News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The Time Turner [closed thread]

Started by undisclosedtoyou, August 12, 2015, 10:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undisclosedtoyou

We all know that we have several fantastically run Harry Potter games running on E.  But I want to do something a bit different than the ones we have right now.  I want to do an extremely LGBTQA friendly, Sandbox, ten years in the future game, where we have the same characters, but we're not required to go by J.K Rowling's established canon future.  So everything after the war would be up to us to make up.  I want something simple and fun, that's carried by the players plotting together to create something great, rather than me pushing everything forward myself.   The cast would be around 27+, so they've matured a bit, maybe settled down with the careers they want/or haven't found what they really want to do yet.  I don't care about things being realistic, sexuality wise.  I want to see some gay, straight, trans, asexual characters; and I want them to be played well.  I don't care if you're the same gender as your character, and I'd expect everyone else to respect and be okay with it.  You don't have to play with the same face claims that the cast of the movies had, but at least pick a face claim that's close to the description of the characters.  For now, I only want canon characters.  Once we've gotten those out of the way, I'll accept original characters.  If you're interested in something like this, please let me know!

The other canon characters not listed are available to.  This list is just for reference, the only canon characters I really need filled, in order to allow original characters are the golden trio.

Harry Potter -Reserved
Hermoine GrangerReserved
Ronald WeaselyReserved
Draco Malfoy -Reserved
Neville Longbottom - Reserved
Pansy Parkinson - Reserved
Parvati Patil -
Padma Patil -
Luna Lovegood - Reserved
Bill Weasley
Charlie Weasley -
George Weasley
Ginny Weasley Reserved
Gregory Goyle

Sexuality: Gay
Blood status: Pureblood
Occupation:  What occupation?  He's a Malfoy, Malfoy's do important things, are busy, and don't actually sully themselves with actual jobs.  Except, okay, he poses for a few foreign wizarding magazines; nothing in Britain though, since his reputation isn't exactly what it was before the war.
Marital Status: Not Married
Children: Nope
Hobbies: Knitting, and fuck anyone who thinks that a man knitting is poncy, he dares anyone to say that to his face. 
What's he been doing since the war:  After the war, there was a lot of speculation about what would happen to him and his family.  For several years, they had to deal with the death eater trials, not knowing if they'd have to go to Azkaban, lose everything they had, or worse.  When everything was all done and said, they got off extremely lucky.  Sure his father had to go back to Azkaban for the crimes he committed, but he and his mother got off lightly, with house arrest, and paying war reparations.  It hadn't been ideal, and the isolation had been a bit jarring for a while, but in the end, they had their freedom, and were still very well off, monetary wise.

But after that stint with the house arrest, he has done absolutely fucking nothing.  Okay, so yeah, he started the modeling thing four years ago, and he took up knitting, and he may or may not have a flat on a wizarding floor of a muggle building; but other than that, he hasn't really done anything with his time. 
Personality:  Draco is no longer the spiteful little brat he was as a child, nor is he the same boy he was in his 7th year.    The years of isolation, with nobody but his mother to interact with on a day to day basis, has caused him to hate being by himself.  He likes living around a lot of people; and since he's gotten a tad bit better about his view of muggles, living among them isn't such a monumental problem; or at least it isn't as big of a problem as it once would have been.  He's still almost unbearably snotty, and he's sarcastic as hell; but he's no longer as vindictive as he once was. 

[float=left][img width=300 padding=10][/img][/float]

[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Sexuality:[/b]
[b]Blood status:[/b]
[b]Occupation:[/b] 
[b]Marital Status:[/b]
[b]Children:[/b]
[b]Hobbies:[/b]
[b]Post War Bio:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]

"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Crash

I am not normally a huge fan of playing cannon characters but a Lesbian Luna could be fun though, or one of the Patil sisters.....hmmm I will have to think about this.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Crash on August 13, 2015, 12:06:00 AM
I am not normally a huge fan of playing cannon characters but a Lesbian Luna could be fun though, or one of the Patil sisters.....hmmm I will have to think about this.

I completely understand.  I want this game to have a good chance of filling up the canon spots first, but if I do, than I'm definitely open to originals.  But if you chose to play Luna or one of the Patil sisters, I wouldn't be adverse to it!
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Crash

I am going to write up one of the Patil sisters and use Priyanka Chopra as her faceclaim.  Hopefully there will be more interest here.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Golden Spider

Im interested and I would like to lay dibs on Harry and/or Luna I'll figure out which one exactly I want to play soon
Here are my O/Os: http://bit.ly/1HmHtRE 

I have taken the Oath of the Drake: http://tinyurl.com/ptea68l

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Crash on August 13, 2015, 03:40:42 AM
I am going to write up one of the Patil sisters and use Priyanka Chopra as her faceclaim.  Hopefully there will be more interest here.

Oooh, she's gorgeous!  Also, I hope we get more interest to!

Quote from: Goldenrod666 on August 13, 2015, 04:47:57 PM
Im interested and I would like to lay dibs on Harry and/or Luna I'll figure out which one exactly I want to play soon

I'll put up a reserved list!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Cerevan

Tentative interest in Charlie Weasley. I'm a big fan of playing a grumpy, charming dragon wrangler.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Cerevan on August 13, 2015, 10:50:58 PM
Tentative interest in Charlie Weasley. I'm a big fan of playing a grumpy, charming dragon wrangler.

Oh gods, I could read a whole novel about Charlies life!  Charlie and the twins are my favorite Weasley's!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Cerevan

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on August 13, 2015, 10:53:10 PM
Oh gods, I could read a whole novel about Charlies life!  Charlie and the twins are my favorite Weasley's!

Right?! I love the hell out of what we see of Charlie in the novels. It makes me sad that there wasn't more of him. (Though it would allow for more headcanon room for meeeee.) >:)

undisclosedtoyou

Yes!  I mean, he was a freaking dragon tamer, a ginger, and handsome to boot!  There definitely should have been more of him. 
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Crash

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on August 13, 2015, 06:28:05 PM
Oooh, she's gorgeous!  Also, I hope we get more interest to!

Well she was described as the best looking girl in her year by one of the other students, so may as well go with a former Miss World right?

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Crash on August 13, 2015, 11:23:53 PM
Well she was described as the best looking girl in her year by one of the other students, so may as well go with a former Miss World right?

Damn right!  Do you know which twin you want to make?  Should I open the other twin up as available, or would you rather I keep the other one a NPC, since it might be easier for you.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

RedPhoenix

This keeps calling to me.

Could I make a female from the potterverse a transgirl, if it's someone who wouldn't affect the history too much changing? I'm having a hard time thinking of a canon male character I'd want to have come out as trans.
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: RedPhoenix on August 13, 2015, 11:51:21 PM
This keeps calling to me.

Could I make a female from the potterverse a transgirl, if it's someone who wouldn't affect the history too much changing? I'm having a hard time thinking of a canon male character I'd want to have come out as trans.

You can definitely do that, yes!  Also, because it has to be said, I'd love for you to do so.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

GnothiSeauton

You would do a really awesome and interesting Potter group while I'm rereading the series...

Tentatively interested here.  I'm quite drawn to Neville (slobbers at the thought of Matthew Lewis nowadays).  Not sure if I'm interested in putting a claim on him as of yet.  Going to do some thinking and come back later.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Crash

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on August 13, 2015, 11:41:32 PM
Damn right!  Do you know which twin you want to make?  Should I open the other twin up as available, or would you rather I keep the other one a NPC, since it might be easier for you.

I am going to make Padma Patil.  I think I would rather keep the other twin as an NPC.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on August 14, 2015, 12:09:32 AM
You would do a really awesome and interesting Potter group while I'm rereading the series...

Tentatively interested here.  I'm quite drawn to Neville (slobbers at the thought of Matthew Lewis nowadays).  Not sure if I'm interested in putting a claim on him as of yet.  Going to do some thinking and come back later.

Gothic, you rock. Also yes, he definitely grew into his big boy pants. -grins-

Quote from: Crash on August 14, 2015, 12:12:06 AM
I am going to make Padma Patil.  I think I would rather keep the other twin as an NPC.

Completely doable!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

RedPhoenix

Yay, you rock undisclosed. :)

I'm leaning towards Pansy Parkinson at the moment. Would make her former relationship with Draco interesting, esp if he was gay the whole time. Although the whole trying to turn Harry over to Voldemort might hurt her chances of interacting socially with anyone these days....

I'm also thinking of Angelina Johnson, who could be fun if there was a very-into-it George involved. She's one of my favorite characters from the book, whereas Pansy I'd have to reinvent a lot to make more interesting.

Hmmm think think. 
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

Golden Spider

I really cant decide can I do both? I really want to do a Lesbian Luna. but I also dont really like the idea of what someone might do to Harry. I wont mind him gay just as long as he isnt with Draco. but I also really like the idea of Harry being with ron.. so can i double?

Cerevan

Soooooooo...if we flutter our eyelashes really hard and everything, can we get intensely pretty pictures like the one you made for Draco...?

Also putting down a tentative face claim of Sam Heughan for Charlie Weasley.

GnothiSeauton

A random question...  But is this going to be in, like, a set setting (i.e., a sort of Class Reunion of sorts), or is it just going to be totally open everywhere in the world?
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Crash

undisclosedtoyou

Woo, so I'm back from work, so let me read through everything.

Quote from: RedPhoenix on August 14, 2015, 12:32:26 AM
Yay, you rock undisclosed. :)

I'm leaning towards Pansy Parkinson at the moment. Would make her former relationship with Draco interesting, esp if he was gay the whole time. Although the whole trying to turn Harry over to Voldemort might hurt her chances of interacting socially with anyone these days....

I'm also thinking of Angelina Johnson, who could be fun if there was a very-into-it George involved. She's one of my favorite characters from the book, whereas Pansy I'd have to reinvent a lot to make more interesting.

Hmmm think think. 

I replied to your plotting PM, RedPhoenix!  But yeah, I'm good with whoever you choose to play.  There are ups and downs for each character, but hey, that's why it's fun!

Quote from: Golden Spider on August 14, 2015, 12:37:41 AM
I really cant decide can I do both? I really want to do a Lesbian Luna. but I also dont really like the idea of what someone might do to Harry. I wont mind him gay just as long as he isnt with Draco. but I also really like the idea of Harry being with ron.. so can i double?

Aww, I'm going to prefix my reply to this by saying that I'm a huge Harry/Draco shipper(I'm also a Charlie/Draco shipper, and a Serious/Draco Shipper, I'll pretty much ship Draco with anyone, if there's a believable plot, and the writers good at what they do.)  Also, I should warn you, I created this game with the image of Draco getting reamed by a dashing Harry.  Not that I plan on doing that, but yeah, that was my mind space when proposing this game idea.

Right now, I'm only allowing players to play one canon character.  I'll allow for a second character later on, but those second characters would most likely be original characters.  As a GM, I'd suggest going with the character you want to play, since you'll get more satisfaction from it, and to be honest, I'd enjoy reading your post's more, if I know you're writing a character you really want to play.  Personally, I wouldn't worry about Harry, because while he was the main character in the books, I have a very, "everyone is the main character of their own lives," sort of outlook for group games. 

Quote from: Cerevan on August 14, 2015, 08:20:44 AM
Soooooooo...if we flutter our eyelashes really hard and everything, can we get intensely pretty pictures like the one you made for Draco...?

Also putting down a tentative face claim of Sam Heughan for Charlie Weasley.

Ooohhh, I did not make that picture, I actually found it from a "Jeremy Dufour Draco" google search!  It's been a long time since I've made a manip image for characters.  But there are awesome sites out there where you can make requests for images like these to be made for roleplaying games!  I'd check out Caution to the wind, since that was one of my go to sites back in the day. 

But I am super flattered that you think I could make something so awesome sauce-pretty!

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on August 14, 2015, 01:52:07 PM
A random question...  But is this going to be in, like, a set setting (i.e., a sort of Class Reunion of sorts), or is it just going to be totally open everywhere in the world?

I had envisioned event's centering around Wizarding London, and maybe branching off to the rest of England or abroad.  But if an event is something everyone likes, than I can completely finagle something awesome like that!

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Golden Spider

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: RedPhoenix on August 14, 2015, 03:53:18 PM
If it's up for discussion having everyone meet at once to start the game (maybe a reunion or a wedding or a ceremony of sorts or something?) would be a nice way to sort of get the ball rolling. :) Especially if we are playing characters who might need an excuse to interact with each other otherwise.

This is a doable thing!  We could potentially pick two canon characters who weren't been picked to be played, and have them get married for the sake of the game; and the opening would be the wedding reception. 

Quote from: Golden Spider on August 14, 2015, 04:02:43 PM
Understood. I will play as Luna then

Also, I think we all want a Lesbian Luna.  I've always thought she'd be a kick ass lesbian!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's