Cryocrypt 131: New Genesis *Mul* ROLES ARE OPEN!!!!!!!!!!

Started by Aragem, November 11, 2008, 01:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aragem

Cryocrypt 131:  New Genesis

Earth explodes into a global war of apocalyptic proportions.  Death and famine spreads throughout the planet along with deadly radiation and in order to save humanity from extinction during the devestation; civilians are placed in cryogenisis within CryoCripts to awaken at such a time the planet was habitable for mankind.

100 years past and the earth is healing itself.  However, over the hundreds of  years, many Cypts containing cryo units have been destroyed, whether from the lingering bombs or from earthquakes, or malfunctions, not many survive.

But those that did, released the humans into a wasteland where the rule of the land was survival of the fittest.  The humans were too accostomed to the conveniance of the modern era to relearn survival all over and live as their early ancestors once did. 

However, scientists came up with a solution.  Humans were injected with a cocktail of human and beastial DNA that would allow humans to become stronger, adapt to harsh climates, and survive the wasteland to recreate society. 

However, it came at a terrible price.  Four Generations after the humans awakened, babies were born with slight deformities.  Some with yellow eyes with strangely slit irises, others cut sharp teeth, and some were even born with hooves instead of feet.

The beastial DNA had melded with human gene, creating a race with the combination of human and animals.  Humanity was evolving from itself.  The scientists worked hard to find a cure or to stem to evolution speed.  They were able to produce injections that prevented the change from being too radical, but within 100 years, it had become common for babies to be born with tails, animals ears, or even horns.

500 years past, and humanity, now called Beastials* have managed to repopulate the planet, but they are united under one government ruled by a leader they call the Shephard.  The Shepard's rule is harsh with many rules and his voice praising the glory of the Beastial's over the radio and television. 

However, the Beastial's are changing again.  Now, more and more babies are being born looking more animal than Beastial.  Some are freaks, who never speak, just crawl on malformed hands and feet and act like the animal contained in their DNA.  The beastials were devolving back into their true animal selves.

Those who are able to retain most of their human shape are known as the Elite, while those who look more animal than human are known as the Animals.  A huge social class has spilt what was once the human race, and more and more Animals are becoming less sentient as the process continued.

Yet, a miracle happens.

Somewhere, out over the forbidden wasteland, forgotten, lost, and far from the memory of history.  One crypt remained.  Most of the cryo units have expired, killing their charges within them.  Yet, three cryo units have opened, setting free the last three pure blooded humans in over a 1000 years. 

It is in their blood that the beastials have a chance to retain their sentience and would give Shephard the power he needs to destory his enemies; the Wastelanders who live outside his rule and the rebels.

However, these youths are innocents in a land where the rule is survival of the fittest.  With minds of their own and loyalty to each other, for they are all they have of each other.  They will set out to create a future of their own.  Their own humanity.

About the game. . . .

Now, straight up, this is a story driven game.  Sex will not be a focus in this game.  Though it can take place, depending on the characters, but that shouldn't be the aim of the game. 

Yes, the majority of the players will be furries and nekos or like nekos.  A man with wolf ears and tail, whatever you would call him will be in the game.  If you have a problem with this, then this game isn't for you. 

This game is created by open minded people.  So there is a chance of M/M and F/F in this.  Now if you want to play a straight character, that is fine, however, be warned that he/she could be hit on, assaulted, or even attempted to be seduced by a same sex character. 

Here is what will NOT be in the game.

1.  Scat or toilet sex.

2.  Torture or gore for sexual release.

3.  Godmodding.  No controling other people's characters or making your character into some superhero, able to do anything man.

Now this game has been created with skilled writers in mind.  Or people with decent writing skills.  We're not looking for the next Shakespeare, but we do want someone that can write more than two senteces in their post.  Read my ons and offs for more details about this.

We will be reading your ons and offs and your last posts.  I am not trying to sound mean or anything, but if you aren't approved yet, then please do not post or PM me or Tiamat asking for a role.  We are NOT going to wait for you to get approved.  We want EXPERIENCED writers and players for this game.  If you have just joined Elliquiy and new to the world of RPing online, then please don't attempt to join.

Characters

Only the three youths will be humans.  All the other characters will be furries to neko like people (People with animal ears and tails).  There will be no secret human survivors or alien race that comes down as a plot twist.  Three humans, that's the limit. 

The animals (furries and bestial people) are limited to mammals.  Dogs, cats, squirrels, mice, bears, bulls, etc. . . .

The dominate race on the planet are called Beastials and they come in two brands:

[b]Primals:[/b]  These people are born looking more animal than man.  They are born with fur, whiskers, claws, hooves, and with a skeletal structure that is different from a human's.  These people are shoved back to middle class and lower class.  The majority of them are working manual labor, blue collar jobs.  They aren't allowed among the elite and are prevented from enjoying anything first class.  They are regarded less attractive from their counterparts. . . .

Pristine:  These people are the most human of the Beastials.  They retain most of their human shape and are born with animal tails and ears.  These are the Elite.  They are able to go to the best schools and get the best jobs.  They are always welcomed into first class and are considered beautiful being the most human.  They make up most of the ruling parties in the government.

Human is beautiful, being and becoming human is a far off dream that all of science since the rise of the beastials have been cultivating to do. . . .

So for example you wanted to have a mouse girl.  If she is a human girl with mouse ears and a long tail, then she is a Pristine. 

However, if she has fur, buck teeth, claws, and a snout along with the tail and ears, than she is a Primal.

Here's visual example:

Primals

Pristine

The Roles:

Alright, what you've been waiting for.  The open roles.  You are free to play more than one role.  We're limitiing it to 2 per player at the most.  But if you take on more than one character, we'll expect you to being able to keep the characters different and well developed.

We've seperated the characters into three groups.  Some of the roles are already taken by us.  We do have in mind what kind of character we want for the part, for some of them, just keep what we want in mind and be creative.

The Youths

The three last surviving members are the original human race.  They went into the cryo units in hopes of waking up in a world free of war, but unfortunately, they'll have to fight for their freedom and struggle against the idealism set on their young shoulders of this new strange world.  The youths will be wearing grey jumpsuits with the numbers 131 sewned onto the back.  They'll have very few personal belongings with them that they store in the bottom of the cryounits before their deep sleep.  They will range from 16 to 19 years old.  They aren't called the youths for nothing.

Characters:

Cody:  A shy young man who takes things too seriously.  He wants to be independent, but is helpless in knowing what to do.  He went into the Cryounits with his father at his side.  He remember his father promising that they would build a new store once the war was over. . . however, now Cody has awaken in a world without his father and almost totally alone. . . . except for two others.

Youth 2:  Ryven

Youth 3:  Traci80

Note:  The other two youths may be boys or girls.  Remember, they are teenagers and human too.  No super powers or magics.

Nirvana

Nirvana is the city that Cryocript 131 is located near.  This city is ruled by Saint, A Pristine wolf.  The city is the center of the industrial beastial world with many factories and it's sprawling urban areas.  It is also a hotbed of illegal activities and crime. 

Characters: 

Saint:  The governor of Nirvana.  He is a wolf Pristine with wolfish ears and long thick tail and a cold demeanor.  He was elected governor through nefarious means that didn't make it in the news channels and he isn't afraid to perform nefarious acts or have people perform them to get what he wants.  He just happens to want the youths for his own political gain.  Not to mention, that he does have perversions. . . .

Brant:  Is a twin Equine *horse* like his brother.  They are both Primals with hooves, fur, with legs matching those of horses, along with long manes and horsetails.  His fur is red with a black tail and mane.  Raised on the streets, he has street smarts and links to several criminal groups and the black market.  Having a hand in everything that goes on in the slums of Nirvana and in the backstreets of the city, his name is well known.  However, that doesn't stop him from going out on the field for the right cash.

Bowie:  Is Brants twins.  He is an Equine *horse* like his brother.  While his brother is red, he is golden, and believes himself to be the most beautiful creature on the planet and isn't afraid to say so.  He's very much into looks and will spends hundreds on beauty products.  But don't let his looks or vanity fool you.  He is just as vicious and dangers as his brother.  More so if you dare to mar his looks with a bruises or a scratch.

Saint's Assistant:  Open

Chief of Police:  Open  (This role we had in is for a character who is strict about law and order, thus he/she would have serious problems about Saint being the governor who secretly meets with criminals and employs the twins as those who do his dirty work.)

The Singularity

A cult located within a bunker set into a mountain 20 miles from Nirvana.  The Singularity is led by a 8 foot tall Spider Primal cyborg, who goes by the name of Prime.  Prime sees humanity as shadow of the past and should stay there.  Evolution through techology is what will save the Beastial's from their animal selves.  He follows this believe by assimilating people into the Singularity, a hive mind consisting of his followers, most of whom are spider primals with mammalian Primals and a few Pristines. 

The Singularity specializes in the highest technology in the world, with extensive networking capabilities.  Not to mention it is a fast growing religion within the area and has caused concerns within Nirvana and other surrounding provinces.  Saint, the current leader of Nirvana does what he can to stifle this growing cult, however, due to their sought after technology, he is limited in what he can actually do, other than having what ever cultist that breaks the law within his domain either executed or sentenced for life. 

When the kids awaken, Prime's goal is to either assimilate the youths into the Singularity, possbily drawing more to the cult, or simply kill them, thus ending the human race permenantly. 

Prime:  The Great Triangle

Lady Marrow: Aragem

RagTag Gang:

RagTag Gand is a groups of orphans, runaways, and small time hoods who inhabit an abandoned farmhouse far from the outerskirts of Nirvana.  Ages range from 16 to 21.  This group comes across the youths and not knowing the implication of these humans arrival, accepts them into the gang.

We would like three to five players to play this group.  We're leaving this open for more players to play, but bear in mind that these are castaways and runaways.  Not long lost princes or princesses or secret humans.  These are homeless kids. and should be homeless kids.

We do want someone to be the leader of this gang. 

RagTag Gant Players.

1.  Haibane  *Leader of Ragtag gang*

2.  RogueLady

3. Karmatrik

4. Open

5. Open

Okay, about applying for a role.  PM me or my partner tiamat1972 about the role and how you are going to protray the character.  Tia and I will confer and check out your ons and offs, and last posts.  Then we'll notify you about getting the part.  Please, no hurt feelings if we don't get back with you and/or turn you down. 

This is a story driven project and we want players who are experienced writers and good imaginations.  We may not feel that you have the level of skill that we are looking for.  We'd hate for you to be the poor writer of the group.

NOTE:  Alright, this topic was brought up lately.  It concerns character death.  Since we want to keep this mostly story driven and realistic, there is a chance that your character could be killed or seriously hurt.  I can't promise you that your character won't make it to the end of the game, and my characters face the same threat as do the others.  I know character deaths aren't pleasant, but it may happen in this story.  If you don't think you can handle your character being killed or possibly maim, then this game isn't for you.

I think that is all that I have to say.  If you have any questions about the story PM me or tiamat1972. 

Thank you.

WyzardWhately

I'm interested.  I think it has a lot of potential.  I find especially interesting the lord of the flies kind of aspect to it.  They might have expected there would be people around to tell them what to do when they woke up.  Turns out it's not that way.  A world without any rules but strength and cunning...  Could be a lot of fun.
Look!  I have an ons and offs list now!  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13580.0
It's still really sketchy, though.
Here are my dice rolls: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/player/WyzardWhately/

Aragem

Honestly, I was thining that humanity had rebuilt itself.  But it's in shambles.  It won't be like that the youths are the last human beings on earth.

Huntress

Aragem

Be sure to read my ons and offs when you get the chance.

I want people that can write good character development and interaction.

tiamat1972

Sounds interesting.  Wouldn't mind trying it out when I get approved.

playfullchick76

its interesting, a bit like my future earth themed roleplay that if offered, but got no takers for it. Im not sure how i could play it out, but, if i can, im game.

WyzardWhately

Quote from: Aragem on November 11, 2008, 06:37:57 PM
Honestly, I was thining that humanity had rebuilt itself.  But it's in shambles.  It won't be like that the youths are the last human beings on earth.

Well, I may have misunderstood you.  I pictured there being humans out there, but not so much cities or a lot of organization.  Kind of a Mad Max or otherwise post-apocalyptic vibe.  Maybe you could tell us a little more about the world, and what you think the PCs might do in it?
Look!  I have an ons and offs list now!  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13580.0
It's still really sketchy, though.
Here are my dice rolls: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/player/WyzardWhately/

Aragem

Give me some time.  I'm currently working on the world with someone.  I might be combining this one with one of my other fantasies to make the story more unique and different.

I don't want to do just another post apocalyptic story, those have been done throughly in movies, games, and books.

GrinningHound

Sounds like it could be fun.  Is someone going to be driving the story somehow (like DMing), writing the NPC's and such?

Aragem

Be patient.  I'm hoping that we'll have details and open roles available this weekend.

To be noted.

The story will be deep description, so efficient writers only apply.  The game is focused more on the story, then on sexual nature.  There will be heavy character development and character interaction and nicely detailed story. 

We want good writers; but we aren't expecting anyone on Shakespearen level or even Stephen King's writing skill.  But good enough to keep it rich and interesting. 

More details will be coming soon.

playfullchick76

ok, keep the details coming as they come to you.

Aragem

Roles are open!  Check out the first post for the open roles and the story details!!!

Doomsday

Hmm... I need to say a few things.

1. I'm interested.
2. I'm not a furry.
3. I don't mind furries, but they seem to wish to be identified by the fetish. I don't want people to look at me and go, "That's an assman, he wears it on his sleeve."
4. I've always been curious about this sort of fetish.
5. I've been doing sex-driven stories lately, but this seems like a refreshing change.
6. It almost reminds me of Fallout. If you were ever interested in doing something like that, PM me or Beauty ;)
7. I've been thinking about playing a female character for some time, and I figure I might as well ask you now if you're willing to roleplay with a man playing a woman. If not, I'm more than willing to play a male character.
8. ???
9. Profit!

Aragem

Honestly, yes, this WAS inspired by Fallout 3.  Same idea, waking up from a vault, except you went to sleep when the world you grew up in has gone to hell, and then you wake up in a world vastly changed from what you knew. 

However, there are other stories sorta, kinda like Fallout 3, the whole coming out of a protective vault or deep sleep into a different world.  Rip Van Wrinkle is a good example.  He wakes up and its been decades later. 

Sex CAN take place and most likely will happen, however I don't want that to be the major goals of all the characters.  Sure, that can be people being attracted to each other if it's in their character to do so.  And I am not against a player taking over two characters and having them being a couple.  However, I want the story to be the focus and sex to be a possible plotpoint or reward.  I don't want, for example, the three youths waking up, seeing the world they are in and then each other, and think, "No adults, just us teenagers. . . .LET'S HAVE SEX!!!!"

I have NO problems against a man playing as a woman.  I'm a woman that often plays as a man and my friend Tia mostly play male characters in our RPs. 

What part are you interested in?

Duchess

;can i be 1 of the youths if all not taken already?

Aragem

Roles taken.  Check above.  There are other roles still available.

Doomsday

Quote from: Aragem on November 30, 2008, 12:00:56 AM
Roles taken.  Check above.  There are other roles still available.

I was absent for a week for academic reasons, and it seems the positions of all the youths have been filled, so I'll be withdrawing my interest. Sorry :(

Aragem

It's okay.  No hard feelings.  If you change your mind, just send a PM.

Aragem

Doomsday

Well I reconsidered, and I'll probably be playing. I've got a base for a character down, and she'll be in the RagTag Gang, and the rest is open. She's a pristine Kangaroo person.

Aragem

Okay, we'll put you down for consideration.  I have to go over the applicants with my partner before we make any decisions.  If you are in, I'll send you a PM.

Aragem

Alright, here's how we select players for roles.

You let us know you are interested in join and which role you want to play.  My partner, tiamart1972 and I go over your ons and offs and read your previous posts to see if we like your writing style and if you would be compatible with the game and other players.

If you are in, we'll let you know ASAP.

If you don't hear anything from us, within 48 to 72 hours, then most likely, we don't think you qualify for the game.  Sorry, we hate writing rejection letters so we prefer to "don't call us, we'll call you" thing.

We aren't rejecting you because we don't like you or trying to offend you in anyway.  We are being picky because want this game to be more of a story than an actual game and for that we need good writers with talented imaginations.  So if you don't hear anything, that chances are we don't like your writing style.  Not saying you are a bad player in anyway. 

As a note, please don't put together a character sheet unless we specifically tell you that you are in and your name is in the top post with your role.  We aren't selecting players by their character sheets, but by their ons and offs and their writing skill.  So please don't PM me with character sheets and asking me "Will this do?  I can change it if you want!" 

At least wait until we give you the okay. 

Lastly, constantly PMing me about getting into the game will NOT raise your chances of being accepted.  In fact, it will LOWER your chances.  It's annoying, it makes me feel bad because most likely, we aren't responding because we aren't accepting you, and it makes you appear immature. 

So let's go over it step by step.

1.  You PM me or tiamat1972 that you are interested and what part you want.
2.  We go over your ons and offs and previous posts to judge your writing skill and see if will play well with others.
3.  IF we like what we see and we BOTH give the thumbs up, we'll send you a PM ASAP *Most likely within 48 to 72 hours*.  THAT is when you will put together a character sheet.
4.  IF you don't hear from us, sorry, we don't think this game is for you and we rather not write a rejection letter.

I hope this clears up anything.  And I am sorry for any hurt feelings.  But this is a game tiamar1972 and I created so we do hold the right to say who gets what part.  That doesn't you can't read the thread and enjoy the story. 

Thank you for your time.

Aragem

Okay!  The game has begun!  We still have a few roles open so now is the time to get one while they are available.