A Coven of Dragons (Simple Fantasy RP)

Started by RobotDragon, December 12, 2018, 01:44:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobotDragon

Imagine a mystical realm, where dragons rule the earth and skies, myriads of fantastic creatures roam the land, and the vegetation is lush and green. This realm is called Rosaria.
A huge mountain range borders the kingdom, it's tallest peak reaches high beyond the clouds. Several caves are dotted across this rocky backdrop, all with magnificent views across the valley below. These caves are home to the dragons, the watchers and protectors. In one such cave lives a dragoness by the name of Linra.
Linra is a thunder dragon. She can control the forces of electricity and lightning, and great storms rage at her will. Her slight body is covered in fur of a rich teal and purple, and she bears a pair of slightly curved, black horns on her head. Her wings are large and feathered, and her long tail ends in a matching feathered tuft.
Linra yawns and preens her wings, spreading them wide to ensure every last nook and cranny is spotless. Finished, she then turns her attention to her body, ensuring her soft fur is gleaming. Satisfied, she settles herself on the floor of her cave and gazes out across the valley.

Akkas

Parflava is a young, small dragon. Everyone still calls him a baby because he is 28 years old, and that is very young for his kind. He has a smooth golden body with red detailing; his eyes are red, the two horns on his head are red and the line of small spikes that runs from his neck to his tail are also red. And so are his nails and the inside of his wings.
He has been traveling for a while with his brother and his friends. He still couldn't believe his brother has friends. Parflava wants to have an adventure of his own, so he said them goodbye and traveled further on his own. Eventually he could see an immense mountain, higher than he has ever seen. It peaks his interest and he decides to fly there. As he gets closer, he can see more and more of the beauty of this realm.

RobotDragon

Linra looks out across the valley, her lilac eyes roving across the greenery and slowly tracing the sparkling, blue river in the distance. She yawned widely and tracked her eyes upwards towards the sky. As she gazed, a sudden golden glint caught her eye and she peered towards it. As she stared, the glint became a flying object. Curious, she gets to her feet and looks closer. The flying object slowly materialised into another dragon, one she hadn't seen before. She swished her tail and roared a greeting at the newcomer.

Akkas

Parflava wasn't counting on being greeted. In surprise, he forgot to pound his wings. He dropped somewhat but he is a very skilled flyer and manages to catch himself. He scans the mountain with his red eyes and sees a purple and teal dragon. He is intruiged by her fur and feathery wings, as his kind does not have that. He roars a greeting back so she knows that he has seen her and is coming to her.
As he gets closer, he flies slower so he can make a neat landing. Only when his claws touch the floor, he notices how tired his wings are from all the flying. "Good day to you, milady," he starts off cheerfully.

RobotDragon

Linra noticed the dragon drop slightly from the sky at her greeting, and chuckled when he caught himself. Clearly he had not expected that! She heard a roar in response and saw him change his course slightly to come to her. She could see his colouring more clearly now, and marvelled at him. He looked like he had come straight out of someone's treasure hoard! She stepped back to allow him space to land and watched as he made his landing. She saw his wings shake slightly from fatigue, and instantly knew he had come a very long way.
"And a good day to you, also", she replies, and inclined her head. "I haven't seen you here before, and I can see you have had a long journey. Please, make yourself comfortable". She raised her head up and ruffled the feathers of her wings proudly. "I am Linra".

Akkas

"Parflava is my name," he sais. He makes a sideways roll to know what this floor feels like. As he lands on his claws, he sits down his rear and curls his tail around him. It reaches between his front paws. "Thank you for welcoming me." He couldn't help but stare at Linra's wings in awe. He stretches his neck to get a little closer. "Your wings, they are like... Like colored grass! How did they get like that?"

RobotDragon

"Parflava. It is good to know you". She opens her wings at his compliment to better display them. "I was born this way. I know feathers are rare among our kind, and I am very proud of them". Despite having already preened herself before his arrival, she gives a few choice feathers another quick preen before refolding them against her back. She looks at him and smiles. "So, what brings you to my realm, Parflava?".

Akkas

Parflava pulls his gaze from her wings and focuses on Linra. He stands up and walks a couple steps, back to where he was before he made the sideways roll. He stretches. "I was travelling with my brother and his friends, but I got bored," he tells. "So I decided to have an adventure of my own. Then I saw this magnificent mountain and of course I flew here. Is this really yóúr realm?"

RobotDragon

"Ah, I see. You wanted to spread your wings, as it were." She smiles at him and settled herself down, curling her tail around her feet. "Well, I refer to this land as 'my realm', but actually there's a few of us here. Collectively we oversee everything that happens here." She holds her head high again. "I am very proud to live here. I discovered this place, as you did. But I was much older when I arrived. I was looking for somewhere to settle and hit the jackpot".

Akkas

Parflava is interested to hear that the dragons of this realm collectively oversee everything. Where he comes from, each great dragon has their own area and they don't know much about others. Also where he comes from, they have some different expressions and he did not understand hers. She 'hit' a 'jackpot'? He wondered what that was and whether that hurt. He held his head at an angle. "Are you saying you got hurt when you came here?"

RobotDragon

Linra looked at Parflava curiously, and wondered why he thought she'd been hurt. She briefly thought back over her choice of words. Realisation dawned on her, and she smiled. "Ah, I meant that I had found the best place I could have. I didn't hurt myself. Although, not every dragon here is as welcoming as I." She turned her head and used a claw to part some of the feathery scales at the back of her jaw. A couple of white feathers grew beneath, signifying scar tissue. "Count yourself lucky I saw you first! You don't want a run in with Carax!"

Akkas

Parflava looked at the scar and jumped up. "You did not deserve that!" he said, hopping around. "Someone should teach that Carax that they cannot treat others like that. If I meet them, I'll tell them exactly how I feel about them." He was quite a protective little guy.
Despite the fatigue in his wings, Parflava spread them and hovered at Linra's eye height. He rarely sat still for a few minutes.

RobotDragon

(I'm really sorry about the delay in replying. Hectic in the run up to Christmas!)

Linra smiled at Parflava, it had been a while since she had made any real friends, and she was hopeful that this newcomer may prove to be a great ally and friend. She spread her wings in response to him starting to hover. 'Do you fancy going down to the river? It's not far to fly, and and can show you some more of my realm?'

Akkas

(No worries, have a great Christmas!)

Parflava was happy to hear her suggestion. He flew in a circle around Linra. "I would love to!" he said. "This place is amazing, it has everything! A mountain, a lot of nature, AND a river nearby... I'm really seeing the appeal and I get why you decided to stay here!"

RobotDragon

(Sorry again! Hoping to be more active now. Happy new year to you!)

Linra grinned and spread her wings further. With a flick of her tail she launched herself from the edge of her cavern and allowed her wings to catch an updraft. She soared effortlessly into the air, and spiralled within the updraft to gain height. With a backwards glance to check if Parflava was following, she roared joyously and glided off in the direction of the river.

Akkas

(Happy new year! Good to hear from you again :-)!)

Parflava beat his wings to gain speed. He could accelerate quickly because he was small and his wings were relatively strong. He followed Linra and caught the same updraft. He looked happy and enjoyed having the wind all around him.