Vampires suck - A twilight Parody

Started by Brandon, July 08, 2010, 09:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandon

Official Vampires Suck Trailer!

Im sure that this will be just as bad as all those other cheaply made parody movies that turn out horrible but there were a few parts in the trailer that amused me (and going by these movies track records all the good jokes are in the trailers). Still I figured some other people might enjoy it
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Paladin

Pastel Kitkat

I'm right there with ya Paladin.

BEST.THING.EVER. No matter how much it may suck I'd rather pay to see this then any of the Twilight movies. Or Alice In Wonderland for that matter.

Petrosity

O/O's Updated 7/31/13 & A'n'A

Drivestort

Normally I hate the parody movies, but I just might see that.

GeekFury

Well I'd rather watch this than any of the cinematic lobotomies we call The Twilight movies.

Nyarly

Why watch any of that shit?

If I have the choice between a crappy movie based on a book by a retard, that's drenched in Unfortunate Implications and a typical parody that "parodies" the former movie and makes you want to strangle everyone who is responsible for it, because it's offensively unfunny, than I want to watch neither.

Brandon

Lets not rag on people religions. I dont stand for that in politics and religion and I certainly wont stand for it anywhere else
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

grace

that is funny *giggles* thanks for showing it

Aviva

Not quite my thing personally. Could not stand the previous ones and doubt I would be able to watch this while keeping my blood pressure down. Not because I am a fan of the Twilight trilogy ( I am still yet to stay awake during the first film despite my partners multiple attempts to get me to watch it and the second though I managed to stay awake it is slow moving and drawn out personally) I am just one of these people that finds OTT humor annoying. Though I am sure my partner will love it so shall show it to him later.
Back from a very long break.

On and Offs

Story Ideas

Paladin

Quote from: Nyarly on July 09, 2010, 05:25:25 AM
Why watch any of that shit?

If I have the choice between a crappy movie based on a book by a retarded Mormon, that's drenched in Unfortunate Implications and a typical parody that "parodies" the former movie and makes you want to strangle everyone who is responsible for it, because it's offensively unfunny, than I want to watch neither.
Quote from: Brandon on July 09, 2010, 05:44:53 AM
Lets not rag on people religions. I dont stand for that in politics and religion and I certainly wont stand for it anywhere else

Yes Lets Please not diss other religions. As for the est of your opinion, if you don't like it then you don't have to watch it. Thats your choice, but some of us want to see Twilight ripped apart and burned like it should be. :D

Nyarly

So this is a pure "let's praise this parody, although it's not funny at all and just as bad as the movie it parodies, just because it bashes Twilight"-thread? Well, if you need it so badly...

But really, if I would hate something so much, I'd rather not be reminded of it's existence. In a few years, Twilight will be forgotten anyway. And it may be less well known (and even be forgotten much earlier), if a lot of idiots would finally stop talking about it. And no, I don't talk about the fans...

Some people seem to be only alive, as long as they can mindlessly bash something.

Brandon

Quote from: Nyarly on July 09, 2010, 03:24:27 PM
So this is a pure "let's praise this parody, although it's not funny at all and just as bad as the movie it parodies, just because it bashes Twilight"-thread? Well, if you need it so badly...

But really, if I would hate something so much, I'd rather not be reminded of it's existence. In a few years, Twilight will be forgotten anyway. And it may be less well known (and even be forgotten much earlier), if a lot of idiots would finally stop talking about it. And no, I don't talk about the fans...

Some people seem to be only alive, as long as they can mindlessly bash something.

Twilight is unique in the aspect that you really cant be neutral about it. There are people that really enjoy it and there are people that really hate it. The love/hate can vary from person to person, for instance I hate the inner message about twilight. While I can understand the attraction of being fought over (which is really the central theme IMO) the rest of it is just...creepy. To reiterate what I said earlier:

QuoteThe movie seems to portray that marrying your first love as early as you can is a great idea. Two, being stalked by a guy or guys is totally fine and means they really love you and will turn out to be great people. Third, it also seems to portray that the only thing special about Bella is shes a virgin and shes a naturally submissive person. Im fine with waiting for sex, Im also fine with having it but why is it that the movie seems to say keep your purity rather then "Its your choice and no one can tell you that being sexually active or abstinate is right or wrong". Likewise, I dont care if a person is submissive, dominant, switch, or neither but the show seems to say that submissivness is the only path to love.

All these things combined make the message a bad one that I feel is demeaning to women but more demeaning to men as if its saying these kinds of girls are the only ones we can ever care about.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions no matter what side of that spectrum they fall under. That said, I dislike being roped in with so called "idiots and haters" and need to point out that if you can not discuss something without being civil then I would ask you not discuss it at all.

Nyarly

I have never saw a discussion about Twilight that could be called civil.

But you are right, I shouldn't have even started with this. I can be civil (believe or not),  but I don't get how someone can derive pleasure out of disliking something. I'm just tired of the whole mess and just wish that everyone would forget about Twilight. Now that Meyer ended it, there may even be hope. But this parody is not very helpful in that regard.

In the end, Twilight is just a bunch of irrelevant novels, that through some unlucky twist of fate became very popular. Also, I think you can be neutral about it. Unless you separate "neutral" from "indifference".

RubySlippers

I love the Twilight movies, so put me on the pro-side.

(plugs ears and waits for the retaliatory comments)

Paladin

Quote from: RubySlippers on July 09, 2010, 07:16:03 PM

Ok thats your choice.

Brandon

Quote from: RubySlippers on July 09, 2010, 07:16:03 PM

I feel like I should ask why but then I probably wouldnt understand the answer.

That said, as always Ruby Ill give you points for being yourself

Host of Seraphim

I was reading all the comments in this thread before I went to watch the video, and I was getting really psyched up like "This is either gonna be awesomely awesome or awesomely bad oh boy" and then I went to watch the video and it said it's been removed for terms of use violation.  :-(
Tentatively trying to get back into RPing...

:: O/O :: A/A (updated 3/2 -- please read) ::

Brandon

Host of Seraphim

Awwhh you didn't have to! I woulda found it myself if I cared enough. Hmm... not sure if want. It's by the people who made Date Movie/Epic Movie/Meet the Spartans/etc., all of which were terrible excuses for film. It has bonus points for Lady Gaga and It's Raining Men though.

Brandon

As I said its a cheap movie for cheap laughs and going by its predeccessors track recoreds then all the good jokes are in the trailer anyway. Im fairly confident that if you went to see the movie you would walk away with just as much enjoyment from watching the trailer

Host of Seraphim

Haha, you put it perfectly!

When it comes to Twilight spoofs, this is, imo, the best one I've seen:

Buffy vs Edward: Twilight Remixed -- [original version]

Sabby

Are these the same guys that made Scary Movie, Epic Movie, Date Movie, and all those other horrible parodies? (Scary Movie was somewhat watchable though)

If it is, this is certainly a jump in quality for their work.

Nyarly

It was made by Seltzer and Friedberg? The Uwe Bolls of parodies? If it really is any good, than they probably hadn't really much to do with it. That was the case with Scary Movie.

Muninn

I'm not a big fan of their spoofs... though this shows promise I hope it isn't just a string of the same crude humor!

However, the internet has granted us with this spoof:

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Twilight for GUYS. ;D