News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Pomegranates (Taken!)

Started by calamity, May 13, 2008, 07:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

calamity

Ah, a playing out of the old Persephone/Hades tale - except in modern time and much more (ahem) explicit detail!  This is a rare occasion where I'd like very much to follow the plot of a story not written by myself of a partner, except this has a twist. 

Of course, for anyone unfamiliar, Persephone is the daughter of Demeter, the Greek goddess of fertility.  Hades, king of the Underworld and brother to Zeus, sees Persephone in a field and becomes instantly infatuated with her.  He splits the ground apart and steals her away to his home, the world of the dead.  Whilst imprisoning the young innocent, Hades encourages her to eat part of a pomegranate - tricking her into being bound to the Underworld and to himself (as Queen of the Dead) for half of the year.  The myth is meant to explain the wax and wane of seasons - winter is Demeter mourning the loss of her daughter, while spring and summer are Demeter's rejoicing at her daughter's return.

The setting is the present.  Persephone is the daughter of a wealthy single mother - a widow philanthropist.  Persephone's status as goddess is not removed from the story, except that her true nature is not known to her.  Hades is, of course, still Hades - all knowing and cruel.  Appearing to her as a mortal, he tries many times to woo Persephone but fails on every occasion.  Frustrated with her resistance, he casts aside his attempts to hide his power and begins to weave himself into Persephone's dreams - coaxing her into fits of near-climax before letting her wake in her empty bed.  Eventually, he reveals himself to her in the real world, but that "abduction" story is open for discussion with anyone who would like to play this out with me.

Everything is negotiable!

This story involves nonconsent and manipulation fueled by the "I must have what I want" mentality of an egomaniac with god status.  The ultimate power trip - he, after all, always gets what he wants.  ;)  There are elements of mindcontrol, dark romance, and (if desired), physical abuse.  If the partnership goes well, I'd love to explore the Queen of the Underworld imagery and plot possibilities, too.

PMs welcome!

EDIT: This story was finally snatched up by Cam!  Thanks to anyone who expressed interest.  <3
O&O

Hades69

Putting your words on Hades aside ( he was actually really cool and nice, it was Zues who started the crap ). I'd love to do the rp with you, its one of my favorite stories.  If you are still game, lets do it.
I stole your heart, love.

calamity

Quote from: Hades69 on May 13, 2008, 10:16:06 AM
Putting your words on Hades aside ( he was actually really cool and nice, it was Zues who started the crap ). I'd love to do the rp with you, its one of my favorite stories.  If you are still game, lets do it.
I adore Hades - he's probably one of my absolute favorite gods.  I'll send you a PM - I think actually that I'd rather play something else with you!  I suspect your vision of Hades wouldn't mesh with what I want this story to be.  I'm looking for a real cruel streak!  *grins*
O&O

Hades69

Cool, go ahead and send the pm then.
I stole your heart, love.

gideonblake

This sounds fantastic, would love to talk more about it.