon to petrify everyone in a kilometer radius if and only if Athenae is at the center of their attention.  Of course, everyone gets a will save (have fun beating a DC 20 will save, heroes!).  To make it fun, the gorgon could release a ton of pheromones to get people to look at her and voila!  Suckers. :D

(Petrification is on Pg. 177 of ULTIMATE POWER)

Have fun, Ae!  V is a wonderful storyteller. ^_^
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

VandalSavage

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on December 03, 2008, 08:48:42 PM
::swoons!::  You're so lucky to have Ae playing your game, V!

I am becoming increasingly aware of this.

Petrification is a wonderful little power that allows the gorgon to petrify everyone in a kilometer radius if and only if Athenae is at the center of their attention.  Of course, everyone gets a will save (have fun beating a DC 20 will save, heroes!).  To make it fun, the gorgon could release a ton of pheromones to get people to look at her and voila!  Suckers. :D

Hm.  Pheromones.  Yes.  Hadn't thought of that.

It leads to another idea for a power, Aestas - heightened sense of smell.  A snake would most certainly have that, and it could be a remarkable asset for a team tasked with assignments so often related to tracking.

Perhaps some mesmerism as well?  If not her eyes - though that too is an option - her presence alone?

(Petrification is on Pg. 177 of ULTIMATE POWER)

Have fun, Ae!  V is a wonderful storyteller. ^_^

Thanks for the page reference, PhantomPistoleer.  And thank you very much for the praise.

PhantomPistoleer

The snake also has tremor sense and super-movement (slither).

She could also do Anatomic Separation for her snake hair, so she could have little snakes running around everywhere. Have a mental link to them, too, so she knows what happens without being too conspicuous.  (Now I'm just tossing ideas like a madman).
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Sianna

And what wonderful ideas they are. This will be an exciting story with such good writers, great backgrounds (Kudos Aestas and Kolbrandr), character concepts (your enthusiasm is contagious Phantom). All this in my personal favorite time and place. I can already feel the energy building.

Transgirlenstein

Oh wow, I really like this idea.  Let me think up a concept and will send it your way.  I am thinking a satyr worshipper of Bacchus.  Probaly a male since satyrs were typically male and the game all ready has two females.
Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

Aestas

Quote from: VandalSavage on December 03, 2008, 08:52:00 PM
Hm.  Pheromones.  Yes.  Hadn't thought of that.

It leads to another idea for a power, Aestas - heightened sense of smell.  A snake would most certainly have that, and it could be a remarkable asset for a team tasked with assignments so often related to tracking.

Perhaps some mesmerism as well?  If not her eyes - though that too is an option - her presence alone?

Pheromones sound good.  I know normally when I design my characters I tend to err on the side of them being too weak, than too strong. XD so i tried to keep it simple.

I'm not sure about smell.  Since snakes usually 'taste' rather than actually smell..  but the idea below, the 'tremor sense' would work for me.  And produce about the same results, only instead of 'smelling' something or some one, i would feel their movements?

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on December 03, 2008, 09:18:32 PM
The snake also has tremor sense and super-movement (slither).

She could also do Anatomic Separation for her snake hair, so she could have little snakes running around everywhere. Have a mental link to them, too, so she knows what happens without being too conspicuous.  (Now I'm just tossing ideas like a madman).

I am totally not a fan of little snakes running around everywhere though!  *gets creeped out and giggles.*  But I am a big fan of having Super Movement (slither) for when shes in Naga form.  Will she be able to move upwards on any porous surface, and whatnot?  The way a snake slithers up a tree trunk?

PS  Thanks for the compliments. :}  I rather liked the story myself and thought it might give a glimpse into her oddly dual nature.  :D  Hopefully I can develop that more during the story. I expect her to be somewhat sarcastic and slightly abrasive when faced with the other 'heroes'.

VandalSavage

Quote from: Aestas on December 04, 2008, 12:28:42 PM
Pheromones sound good.  I know normally when I design my characters I tend to err on the side of them being too weak, than too strong. XD so i tried to keep it simple.

We will add Pheromones to the list.

I'm not sure about smell.  Since snakes usually 'taste' rather than actually smell..  but the idea below, the 'tremor sense' would work for me.  And produce about the same results, only instead of 'smelling' something or some one, i would feel their movements?

I believe that sensing movement is precisely what that means.  How about having your super Senses be Taste and Tremor Sense?

I am totally not a fan of little snakes running around everywhere though!  *gets creeped out and giggles.*  But I am a big fan of having Super Movement (slither) for when shes in Naga form.  Will she be able to move upwards on any porous surface, and whatnot?  The way a snake slithers up a tree trunk?

I will look into the specifics of that power, but I think the concept is too good to pass up.  Whatever lets her slither up walls, trees and towers, we will see that she gets it.

PS  Thanks for the compliments. :}  I rather liked the story myself and thought it might give a glimpse into her oddly dual nature.  :D  Hopefully I can develop that more during the story. I expect her to be somewhat sarcastic and slightly abrasive when faced with the other 'heroes'.

Very interesting.  This will be a great dynamic, I think.

[/quote]

Kolbrandr

Sent in some rough stats. And thanks for the praise on the backstory all.