Google freeze

Started by despickable, June 13, 2016, 07:12:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

despickable

I am getting constant freezing and slow loading on chrome It appears to be happening when I am using you tube
I have never liked it much as a program and since I upgraded to windows 10 it appears to be a common issues. It brings up an unresponsive box with wait on it and  after a certain time  loads and works OK but freezes up again. Any clues on why and what I can do to fix it?

I did uninstall and reinstall it but  it still  happens. I did switch off and reboot which temporally fixed t but it is still playing up. Any ideas on how to sort it and has it happened to anyone else? It might be a bug. All virus software has been run through it too but the problem persists

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133839.0]
[/url][/url]Despickable's Ons and Offs

AmberStarfire

I'd say try updating Flash, and clearing all cookies from Youtube (I'm not sure if this would clear their recommended songs, though). Probably not if it's linked to an account.

I've noticed every time there's a new version of Flash and if I haven't updated, Youtube starts having problems (this has happened several times). When I update Flash, the problem goes away. It's been more crashing than slow loading but it's what I'd try.

You can update it from the Adobe web site (adobe.com).

FoxWriter

okay so i went through this with mine! it's actually a glitch on Windows ten. I'll bet if you don't go onto Youtube then it would still freeze right?. i actually learned how to fix this. (not before it reduced me to tears many times.)

first. go to you're start menu and bring up Cortana and in the search bar type in Disk Cleanup. select it and a small box will appear with a few options. you want to run Windows C: (may vary, typically it is the first option.)

Let it run, this may take a short while. when it is finished it will give you a selection of small tick boxes, you want to select all of them. program files, offline webpages and thumbnails are examples of what you will see in this selection. once you have selected all of them, hit Okay.

it may wish to restart, let it. if it does not, restart manually.

once you have restarted your computer,go down to your start icon and right click it. this will bring up a selection of options. click Run. this will bring up a small search bar asking you what you are looking for. type in Temp.

this will bring up a large list of programs. using your mouse, or the CTRL A, select every single file. now hit delete. this will delete all temporary files on your computer. (don't worry, anything you computer is currently using will not be deleted.) options may appear saying that an item cannot be deleted. simply press Skip and it will continue. do this unti it finishes.

Restart again. this will make sure the deletion is 'registered'.

Go to Cortana again and type in Defragment. it will bring up an option that says 'defragment and optimize'. open it. it will open a new window. fine Windows C: it should be the first option. select it and click the button underneath that says 'optimize'. this may take several minutes. let it finish ad try not to do anything on your computer while it's running.

restart again and the freezing should be stopped. if not. go to Cortana, type in Support. this will bring up an option that says Contact Support. they will be able to assist you if this process doesn't work.
[tr][td]
My Cafe[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Choose your own adventure : Fates be Chosen[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]50 Tales[/td][/tr]
[tr][td] Word of the Day[/td]
[/tr][/table]

despickable

Thanks I will begin that process now and let you know how it went thanks for the help

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page

gaggedLouise

As a quick tip, I've noticed that  a process called GoogleCrashHandler is sometimes (not normally) running, and it seems to get triggered by high memory usage and most likely by something to do with Google-related rendering, such as Flash. Once it's kicked in, it keeps running even though its usefulness is only momentary, and it tends to slow the browser - any browser but especially Chrome. It can be seen in the process manager (cliock CTRL-Alt-Del in Windows or right-click the blue bar at the bottom of the screen to fish it up).

Sometimes it will freeze loading of new pages near completely...So if the browser feels sluggish I've made a point of checking the process manager and seeing whether GCH is running, and if it is, just break it off (with the mouse). For some reason quite often it's also running at startup, even before any browser has been launched, and I regularly turn it off at that point too.  :-)

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

despickable

Thanks Fowriter I went through the process as you laid out and it appears to be working but i will wait and see if that continues unabated
Appreciate the help  you guys are great
Thanks Gagged Louise I did not find anything with that name listed in my task manager section. Nothing called process manager. It does appear to be working at this point, but I will see what happens. Thanks for all your help too

Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page

FoxWriter

i'm glad it helped darling. it may still freeze if you do too much at once, but the chronic problem should be better if it's working now. i know i was on tenterhooks when mine finally started working.

high memory and high CPU was something i went through too GaggedLuise! some very nice people from the SB talked me through how to fix that as well. ^^ that was a long process XP i don't think i could walk anyone through that! LOL.
[tr][td]
My Cafe[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Choose your own adventure : Fates be Chosen[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]50 Tales[/td][/tr]
[tr][td] Word of the Day[/td]
[/tr][/table]