Is Pinterest down to anyone else here?

Started by Formless, April 05, 2016, 08:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Formless

For a day now , Pinterest doesn't load any images. A quick google search lead me to some websites like downdetector.com & sitedown.co (not sure if these are reliable sites) says the website is either down or going through some troubles.

What I noticed is just a couple of hours ago , even the images I had on my boards that I shared here did not load up anymore.

Am I the only one here with this problem?

BAMF

I've seen Vekseid recommend using this site > http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ to check with things like that. I put in Pinterest to check, & it shows that it's up.
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
by a series of small things
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

Formless

Thank you, BAMF.

I just tried it myself it says its just me.

Oh well. Guess I'll have to suck it up till it gets fixed on my end.

AmberStarfire

You should be able to run a traceroute to see where it's blocked/timing out along the way.

If you open up a command window (if your windows has a 'search' or 'run' option on the menu, type cmd.exe). Once there, type:

tracert pinterest.com

It will tell you the path of the connection and where it's getting stuck.

If you're using a Mac you still can, but you go about it differently.

(Don't screenshot and post it here because it will reveal your IP address). If it's getting stuck before it reaches Pinterest and doesn't continue from that point, it should give you an idea.

Formless

Thank you, Amber

I tried it , and along the path , several 'Request time out' happens.

I guess the problem isn't exactly on my end, but somewhere else ...

This is a screencap of how pinterest looks like to me

Kind of a bummer. Hopefully they'll find a way to fix it soon.

AmberStarfire

Hmm, actually that makes me think. The pictures on Pinterest aren't stored on pinterest.com. One for instance is stored at:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/58/e1/b4/58e1b467fdeccffda550e4bbd787b214.jpg

So they're at pinimg.com. I'm not sure if that's where they all are. Pinterest.com is loading but most of the images aren't. So the problem is either between you and pinimg.com (or another site if that's where the images are) or perhaps your ISP (or employer) might be blocking it.

Formless

Well when I used a VPN anonymizer with an IP outside my country , it worked like a charm.

I suppose the ISP or pinimg has something wonky going on.

Thank you for all your help, Lady Amber! :-)

AmberStarfire

Formless

Indeed! ;D

Though 500px is a superb site as well.