To be a Warrior (Mistress and Lion)

Started by Goddess of Night, January 20, 2014, 11:29:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goddess of Night

"You are a woman! You are made to be a wife and mother while your husband fights as a warrior. I don't care about your reasons or your story. I will not teach you. Now begone woman!" Another door slammed in her face, making that fifteen. Zeya had traveled from village to village searching for a person to train her to be a warrior but she always met the same answer. No. She was denied every time because of her gender. A body like hers was not made to be a warrior. Time and time again she was told she was built to bear young and care for the very thing she wanted to be. A warrior. She was tired of having people tell her that she was weak and did not have any other purpose other than to care for young and husband.

A growl of frustration escaped her as she turned around and made her way back to the forest. Even dressed in leather pants and a tunic, like a man, she could not hide what she was. Her body was painstakingly woman from her large breasts, curvy body and small build. Even with her long hair bound and hidden under a helm she would still look and be female.

Once she came to her tent deep in the trees of the forest she went to the altar she had built temporarily and presented herself in prayer. Offering a beautiful knife she had bought with the last of her gold she begged for Ogun to find her a teacher who would look past her body and see into her heart. She pleaded for him to consider her as one of his warriors.
My On/Offs

Looking for roleplay partners with ideas. Any takers? Pm me.

A Mighty Lion

Quote from: MistressEvelyn on January 20, 2014, 11:29:38 PM
"You are a woman! You are made to be a wife and mother while your husband fights as a warrior. I don't care about your reasons or your story. I will not teach you. Now begone woman!" Another door slammed in her face, making that fifteen. Zeya had traveled from village to village searching for a person to train her to be a warrior but she always met the same answer. No. She was denied every time because of her gender. A body like hers was not made to be a warrior. Time and time again she was told she was built to bear young and care for the very thing she wanted to be. A warrior. She was tired of having people tell her that she was weak and did not have any other purpose other than to care for young and husband.

A growl of frustration escaped her as she turned around and made her way back to the forest. Even dressed in leather pants and a tunic, like a man, she could not hide what she was. Her body was painstakingly woman from her large breasts, curvy body and small build. Even with her long hair bound and hidden under a helm she would still look and be female.

Once she came to her tent deep in the trees of the forest she went to the altar she had built temporarily and presented herself in prayer. Offering a beautiful knife she had bought with the last of her gold she begged for Ogun to find her a teacher who would look past her body and see into her heart. She pleaded for him to consider her as one of his warriors.

Tradition was strong, it was the blood of the village and of the people. to break it was to turn one's back on their people. That was what many thought. Perhaps they had forgotten about Ogun and what he stood for. He was never a traditional leader, always allowing chaos in his ranks but always winning a battle. Perhaps letting his warriors drink during battles kept their faith in him, or it kept their allegiance to him. It was not to say he was lacking as a general, it was to say that he did not follow what people believed was an ideal warrior. It was true that not many women prayed to the Orisha in the hopes of finding a teacher of war but it sparked the interest of the Ogun. Perhaps there was somebody as unruly as he was, a woman no less. Before Zeya had finished her plea, Ogun was already in action. Zeya would need to expect a surprise by morning.

Goddess of Night

Quote from: A Mighty Lion on January 20, 2014, 11:51:03 PM
Tradition was strong, it was the blood of the village and of the people. to break it was to turn one's back on their people. That was what many thought. Perhaps they had forgotten about Ogun and what he stood for. He was never a traditional leader, always allowing chaos in his ranks but always winning a battle. Perhaps letting his warriors drink during battles kept their faith in him, or it kept their allegiance to him. It was not to say he was lacking as a general, it was to say that he did not follow what people believed was an ideal warrior. It was true that not many women prayed to the Orisha in the hopes of finding a teacher of war but it sparked the interest of the Ogun. Perhaps there was somebody as unruly as he was, a woman no less. Before Zeya had finished her plea, Ogun was already in action. Zeya would need to expect a surprise by morning.

After her plea of help she knelled there for several minutes before her breath came out in a rush. She didn't know if he heard or even considered her call upon him but at least she tried. She was at the end of her rope by now. There were no more teachers that she knew of. They all rejected her for what she was. Maybe he would send her a teacher from a far off land that wasn't afraid to break the traditions of society.

Standing she went into her tent and undress from the leathers. She put on her nightgown. Although she yearned to be a warrior she still wanted to be a woman at night, at home. To be an independent woman was something she wanted desperately. To protect herself and others without the need of a man but to have a choice of whether to take a man or not in marriage. And if she ever decided upon children she would be able to protect them if she needed to. With a sigh of exhaustion she laid down on her thin caught and tried to sleep.
My On/Offs

A Mighty Lion

Quote from: MistressEvelyn on January 21, 2014, 12:02:12 AM
After her plea of help she knelled there for several minutes before her breath came out in a rush. She didn't know if he heard or even considered her call upon him but at least she tried. She was at the end of her rope by now. There were no more teachers that she knew of. They all rejected her for what she was. Maybe he would send her a teacher from a far off land that wasn't afraid to break the traditions of society.

Standing she went into her tent and undress from the leathers. She put on her nightgown. Although she yearned to be a warrior she still wanted to be a woman at night, at home. To be an independent woman was something she wanted desperately. To protect herself and others without the need of a man but to have a choice of whether to take a man or not in marriage. And if she ever decided upon children she would be able to protect them if she needed to. With a sigh of exhaustion she laid down on her thin caught and tried to sleep.

Eshu had carried Zeya's message to Ogun and stood ready to open the doors that kept the world of spirits separate from the world of man. As Zeya laid down to sleep, the gate was opened, allowing Ogun to step into the world of the living. Ogun walked the land at night. By morning, he had arrived at Zeya's tent. It was 4 in the morning and he stood in the opening of the tent with a cigar in his mouth. He was dressed only in a beautiful green wrap belted with a golden sash, in which his machete was resting. "Get up." his voice said in a deep tone, with the phonetic sound of a Yoruba man. The necklaces of gold chains and feathers rustled in the morning wind. When Zeya did not awaken, he kicked the bedding she was sleeping upon and demanded "Get out of bed!". A warrior had to wake up early for training. If zeya wanted to be a warrior, she had to do what the Orisha told her. Ogun was a master of war, the great warrior, the great general. He may have seemed rough and harsh now, but, Zeya had to learn discipline. After all, Ogun was accustomed to training men. Zeya need to show that she could rise to the level of any man and become a warrior or else she would never be able to achieve what she wanted to. Ogun would show her how, he would remove the obstacles that blocked her path to allow her to move closer to her goal.

Goddess of Night

Quote from: A Mighty Lion on January 21, 2014, 12:20:22 AM
Eshu had carried Zeya's message to Ogun and stood ready to open the doors that kept the world of spirits separate from the world of man. As Zeya laid down to sleep, the gate was opened, allowing Ogun to step into the world of the living. Ogun walked the land at night. By morning, he had arrived at Zeya's tent. It was 4 in the morning and he stood in the opening of the tent with a cigar in his mouth. He was dressed only in a beautiful green wrap belted with a golden sash, in which his machete was resting. "Get up." his voice said in a deep tone, with the phonetic sound of a Yoruba man. The necklaces of gold chains and feathers rustled in the morning wind. When Zeya did not awaken, he kicked the bedding she was sleeping upon and demanded "Get out of bed!". A warrior had to wake up early for training. If zeya wanted to be a warrior, she had to do what the Orisha told her. Ogun was a master of war, the great warrior, the great general. He may have seemed rough and harsh now, but, Zeya had to learn discipline. After all, Ogun was accustomed to training men. Zeya need to show that she could rise to the level of any man and become a warrior or else she would never be able to achieve what she wanted to. Ogun would show her how, he would remove the obstacles that blocked her path to allow her to move closer to her goal.
The first time the voice spoke she thought it was a dream. No one knew of where she had taken up residence. As the voice sounded again she was about to keep sleeping when her cot was kicked. Okay a dream wouldn't be so rude. She bolted upright and blinked her sleepy eyes up at the figure. It took a moment for her eyes to adjust and settle on a large man. She was confused. "Who... who are you and how did you find me here?" She didn't recognize who this man was, having not seen any depictions of him. She wasn't being rude, she was just unknowing.
My On/Offs

A Mighty Lion

Quote from: MistressEvelyn on January 21, 2014, 12:28:29 AM
The first time the voice spoke she thought it was a dream. No one knew of where she had taken up residence. As the voice sounded again she was about to keep sleeping when her cot was kicked. Okay a dream wouldn't be so rude. She bolted upright and blinked her sleepy eyes up at the figure. It took a moment for her eyes to adjust and settle on a large man. She was confused. "Who... who are you and how did you find me here?" She didn't recognize who this man was, having not seen any depictions of him. She wasn't being rude, she was just unknowing.

The Orisha stood at 6 feet 5 inches tall, his eyes had white and his forehead was tattooed in a beautiful pattern. "You called for me. You should know who I am." Ogun replied. Zeya called for Ogun and he knew where to find her, Eshu had told him where. "Now get up. There is work to be done. You've been fooling around for too long." the orisha said. He did not leave the tent so Zeya could dress in privacy, he waited where he stood to make sure she took no beauty sleep. She was a woman, fine. Ogun was not there to flirt or do more, he was there because a woman begged for him to teach her to be as strong as a man. If she wanted privacy, that was too bad. A warrior was not a woman so, to Ogun, Zeya was not a woman during training and training started now.

Goddess of Night

Quote from: A Mighty Lion on January 21, 2014, 12:45:22 AM
The Orisha stood at 6 feet 5 inches tall, his eyes had white and his forehead was tattooed in a beautiful pattern. "You called for me. You should know who I am." Ogun replied. Zeya called for Ogun and he knew where to find her, Eshu had told him where. "Now get up. There is work to be done. You've been fooling around for too long." the orisha said. He did not leave the tent so Zeya could dress in privacy, he waited where he stood to make sure she took no beauty sleep. She was a woman, fine. Ogun was not there to flirt or do more, he was there because a woman begged for him to teach her to be as strong as a man. If she wanted privacy, that was too bad. A warrior was not a woman so, to Ogun, Zeya was not a woman during training and training started now.
Zeya's eyes widened as she finally realized who was in front of her. "Ogun..." His name left her lips as a whisper of awe and reverence. He had answered her call but instead of sending someone else to come he had come himself. She always knew he was her favorite for a reason. Quickly she got to her feet and undressed. She had no embarrassment in her body or shyness. It was obvious that the Orisha had come to train her to be a warrior and a warrior had no gender. She was only nude for a short time before she had her leathers on and she stood in front of him. "I am ready." She bowed to him in respect.
My On/Offs

A Mighty Lion

Quote from: MistressEvelyn on January 21, 2014, 09:11:54 AM
Zeya's eyes widened as she finally realized who was in front of her. "Ogun..." His name left her lips as a whisper of awe and reverence. He had answered her call but instead of sending someone else to come he had come himself. She always knew he was her favorite for a reason. Quickly she got to her feet and undressed. She had no embarrassment in her body or shyness. It was obvious that the Orisha had come to train her to be a warrior and a warrior had no gender. She was only nude for a short time before she had her leathers on and she stood in front of him. "I am ready." She bowed to him in respect.

"In the time it took you to ask me questions and lay around, you could have completed the first part of your training. Remember that next time.".  Ogun stepped outside of the tent and waited for the girl to follow. There was a saber and a shield waiting outside for her. The first part of her training was running. Zeya would have to go for a run each morning, as a warrior had to be able to endure. It was possible that Zeya would encounter hostility on her way, wether from beast or man, so she had to run armed. It would be her first test at defending herself and she had better do it well depending on what enemy came to meet her. Ogun smoked on his cigar while waiting for Zeya. It was early morning, and she moved slowly. That would have to be fixed so that she could mobilize just upon smelling the scent of Ogun's cigars.

Goddess of Night

Quote from: A Mighty Lion on January 21, 2014, 01:10:56 PM
"In the time it took you to ask me questions and lay around, you could have completed the first part of your training. Remember that next time.".  Ogun stepped outside of the tent and waited for the girl to follow. There was a saber and a shield waiting outside for her. The first part of her training was running. Zeya would have to go for a run each morning, as a warrior had to be able to endure. It was possible that Zeya would encounter hostility on her way, wether from beast or man, so she had to run armed. It would be her first test at defending herself and she had better do it well depending on what enemy came to meet her. Ogun smoked on his cigar while waiting for Zeya. It was early morning, and she moved slowly. That would have to be fixed so that she could mobilize just upon smelling the scent of Ogun's cigars.
She bowed her head in shame. "I am sorry, Ogun. I did not realize the situation. I did not recognize you. I will remember." Great, the first time in meeting the Orisha and she already made a fool of herself. Right. No time to dwell on that. She had things to get to. Like being trained by the great Ogun himself. She immediately followed after him and glanced at the saber and shield. She didn't know what she was to do but she stepped forward and took the shield in her left and the saber in her right. Her arms were not weak but she knew she would have to strengthen her arms in order to wield the things for a long time. She turned to Ogun and awaited her orders.
My On/Offs

A Mighty Lion

Quote from: MistressEvelyn on January 21, 2014, 05:42:13 PM
She bowed her head in shame. "I am sorry, Ogun. I did not realize the situation. I did not recognize you. I will remember." Great, the first time in meeting the Orisha and she already made a fool of herself. Right. No time to dwell on that. She had things to get to. Like being trained by the great Ogun himself. She immediately followed after him and glanced at the saber and shield. She didn't know what she was to do but she stepped forward and took the shield in her left and the saber in her right. Her arms were not weak but she knew she would have to strengthen her arms in order to wield the things for a long time. She turned to Ogun and awaited her orders.

"A good warrior must be able to endure when none else can. He must be able to stand when all others fall." Ogun said. Pointing to a mountain in the distance, he instructed "You must run to that mountain and climb to the top. Then you must descend the mountain and return here. The desert is a dangerous place, home to many beasts and hiding other dangers. You will need the shield and sword. If you cannot block, then you must kill. If you cannot kill, then you will never be a warrior. You must learn when you must kill and when you may block. Now go.". Ogun drew his machete and pointed it in the direction of the mountain, symbolizing for Zeya to begin her run. He would be watching her, even when she may think he was nowhere around her. An Orisha could be anywhere he or she wished to be once called into the world of man, Zeya had better know that Ogun would not relieve his attention from a trainee. He was the best of the best and held that above himself in knowing so, knowing that he was the great general and that no man or Orisha had this same role, this same title. Before Zeya made a single step, Ogun smack his across the back before smacking each of her thighs. Many believed that Ogun did this to give his warriors strength. Zeya would need strength to reach the mountain, climb it, and then descend it and come running all the way back.

Goddess of Night

Quote from: A Mighty Lion on January 21, 2014, 08:08:29 PM
"A good warrior must be able to endure when none else can. He must be able to stand when all others fall." Ogun said. Pointing to a mountain in the distance, he instructed "You must run to that mountain and climb to the top. Then you must descend the mountain and return here. The desert is a dangerous place, home to many beasts and hiding other dangers. You will need the shield and sword. If you cannot block, then you must kill. If you cannot kill, then you will never be a warrior. You must learn when you must kill and when you may block. Now go.". Ogun drew his machete and pointed it in the direction of the mountain, symbolizing for Zeya to begin her run. He would be watching her, even when she may think he was nowhere around her. An Orisha could be anywhere he or she wished to be once called into the world of man, Zeya had better know that Ogun would not relieve his attention from a trainee. He was the best of the best and held that above himself in knowing so, knowing that he was the great general and that no man or Orisha had this same role, this same title. Before Zeya made a single step, Ogun smack his across the back before smacking each of her thighs. Many believed that Ogun did this to give his warriors strength. Zeya would need strength to reach the mountain, climb it, and then descend it and come running all the way back.
Her eyes grew wide as she saw how far the mountain seemed to be. He wanted her to run to it, climb it, climb back down and run back to him. On top of that to fight off anything that was determined to stop her. Great. Training never seemed to be a crazy idea to her. Now she was wondering whether she was going to live halfway through the first trial. No! She needed to be determined, stay positive. She could do this. She will do this. The smacks were a bit surprising but she did not question him. Instead she ran forward towards the mountain. Her footsteps were surprisingly quiet and light compared to other men and women.
My On/Offs

A Mighty Lion

Quote from: MistressEvelyn on January 21, 2014, 08:15:28 PM
Her eyes grew wide as she saw how far the mountain seemed to be. He wanted her to run to it, climb it, climb back down and run back to him. On top of that to fight off anything that was determined to stop her. Great. Training never seemed to be a crazy idea to her. Now she was wondering whether she was going to live halfway through the first trial. No! She needed to be determined, stay positive. She could do this. She will do this. The smacks were a bit surprising but she did not question him. Instead she ran forward towards the mountain. Her footsteps were surprisingly quiet and light compared to other men and women.

Ogun waited behind, his cigar glowing in the early morning darkness. The sun would be up in an hour, this was why Zeya should have gotten up and had been ready sooner. In the sun, when it was warmer, it made things harder but it also awakened many more dangerous animals. Venomous snakes dwelled in the desert, as did other animals that were much larger. Zeya would have a dangerous run, but, it was she who called for this training. To doubt Ogun was like to doubt one's self. Ogun of course would make sure Zeya would survive this but she had to trust him. Without trust, there was nothing.

Goddess of Night

Quote from: A Mighty Lion on January 21, 2014, 08:31:33 PM
Ogun waited behind, his cigar glowing in the early morning darkness. The sun would be up in an hour, this was why Zeya should have gotten up and had been ready sooner. In the sun, when it was warmer, it made things harder but it also awakened many more dangerous animals. Venomous snakes dwelled in the desert, as did other animals that were much larger. Zeya would have a dangerous run, but, it was she who called for this training. To doubt Ogun was like to doubt one's self. Ogun of course would make sure Zeya would survive this but she had to trust him. Without trust, there was nothing.
Zeya had gone a few miles before she begun to tire. Her arms especially. The weight of the shield and saber steadily grew heavier with each passing minute. She pushed herself though, fighting through the pain of her tired muscles. Tomorrow was going to be hell. Her body was going to scream at her for putting it through such a big feat so suddenly.
My On/Offs

A Mighty Lion

Quote from: MistressEvelyn on January 21, 2014, 11:16:41 PM
Zeya had gone a few miles before she begun to tire. Her arms especially. The weight of the shield and saber steadily grew heavier with each passing minute. She pushed herself though, fighting through the pain of her tired muscles. Tomorrow was going to be hell. Her body was going to scream at her for putting it through such a big feat so suddenly.

Zeya's body would let her know what pain was on the next day but, until then, she had to do as Ogun said and carry on. He was watching her. As he stood there, dressed wrapped in his beautiful green fabric, a figure with a tall hat stood next to Ogun, his face painted like a skull but his skin that of an African man. In one hand, he gripped a skull topped cane. In the other hand, he held a glass of rum. Clenched in his teeth was a lit cigar and he wore a fine suit, not dressed like Ogun was in a single wrap of fabric that covered his lower body and wrapped up around his left shoulder and arm. "I'll be diggin' her grave if you push her too hard." the figure said, watching Zeya as he stood by Ogun. "I know this. But to become a warrior, she must know pain. And death." Ogun replied. "Oh, she gonna know death a little too closely if you don't pay attention." the newcomer said before taking a sip of his rum. "I know what I am doing, Samedi. This is my matter to handle. ". Ah, so this was the Baron himself, the ruler of the cemeteries and patriarch of the Ghede family. The Ghede were known to be foul-mouthed Loa but very wise and honest in their answering and aiding. "Mouthy bastard, ain't you?" Samedi said with a chuckle. Ogun had no time to answer him, Samedi had retreated to the spirit world again and locked the gate so none of the dead could pass into the world of the living without being called. Ogun kept his eyes on Zeya as she pushed herself. She was doing what many warriors did when they first trained. Poor girl did not know that the following day, when she was in too much pain to move, she would be made to run again. She must keep at it. Ogun would bless her with the strength to do so. She would feel the pain but she would have the strength to push on. Ogun would clear all obstacles to allow this to be done.

Goddess of Night

Quote from: A Mighty Lion on January 21, 2014, 11:36:33 PM
Zeya's body would let her know what pain was on the next day but, until then, she had to do as Ogun said and carry on. He was watching her. As he stood there, dressed wrapped in his beautiful green fabric, a figure with a tall hat stood next to Ogun, his face painted like a skull but his skin that of an African man. In one hand, he gripped a skull topped cane. In the other hand, he held a glass of rum. Clenched in his teeth was a lit cigar and he wore a fine suit, not dressed like Ogun was in a single wrap of fabric that covered his lower body and wrapped up around his left shoulder and arm. "I'll be diggin' her grave if you push her too hard." the figure said, watching Zeya as he stood by Ogun. "I know this. But to become a warrior, she must know pain. And death." Ogun replied. "Oh, she gonna know death a little too closely if you don't pay attention." the newcomer said before taking a sip of his rum. "I know what I am doing, Samedi. This is my matter to handle. ". Ah, so this was the Baron himself, the ruler of the cemeteries and patriarch of the Ghede family. The Ghede were known to be foul-mouthed Loa but very wise and honest in their answering and aiding. "Mouthy bastard, ain't you?" Samedi said with a chuckle. Ogun had no time to answer him, Samedi had retreated to the spirit world again and locked the gate so none of the dead could pass into the world of the living without being called. Ogun kept his eyes on Zeya as she pushed herself. She was doing what many warriors did when they first trained. Poor girl did not know that the following day, when she was in too much pain to move, she would be made to run again. She must keep at it. Ogun would bless her with the strength to do so. She would feel the pain but she would have the strength to push on. Ogun would clear all obstacles to allow this to be done.
Zeya had a good ability to block out pain. She had practiced it ever since her parents were killed. Both physical and mental pain was worked at being blocked since then. Mental pain could drive someone insane, physical pain could incapacitate a person. She blocked out the burning in her legs, arms and lungs. It was a big part of how she could keep going at the pace she was going for so long. Already she was half way to the mountain.

She felt like she was being watched and kept her eyes open and her mind alert for any predators both human and non. The thought of Ogun watching her came to mind. Of course he would be watching her. He had to make sure she did what he had commanded her to do. And she was determined not to disappoint. She had begged for this for so long, she was not going to quit just because its hard. That was what a warrior was.
My On/Offs

A Mighty Lion

Quote from: MistressEvelyn on January 22, 2014, 06:23:57 AM
Zeya had a good ability to block out pain. She had practiced it ever since her parents were killed. Both physical and mental pain was worked at being blocked since then. Mental pain could drive someone insane, physical pain could incapacitate a person. She blocked out the burning in her legs, arms and lungs. It was a big part of how she could keep going at the pace she was going for so long. Already she was half way to the mountain.

She felt like she was being watched and kept her eyes open and her mind alert for any predators both human and non. The thought of Ogun watching her came to mind. Of course he would be watching her. He had to make sure she did what he had commanded her to do. And she was determined not to disappoint. She had begged for this for so long, she was not going to quit just because its hard. That was what a warrior was.

As Zeya ran, Ogun appeared in front of her, causing her to slam into him but not before he caught her as she bounced backwards from the impact. "Take a rest for now. You are pushing far too hard and that is not good." Ogun had Zeya sit under a large tree so that she was blocked from the sun that had now risen. There was nothing worse than being worn out and sitting under a blazing sun. Ogun was at least nice enough to say "That is enough for today. You will begin again in the morning.". It was still morning, which meant Zeya had all day to rest her aching body. As Zeya sat under the tree where Ogun made her to, the Orisha drew a scarlet coloured Gris-Gris bag, also called a Mojo bag, and placed it in Zeya's hand. "Carry this close to your skin for confidence, strength and courage." he explained to Zeya.

Goddess of Night

Quote from: A Mighty Lion on January 22, 2014, 03:52:27 PM
As Zeya ran, Ogun appeared in front of her, causing her to slam into him but not before he caught her as she bounced backwards from the impact. "Take a rest for now. You are pushing far too hard and that is not good." Ogun had Zeya sit under a large tree so that she was blocked from the sun that had now risen. There was nothing worse than being worn out and sitting under a blazing sun. Ogun was at least nice enough to say "That is enough for today. You will begin again in the morning.". It was still morning, which meant Zeya had all day to rest her aching body. As Zeya sat under the tree where Ogun made her to, the Orisha drew a scarlet coloured Gris-Gris bag, also called a Mojo bag, and placed it in Zeya's hand. "Carry this close to your skin for confidence, strength and courage." he explained to Zeya.
Zeya gasped as she bumped into the Oshira. He wasn't affected at all as he caught her from the fall she was going into. The rest he allowed her to have was a surprise and she was deeply grateful for it. She wouldn't have allowed herself to stop until she had completed her task, even if it killed her. As she sat under the tree she made herself stretched her arms, legs, and body. Already she felt sore and tired. When he handed her the bag she held it close and tightly. "Thank you."
My On/Offs

A Mighty Lion

Quote from: MistressEvelyn on January 22, 2014, 04:08:35 PM
Zeya gasped as she bumped into the Oshira. He wasn't affected at all as he caught her from the fall she was going into. The rest he allowed her to have was a surprise and she was deeply grateful for it. She wouldn't have allowed herself to stop until she had completed her task, even if it killed her. As she sat under the tree she made herself stretched her arms, legs, and body. Already she felt sore and tired. When he handed her the bag she held it close and tightly. "Thank you."

Ogun allowed Zeya to relax for a bit. The Gris-Gris was a small talisman made from blessed herbs, roots, oils, powders all wrapped in a colored cloth. It was worn in a way that it touched the skin and gave off it's energy. It had a bigger brother called a Ouanga. The Ouanga was also called a fetish. It was meant to sit on an altar or some area of the room where it could give off it's power. It had a spirit in it, a spirit who was birthed into the mix as the Ouanga was being blessed and prayed over. To use it, the owner of the Ouanga needed to speak to the spirit, just as they spoke to the Orisha/Loa when they needed help. Zeya would do well to get one made for her. They could be made for all kinds of purposes, even to represent one of the Orisha. Zeya could go to her local priest or priestess to have one made. She would need a few of them, likely.

Goddess of Night

Quote from: A Mighty Lion on January 22, 2014, 05:40:56 PM
Ogun allowed Zeya to relax for a bit. The Gris-Gris was a small talisman made from blessed herbs, roots, oils, powders all wrapped in a colored cloth. It was worn in a way that it touched the skin and gave off it's energy. It had a bigger brother called a Ouanga. The Ouanga was also called a fetish. It was meant to sit on an altar or some area of the room where it could give off it's power. It had a spirit in it, a spirit who was birthed into the mix as the Ouanga was being blessed and prayed over. To use it, the owner of the Ouanga needed to speak to the spirit, just as they spoke to the Orisha/Loa when they needed help. Zeya would do well to get one made for her. They could be made for all kinds of purposes, even to represent one of the Orisha. Zeya could go to her local priest or priestess to have one made. She would need a few of them, likely.
Zeya put the bag on her thigh and reached for the leather tie that was around her wrist. Taking it off she pulled up her thick hair and tied it off of her neck. Her slender neck exposed to the slight breeze. It helped to cool her down. "Not that I am not grateful for you, Ogun, but why not send someone else to train me? I am greatly honored by your choice but I am not worthy to be trained by someone as mighty as you.
My On/Offs

A Mighty Lion

Quote from: MistressEvelyn on January 22, 2014, 05:56:51 PM
Zeya put the bag on her thigh and reached for the leather tie that was around her wrist. Taking it off she pulled up her thick hair and tied it off of her neck. Her slender neck exposed to the slight breeze. It helped to cool her down. "Not that I am not grateful for you, Ogun, but why not send someone else to train me? I am greatly honored by your choice but I am not worthy to be trained by someone as mighty as you.

"You are never worthy if you do not believe you are. Doubt is an unseen enemy that requires confidence to defeat it. If you are confident, then you are worthy of many things." Ogun answered. Ogun's voice was like thunder, deep in the chest. He was a large man though and broad chested, tall and strong. How could he hold any other voice. It was like a lion speaking. "Tomorrow, you will have a different task. There is a city not far from where you are camped. It is a busy and noisy place. You will need to go there and search for a Mambo called Mambo Marie. You will need many items: 2 Ouanga, one of healing and peace and the other for me to bless. You will then need 5 Gris-Gris: One for safe travel, one for protection and cleansing, one for Evil Eye, one for health and the last for Enemy-be-gone. You must have no negative influences while training. You will also need 2 chicken foot charms, one for protection and the other for money and good luck. You must then have the Mambo create a poppet in my honor to place on your altar. Lastly, you must instruct her to go to the local jeweler and create a pendant for you that has my veve.". It was a steep amount of items needed. Ogun reached behind himself and drew a pouch of money, of which he handed to Zeya. He then took her shield and held it flat like a table top. He reached down and grabbed a handful of dirt. He took a deep inhale before he spit into the dirt and began to draw a symbol with the mud formed. When done, he shook the shield to knock the extra dirt off, leaving the symbol of his veve behind. "Upon entering the city, you must hold this in front of you as if you are going to meet an enemy in battle. With this, you will find no resistance. " he explained to Zeya.

Goddess of Night

Quote from: A Mighty Lion on January 22, 2014, 06:30:22 PM
"You are never worthy if you do not believe you are. Doubt is an unseen enemy that requires confidence to defeat it. If you are confident, then you are worthy of many things." Ogun answered. Ogun's voice was like thunder, deep in the chest. He was a large man though and broad chested, tall and strong. How could he hold any other voice. It was like a lion speaking. "Tomorrow, you will have a different task. There is a city not far from where you are camped. It is a busy and noisy place. You will need to go there and search for a Mambo called Mambo Marie. You will need many items: 2 Ouanga, one of healing and peace and the other for me to bless. You will then need 5 Gris-Gris: One for safe travel, one for protection and cleansing, one for Evil Eye, one for health and the last for Enemy-be-gone. You must have no negative influences while training. You will also need 2 chicken foot charms, one for protection and the other for money and good luck. You must then have the Mambo create a poppet in my honor to place on your altar. Lastly, you must instruct her to go to the local jeweler and create a pendant for you that has my veve.". It was a steep amount of items needed. Ogun reached behind himself and drew a pouch of money, of which he handed to Zeya. He then took her shield and held it flat like a table top. He reached down and grabbed a handful of dirt. He took a deep inhale before he spit into the dirt and began to draw a symbol with the mud formed. When done, he shook the shield to knock the extra dirt off, leaving the symbol of his veve behind. "Upon entering the city, you must hold this in front of you as if you are going to meet an enemy in battle. With this, you will find no resistance. " he explained to Zeya.
He had a good point. To be someone you had to have the confidence in yourself to do it. If you wanted to be worthy of something then you must believe yourself to be worthy or else you did not have the ability to become what you needed. Then he began to list her off what she needed in the morning. Her brain strained to remember the large list but she was quite confident she would be able to get everything. Just when she was about to wonder how she would pay for all of the items he pulled out a pouch with money. It was heavy and she knew it would be enough. Her eyes watched as he drew the symbol. It was beautiful. "You are quite the Oshira Ogun. You have always been my favorite among them."
My On/Offs

A Mighty Lion

Quote from: MistressEvelyn on January 22, 2014, 08:12:06 PM
He had a good point. To be someone you had to have the confidence in yourself to do it. If you wanted to be worthy of something then you must believe yourself to be worthy or else you did not have the ability to become what you needed. Then he began to list her off what she needed in the morning. Her brain strained to remember the large list but she was quite confident she would be able to get everything. Just when she was about to wonder how she would pay for all of the items he pulled out a pouch with money. It was heavy and she knew it would be enough. Her eyes watched as he drew the symbol. It was beautiful. "You are quite the Oshira Ogun. You have always been my favorite among them."

"They think the same of me in an island far from here." he replied, smacking his hand down on Zeya's shoulder and patting it lightly. It was not arrogance, it was just that he knew he was good at what he did. The Orisha were somewhat arrogant, just because they knew they were good at what they did. "Go and rest. You will need it." Ogun said before he turned and wandered into the desert before vanishing. This would not be the last time Zeya would meet Ogun. After all, he had to train her. Tomorrow would be a day off from the pain of running as much as Zeya did on that day. She had to make a trip to the city, but, that was only if she could move.