News:

"The Most Precious Jewel [One Shot: NC-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Heroes of the Ancient World

Started by VandalSavage, December 02, 2008, 05:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kolbrandr

For sake of bookeeping and for ease of reference for when this thread falls off the board, do you want us to post up formalized stats, backstories descriptions and the like in the ooc thread?

VandalSavage

Quote from: Kolbrandr on December 06, 2008, 10:26:20 PM
For sake of bookeeping and for ease of reference for when this thread falls off the board, do you want us to post up formalized stats, backstories descriptions and the like in the ooc thread?

Fine idea.  I have opened a thread for that, here.

Vella

Back story and basic idea for Sibyl the mystic.  If you could Vandal, as I do not know the system, a bit of assistance please?

Name: Sibyl
Class: Mystic
Deity: Cybele

Physical description:  5'8" 130 lbs.  Fairly lithe with soft curves.  Deep black hair to mid thigh. Olive complexion.  Light blue, almost white eyes fringed with thick black lashes.  Moves cautiously almost slowly.

Attire:  Long white shift almost togaesque, sleeveless.  Gold bracelets, dangling earrings and torque with leather and gold sandals.  A soft long, oversized white hooded cloak with brass clasp at her throat is worn when needed.  A satchel, also white, is carried with her.  Some small personal items inside along with a curved ornate dagger and a few coins and a chunk of sparkling amethyst, rubbed smooth in spots.

Born blind (hence the near white eyes) Sibyl was raised carefully.  The lack of sight bringing with it the gift of second sight.  Her cautious careful movements simply her way of making her way through the world.  Her hearring as well as her sense of smell and touch greatly magnified to the point where she rarely needs guidance to walk through a normal day to day life.  Her cautious steps gracefully see her through many situations so that some may not realize she is actually sightless.

Her touch is always questioning as this is, as well as her hearring are her way of discovering the world around her.  Touch is also her method of divination.  Touching or holding an object brings visions she could not see with her sightless eyes. 

Once she had reached her majority, after a life of careful training at the temple, she began her duties. 

Generally fearless, Sibyl tends to be overly curious, again due to her lack of sight.  Music one of her greatest passions she will stop everything to listen, giving alms to any who gift her with their music.

Abilities: [28pp]
STR 10
DEX 12
CON 10
INT 16
WIS 22
CHA 18

Saves: [19pp]
Toughness +0
Fortitude +5
Reflex +8
Will +14

Skills: [17pp]
Acrobatics 8
Concentration 10
Diplomacy 8
Knowledge (arcane lore) 8
Notice 8
Search 8
Sense Motive 10
Sleight of Hand 8

Feats: [12pp]
All-Out Attack
Attack Focus (Dagger) 3
Attractive 1
Evasion
Fearless
Power Attack
Ritualist
Trance
Ultimate Save (Will)
Uncanny Dodge

Powers: [40pp]
Healing 5 [Persistent, Regrowth]

Super-Senses [33pp]
::Awareness 4 [Cosmic, Divine, Magical, Mental]
::Blindsight 4
::Communication Link 1 [Variable, one person at a time, thought and feeling]
::Danger Sense 1
::Direction Sense 1
::Distance Sense 1
::Hearing [Accurate 2, Extended 2, Radius 2]
::Microscopic Vision 2 [Flaw: Touch only]
::Postcognition 4 [Flaw: Touch only]
::Precognition 4
::Scent 1
::Time Sense 1
::Touch [Acute 1]
::Tremorsense 3
::Ultra-Hearing 1

Combat: [36pp]
Attack +8/+14 with dagger
Defense +11

Drawbacks: [4pp]
Disability [Blind]
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

On's and off's
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19527.msg758142#msg758142

RH O/Os  http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=Rhiver

VandalSavage

Quote from: Vella on December 06, 2008, 11:20:34 PM
Back story and basic idea for Sibyl the mystic.  If you could Vandal, as I do not know the system, a bit of assistance please?

=====

Sorry this took so long, real life is such a pain sometimes.  Hope this is all right Vandal.  I am open to any changes you wish to make.

Quite alright, Vella.  I approve the concept, and enjoy it.  A fusion of Tiresias and Daredevil with many touches to make her distinctive.

Her fascination with music is particularly delightful.  She will be meeting characters who she can bond with on that point.

Now by all means, since the concept is approved, you may begin interaction on the I.C. thread.

Should you have any questions about that, by all means, ask.

PhantomPistoleer

Bringing Down the Gates: Seven Against Thebes (10 PL/150pp)

Statistics
STR: 16 (+3)/20 (+5) DEX: 16 (+3) /20 (+5) CON: 16 (+3) /20 (+5) WIS: 14 (+2)  INT: 14 (+2) CHA: 14 (+2)/26 (+8)

Skills
Acrobatics 5 (+10); Bluff 6 (+8/+20); Climb 5 (+10); Diplomacy 6 (+14);] Gather Information 6 (+14);; Intimidate 6 (+8/+14); Knowledge (Geography) 2 (+4); Knowledge (The Gods) 2 (+4); Knowledge (Tactics) 6 (+8); Notice 6 (+8); Ride 2 (+7); Sense Motive 6 (+8//+20); Survival 5 (+7); Stealth 5 (+10);

Feats
Fighting Style: Legendary Argonaut ( Critical Strike (Spear 19-20), Interpose, Set-Up, Takedown Attack)

Attack Focus 4, Dodge Focus 4, Equipment, Fearless, Leadership, Master Plan

Powers:

Grace of Grey-Eyed Athena [9pp]
Super Senses 1: Awareness (See Divine)
Device 4 (Flaw: Easy to Lose, Flaw: Never Against Olympians) [8pp]

Olympian Deification [12pp]
Super Senses 10: True Sight;
Alternate Power: Regeneration 10 (Resurrection 10);
Alternate Power: Teleportation 10 (Flaw: Anchor [Only to Mt. Olympus])

Human Excellence (Diomed Virtue): [13pp]
Enhanced Strength 4 [5pp]
Alternate: Super Strength 2
Enhanced Dexterity 4 [4pp]
Enhanced Constitution 4 [4pp]

Epogenic Avatar Heaven [26pp]
Avatar of Diomedes:  Master of the Battlecry: Sonic Control 10 (Flaw: Tiring); Linked: Emotion Control 10 (Flaw: Only One Emotion (Fear);
Alternate: Avatar of Alcmaeon:  Madness of the PosessorMind Shield 10, Super Senses 8: (Postcognition, Precognition); Comprehend (Objects);
Alternate: Avatar of Amphilochus: Insight into the Heavens; Weather Control 10;
Alternate:  Avatar of Euryalus: Fists of the Accomplished Pugilist; Attack Specialization 2 (Unarmed); Chokehold; Critical Strike; Elusive Target; Endurance; Evasion 2; Improved Block; Improved Grab; Improved Grapple; Improved Pin; Improved Throw; Improved Trip; Martial Strike 1; Power Attack; Prone Fighting; Stunning Attack; Taunt; Uncanny Dodge (Sight);
Alternate: Avatar of Promachus: Mercurial Genetics; Super Speed 5 (Power Feat: Rapid Strike)
Alternate: Avatar of Sthenelus: Protean Blood; Shapeshift 2 (Flaw: Only Animals); Immunity 3 (Cold, High Pressure, Suffication) Swimming 3;
Alternate: Avatar of Thersander: Beguiling the Sphinx; Enhanced Charisma 12; Mind Reading 2; Bluff 6, Diplomacy 6; Gather Information 6; Sense Motive 6;

Devices
Golden Armor Impervious Toughness 5;
Spear Strike 5 (Feat: Extended Reach, Improved Critical (19-20), Mighty; Leaping 2)

Equipment
Bronze Sword (3L, Mighty, Improved Critical);

Combat
BaB: +6; +10 (melee)
Damage: +5/+6 unarmed; +8 bronze sword; +10 spear
Grapple: +15
BdB: +6 (+10 w/ dodge bonus)
Initiative: +5; (+25)

Saves
TOU 10 (+5 Impervious); FORT 7; REF 8; WILL 9

Drawbacks
Power Loss: Power Loss (Wrath of Gods; Minor; Infrequent) -1pp
vulnerable: Electricity (Major; Frequent) -5pp

Attributes 30 + Skills 14 + Feats 16 + Powers 60 + Combat 24 + Saves 12 + Drawbacks -6: 150

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Kolbrandr

*scratches head* y'know if you ever bite it without your regen power being active, it doesn't help you out?

PhantomPistoleer

Not really; as a free action, I could just switch to regeneration and make my death rolls.  If I fail, I just have to wait until whenever.  Greek deities don't seem to have regenerative powers, but instead, resurrectional powers (Sysiphus, Prometheus, etc.).
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

VandalSavage

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on December 07, 2008, 12:31:17 AM
Bringing Down the Gates: Seven Against Thebes (10 PL/150pp)

This scrappy guy - guys - is (are) approved.  Now for a backstory.

So, just to confirm, we are at this status:

Aestas; Sthenae - Concept approved; statistics pending my composing them

Kolbrandr; Caius Valerius Argentum - Concept approved; statistics approved

PhantomPistoleer; Seven Against Thebes - Concept pending backstory; statistics approved

trippingsatyr; Dionysios - Concept approved; statistics approved

Vella; Sibyl - Concept approved; statistics pending my composing them

wrathflame; Galla - Concept approved; statistics pending my composing them

This means that everyone is approved for Freeform.  Do join Aestas and wrathflame in adjusting to your new home in the Cellar of Mysteries.

Kolbrandr

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on December 07, 2008, 11:40:36 AM
Not really; as a free action, I could just switch to regeneration and make my death rolls.  If I fail, I just have to wait until whenever.  Greek deities don't seem to have regenerative powers, but instead, resurrectional powers (Sysiphus, Prometheus, etc.).

You can't really take a free action if you're incapable of taking actions, is the thing of that, but okay.

VandalSavage

This ...

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on December 07, 2008, 12:31:17 AM

Olympian Deification [12pp]
Super Senses 10: True Sight;
Alternate Power: Regeneration 10 (Resurrection 10);
Alternate Power: Teleportation 10 (Flaw: Anchor [Only to Mt. Olympus])

... plus this ...

Quote from: Kolbrandr on December 07, 2008, 11:47:12 AM
You can't really take a free action if you're incapable of taking actions, is the thing of that, but okay.

... equals:

Note to self: Do not be looking around at random, far-away shit or trying to teleport when in mortal combat.

Otherwise, the Gods will have a good laugh at your expense before they decide whether to resurrect you, or just reincarnate you as a flock of birds on an island nobody knows about.

PhantomPistoleer

I think that the problem, as it stands, is rather artificial.

I could purchase regeneration for 10 pp and have truesight be the alternate effect.  I think that would eliminate the problem.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Aestas

*nudge Kolbrandr into the thread* 

VandalSavage

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on December 07, 2008, 02:59:32 PM
I think that the problem, as it stands, is rather artificial.

I could purchase regeneration for 10 pp and have truesight be the alternate effect.  I think that would eliminate the problem.

Yes, but that would be so weird as to make even my eyebrow climb up.

However, I do not think it is a problem.  I do not see you using Super-Senses when Regeneration is called for to prevent your demise.