Seeking Legendary Monsters (3.5 DnD, lots custom rules)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, April 08, 2015, 05:54:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdwardShane

Ahhh okay.  will go back and edit, and I realize what I want for my bonus feat due to having made a few mistakes.  My feat selection may be a bit....bland in comparison to people who know more feats than I do, but I know that it works.  XD

Yeah, most of the spells were either going to be buffs, utilities, or ones that don't really grant SR.  Or else they're Force effects.  I'll have to look into some of the touch spells though.

Edit: I'll take Elusive Target next level.  Mindsight's too good to pass up on

Zaer Darkwail

Orb spells are good for 'no SR allowed' spell. Force spells are good vs ethereal foes to trap or harm them (so classic magic missile is good choice even if it asks SR check, but there is orb of force in 4th level I recall). Also do remember as succubus you got already quite many potent spell-alike abilities (so some spells may synergize with them; Mask of Ideal is nice 2-3 spell which allows +4 charisma checks vs people you have charmed or called via planar binding).

Also keep eye for magic items in MIC which asks spend spell slots; as there was quite handy few in there (recall bracers which immediate action gave for 1 round 3xspell level DR/-). Also some spells can even heal you effectively (although I think it was higher level spells and magic items were beyond your budget). But also one way is specialize to abjurations; you do not blast people but people have hard time pin you down with magic (globe of invulnerability limits nicely others spamming orb spells vs you).

Anycase, lots ways go around being a sorcerer. Just remember check my homebrew changes for it.

EdwardShane

...oh shoot.  I hadn't even noticed that link in my first lookthrough!  I will need to make changes accordingly for both monks and sorcerors >_<

Edit: Soooo concerning getting to add my charisma modifier to the strength damage for unarmed attacks...would the Dragon Ferocity feat 1.5 that damage as well as strength, or just strength?  The feat says that it adds half your strength modifier as bonus damage, but if charisma is getting added to damage as well I just want to clarify

Zaer Darkwail

If feat speaks of strength then you apply the feat bonus according strength modifier bonus. The monk feature does not replace strength (like insightful strike would replace it and thus you would use Int instead). The charisma bonus is just additional bonus.

EdwardShane

Okay, thanks.  ^^ 

...holy shit she gets to take 10 on a crapton of skills.

Zaer Darkwail

Hehe, yeah. I thought monks should be master few skills but a paragon monk can casually do many skills in expert manner ;). Also as you take dragon style; consider taking dragon magic variant (sacrifices first bonus feat) with draconic fist (gives able add elemental damage to unarmed strikes and later on able make monk sort breath attack).

EdwardShane

I admittedly am having trouble finding the details on that particular variant >.< lol.

Also...every one of the skills I listed got the "take 10" bonus.  damn XD

Zaer Darkwail

So skill master your case could read; 'can take 10 to all class skill checks' :P. Dragon magic, pg12 has draconic fist variant. You need pick one element and then since then you can number of times per day equal your monk level (+ argent savant, as it's sort stunning fist function) able to do 1d6 elemental dmg with unarmed attacks (+1d6 every five levels as monk, so 3d6 with 10 levels). You can add +13 insight bonus to damage with this attack (so have 3d6+13 damage range).

EdwardShane

that does seem like it would be more useful than stunning fist at this point, since a lot of stuff will likely have ridiculous fort saves.  just a matter of choosing an element, then...hmmmm.

How long does that boost last?  Just for all attacks in that one round, or longer?

Zaer Darkwail

It reads; 'swift action your next unarmed attack' so it affects only single attack in full attack sequence. Also note that you can add +13 insight bonus to stunning fist save DC (so it can affect lot better than regular one would). Or add +13 insight bonus to 'rounds' the target is stunned :P. So it may work less well but when it does; it disables foe for a very long time. Also stunning fist has build up various other feats and is requirement for some (like freezing lifeblood; paralysis is dangerous condition to be in and another added -6 to foe's Str score which can be boosted +13 insight bonus also to be -19 to Str).

EdwardShane

if it's only a single attack in the sequence, I'm going to have to stick with stunning fist.  I mighta considered it if it was the entire round of attacks.

So pretty much any special ability, I can add +13 to some numerical aspect of it?  I'll have to think on that.... 

*is suddenly amused at the thought of her energy drain knocking away 14 levels at once*

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: EdwardShane on April 11, 2015, 07:27:26 PM
*is suddenly amused at the thought of her energy drain knocking away 14 levels at once*

Yeah, that one shots even legendary monster who is not immune vs it :P. Also in EP circumstances it would go;

Succubus monk: *poke* you orgasmed, *poke* orgasmed again, *poke* third time in row!
Foe: OH MY GOD! How many pokes you do!
Succubus monk: Around 1d6+12 per round when I flail about it, why?
Foe: *dies happily*

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: EdwardShane on April 11, 2015, 07:27:26 PM
if it's only a single attack in the sequence, I'm going to have to stick with stunning fist.  I mighta considered it if it was the entire round of attacks.

So pretty much any special ability, I can add +13 to some numerical aspect of it?  I'll have to think on that.... 

Yup. I went the opposite and took a +13 bonus to hit with my energy drain attack, to help it land since I have a massive number of attack per turn already.

EdwardShane

lmao XD nice.  I may seriously consider it, since it requires either a grapple or consensual kissing/passion/etc in the case of succubi as opposed to being related to my attacks.  Speaking of though, a succubus can turn that off, right?  I don't wanna accidentally off a party member if fun times happen....as much as they might enjoy it.   ::)

Also, I think I decided to fuse a monk's belt, a RoP +5, and a dex +6 item into one bundle for her legendary item....that combination puts it at a 99k gold value between the three individual items, so it's right at the limit you set.  I just need to name it and figure out how to tie it into the undetermined legend, which is the hardest part of making this character....

Zaer Darkwail

You can turn off the negative energy drain for sexy times ;) However in EP/Sexy times it just does 5 EP dmg per level drained (than kill someone, so flat 70 extra EP dmg + your unarmed strike dmg. As once they reach 0 EP they orgasm and become dazed 1 round and then EP goes full again).

TheGlyphstone

Can natural weapons do EP damage if the target has a vore fetish? ;D

EdwardShane

....holy shit, a succubus monk is boss at sexy times.

CeruleanSerenity

Quote from: EdwardShane on April 11, 2015, 08:12:36 PM
....holy shit, a succubus monk is boss at sexy times.
They are indeed... sounds like I'm going to have to make sure my character can keep up. It wouldn't do for an upcoming sex goddess to be too outclassed in the bedroom by her companions... as much fun as she would have experiencing that herself.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, my char example can induce orgasm instantly vs foes who fail will save vs a daze attack (devil's tongue; a verbal mind affecting ability which makes person cum just dirty fantasy empowered by devil's seductive voice :P). Magic, class features, feats and so on all can be creatively used for sex (and when you use them for sexy times their not spend from normal daily in actual combat/hostile encounter situations).

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on April 11, 2015, 08:07:53 PM
Can natural weapons do EP damage if the target has a vore fetish? ;D

Yes, but do not just use teeth....you do got have tongues inside those maws of yours :P.

EdwardShane

TheGlyphstone

EdwardShane

Bigby's Forceful Hand.  Good for NC and Consensual alike!

...oh god the inflict wounds spells for those who are masochistic.

"YES!  Yes, hurt me mooooore~"

schnookums

Remember folks, this is why you always have a Quickened Grease available

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on April 11, 2015, 08:06:02 PM
You can turn off the negative energy drain for sexy times ;) However in EP/Sexy times it just does 5 EP dmg per level drained (than kill someone, so flat 70 extra EP dmg + your unarmed strike dmg. As once they reach 0 EP they orgasm and become dazed 1 round and then EP goes full again).

Your EP rules mentioned you can't kill someone with sex. But what if I *want* to kill them with sex?
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img