A Gotham City Story - Small group (3-4 people)

Started by Anna Katrine, July 31, 2017, 01:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Katrine

Hello and welcome everyone.

Lately I have been tinkering with the idea of placing a small group game in/around Gotham City. Maybe a new criminal comes to town but first have a run in with Catwoman and Poison Ivy. Perhaps one of Batman's new sidekicks gets in over his head. I don't have any concrete ideas at the moment so any brainstorming is very much welcome.

This story is intended to be somewhat light hearted so rape and any crazy stuff is a no go.
Thank you very much for your time.

Heres some inspirational pictures concerning some of the more prominent residents of Gotham City:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Kadigan

I think it'd be fairly interesting to do something like the GCPD, focus on 4 police officers or something like that. Just a thought, but Gotham anything I'm interested in.

Ignavus

Well if I could  play an OC hero I'd be more than happy to join in on this.

Anna Katrine

Oh yeah, a crew of cops could be interesting. I always loved the Gotham Central comic :)

Adrian Castle

I'd love to play a sidekick or a villain here, sounds fun!

Ace Flyer

I'd be interested. Is there going to be a character limit? And are you looking primarily for OCs or are canons up for grabs? I admit, I do love playing Batman and Catwoman (and a significant portion of the rest of the Bat Family and their rogues >>; ).

Anna Katrine

First off thank you very much all for your interest :)

Ace, I am going to set the limit of characters to the number of people currently interested, that is around 5. This is mostly to make sure that the game would be a size that I can manage.

As for OC and canon, I don't really mind. At the moment I am just interested in sketching out a story with everyone :)

Inital thoughts: A new hero/villain comes to Gotham and quickly gets tangled up in the local politics, including the local thugs/heroes and the police department.

Ace Flyer

Mmkay, so one character per player then? Hmm...Who to play, who to play...Wouldn't mind providing the Bat himself for all the shenanigans. ^^;

Plenty of ways a story like that initial way could go. Would the "new hero" be the GM character, and our characters kind of revolve around them? A hero trying to train them up/get them to quit, a villain trying to break them, a cop trying to arrest them, etc etc?

Anna Katrine

Ok maybe I phrased that wrong. I meant that I won't take one more than 5 people total. If you think you can pull off more than one character then be my guest :)

My initial idea was just based on what people expressed interest in playing. I don't really have a character or a particular narrative in mind yet :)