Convent of Blasphemy - Closed/Ended

Started by VonDoom, July 02, 2018, 02:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eikichi

Quote from: VonDoom on July 12, 2018, 03:03:05 AM
We could also use a hetero male resident

I'll get a character sheet up today, for this.
PMs are open for all role play inquiries.

VonDoom

Quote from: Eikichi on July 12, 2018, 08:42:40 AM
I'll get a character sheet up today, for this.

Welcome! Please don't hesitate to put forward any questions that come up.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Eikichi

Name: Marcus Anthony Godfrey
Type: Resident
Concept: Demonic Priest - Imp
Titles: Father Godfrey
Orientation: Heterosexual
Eye Color: Green
Hair Color: Silver/Grey

Appearance Elderly gentleman who goes about the grounds of the convent in long-robes, typically. Not that most people would end up noticing it, but under those heavy robes the elder gentleman is extremely well-built. Thanks to the effects of his nightly endeavors. If one were to peruse his well-built form they’d discover their were several marks staining the muscles of his mid-section along with long, knife like, incisions across his back and shoulders.

Background Priest Godfrey was not only raised in the priesthood, being abandoned as a small babe a few months after his birth. Him, a blue-eyes babe with black raven locks, had spent the better part of his childhood and adult-hood as a priest. His convent, a protestant group based on the base of the mountains, had thrived for several decades. Godfrey was on the verge of entering the last stage of his priest-hood, committing to fully joining the order when an unimaginable disaster struck the convent. It occurred just shortly after his thirtieth birthday, when one of the fellow priests had been found half-dead just a couple off miles up the mountain dying of blood loss and slowly freezing to death. The priests who found him brought him back to the convent, putting him in the medical shelter and having the nuns tend to his wounds. At least, they had started tending to his wounds when they noticed the terrifying nature of the young priest’s wounds. Not only had the blood loss stopped, but his body seemed to rot away. Hours after they left him to get some rest they found the priest raving in bed, eyes pitched green and red. The raving only lasted an hour, before he went on a rampage and started massacring the priests who attended to him, including Godfrey.

At least the possessed priest had started going on a rampage, after killing about four or five of the convent, the possessed priest had descended on Godfrey clawing at him from above, but before the priest had a chance to land any fatal blows another priest had pierced the possessed man’s chest and killed him before he caused anymore harm. Both Godfrey and the other priest were unaware though, that the infected blood of the possessed priest had fallen into Godfrey’s open wounds. They buried the dead, said their prayers, and burned the bodies of the priests and the possessed priest. Then the priests and nuns went to bed, assuming that whatever trouble had come their way was finally at an end. None of them could have been aware that the man was possessed by a demon or known that his blood would carry the infection. During those wee hours of the night the possession took hold, only unlike the previous host his body was able to contain the demons will. By morning, Godfrey awoke to find his body coated in blood. Not only had he slaughtered the priests, and nun (ravishing them as well), but he found even his memories were changing.

With no other option and fearing reprieve should someone discover he was the only one alive, Godfrey burned the convent down. Leaving no body buried, or unturned, and no house standing. Once the dead was done Godfrey left, searching for a new place to stay. Unaware that each night his darker side would take hold. It was years alter when he would find the Convent of Saint Ziv. By this point his darker side no longer came out by night, but rather the holy priest and demon had melded. Their personalities, minds, and ideologies burned away into only a singular, deformed, being was left.

Personality Godfrey keeps to himself, and the other members of the conventt. It is only on rare occasion that he will meet with visitors, or when he takes a particular interest. His appetite, which has only grown more perverse as the demon’s desires sets into his mind, is usually sated with the occasional visitor. It’s rate for any visitor to really appeal to him, but he finds enjoyment in the corruption of those who used to be pure as his past-self. Since his personality has blended with the demon, rather than being consumed by it, it has left a few odd quirks. One prominent quirk of his personality being his utter despise for more practical priests and nuns, partially due to the demons influence, and partially because their pure nature reminds Godfrey of those he slaughtered when first possessed. It's also left his mind partially unstable, leaving him constantly drifting between a calm, reasonable state, and another state where he's quick to anger and lash out at the nearest source of his frustrations.

Abilities

Awakening Sin: One of the many ways that he takes advantage of the visitors is through this part of the demons abilities. It allows him to put pressure on someone’s hidden desires. This includes fantasies, or darker desires, that would only permeate someone’s waking thoughts.

Manipulating Desire: Once he awakens someone’s sins and desires, this ability allows him to twist their desires to become darker. If he were to use 'Awakening Sin' to release someones desire to be choked, he could then manipulate that desire to make them wish to be choked until literally breathless or unconscious. He cannot change their desire, simply change their level of interest in it.

Desires and Dislikes Godfrey’s only desire is to corrupt. Now that his demon and him are one and the same he no longer has to worry about the occasional bloodlust. Instead he’s learned that the best way to keep the demon tamed is to feed it with the corruption of those who are meant to be pure. His only real dislike is discovering that his pure-prey was unpure and therefore a waste of time. That’s not to say Godfrey doesn’t enjoy himself when it comes to taking advantage of certain corrupted nuns, but that only serves to sate his own twisted desires and does nothing to quell the needs of the demon.

Ons and Offs

On: BDSM, Bondage, Rape, Force, & Corruption.
Offs: Scat, Watersports, Vore, & Gore.

Writing Sample [Will Be added later]

VonDoom

Thank you for your character submission, Eikichi! Godfrey looks like a very interesting character.

Two things:
I'd like you to expand a bit on his personality -- what is he like, beyond his desire to corrupt others? What are the ideologies that he believes in, now that his old self has combined with the possessing entity?

For his 'Controlling Desire' ability, I'll need you to be a bit more specific -- 'full control over them' is very broad and if it is actually that, usually not very fun for the other party -- I assume the description afterwards is meant to explain more clearly what it does. If so, I'd like you to rephrase this a bit to make it more clear. Subduing parts of a target's personality and beliefs in favor of strengthening others could be very interesting! Of course, as with any such abilities, their use and the extent thereof will always need to be discussed with the partner.

O&O

Eikichi

Quote from: VonDoom on July 14, 2018, 08:37:00 AM
Thank you for your character submission, Eikichi! Godfrey looks like a very interesting character.

Two things:
I'd like you to expand a bit on his personality -- what is he like, beyond his desire to corrupt others? What are the ideologies that he believes in, now that his old self has combined with the possessing entity?

For his 'Controlling Desire' ability, I'll need you to be a bit more specific -- 'full control over them' is very broad and if it is actually that, usually not very fun for the other party -- I assume the description afterwards is meant to explain more clearly what it does. If so, I'd like you to rephrase this a bit to make it more clear. Subduing parts of a target's personality and beliefs in favor of strengthening others could be very interesting! Of course, as with any such abilities, their use and the extent thereof will always need to be discussed with the partner.

Done on both ends, let me know if it still needs editing/fixing.

VonDoom

Great! His ability looks fine now, his personality could still use some more fleshing out, but I'm going to go ahead and give it the stamp of approval. Though, one more thing, but that's easy to fix when you transfer his sheet to the character thread -- it's a convent, not a covenant.  :-)

O&O

Synecdoche17

Hello,

I've also been on a long hiatus. Hope that's not a problem. The prompt sounded very interesting - here is a character idea I dawdled. Please let me know if there's room for one more and if this idea seems interesting. :)

Angelise

Concept: Devout laywoman (the spark of this character was the line about visitors "too pure" for the nighttime revels being locked in their quarters)
Titles: none
Orientation: Bisexual
Eye color: Blue
Hair Color: Dirty blonde

Appearance:
A peasant's child, Angelise has the round, muscled shoulders and thighs of a laborer; her hands and feet are calloused; when she smiles, she puts a hand over her mouth to hide her crooked teeth. Poverty has stunted her growth; she stands barely over five feet, though she has her mother's wide hips and – now that she's eating better – full breasts.

Angelise speaks with a distinctly rural accent; her voice is a bright soprano.

Background:

Every village has its sinners, even Briar Glen, and first among them was Sely the whore. At times a barmaid, seamstress, or cook, in truth Sely's profession was always that of indulging the sins of visiting pilgrims. As careless as she was wanton, Sely had her first daughter, Angelise, at an early age, and then many other children.

Angelise had not a moment of idleness in her childhood – when she wasn't tending to her siblings while her mother was out, she was tending to others' children, or running messages, or sweeping the floors of public houses (sometimes the same pubs where her mother served clients), all for a bit of coin to keep her family afloat when Sely couldn't find a client or, more often, spent her coins on herself instead of her brood.

Now a grown woman, if barely so, Angelise has made up her mind to join the Convent of St. Ziv. All her life, as the villagers scorned her sinful mother and her bastardy, the nuns of St. Ziv have been a beacon to her – women of grace and virtue, of wisdom and kindness. What more could she aspire to be?

Abilities:
Washerwoman
Cook
Illiterate
Virgin

Desires and Dislikes:
Angelise craves the approval of others, especially her social superiors. She deeply desires a purpose in life, and sees one in service to the Church.

She hates being reminded of her sleazy heritage, and she fears being found ignorant or crude.

Ons/Offs
I would like Angelise's corruption to be her major character arc. Seduction, hypnosis, magic, drugs, blackmail – it's all good. Bondage, anal/oral, S&M – these are kinks she has yet to discover, alongside her bisexuality.

Offs – Scat, rimming, vomit, bestiality. For the moment I'd like to stay away from overt force and non-con (though dub-con is fine) – I'd like Angelise to be able to blame herself and her own weakness for her sexual missteps.

Writing Sample:

The Pilgrim's Rest buzzed with conversation and the clinking of plates and glasses. Out in the front room a porter did card tricks for a crowd of tipsy and enthusiastic pilgrims, but Angelise could not see them – her place was in the back, just outside the kitchen, with a pail of sudsy water and four cloth rags, scrubbing at steins and plates. Her fingers were pruned; she'd been at this for some time – since the sun began setting, actually. The noise inside rose a notch, and she heard a familiar drunken cackle. Her mother.

Angelise forced herself to focus on her work, humming one of the canticles loudly. Her gaze flicked up to the hill, toward the convent, the sun's last rays purpling its roof. Up there the nuns would be turning in for the night, saying their prayers. Perhaps they were singing the same canticle she was. She found the thought heartening. One day – to wear those holy clothes - no - that was too much to dream - to wash those holy clothes, or pick grapes, or sweep floors, in a house filled with Light and holiness - how beautiful that would be compared to this.

A thick hand brushed her arm and she started, a plate almost clattering from her hand. The reek of alcohol was in the air.
“Hiding, little one?”
“Emerick. I'm sorry – do you want something from the kitchen?”
The big man grinned beneath his white whiskers. “I could. Seems your mother's already found a man.”
Angelise stiffened. “She's got nothing to do with me. I don't-” she dodged his grasp.
“Come on now, sweet thing, a little time here with me and you'll earn a lot more than you do dishwashing.” He gave a short, mean chuckle. “Ask your mother, I've always paid her well. Heh – maybe I'm even your father, ever think of that?”
Angelise fled, his raucous laughter in her ears.

Sometime later she'd found herself on the Pilgrim's Road. The night was full and  dark now – the still sliver of the moon hung over the mountains. The road rose steeply ahead of her, rising toward the convent, exiting the village. The pilgrims would come here in the morning.

Angelise found a spot right against the gate, resting her head on her shawl. Come the morning she would go up with them. She wouldn't wait any longer. She wouldn't put up with men like Emerick any longer. She pressed her palms together and began to count off verses, hoping the Light would see fit to take her. Fifteen verses, that was a good number - she yawned - she could do one more - and another - and she drifted off to sleep, to wake on a morning that would change her life.

A book, a woman, and a flask of wine: /The three make heaven for me; it may be thine / Is some sour place of singing cold and bare — / But then, I never said thy heaven was mine.

Ons & Offs, Stories in Progress, and Story Ideas
Absences and Apologies

VonDoom

Hello, welcome to this game -- and welcome back to the forums, while we're at it! Your absence is most assuredly not a problem, considering I was on a hiatus myself until recently.

Angelise is a very suitable character and hereby approved! We currently don't have another villager stemming from Briar Glen in the cast, but many of the visitors certainly passed through and there is a good amount of trade with the convent, so feel free to discuss any prior encounters if you like.

Please post her writeup in the character thread and join us in the OOC and IC threads from there.

O&O

Bibliophilia

Oh, Syn, I think she's lovely!  Father Elias will approve.

Arcanist

Name: Sister Eliza
Type: Resident
Concept: Corrupted Nun
Titles: Head Librarian/Archivist
Orientation: Lesbian
Eye Color: Dark Grey
Hair Color: Raven Black

Appearance
Sister Eliza looks young for her age. She has stopped aging or aging very slowly at least. She looks as if she is still in her early 20s. Under her habit, she has long raven black hair with dark grey eyes. She still walks with the grace of a noblewoman and has the presence about her. However, she seems always approachable and with a smile on her face.

Background
Elizabeth was born into the nobility of minor note. Her grandfather granted a small piece of land and noble status through service to the crown. The lands although small were profitable due to its agricultural strength. Elizabeth was the youngest of three siblings, the two older siblings being brothers. As dictated by tradition, she was earmarked to marry perhaps a rich merchant’s son or if the family was lucky, a nobleman of higher status. This was to be her lot in life. Literacy and learning was not really a requirement. But learning how to care for her future husband but how to run an estate was. Noblewomen had very little rights and considered chattel.

However, that did not stop young Elizabeth who absorbed the teachings of tutors of her brothers. She was after all deeply loved and indulged by her family. And she proved to be very intelligent. Soon she read every book in the family home and hungered for more. It was about this time that the family sent her to the nearest Convent as part of her training to be a noblewoman as her mother and grandmother did before her. That Convent was the Holy Convent of Saint Ziv. However, unbeknownst to them, things have changed.

During her days in the convent, she learned much, including religion, history, and herbalism. She was also drawn to the library. The nun in charge of the library would encourage her love of knowledge. She loved it there. Sometimes she thought that the books would whisper their contents to her. Giving her knowledge of their contents before she even read them. There were even books written in foreign languages and script. She would try to decipher the scripts, and it challenged her. She prayed that she could stay in the library forever. In fact, she even contemplated becoming a nun. The nun in charge a mentor. There was, however, a particular room in the library she did not like. It was darker than the rest of the library despite the light during the day. The atmosphere heavier and one would feel as if one was being watched. There was always a feeling of unease. It seems to call to her.

While she was away studying at the Convent, a delegation from the Church of Light entered her family grounds. They had recently returned from a faraway place, preaching and converting the indigenous population. Sickness had claimed a small number in the delegation, and they sought succor. Leaving a majority of the delegation as the rest reported to the Church, her family opened their doors to them. Elizabeth’s father penned a message to his Lord to inform him of the situation. By this time, the Lord was a descendant of the Lord that had originally granted the lands and title to Elizabeth's family. Unfortunately, in opening their doors to the delegation, they also opened their doors to an unknown sickness akin to the plague. One by one, many succumbed to the sickness as it spread throughout the household and surrounding area. First, it was most of the delegation left behind, then their carers, soon Elizabeth’s brothers and the hamlet.   

News spread to Elizabeth at the convent. She raced home but was stopped by the Lord’s men, and she was brought forward to him and his advisor, who was one of the Arch-bishops of the Church of Light. The sickness has spread she was informed. And that many had died, including most of the delegation and their carers. Worse, her brothers had fallen ill with the same symptoms. The whole area is quarantined. She was told to pray for the best. And that she did, but the Light did not answer. Hoping for perhaps finding a cure in the library of the Holy Convent of Saint Ziv she rushed back to begin her search in the library by day and by night, praying in the Chapel by night. Her prayers were always greeted with silence. News of the death of her brothers reached her, and her own parents have succumbed to the sickness while caring for them. It was that night that she met a strange nun she has never met carrying a book. She placed the book on her lap and said, “The light will not answer your prayers, but this book will. A choice you will make this night. Make the right one.”

Curious, she opened the book and found writing she could not understand, pictures of horrible, indescribable things and complex geometrical drawings. But instead of closing it something in her wanted to know more and the book whispered to her. It whispered to her knowledge, knowledge to help her parents and how to save them and the rest of her people. The words were like a puzzle; she poured through it for days. It seems to make sense the more she tried to understand it. It was instructions, instructions to summon the darkness. She would lose part of herself, she knew. There was always a price, but she will pay for it. In secrecy, she spent the following day preparing for what she now knows is a summoning ritual. At the appointed time she began, and it appeared to her. It was dark, handsome, terrifying and defies all description. The price was her innocence. She did not remember much of what happened, but when she awoke inside the ritual circle, there was a vial beside her.

Rushing back to her ancestral home with the cure, she was once again stopped. She was not only refused entry but placed under arrest. She begged an audience with the Lord to inform him of a cure. However, she later learned that it was partly all a ploy, the Lord and the Archbishop both coveted the lands of her family, and they saw the plague was an opportunity. Two days later, her parents died. In fact, according to all known reports made by the Lord and the Archbishop was that everyone in the family died including Elizabeth. Elizabeth was a loose end, and there were plans that she be killed, but something influenced their decision, and Elizabeth was sent back to the Holy Convent of Saint Ziv by his soldiers. The Lord and immediate family died a week later in a freak food poisoning incident and the Archbishop two weeks later in an unknown wasting disease. The lands and property were donated to the Holy Convent of Saint Ziv.

Personality
Is she evil? No, at least she does not think that she is. The light had abandoned her in her hour of need. The Church of Light is corrupt. The men that followed it filled with greed and vices. There is no difference in the Light or Darkness, except that the darkness is there. There is always a price involved when you dabble in the darkness, but when is there not a price? At least you knew what it is and you will always have a choice. Does this make her evil?

It was a slow descend, but a descend nevertheless. Sister Eliza is confident in her abilities. Her knowledge of the books in the library, both the one in the Light and “the dark library” second to none. This makes her an important ally among the residents to have. She makes use of this strength as she consolidates a strong base beneath her. She is also intelligent enough not to require too high a price for her help. Through her rituals, she has stopped aging. Forever locked in the form of a 24-year-old. The form has served her well. Yes, there was a price to it. One that she happily paid. She is often seen as a helpful librarian, happy to help non-residents to find what they need in one of the best libraries in the land. At times she will even point them in the right direction for a price.

Many of the non-residents speak well of Sister Eliza. They have complimented her to the Mother Superior as helpful, knowledgable, caring and wise beyond her years. She seems to know the location of every book in the library. However, younger children do not seem to like her, especially babies and toddlers. They show fear and seems to sense the lost of her "innocence". To the other residents that know her for what and who she is, they treat her as an equal or an ally most of the time. She is in a sense neutral to their ambitions and schemes, as long as they pay the price.

Abilities
Arcane Languages – Sister Eliza is a rarity. She can not only speak the language of the time but can read and write it. She is also fluent in older and ancient variations of the language. She was also fluent in the language of the faraway lands of Araby and Cathay. Many books of darkness, when they were actually written down were written in these scripts.

Ritual Magic – Ghayat al-Hakim fi’l-sihr, Sefer Raziel Ha-Malakh, The Book of Honorius, these are just a few of the books Sister Eliza has intimate knowledge of. They were books on the Blessings of the Dark, Demon binding, summoning and minor control of these demons, and Dark Influence. Sister Eliza, with the gathering of the proper materials, can conduct these rituals and although not instant, a powerful source of magic. She also has a small number of ritual items on her body that serve as protection.

Limited Immortality - Sister Eliza has limited immortality, having been able to stop the ageing process and has limited regenerative abilities through her use of ritual magic and bargains.

Desires and Dislikes
She desires knowledge and does not care much about the source of said knowledge. She dislikes the Light, not what it ideally represents, but she sees it as uncaring and unloving, especially by the ones that know the "truth". All one needs to do is to look at its said followers and believers. They are sinners and violators all! They hide behind the ideal, their greed and ambitions taking the forefront instead of love and compassion. Yet they believe they are righteous and above all sin. They should at least admit to who they are and what they truly believe and turn to the dark. She will be able to save them then.

Ons and Offs
Behind the closed doors of the Convent, she prefers the touch of another female. Only another female could understand her and share her passion and dreams. Men seem to believe they are superior besides they all betray you in the end. It's not that she hates them. They are just not for her.

Sometimes it is good to trust in someone else that she loves, someone else to take control to make her submit. Force her to dance in their arms, the dance of little death.

Offs: The real extremes of Vore, Guro, Scat, vomit etc. Would appreciate discussions of anything else.

Writing Sample
Choice is but an Illusion. Consequences are however real.

VonDoom

Thank you for your submission, Arcanist! Glad you made it!

Sister Eliza looks fine overall, though the writeup would benefit a lot from some proofreading. Also, if /when we define some neighbouring countries or past cultures, some alternatives to (or alternate names for) Arabic and Hebrew will likely pop up - though you are welcome to come up with your own, too!

Please also include the ons and offs that are particularly relevant to this character and the game, it's mostly meant for easier reference to see what you're looking to explore with your character. Reading people's o&o and respecting them is still very much required, if you were worried about that.

O&O

Arcanist

DrMcQuark

This sounds really interesting!

I have a couple of ideas for characters:

1. A young novitiate sent to the convent by her parents as tribute or payment for "services rendered". She arrives as a sweet, innocent and chaste young girl but soon becomes the perfect target for corruption.

2. You mentioned there are nearby countries modeled after Arabic culture. Perhaps one of the Sultan's daughters is traveling through the country and visits the convent? She may or may not be naïve or might have a hidden agenda.

Let me know your thoughts and I'll come up with the full character(s).

VonDoom

Welcome and thanks for your interest, o mighty fridge-dweller!

Both concepts sound perfectly viable, just depends on what you're interested in more - we can definitely use more 'guest' type characters and both should make for a very interesting experience. There isn't really much to comment on regarding the first idea at this stage, though regarding the second -- the daughter of a rich merchant from rather than an actual sultan may be more suitable, a princess would likely travel with an entire retinue of servants.

The second one could also be particularly interesting if you're up for fleshing out the culture along with your character application -- since the Church of the Light is dominant pretty much everywhere, how is this culture similar? Did it rise along with the church and develop differently due to the region, or was it converted some time ago? If so, do they have holdovers of their previous religions hidden away? And so on.

O&O

Arcanist

Did quite a bit more editing. Would appreciate a go over.
Thanks

VonDoom

Alright, let's see ... I'll give Sister Eliza the stamp of approval! Try and watch your use of tenses, you're still jumping into present at times, but everything is easy to understand, so I'm not going to be too much of a grammar nazi about it.  ;D

Cathay is a great choice and as an alternate historic name for China should serve well for occult writings in this world. I'm not sure how I feel about 'Araby', though -- I did some looking around for alternate names and terms -- how does 'Levant' strike you as an alternative? Levantine for the language, levant/levantine alternatively used as the adjective form?

If DrMcQuark goes ahead with his second idea and fleshes out this mirror of Arabic culture, his character will have a direct connection to that bit of world lore, so please be vague when referencing it for now.

The various threads are linked in the opening posts of the recruitment - feel free to post her in the character thread, say hello in the OOC and get in on that delicious breakfast action!  :-)

O&O

Vergil1989

[

Name:  Cassandra Blackbrier
Type:  Traveling blind witch and rogue
Concept:  New Convert  (Nun)
Titles:  None, lowborn, blind, but far from helpless
Orientation:  Virgin  (Bisexual but with a preference for women.  Futas will be more than fine once she gets to that point.)
Eye Color:  Pale blue, dulled due to being born blind
Hair Color:  Strawberry red

Appearance
Cassandra is petite, short, at about 5 foot 3 inches, yet every inch of her is built for agile, deft movements and speed.  Deceptively dexterous, her fingers are quite skilled in the art of plucking the string of the hickory bow she received from her father as a going away present, but you'd never know it to look at her eyes, which, while blue, are dulled and gray due to having been born blind.  Her skin is kissed by the sun, perfectly smooth, her figure as slender as the rest of her, yet she is unmistakably female since her breasts, while on the smaller end, are still visible beneath her hardened leather armor.  She does her best to keep herself well groomed and taken care of, relying on her other senses for everyday tasks, her skill with a pair of daggers, the well loved if worn bow made of hickory on her back, and her magic to keep her safe.

Background
Cassandra was born to darkness, but it didn't hold any terror for her despite having also been born to a no name, lowborn family in the middle of a bustling seaside town and trading port named Rav'sest.  Her father was a roguish mercenary, her mother a humble but skilled witch who used her power to help visiting sailors and the like, curing them of scurvy and other illnesses often accrued from months at sea.  Life was fairly good, and Cassandra learned much during her childhood from both of her parents, as well as a number of close family friends and neighbors.  How to heal and destroy with magic and herb, how to wield a blade despite her affliction, and to be able to take care of herself since, despite living in a fairly safe and welcoming town, pirates and worse were still a threat, and her parents had warned her often that they might not be around to protect her one day.  Cassandra wasn't allowed to be weak as a result, not that she wanted to be, and so she took to her studies with blade and spell with a discipline and skill belying her youth.  Yet life was lonely for the young woman, and while she had friends, she had no one she'd felt any romantic inclinations towards, and while she numbered whores from a couple of nearby brothels as friends, she wasn't about to ask such a person for more than she could afford, which wasn't much in any event without resorting to thievery.  She could've, but she was too morally centered for such things.  That said, she was curious, and she wanted to 'see' the world, to experience what she could of it, so gathering what money she could from various odd jobs she performed, she saved enough for some new armor, a pair of fine daggers, while her father gave her his old if much loved bow with an enchanted quiver that would never run dry.  Her mother offered what minor protection charms she could piece together, and with many tearful goodbyes, Cassandra left her home of Rav'sest behind.  Three months traveling on foot and eventually horseback has seen her put her skills to use, with word of a rather famous Convent intriguing her enough to pay the isolated place a visit....

Personality
Cassandra is an eager and avid student for anything that catches her interest.  She yearns to 'see' the world, to experience as much of it as she can, but most importantly, she seeks someone to connect with on a far more intimate level.  Perhaps even find someone to marry one day, but for now, she's happy to remain a full time traveling rogue and part time witchy healer, as she likes to jokingly call herself.  Her mother was no master sorceress, but she taught Cass everything she could, the rest she learned through experimentation, trial and error, and while she surpassed her mother shortly before she left, it was with mixed feelings since she owed the woman quite a bit in showing her the way in the first place.  She's far from naive or innocent, having grown up just a short walk down the road from a pair of brothels, where she counts a few of the whores as friends, but she's trusting and open to those that are kind and don't look down upon her, either because of her affliction, or her lowborn status.  She is far from helpless, and while she is slow to anger, those that wake her inner lioness often end up finding out she is quite formidable indeed.  Due to her blindness, she has to touch someone's face to 'see' them, so she is rather intimate during second or third meetings for those that are accepting of this little quirk of hers.  She knows what she 'looks' like, but without help, makeup and the like is impossible for her to don, not that she had many opportunities to learn.

Abilities
Skilled Dual Wielder/Archer:  Her father was a skilled mercenary of the roguish variety, often employed by merchants who could afford a man of his reputation to protect their wares.  He taught her everything he could, which was quite a bit given his lifetime of such work.  Cassandra's blindness is not a weakness because of this, thanks to his harsh but loving guidance so that no one would ever take advantage of her once he and her mother were gone or she'd left.
Healer:  Herbal lore and remedies are second nature to Cassandra, thanks to her mother's teachings.  She can smell sickness in a person, thanks to her sharpened senses, and can often throw something together with the right ingredients and time to prepare.  ('Cough' Drugs! 'cough')
Sorceress:  While her mother was no master sorceress of any notable skill, Cassandra eventually surpassed her mother's level, although it was with mixed feelings.  Still, anything from a healing touch to electrical blasts, she can generate with a few practiced gestures and muttered incantations.

Desires and Dislikes
Acceptance is her first and foremost desire, and it leaves her vulnerable to manipulation by any who she thinks she can trust.  Her blindness, while she accepts it, is still a source of some discomfort, and while she doesn't mind questions about her life with it, having insults thrown at her is a quick way to get a dagger pointed at someone's throat.  That and she doesn't see what the big deal is in regards to what the heart desires.  Such restrictions on who someone should love confuses and angers her when pressed by 'religious types' who only 'see' the world in black and white.  Some of that is her friendship with some of the local whores she'd admit, but most of it was just her parents more or less saying the same thing, encouraging her to explore the world, which ended up with her wanting to leave home despite the dangers involved.  She loves music, stories, and while she has a good singing voice, she gets embarrassed if asked to sing or perform in front of an audience.

Ons and Offs
Ons:  Corruption!  I want it to be slow, seductive, with each new act plunging her deeper into depravity, although I DO want her to find a twisted form of love if at all possible.  Otherwise, I'm game for most things.  I'd also appreciate a chance for her to get a few piercings, maybe a tattoo if at all possible, something to 'mark' her as belonging to whoever ends up her lover, or rather her preferred lover since I'm open to the idea she gets involved with futa orgies and what have you.  ;D

Sensory play (ice/wax/etc), gentle first, rough later, passionate, BDSM, futanaris, exotic cocks tentacles, etc.  She's gonna be a virgin to start and probably pretty shy, but I DO want her to be a willing Switch, with leanings towards the Submissive side before this is over.  ;D >:)  Some light pain and blood/sadism/masochistic play is fine as well, although not until after she's started to fall fairly far.  Having said that, I do like the idea of my gal using her magic for sexual purposes, such as leaving a trail of gentle electrical tingles across someone's flesh as a quick example.  Receiving this kind of treatment is also more than fine!  Pleasure/sensory enhancing drugs and the like are also more than alright.

Offs:  No bodily waste/bathroom related shenanigans.  Extreme ageplay, incest, beasts, or outright rape.  For anything else, check my RP Preferences.
Writing Sample

Cassandra was all smiles as she patted the roan mare on her flank, the beautiful horse offering a nicker as she tossed her head.  "Well you tell me how far this Convent is then, silly."  She chuckled, her dull, blind blue eyes having since fallen on the building in question she'd been steered towards.  Despite her affliction, she wasn't lost, but she had her parents back home to thank for that.  Between her father's sword lessons, and her mother's gift with magic, she could 'see' the world in a way few people ever could, although she truly was blind.  Even a bat could've seen better than her, but that didn't stop her from exploring the world.  Inhaling deeply of the flower strewn mountain path that led up to the fabled church, she was road weary and in need of a bath, and while a Convent wouldn't have been her first choice, she was curious to see what all the fuss was about since almost every town she visited this side of the country all said it was worth the visit.

The sound of a distant branch on her right being snapped underfoot had Cassandra's hands flying to the bow on her back.  When she heard the distinctive twang of an arrow being fired, she leaned in the saddle and felt it pass right past the back of her head.  With a roll of her eyes, the bandit gave a startled gasp, which made putting one of her own in his throat an all too easy affair as she twisted, pulled her father's hickory bow from her back, set an arrow to the string, and fired all in one, fluid, graceful movement.  Her horse gave a disgruntled neigh, having been largely annoyed by the interruption to their otherwise pleasant trek through the area, something Cassandra could agree with as she hopped down from the saddle.  "He didn't even try to talk, the oaf."  She sighed as her leather clad boot nudged the body once she'd found it on the side of the road.  Giving him a good kick for good measure, she knelt down, and with deft, efficient movements, found his coinpurse which became hers, and quickly helped herself to the bits of bacon she found in his pack, which she emptied of anything she could use.  "At least he had some things I can hopefully trade once we get to our next stop."  She mused idly as she walked back to her horse.  Putting her hand on the beautiful creature's flank, she quickly found the pommel, and with the same ease she'd gotten down, clambered back into her seat that had hardly began to cool.  With another gentle pat on her friend's side, the horse started forward once more without further complaint.

While her mood had soured somewhat with the needless death and violence, a little, very subdued, subconscious, and very dark part of her grew just a touch wetter at having so effortlessly put such a waste of human skin into an early grave.....
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

VonDoom

Hiya Virgil -- I believe I owe you an apology. I'm sorry that I didn't make my decision to end this game after huge player loss a little earlier, before you put in all the work to make a character for it. If the others proceed to play out their scenes and are happy for you to join them, you're more than welcome to.

O&O

Vergil1989

Well that stinks to hear but it's cool VonDoom.  It looked like a fun game too from what little I read, but if this is already gone, then what do ya do?  I actually have my own game I'm hoping to get more people for so it doesn't end up the same way, but good luck to ya moving forward VonDoom.  :D
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page