News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Help Hyperlinking to pics/Posting pics.

Started by Aenjrou, August 12, 2013, 04:39:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aenjrou

Hello! I am hoping someone can give me some help and enlighten me here as I am having the most god awful time trying to do this myself.

I have searched around the forum, looking for the answer. Either I am overlooking it in places, or it's been a looong time ago since someone actually asked.

Everytime I try to post an image using the Insert Hyperlink option, this type of hyperlinking message [u r l ] [/ u r l ] it doesn't work for me, and I get a message saying: 'Sorry, you are not allowed to post to external links.'

May I ask why? Is it only for members who run the forum to be able to do that? Or is it something I have the ability to do, and just am doing it wrong? Or something I'm not supposed to be doing at all on here?

From previous experience on other forums, you just [u r  l= website you are linking ] text, such as, click for example [/ u r l] and tahdah! The image is linked when they click your text.

It's driving me insane. I found some things about a wiki and images going on my hunt for the answer, but I don't know if it's the same thing. I think it's meant for the [Img] though, which is completely different than what I am trying to do, but if someone can also quick link a thread that talks about the wiki and all that would be helpful as well.

Again, if you can help me. THANK YOU! If you can't, and you read this anyways, Thanks as well. I am a new member here, so I do apologize for any inconveniences I am causing, or any ignorance on my behalf.

**Yes, I intentionally put the spaces between the u r l, so that it would let me show you the message. I am not doing it that way when I'm actually trying to hyperlink**

Beguile's Mistress

Beguile's Mistress

Paste your image link.
Click Preview.
Highlight the link.
Click the icon/button to the left of the Insert Hyperlink button.  Hover the cursor over it.  It says Insert Image.

That should work.

Aenjrou

Aenjrou

YES! It worked! =]  WHAT THE HECK!  ??? It was the same thing I was trying to do before but now it worked for me.

It's different from what you were telling me with the IMG thing. But thank you Ma'am! Much obliged! <3

I started doing what you were telling me to do, but decided to mix it with the hyper linking instead and it worked, so I thank you very much again.

It allowed me to do it in the thread I was trying as well, so I guess so long as I go to preview, highlight, and edit it from there, it works.

Beguile's Mistress

I'm glad it worked for you.  If you want the image to show up in the post just use Insert Image code like I did to insert the copy of your avatar in my first post.

Aenjrou

I understand, thank you very much Beguile's Mistress. =]