LAST EXILE - looking for my Dio (M/F or M/M)

Started by SpiralSpider, July 15, 2012, 10:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpiralSpider

Hi, [you]!

I'm Chazzy - formerly known here by my actual first name 'Chaznia'.

Anyway, here's the scoop: Sexual RPs actually "Doing" something for me is a new and wondrous thing - I used to just do this to make friends happy and have a challenge for my writing. But now, when the mojo is juuust right, I can actually get turned on. And the fact that  my husband hardly touches me any more means that this sort of thing is much needed right now.

So, my biggest crush is Dio Elaclaire from Last Exile. I'm looking for someone to play him opposite one of my original characters - most likely female (a girl, based on myself but I can alter her to fit your tastes) though I might be able to be persuaded to do a M/M game and play Lucciola. As you can tell by checking the date of this post, I have been looking for someone to play Dio for almost a year now...

I am sorry, but this definitely requires my partner to be familiar with the Last Exile series. How familiar would depend upon what story we end up going with and what setting it is in. I encourage everyone to watch both Last Exile and the sequel (Last Exile: Fam the Silver Wing) because I really believe they're great. Last exile provides the most amazing skyscapes I've ever seen in Anime and the world has layers upon layers of mystery, history and drama.

I love the shows and could play a group game in the setting as well, though there are very few canon characters I'd be willing to play.

I have no clue if this thread will get me any interest, but I've got to try. So, if there are any fairly literate people out there that feel confident that they could rock my world as the eccentric, creepy little pretty boy... you'd have my eternal gratitude.

If you found your way here because you saw your name in my signature... I drew you in with the infamous [ you ] tag. You can use this cool thing yourself by typing [ y o u ] without any of the spaces. It works in forum posts and signatures alike. I hope [you] has lots of fun with it! ^.^
~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

SpiralSpider

Story ideas:

• A meeting of the Sky Pirates: Dio and my character would be competing to take down one of the sky fish.
  • Fleshing out how Dio was saved from the Grand Stream at the end of the original Last Exile.

• At one point in the canon story, it is implied that he believes Lucciola saved him. Running with that idea opens up a storyline with supernatural elements.
    • My original, fan-fiction idea: I have a character named Charlize who is one in a trio of "Wella Witches". They have the means to look into the lives of those in other worlds. They can travel to these worlds to help out in events only if the outcome was not explicitly shown to them in their visions. Charlize, Namashi and Luma travel to Prester after seeing into Dio's future where he falls off his vanship and into the grand stream. They find a time before the apex of the story, when everyone is interacting peacefully aboard the Sylvana and arrive as "couriers" One way or another, they endear themselves slightly to the crew and are allowed to socially interact with those on board. Charlize, who had become infatuated with Dio over the course of watching his story, devises a plan which incorporates the good feelings of those who have come to care for Dio (à la Spirited Away) and they create a woven bracelet/anklet for him. This charm later becomes the means of Dio's survival in that fateful scene. The Wella Witches are unable to save someone like Lucciola because his death is shown in canon material. (Meaning, seen through their visions) I could see this working fairly well as a small group game and move out to save other characters elsewhere as well. However I have something somewhat specific in mind for the personalities of the other witches so I could also play the two in a game with someone who could play Dio and possibly some of the other canon characters. This could also be a back story that would provide the history for our characters when they meet again at some point in the Fam story line, back on Earth.

InvertedAgony

~Pops head in~ Saw my name in your siggy. What show is this chara from? o-o I may be able to try if I know about the chara/show xD

SpiralSpider

His name is Dio Elaclaire and he's from the anime Last Exile and Last Exile: Fam The Silver Wing.

Sorry the [ you ] tag got you. XD

The show is really good, though.

InvertedAgony

Quote from: Chaznia on August 05, 2012, 04:20:44 PM
His name is Dio Elaclaire and he's from the anime Last Exile and Last Exile: Fam The Silver Wing.

Sorry the [ you ] tag got you. XD

The show is really good, though.

Hahahaha! I got no problem with it having tagged me XD I just found it funny really 'cuz at first I was like: o3o? ~re-reads again and laughs~ it has mah name x'D

I will have to watch it or something... Or you could tell me how Dio usually acts (pssst... his personality) cuz from the pic it seems like he is a care-free, easy-going, fun kind of guy

SpiralSpider

Quote from: InvertedAgony on August 05, 2012, 05:35:18 PM
Or you could tell me how Dio usually acts (pssst... his personality) cuz from the pic it seems like he is a care-free, easy-going, fun kind of guy

Yeah, all that and a lot of random and a bit of creepy thrown in. ^.^'

InvertedAgony

Quote from: Chaznia on August 05, 2012, 05:58:24 PM
Yeah, all that and a lot of random and a bit of creepy thrown in. ^.^'

Hmmm... Random and some creepy thrown in? o3o
I will definitely have to check out the anime so I can get a better grasp of Dio... So if ya don't find anyone, I may be willing to give it a try. I haven't done a canon character... ~shrinks down anime style~ ._. always been afraid I'd screw it up v.v

SpiralSpider

I know how that is - I'll only play a canon if I'm feeling reeeeally confident about it. ^.^'

Keep in mind, though, Dio's only a minor character in the first show and still a support character (with a slightly larger role) in the sequel.

Shjade

He'd also be a pretty different character depending on what point in time you chose to play. In the first series, with his birthday ceremony looming over him the whole time and his position in the Guild giving him a sense of invincibility toward anything that isn't his sister, he's more of a snarky, unsympathetic, high-strung asshole. He's much more at ease by the time Fam comes up and tones his sarcastic attitude down to a more mischievous/playful level.

/helpfulsynopsis
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

SpiralSpider

Yes, you are very right.  :-)

My theory is that being raised in the Guild left him believing others around him weren't really people in the same sense he was. Getting out into the "real world" helped him get a lot of perspective.

I like him a lot better in Fam but I fell in love with him through the original series. The story idea I posted above (2nd reply? - It was about how he was saved from falling off his ship in the Grand Stream) kind of ends up using both versions of him.

When I have time I'll write that out in more detail and put it in the first post.

SpiralSpider

An update on this idea: as per E's rules, he would have to be age of consent, which pretty much limits the story to being either in the Fam storyline or at least some time after the end of the first series.

Sephiriel

Interesting, someone at least as obsessed with Dio as I am. You have great taste my dear *grins*

Luminiele

Hi! Am I seeing things or does it actually have my name on it?

elvenslave

Actually, I saw that form of 'greeting' on a few posts already, I liked it a lot, I wanted to put it on my request thread too, and I have no idea how to do it T__T... SpiralSpider, can you tell me, please? *makes puppy eyes*
O/O & F-list       My ideas
Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.
~Gandalf~
David ~Your pseudonym here~: “They’re right about you. You’re a bloody psychopath.”
Sherlock ~Me~: “High functioning sociopath. With your number.”

SpiralSpider

Yes, Luminiele, elvenslave - look to the bottom of my first post.  ;)

elvenslave

O/O & F-list       My ideas
Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.
~Gandalf~
David ~Your pseudonym here~: “They’re right about you. You’re a bloody psychopath.”
Sherlock ~Me~: “High functioning sociopath. With your number.”

pendarious

ah...the old you tag....gets me every time *laughs*

I haven't seen Last Exile in quite some time I think maybe since the original came out? yeah...I think that's the last time I watched it......and I haven't seen Fam the silver wing yet. so with a few days  refresher course for me I could possibly do it no problem.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

SpiralSpider

Dio changes a bit in Fam, but I still find him likable. The fandom seems to be split on that in general, though.

Music is life

SpiralSpider

Music is life

SpiralSpider

Are you just here because you saw your name in my signature?  ;)